Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? (44821 Views)

Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos / OMG! You Can't Believe How Clean Onitsha Is Under Willie Obiano. / Kabiyesi Of Youruba At Onitsha Is Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 9:55am On Sep 21, 2013
More pictures of Onitsha is Needed now!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:11am On Sep 21, 2013
Transport Industry in Onitsha is Not left out of This Boom. The Anambra State policy of Not banning The Motor cycle mode of Transport popularly called OKADA is a master Stroke in helping to maintain a Very Low Unemployment level in The City! The Critic might think other wise.There are About Three Hundred Thousand Okadas in Onitsha! If Mr Peter Obi join The bandwagon and ban Them today like some other Governors, You will have Arround Over Half a Million People without Jobs and Many Families in Danger of Homelessness!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:44am On Sep 21, 2013
More Investments are Needed in the Area of Road Construction & Expansion,Rail Lines For Train Services,Boats For River Transport,Morden Motor Parks,Proper Bus-Stops,Traffic Lights,River Jetties, Fly-Overs & Over-Bridges etc.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by bestview: 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2013
Government House/Governor Lodge Annex Onitsha

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by bestview: 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2013
First Business Park- Onitsha- comprises

-Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)

-Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)

-Financial Institutions

Second Business Park- Onitsha- comprises

- ICT investors (MTN, ETISALAT, AIRTEL, GLO, etc)

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by bestview: 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
Judges Villa- Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by bestview: 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2013
The ongoing Five Star Onitsha Hotel resort and Convention Center

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by 3dankey(m): 7:06am On Sep 22, 2013
Onitsha, anambra and the whole of south east have being neglected for a long time. I want us to forget what have happened and look into the future. When jon commission aba power plant, even T A cannot stop the development of the city. Also the next Governor of anambra state will have to deliver even though he like it or not.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 7:48am On Sep 22, 2013
bestview: The ongoing Five Star Onitsha Hotel resort and Convention Center
Great! What is needed is That Those Onitsha/ Anambra Investors should Hasten To Build Those 5 Star Hotels They Built in Other Places like Abuja in Onitsha Obodo Nnaa[ Nke Anyi Bu Nke Anyi. Onitsha Bu Bee Anyi]Hotels! Hotel!! and Hotels!!! are Needed in This City Now! River Niger Hotel and Tourist Villa Should be Constructed Now so as to Prevent Capital Flight and Onitsha Jobs to Asaba and Other Cities! Onitsha Kunie na Ula!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 7:55am On Sep 22, 2013
Ogbunike Cave Should Be Exployed Now! One 5 Five Resort Should Be Constructed There with-out Further Delays. It Should be called Ogbunike Onitsha Cave & Wonderland.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 8:17am On Sep 22, 2013
Awada Onitsha Needs 2 Five Star Hotel & 2 Shopping Malls & Plazas. Nkpor Onitsha Needs at least Three 5 Star Hotel, 3 Shopping & Business Mall, Amusement Park, Film/Cinema Studio etc. Akpaka Forest Resort & Wonderland Onitsha Should be constructed Now! The Middle Class in Onitsha Needs places To Spend Their God's Given Wealth! No Other Place To Spend it Than Onitsha The City of Industries!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 9:04am On Sep 22, 2013
bestview: The ongoing Five Star Onitsha Hotel resort and Convention Center
Tourism Potentials of Onitsha have not Be Tapped at all! It is Worth at least 10 Billion Dollars! Any Fast & Wise Investor cannot Fail to take advantage of This! Anambra-State Government Should not Be Sleeping & Waiting For Federal Allocations Where as There is A GREAT CASH COW FOR IT CALLED ONITSHA THE CITY OF INDUSTRIES! What The State is Looking in The Sky For is Just at Their Feet!!!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:04am On Sep 22, 2013
3dankey: Onitsha, anambra and the whole of south east have being neglected for a long time. I want us to forget what have happened and look into the future. When jon commission aba power plant, even T A cannot stop the development of the city. Also the next Governor of anambra state will have to deliver even though he like it or not.
Well Spoken!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:17am On Sep 22, 2013
One Hydro Electricity Dam Should be constructed at Odekpe Onitsha.There is a company in Pakistan that can Do That if encouraged. This Company can Supply 24 Hour Electricity to Onitsha in Just One & Half year at a very small Amount. This Dam will help to stop Power Shortages in Onitsha.It will also Help to stop perennial flooding of Onitsha by the River Niger! Let's end Power Shortages in Onitsha Once & For all,
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:50am On Sep 22, 2013
Alleluia! Six More South Africa Companies are Starting in Onitsha very soon according To Thisday Newspapers. What a Change?
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by asha80(m): 10:55am On Sep 22, 2013
invest-now2013:
Alleluia! Six More South Africa Companies are Starting in Onitsha very soon according To Thisday Newspapers. What a Change?
name them
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:00am On Sep 22, 2013
If you are Arround 33 Onitsha, Federal Housing & G.R.A Phase 1,2 & 3 Please can you post Pictures of Exotic Houses That People of Onitsha are Known For. This can help some of Our Forum members to appreciate Onitsha better & also help to destroy negative vibes & Innuedoes about This Great & Investors Friendly City Called Onitsha!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:05am On Sep 22, 2013
asha 80: name them
I will forward Their Names immediately I get them. I know That one of them is The Distillers of Wine/ Beverages.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:08am On Sep 22, 2013
@op I love ur passion for Onitsha the city need serious government interventions. Onitsha have brought development to other towns like Obosi, Nkpor, Umuoji, Nwelle, Ogidi and Ogbunike with industries and markets which would have be sited in Onitsha due to lack of space in that city. I was amused the last time I visited Ogidi building material market the rate of development in that area gives me alot of joy. The expansion of the market and building of residential building by investors which have turn a big empty bushy land to a town. I dnt understand why our government is not generating huge some of money through IGR cus there is alot of markets and industries scatter in Anambra I pray the next govenor will look towards that aspect.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by asha80(m): 11:12am On Sep 22, 2013
invest-now2013:
I will forward Their Names immediately I get them. I know That one of them is The Distillers of Wine/ Beverages.
provide the link to the story on thisday.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:14am On Sep 22, 2013
asha 80: name them
Another Company is an Agro Processing Firm. The name is not given yet.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by meccuno: 8:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
cjrane:

Bros take more pictures abeg.
A picture speaks louder than a thousand words.

The only thing i think Peter should learn from Fashola is that instead of employing 5000 teachers every week, who really will not teach kids anything because of the quality of training they got in the colleges of education. He should set up 2 or 3 landscaping teams to plant flowers and trees in open spaces and the major roads of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi.

Fashola literally transformed Lagos by creating beautiful parks and planting trees & flowers! Being fair to Fashola, i think it is a legacy worthy of emulation by other states of Nigeria where creating a conducive environment isn't a priority to the residents.
the only difference is that lagos has enough money to budget for that while onitsha doesn't.....
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 9:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
asha 80: provide the link to the story on thisday.
Thisday 2013-09-22
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by hiuser(m): 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
Playboy mansion? Business parks, industrial parks?
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by ak47mann(m): 10:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
The thing is that SE if you dnt have enough capital investment you will not make it because of capital intensive,places like north especially is easier to start with small amount as 300.000 naira and you will grow from there because of low competitiveness follow with low standard of living in that region, 300.000 naira in the east will not reach anywhere.

Not even enough for capital expenditure,at list you need 8 to 10 million naira minimum to start with in the east, if a business man is not careful by end of the yr his balance sheet will always result to minus.Only the strong survive in the east the ones that cnt cope with it end up in northern states and others... cool
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by ChinoIsBack: 10:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State said the state is worth over N20 billion in investments in spite of the fact that on assumption of office he met an empty treasury.
Speaking at a forum organised by League of Anambra Professionals (LAP) tagged “Lets Rekindle the Anambra Spirit” in Awka recently, Obi disclosed that the laudable feat was achieved without borrowing from any institution or government just as he revealed that six South African companies have already acquired land at Anambra industrial area and would soon commence business.

Contrary to the belief that he has been on seat as governor for about eight years, Obi disclosed that though his mandate was restored in 2006, his government’s budget was first passed only in 2008, saying within this short period of about five years, he has been able to deliver real value to Anambra people.

“I did not meet any single functional factory when I assumed office as Anambra State governor. There was no Government House or Government Lodge. Anambra has no secretariat. This place we are ( referring to Women Development Centre) was burnt down, I rebuilt it. But today as at last week Friday (that is September 6) Anambra is worth over N20 billion in investment,“ he said
He said SABMiller Brewery in Onitsha is the fastest growing factory in the history of SABMiller group of South Africa is about to double its production capacity.

While explaining the challenges that Innoson went through before his vehicle manufacturing company took off, he called on Nigerians to embrace local made products noting that fake products is global trend.
Speaking further, Obi called on Anambra people in other states of the federation to join hands in developing the state by locating some of their investments in Anambra.

“Basic things have changed since I became governor. We call on all Anambra people wherever they are to join hands in making Anambra great. The state is good now but we want to take it from good to great. We have to seek ways to bring solution to the numerous challenges confronting our state. You can only add value if you come home. If you bring about 10 percent of your investment into Anambra state it would make a lot of difference,” he said.

He assured that government has provided enabling environment for businesses to thrive in the state, adding “We are building institutions. People should join hands to make the institutions work.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anambra-state-worth-n20bn-says-obi/159591/

Pictures of more roads within Onitsha Harbour Industrial Estate- Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 8:27am On Sep 23, 2013
invest-now2013:
If you are Arround 33 Onitsha, Federal Housing & G.R.A Phase 1,2 & 3 Please can you post Pictures of Exotic Houses That People of Onitsha are Known For. This can help some of Our Forum members to appreciate Onitsha better & also help to destroy negative vibes & Innuedoes about This Great & Investors Friendly City Called Onitsha!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 8:35am On Sep 23, 2013
meccuno: the only difference is that lagos has enough money to budget for that while onitsha doesn't.....
I Don't Think that is down to Money alone,But The willingness of The Government & The People of Onitsha to Imbibe the culture of Keeping The Environment Beautiful. First, It must Start with The Government & The People will Definitely follow! Money cannot Stop It! The Money Spend by Government & it's Officials Including The State House of Assembly on Themselves alone is too Much.They can Reduce some of it and use it to Beautify ONITSHA THE CITY OF INDUSTRIES! Get Onitsha Right and See a Great Anambra State and Great Nigeria!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:56am On Sep 23, 2013
Beautifying of Onitsha itself will Create additional 10,000 Jobs! No Government no matter how Lazy or Foolish it is will ignore This Opportnity in a hurry To give So many people of the State a source of livelihood!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:08am On Sep 23, 2013
The City of Onitsha as a Trade Mark or Trade Name or as an Advertisment Material is Worth about 2 Billion Dollars! This can be exploited for The greater Good of all! Some of us might find it difficult to understand,but if you think about it deeply, you will surely get what I mean by that! This is one of The Reasons I say that Onitsha is A CASH COW!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Onitsha is expanding more than Government backed Cities! Onitsha is a City lacking Government Presence Over The Years.The Only Noticeable Government Presence is on The Area of Revenue; Tax Collection! More is expected of The Government even Though This Present Governor tried,but If we are Talking about Putting Onitsha as a World Class CITY OF BUSINESS! There must be Airport, Seaport, 24 Hour Electricity, Rail\ train Services,Sercurity, Clean Water Supply,Good & Dualized Roads,Street Lights, Good Housing,Universities,Good Hospitals etc.Every World Class City do have Their own University or Universities.Onitsha City University should be sited in New Heaven Okpoko as Part of it's Regeneration of that Place!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by IGBOSON1: 2:23am On Sep 24, 2013
bestview: Government House/Governor Lodge Annex Onitsha

^^^I've said it!.....see how these bastards use top of the line contractors and bespoke materials when it comes to building something that affects them directly, but when it's something for the masses they go and cut corners and do the barest minimum they can get away with! The state secretariat for instance.......there's nothing even remotely appealing about that monstrosity of a building: it doesn't look cutting edge like something built in the 21st century; i bet it's got no lifts; and the finishing looks like something real local builders built in a hurry! Any good buildings are normally private or company owned!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why I Am Shocked And Saddened – Buhari / Government Offices Can Open From Monday – Presidential Task Force / Agony As Herdsmen Overrun Ogun Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.