Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? (44745 Views)

Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos / OMG! You Can't Believe How Clean Onitsha Is Under Willie Obiano. / Kabiyesi Of Youruba At Onitsha Is Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
A lot of industries are opening their manufacturing out-fit in Onitsha-Anambra State.

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by asha80(m): 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
explain?
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by globalaid(m): 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
In your dream
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by EzePromoe: 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
No doubt Onitsha would turn out to be the commercial hub of the country. We only need good governance!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Sab-miller,Orange Company,Neimeth,Pokobros,Distillers of South-Africa,Heinekens,Golden Oil,Krisoral Group e.t.c have opened in Onitsha in recent times. Many more are coming. I believe this is a great news to Nigeria and Anambra State in particular.Onitsha is not known for Manufacturing,but Trading because of poor power supply. A great change is coming to ONITSHA!.... If you have any Pictures to support this,please post it for the benefit of others.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by asha80(m): 11:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
invest-now2013:
Sab-miller,Orange Company,Neimeth,Pokobros,Distillers of South-Africa,Heinekens,Golden Oil,Krisoral Group e.t.c have opened in Onitsha in recent times. Many more are coming. I believe this is a great news to Nigeria and Anambra State in particular.Onitsha is not known for Manufacturing,but Trading because poor power supply. A great change is coming to ONITSHA!.... If you have any Pictures to support this,please post it for the benefit of others.
neimeth is yet to build its outfit....it just an agreement to build.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
I know my friend.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 12:01am On Sep 16, 2013
I heard that Premier Breweries Plc and Onitsha Mineral company[LIMCA] are on the verge of starting again.I Believe that Onitsha will not remain same after all these GOOD-NEWS!

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Kingsley1000(m): 7:15am On Sep 16, 2013
Onitsha is indeed the heartbeat of d southeast with d massive expansion nd rapid stringing of industries...Is also d largest city in southsouth-southeasten region,,onitsha fegge okpoko iyiowa awada odekpe obosi nkpor ogidi nkwerre...Are the towns dat made up onitsha metropolics.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Rad1cal: 7:23am On Sep 16, 2013
Tolexander: even heard from a source that la liga, premiership, serie A, bundesliga and eredivise are proposing building their plants in onitsha.

Lame sad

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by omowolewa: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2013
Good news.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Kingsley1000(m): 7:32am On Sep 16, 2013
Onitsha has great potentials if managed by a prudent economist would be the best city in nigeria...Alas,the present administration isnt giving her the attention she deserves...Onitsha has the most sophisticated industries in southeast...D city is neater now superb to obi...

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 16, 2013
angry angry Why is it always Onitsha Some people will definitely be having stroke now...left to them these industries should have been sited in Agbara, apapa and the likes....Fresh Air has finally settled in the East...

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:38am On Sep 16, 2013
Let not forget That Onitsha is a Home for Paint industries.More than 20 Indegenous Paint Manufacturing industries have opened their Factory.If I may put it This way: Onitsha is now The Home of Paint Industry In Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:48am On Sep 16, 2013
Kingsley1000: Onitsha has great potentials if managed by a prudent economist would be the best city in nigeria...Alas,the present administration isnt giving her the attention she deserves...Onitsha has the most sophisticated industries in southeast...D city is neater now superb to obi...
Yes! Onitsha Deserve More than it is getting at the moment,But I Must also Commend Mr Peter Obi For The Efforts nomatter how little He is putting more than previous Administrations put togetter to make Onitsha Competitive Again....Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State has appealed to investors to site their facilities in the state, assuring them of good returns on investments.

He also promised them maximum support from the state government.

The governor made he promise while taking some international investors around the State.

Obi, who spoke to the press after visiting six different sites, said he was personally involved in the exercise to demonstrate to investors that the state will be glad to host them.

“This is also a clarion call for other investors to come to Anambra State, which besides being investor-friendly, booasts of the highest concentration of entrepreneurs in sub-Sahara Africa”, the governor said.

Citing example with some international organizations that have already sited their facilities in Anambra State, Obi said that he was always ready to be their one-stop-shop on issue that may possibly confront them in the process of doing business in the state. He explained that his commitment to industrialization is as a result of his conviction that any state desirous of making any meaningful economic impact must move from consumption to production and deliberately support activities in expanding the manufacturing base of the state. Governor Ob also visited Golden Oil Industry located at Harbour Industrial Zone, Onitsha.

He inspected the existing facilities of the company and the new ones they are building, 40,000 tonnes feed meal.

Obi said the visit was to ascertain about the company, what they are doing in view of their request for more land for expansion. He said that now he had visited and personally evaluated the company, that the government will offer them all necessary assistance.

In his remarks, the Executive Director of the company, Mr. Dvioedy V.N, said that Anambra State had not had it so good until Obi became the governor. He said that from the bad situation it used to be, Obi has returned stability to the town which has made it one of the best places to invest in Nigeria.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/02/obi-woos-investors-to-anambra-communities/

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by geeez: 10:49am On Sep 16, 2013
Funny thread

Okay, Ekiti is fast becoming a hub for manufacturing ... Oya disprove it

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:52am On Sep 16, 2013
Rad1cal:

Lame sad
This is a serious Discusion Forum For Serious People Who Love and Want to Make Onitsha and Nigeria Great!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 16, 2013
geeez: Funny thread

Inferiority complex.

7 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:00am On Sep 16, 2013
geeez: Funny thread

Yes! My Friend.I Don't want to derail This Thread. Let Forcuse on Onitsha The City of Industries. I will also Open another Thread for Other Nigerian Cities in no Distant Time! I love Investment and People Who Take The Riske to Invest in Industries inspite of Poor Power Supply!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:04am On Sep 16, 2013
Prof_Dumbledore: Inferiority complex.
Let not be too Hard to One Another,But bring something or Supporting Photo that will enrich This Forum. Please, it is all about Onitsha The City of Industry!

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by unmask: 11:10am On Sep 16, 2013
wow!.....great news from onitsha.....with all the developmental strides....at least with onitsha fast becoming africa's commercial hub maybe the number of people in Lagos will reduce and both cities will share the population....

But as the trusty spidy will say, with great power comes great responsibility

hope this development is matched by a competent and visionary leader like fashola
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:33am On Sep 16, 2013
unmask: wow!.....great news from onitsha.....with all the developmental strides....at least with onitsha fast becoming africa's commercial hub maybe the number of people in Lagos will reduce and both cities will share the population....

But as the trusty spidy will say, with great power comes great responsibility

hope this development is matched by a competent and visionary leader like fashola
The population of Onitsha Metropolis is Right Now About 3.5 Million People! These Industries that are opening in Onitsha is now pulling a lot of people as far as Ghana, Togo, Cameroum, Niger,Chad,Benin Republic etc. You May ask me how do I know This? I am one of investors in Onitsha. I have People from These Countries living in My House and also Working For Me! Lagos is Growing and Onitsha is also Growing Too! I Believe That Mr Peter Obi have Layed A Good Foundation For The Leader to Emerge Who Will Take Onitsha To Another Level! Airport,Seaport,Power Supply and Office Accommodation are some of Onitsha basic Needs.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Kingsley1000(m): 12:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
invest-now2013:
Let not forget That Onitsha is a Home for Paint industries.More than 20 Indegenous Paint Manufacturing industries have opened their Factory.If I may put it This way: Onitsha is now The Home of Paint Industry In Nigeria!
nt only dat,,let me list most of commodities produced in the city...Paint,foams,plastics,glasses,texile nd polymer,door of all types,just to mention d least.D last i checked fanafrik and lg are coming up.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by IGBOSON1: 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
invest-now2013:
The population of Onitsha Metropolis is Right Now About 3.5 Million People! These Industries that are opening in Onitsha is now pulling a lot of people as far as Ghana, Togo, Cameroum, Niger,Chad,Benin Republic etc. You May ask me how do I know This? I am one of investors in Onitsha. I have People from These Countries living in My House and also Working For Me! Lagos is Growing and Onitsha is also Growing Too! I Believe That Mr Peter Obi have Layed A Good Foundation For The Leader to Emerge Who Will Take Onitsha To Another Level! Airport,Seaport,Power Supply and Office Accommodation are some of Onitsha basic Needs.

^^^I knew it! Another Peter Obi/APGA/Obiano campaign thread! undecided
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 5:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I knew it! Another Peter Obi/APGA/Obiano campaign thread! undecidedThis Thread is For serious Discusion About Onitsha and It's Industries Please! If You Have anything To Contribute to it,Please Do!.I Love People Who Love to invest in Industries in Onitsha and Nigeria inspite of Many Challenges.

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Ewarrior: 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
Tolexander: even heard from a source that la liga, premiership, serie A, bundesliga and eredivise are proposing building their plants in onitsha.

*falls off onion tree* buhahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Ewarrior: 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
Chima_Adeoye:

Our Yoruba brothers will put a rope around their neck and jump off the rusty roofs of their mud houses over this thread!
Wow! Anicha? why not Iseyin or Ogbomoso ! grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

U guys rily need to chill and stop the hate

We know u guys want to see these developments happening here to come to ur zone, it will come only when u pple put away emotions and sentiments and start voting in leaders that strive for EXCELLENCE..

Btw we have more industries on Oba Akran avenue in Ikeja than the whole of Onitsha..so chill grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by bestview: 10:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
This is Onitsha!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself / Tinubu Fires Shots At Obi, Holds Anambra And Calabar Rally In One Day (Photos) / Ortom Launches "Community Volunteer Guards" To Fight 'Fulani Terrorists'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.