Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,741 members, 7,955,827 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:17 PM

Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? (45341 Views)

Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos / OMG! You Can't Believe How Clean Onitsha Is Under Willie Obiano. / Kabiyesi Of Youruba At Onitsha Is Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by IGBOSON1: 10:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
bestview: This is Onitsha!

^^^Bestview, what road is that in the first pic? And could someone close to Anambra gov't tell the Commissioner of works to instruct the contractor to finish the job by adding road markings and road signs......if we do things we should do them to world class standards!

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by WarriPikin1: 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2013

Why can't the Government of Nigeria insist the construction companies must mark the roads after construction?
Even the new Nkpor flyover isn't marked. Brand new roads in Warri and Asaba aren't marked!
Wetin be this nah?

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
Onitsha is A Great Cash Cow To Any Government That Knows How To Utilize it.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by bestview: 10:42pm On Sep 16, 2013
The road markings is ongoing. They started the marking from Head Bridge.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:53am On Sep 17, 2013
What About The Onitsha Movie Industries? A Lot of People Do not Know That When You Talk About Movie Industry, You Will Not Forget Onitsha.The Producers and Marketers are Based in The City of Industries ONITSHA!!!.....Many more Producer are Coming into Onitsha.Surely Onitsha is The City of Movie!.I Want To use This Opportunity To Ask The Anambra-State and Federal Government To Come To Aid of This BLESSED CITY of ONITSHA!!!!!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by cjrane: 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2013

Bros take more pictures abeg.
A picture speaks louder than a thousand words.

The only thing i think Peter should learn from Fashola is that instead of employing 5000 teachers every week, who really will not teach kids anything because of the quality of training they got in the colleges of education. He should set up 2 or 3 landscaping teams to plant flowers and trees in open spaces and the major roads of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi.

Fashola literally transformed Lagos by creating beautiful parks and planting trees & flowers! Being fair to Fashola, i think it is a legacy worthy of emulation by other states of Nigeria where creating a conducive environment isn't a priority to the residents.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by IGBOSON1: 5:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
One thing Onitsha is lacking are masses of trees and tree-lined streets to help 'green up' the city and give it a fresh feel! It's not rocket science, neither is it expensive to achieve!

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
cjrane:

The only thing i think Peter should learn from Fashola is d trees in open spaces and the major roads of Onitsha, Awka a

Fashola literally transformed Lagos by creating beautiful parks and planting trees & flowers! Being fair to Fashola, i think it is a legacy worthy of emulation by other states of Nigeria where creating a conducive environment isn't a priority to the residents.
Well Spoken! This is One of The Weak Points of Anambra State Government.We cannot Continue To Wait For The Government in Everything! You and I can Show Others Including The Government The Way by Beautifying Our Surrounds Which includes Our Houses,Offices,Business Premises and Shared Pathways etc.Onitsha can-not depend on Government Alone! Let's Take Possesion of This Great And Emerging City and Turn It into Hongkong and Tokyo!!!!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
That's Great! More of This Pictures Will Help To Diffuse The Negatives of The Past Concerning This Great City Of Industries-ONITSHA!!!! More! More!! and More Photos Please!!!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
Onitsha is also The Home of Foot-Ware Industries! Many People Thought That ABAba is The Only King in This Regard,But I must Tell You That Onitsha is Littered with So Many Shoe Factory Both Small Scale and Large Scale Industries! I Only Hope That Mr Peter Obi will Partner with Them Like He is Doing in Education and Health! I can share More Ideas on This If He Want! If This is Done, Nobody will be Travelling To China But They will all Come To Onitsha-The City of Industries! Millions of People will be gainfully Employed!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by asha80(m): 7:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
cjrane:

The only thing i think Peter should learn from Fashola is that instead of employing 5000 teachers every week, who really will not teach kids anything because of the quality of training they got in the colleges of education. He should set up 2 or 3 landscaping teams to plant flowers and trees in open spaces and the major roads of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi.

that should be for the next administration to do.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by asha80(m): 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
invest-now2013:
Onitsha is also The Home of Foot-Ware Industries! Many People Thought That ABAba is The Only King in This Regard,But I must Tell You That Onitsha is Littered with So Many Shoe Factory Both Small Scale and Large Scale Industries! I Only Hope That Mr Peter Obi will Partner with Them Like He is Doing in Education and Health! I can share More Ideas on This If He Want! If This is Done, Nobody will be Travelling To China But They will all Come To Onitsha-The City of Industries! Millions of People will be gainfully Employed!
where in onitsha are the footwear makers located?
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
asha 80: where in onitsha are the footwear makers located?
Obodo-Ukwu Road New Heaven Okpoko, AwadaOnitsha,Iyiowa Odekpe,Nkpor etc. A Lot are Done in Many Houses in and Arround Onitsha! Many are not Known! Onitsha is Surely The Home of Foot-Ware Industries.With all These, We Don't Need To Go To China or Any Other Place, But China and Rest of The World Will Come To Us! Arise! Onitsha Arise!!!! You Are The City of Industries!!!!!'
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 8:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
asha 80: that should be for the next administration to do.
Yes and No! Mr Peter Obi Still Have Six Months To Go which you and I know is Still A Long Time To Intervene in This Noble Industry.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by adimsmt: 7:59am On Sep 18, 2013
It's really sad that the country we all call ours is now filed with idiots. I ask this question how can we as people or as a country succeed when all we do is fight about which area is better , for God sake why can't we use this forum to persuade our so called rules to do more for this nation that is blessed with everything . Our country is in position to live up to what it is. Giant of Africa instead we are a giant of fool in the eye of other nation's of the world. Its a welcome development to see industries moving to Onitsha or any other part of our country we all will benefit. If we can work hard for our beloved country we will all see that developments that have alluded us for years. I'll love to live in Nigeria where cities like Onitsha, Owerri, Enugu, and all the major cities in our states look like Lagos or Abuja . My dear NL it will be better for us all to work together for good of our country.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Kingsley1000(m): 8:15am On Sep 18, 2013
i heard Ngige is planning to reconstruct oba international airport...
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 8:33am On Sep 18, 2013
Kingsley1000: i heard Ngige is planning to reconstruct oba international airport...
That's Wonderful If He Eventually Win The Election! No Politician In Anambra State Will Be Taken Seriously In The Area of Industrialization With-Out A Functional International Airport In Onitsha! ONITSHA NEEDS AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT NOW!!!!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by IGBOSON1: 8:41am On Sep 18, 2013
Kingsley1000: i heard Ngige is planning to reconstruct oba international airport...

^^^He should plan to spend the money on something else! AIIA is there with it's two terminals, as well as Asaba airport; and by then Enugu-Onitsha expressway would have been reconstructed.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 9:18am On Sep 18, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^He should plan to spend the money on something else! AIIA is there with it's two terminals, as well as Asaba airport; and by then Enugu-Onitsha expressway would have been reconstructed.
Why not Share Capital City, Government House, Governor etc. International City Must Have It's Own Airport. You Don't Plan For Other Cities, But You Plan For Your Own Economic Domination of Others Especially In Areas You Have Comparative Advantage. Onitsha Should By Now Be Having Two Airports; OBA Local Airport With Aviation College and Anambra State\Orient Petrol International Airport At Umureri.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:46am On Sep 18, 2013
IGBO-SON:

A Lot of Stories Concerning Investors From Far East of Asia and Those From Europe Coming To Invest In Onitsha, But end up Not Getting There Because of Landing In Other Cities With Functional Airport. Some of The States Involved Which I Will Not Mention Here Succeeded In wowing Them To Their Own Cities! What A lost! For How Long Can We Continue In Darkness Where as God Have Given us Light? How quickly The Government of Anambra State Understands This, The Better For The City of Industries...ONITSHA!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by bestview: 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
invest-now2013:
Why not Share Capital City, Government House, Governor etc. International City Must Have It's Own Airport. You Don't Plan For Other Cities, But You Plan For Your Own Economic Domination of Others Especially In Areas You Have Comparative Advantage. Onitsha Should By Now Be Having Two Airports; OBA Local Airport With Aviation College and Anambra State\Orient Petrol International Airport At Umureri.

Don't mind that guy. We should not build our own airport because neighboring states has built theirs? Good a thing the site have been acquired around Otuocha areas fenced and compensation fully paid to the host community. Orient Petroleum has taken over the project in conjunction with Anambra state govt. Below is the interview granted by CEO of Orient Petroleum:

[b]THERE’S TALK ABOUT AN AIRPORT PROJECT THERE. CAN YOU ELUCIDATE ON THAT?

Yes, there will be an airport. I spoke about Orient Petroleum Resources PLC being a holding company. The holding company has four subsidiaries. One subsidiary is the refining of petro-chemical component which is going to operate the refinery; the second is the one that is about producing oil and gas; that is called the exploration and production subsidiary. Then we have a subsidiary which is gas and power which is supplying gas to Nkalagu cement, to breweries at 9th Mile, and possibly to this SABmiller Brewery in Onitsha. The final one is the infrastructure and services which will look after the airport and other infrastructure like housing and so on which will support the operations of the other three subsidiaries.

So the vision was that Orient will be a vertically integrated company. It derives its own raw materials, sells its products; provides its services. The airport was supposed to provide an outlet for aviation kerosene which is one of the products of the refinery. So planes will land there and load with aviation kerosene. That’s the aviation fuel (ATK). So there will be a pipeline that takes aviation kero there; the aircraft will load and we can be selling aviation kero to Kano International Airport, to Lagos, even to Ghana and other places right from that point. So the airport itself is to provide an outlet for aviation kero and also it will provide a quick source of spares. Let’s say you need something in the refinery, you fly it in. So we do have licence from the federal government to set up an international cargo airport to fly in materials there. This airport is located in about 1,200 hectares of land in Ifite Umuleri. It’s already surveyed and work will start very soon now that we have income from the oil production.

SO HOW SOON DO YOU RECKON THE AIRPORT WILL BE READY?

The airport will be constructed in phases just like the refinery. The first phase will be the runway and the cargo shed. Those ones could be done in 18 months and then the next phase will be the second runway so that it will be like Abuja which is getting the second runway. Lagos already has two runways. So we’re looking far ahead. These runways are of international standard; the ICAO standard (International Civil Aviation Authority).

They’re long enough to take a Boeing 747 cargo. The biggest jumbo jet can land in the airport; that’s why it’s so long; 1,300 hectares and the runway is about 4 kilometres. It’s longer than Enugu and Asaba airports. It’s again futuristic to make sure that in 20 years to come it will still be serving us.

SO IT WILL BE STRICTLY A CARGO AIRPORT AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES?

Not quite. The licence is for international cargo and domestic passengers. So you can have passengers who are inside Nigeria. It’s not international passenger; it can’t take off from there and fly to London; no, but I can bring in materials from outside the country and fly materials out of the country; that’s cargo, but the airport itself can operate as a domestic airport. It will have a runway and a terminal building. The one in Enugu is international passenger airport but this one is international cargo.

http://elombah.com/index.php/articles-mainmenu/12391-orient-petroleum-has-come-to-stay[/b]

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by asha80(m): 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
off topic....@ bestview go vanguardngr.com and post the story about the igwe of agulu banning the fake igwe impostor in his town here so as to expose the already known fraud in the form of ubah.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Rossikk(m): 9:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
IGBO-SON:
One thing Onitsha is lacking are masses of trees and tree-lined streets to help 'green up' the city and give it a fresh feel! It's not rocket science, neither is it expensive to achieve!

We just lack awareness at leadership level of how to create liveable urban environments.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by bestview: 9:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
asha 80: off topic....@ bestview go vanguardngr.com and post the story about the igwe of agulu banning the fake igwe impostor in his town here so as to expose the already known fraud in the form of ubah.

You are right, but don't you think we should do that on another thread so as not to derail this particular thread of the Op.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by asha80(m): 9:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
bestview:

You are right, but don't you think we should do that on another thread so as not to derail this particular thread of the Op.
i meant open a thread on that.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by bestview: 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
asha 80: i meant open a thread on that.

I have just created the thread.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by bestview: 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
Roads within Industrial harbor Estate Onitsha

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by bestview: 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
Obosi bye-pass/flyover- Onitsha

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by bestview: 10:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
Inside GRA- Onitsha

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by bestview: 10:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
Onitsha Port

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
bestview: Roads within Industrial harbor Estate Onitsha
Thanks For The Pictures! More is Needed so as to Dispell The Negative Vibes About This Great City.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:36pm On Sep 18, 2013
bestview: Inside GRA- Onitsha
U.A.C.N Have Opened A Big Poultry Feed Plant In Onitsha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones / 2019: PDP Zones President To North, VP Goes To South East / Throwback: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Burnt House In Kaduna,1966 Where He Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.