Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,907 members, 7,821,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? (44831 Views)

Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos / OMG! You Can't Believe How Clean Onitsha Is Under Willie Obiano. / Kabiyesi Of Youruba At Onitsha Is Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:43am On Oct 04, 2013
Onitsha Seaport is another Project that should be followed with greater vigor! River Niger should be Dredged so that Big Ocean Liners will navigate comfortably through it to Onitsha. ONITSHA PORT SHOULD BE A SEAPORT & NOT A RIVER PORT! Anambra State should with immediate effect partner with The Federal Govt & some Private Investors to Dredge once & For all this Important River. The cost will not be more than 10 Billion Naira.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
invest-now2013:
That's Wonderful If He Eventually Win The Election! No Politician In Anambra State Will Be Taken Seriously In The Area of Industrialization With-Out A Functional International Airport In Onitsha! ONITSHA NEEDS AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT NOW!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 8:08am On Oct 05, 2013
Onitsha port is going to be very busy port. I Wonder How That Little Ware-House Built by The Federal Govt is going to cope with The Massive Volume of Goods That will be going in & out of The Port? Oh! God have mercy on us in This Country.Onitsha Deserve Better!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 8:13am On Oct 05, 2013
Onitsha Port will Create at least 10,000 jobs directly & over 50,000 jobs indirectly.Onitsha is a Great City that was abandoned for Long, But now is receiving attention no matter how small.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 4:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
Onitsha Port will Help to Diversify The Economy of Onitsha & Anambra State in Particular.It will help to attract More Large scale Industries,Businesses & Services.This Port issue should be taken seriously by The People and Anambra State Govt.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
The Mass Exodus of People to Lagos will definitely Stop if Onitsha Port & Onitsha Airport Starts to function!

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 1:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
Anambra-State Govt should establish A Marine College at Odekpe Area of Onitsha Metropolis.This will help to create Local Manpower For The expected Boom in Marine Business in The State!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
Dock-Yard for Ship Building & Mentenance should Built with Chinese,Greek & Polish Investors in Arround Onitsha. This will Create 1000 Jobs directly & 30,000 Jobs indirectly.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:48am On Oct 07, 2013
Onitsha Port can turn Arround the Economy of Anambra-State!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 12:55am On Oct 08, 2013
Onitsha is still waiting for the politicians to fulfill their promises to it!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 7:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lord Naya: Onitsha have no land for university. The army barrack is needed to secure Onitsha just like other cities. Moreover, Anambra doesn't start and end with Onitsha. I notice that new infrastructures, investments and markets are moving to independent towns around onitsha like oba, obosi, odekpe, nkwelle ezunaka, nkpor, ogidi, nsugbe etc due to inadequate land and expansion in onitsha
Army barracks can be moved to another place or Locality.It is the responsibility of The Police to secure Onitsha and not the Army.Onitsha needs more Police Presence than the Army! Onitsha University can be sited right in the ARMY BARRACKS!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 7:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
University is Very Important to Onitsha as a City! You don't expect a CITY WITH OVER 3 MILLION PEOPLE TO GO TO ANOTHER LOCALITY FOR THEIR HIGHER EDUCATION!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
Some of us may not Understand it that Onitsha needs University. Every Modern City Must be PLANNED TO HAVE EVERY FACILITY NEEDED FOR IT TO FUNCTION AND TO BE SELF SUFFICIENT.I know The arguments some may have or had put against Siting University in Onitsha like no LAND etc.There are many places in Onitsha to site University! To put a City in the right footing,know it that some of the structures already there mighty need to move to another place or demolish as part of the CITY's REGENERATION including THE ONITSHA ARMY BARRACKS!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
Onitsha is moving Back to the Level it was before The govt neglected it!

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 6:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
Security! Security! Security!!!!!! Onitsha needs it now that more than before! ONITSHA IS ATTRACTING MORE BIG BUSINESSES THAN BEFORE.The govt & The People of The City Should immediately work out how best to secure Onitsha & The Multi Billion Investments/ Investors based their.

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
Security is a very serious issue when a City is attracting new businesses.Onitsha is at this time attracting new businesses and businessmen and women.The security should not be handled as it is presently being handled.It is easy to provide security to Onitsha if the will is there.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 6:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
Modern ways of policing should be adpoted and followed. CCTV and other modern gadgets should be deployed immediately.Neighbourhood watch should be set up to enhance the effectiveness of the police.Information Desks or Boards should also be provided in The City of Onitsha.Street light must be made compulsary in the City.What do i mean by that? Every Landlord must be encouraged to put at least two solar lights & Cctv in their house with govt support!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
I find this thread very confusing becos i thought Onitsha was a commercial city and Aba, Nnewi and posiibly Ebonyi with its rice mill industrial? We are operating a sector and province economy in the east right?
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 5:00am On Oct 12, 2013
Techno Opens Mega Petrol Station in Onitsha-The City of Industries.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 5:13am On Oct 12, 2013
Security Industry in Onitsha is growing at Alarming rate! More Than 25 Thousand people are Employered in Onitsha in this noble industry. Security Industry is growing in the World and Onitsha is not left out in This Regard! Onitsha still need Arround 35 to 50 Thousand Security Men & Women for this Great City to be secured. Some of these personels may be Police Officers or Other Civil guards or security operatives.No Govt can ignore This Job spinning Industry.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Youngzedd(m): 12:19am On Oct 13, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

You are a clown for saying that. probably you are talking of Onitsha of 10-15years ago. Onitsha is a lot neater with good network of roads, thriving economic activities and secured at least to the standard of most economic cities of Nigeria. Lagos, PH, Onitsha and Kano has one thing in common- and that is huge capital resources flows in them and that can attract some level economic crime, of which Onitsha is still better off when compared among those major cities of its ranking.

Why can't we residents say the truth for once.

Tell me, can you work around in Fegge with your mobile phone left alone with your laptop computer, more especially during the evening?

Do you know how many shops that has been attacked in Fegge by those criminals.
A friend of my lost his laptop and gadget because of this criminals in a cyber cafe I normally visit.
My sister was stopped last month by two boys on bike demanding to have her cell phone in front of the house.

Because of the current situation I don't go out after 6PM with my phones or wallet.

Yes Onitsha has changed but in security it's F9.

The heart of Onitsha Fegge and Odoakpu need security asap.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by ChimaAdeoye: 12:43am On Oct 13, 2013
Abeg, make una help with pictures here o! This thread which should be juicy is so dry and sounds fake because of lack of pictures.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 3:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
Youngzedd:

Why can't we residents say the truth for once.

Tell me, can you work around in Fegge with your mobile phone left alone with your laptop computer, more especially during the evening?

Do you know how many shops that has been attacked in Fegge by those criminals.
A friend of my lost his laptop and gadget because of this criminals in a cyber cafe I normally visit.
My sister was stopped last month by two boys on bike demanding to have her cell phone in front of the house.

Because of the current situation I don't go out after 6PM with my phones or wallet.

Yes Onitsha has changed but in security it's F9.

The heart of Onitsha Fegge and Odoakpu need security asap.
Every City do have their own security challenges and Onitsha is not left out.This forum is not only to celebrate Onitsha,but to suggect ways to make it The Greatest City in The World!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
Security in Onitsha is improving everyday!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: Abeg, make una help with pictures here o! This thread which should be juicy is so dry and sounds fake because of lack of pictures.
I quite agree with you on This. Pictures!

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
There a lot of Motor/car Parks in Onitsha.Most of which is in Private hands. Govt should establish modern motor parks in Onitsha in other to give the City's dwellers a better life.It can be a great revenue earner for the state.

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 5:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
Touts should not be allowed at all in all these parks! To increase the IGR of the state,Anambra state should be collecting loading fees & Money from the operators of all these parks.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:59am On Oct 19, 2013
I just Recieve a report of a Market fire in one of Onitsha Market!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:07am On Oct 19, 2013
Onitsha surely needs a Ready & Functional Fire Service and Fire Engine.I Want to suggest to The Anambra State Govt to Establish Fire-Stations in All The Major Markets & Business Distrcts of This Great & Emerging City! Health & Safety Training should be made compulsory in all Business Areas in Onitsha. What do you Think?
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
invest-now2013:
Anambra-State Govt should establish A Marine College at Odekpe Area of Onitsha Metropolis.This will help to create Local Manpower For The expected Boom in Marine Business in The State!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 5:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
We can have a ship yard in Odepke!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 9:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
Election is Arround the corner! All the politicians suddenly remember Onitsha! Wow! Have any of you ask them Where they are before This Time of Election? Have any of YOU ASK THEM WHY THEY SUDDENLY REMEMBER ONITSHA?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark / "Igbo Man Defeated Boko Haram For Us" - Shettima / Malivelihood & Deola Wedding Gifts To Guests: Phones, Generators, TV, Fridges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.