Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off (20349 Views)

Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 / Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Rossikk(m): 2:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
dayotheone: i would have love to play cameroon
oya go and play them nah....smh.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by phillippiano(m): 2:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hehehehe... I pity Ghana... Go Eagles Go
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
nadia_SA: Team Ethiopia!!!

hmmmmmm na wa ooo
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by chi4ik(m): 2:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
Brazil tinx on my mind but so so sorry 4 Ghana and Cameroon.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by zynzyn(m): 2:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
jamesbro: finally we go go world cup again

In the first place, you can't take ethiopia for granted. They are steadily improving.

A bad result as a result of carelessness in the first match of the tie is enough to cook us.

Secondly, I hope CAF is listening, Egypt Vs Ghana?? angry sad undecided cry

This kind of tie is not good for African Football, which is still looking for respect!

The strongest Nations in African Football, (not flukes) should go to the world cup, so that Africa can be well represented!!

I do not agree with a direct knockout system to produce African Qualifiers for WC.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by banky222: 2:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
Davo93: Please let us remember our Ghanian brothers and sisters in prayers ooo... Ghanians are not smiling at all
[img]http://74.54.19.227/GHP/img/pics/85586504.295.jpg[/img]
. They have already observed a minute silence for the demise of their world cup dreams. No need to pray.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by sundyke107: 2:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
Wow...Happy for Keshi led eagles. This will be an easy run. Up Eagles!!!!
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by goldfish80(m): 2:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: The Ghanians will be trembling with fear now cheesy
My Ghanaian friend Frimpong, asked me if there was a way they could petition Fifa for that pairing grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Austeenxx: 2:17pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ghana vs Egypt? shocked shocked

For Buddha's sake, CAF, this isn't one of those AFCON semi finals! grin
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 16, 2013
Chei Imo/Sa did u just wake from sleep?
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by adejonny: 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
•Ivory Coast v Senegal
•Ethiopia v Nigeria
•Tunisia v Cameroon
•Ghana v Egypt
•Burkina Faso v Algeria

Wahala for Ghana. I would have love them to be in the World Cup but beating Egypt will be a big challenge.

Ivory Coast should be through except Senegal re-enact their 1998 performance in France
Cameron will go through (referee will want to please oga at the top of CAF)
Burkina Faso will be in their first world cup
Nigeria got the easy one (it will be tough in the first leg in Ethiopia) but should break the deadlock towards the end of the second half. Easy rid in Calabar for the return leg.

Nigeria and Ivory coast will reach the Quarter finals in Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by drnairalov: 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ivory Coast Versus Senegal>>> IVORYCOAST GOES THRU

Ethiopia Versus Nigeria>>> NIGERIA GOES THRU nodoubt

Tunisia Versus Cameroun>>though 2 predict but i think TUNISIA

Ghana Versus Egypt...no chance 4 Ghana...EGYPT GOES THRU

Burkina Faso Versus Algeria>>> ALGERIA
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Davo93(m): 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
awww... buh why don't you join the winning team?? #EthiopiaMustBow
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by obongtunji: 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2013
Thank GOD, let me go and book for my fight ticket and accommodation, see you guys in brazil.......lop

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Tonylyte(m): 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hahahahaha ghana vs egypt. E don be for ghana be dat nah! If i were ghana-except they would pay the gallant super-eagles to help them win their matches(home n away) i wouldn't waste ma resources in playing dat match. Ghana ko! Banner ni?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Krasid(m): 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
Nigeria should not be over-confident.Shockers happen in football.The Ethiopians should not be under-rated.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by goldfish80(m): 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
dayotheone: the play -off is fear enough , but i would have prefer cameroon or egypt
My brother,I tell you.The playoff is a very fearing something.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by adejonny: 2:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
zynzyn:

In the first place, you can't take ethiopia for granted. They are steadily improving.

A bad result as a result of carelessness in the first match of the tie is enough to cook us.

Secondly, I hope CAF is listening, Egypt Vs Ghana?? angry sad undecided cry

This kind of tie is not good for African Football, which is still looking for respect!

The strongest Nations in African Football, (not flukes) should go to the world cup, so that Africa can be well represented!!

Not CAFs fault. Egypt was not in the top 5 in Fifa ranking so was not ceeded.

I do not agree with a direct knockout system to produce African Qualifiers for WC.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by omajali2003(m): 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2013
;DGhana must go - Not to Brazil, but to Kumasi. I would like to see how those our noisy neigbours will handle the Egyptians.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by franxalive(m): 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2013
hmmmm...wow...wel d deed is done, bt i ws kind of xpecting a more meaninful oposition to our world cup quest....as wit our current form, dere ar no longer a match on d continent to our blazzing EAGLES...hmmm...hw i wish we were drawn wit SPAIN...haha...it would hv bin a suiting qualifier play off 4 our team. #winkz#
up naija...up eagles...meet u @RIO DEJENAIRO 'cos i don port already!!!
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by jude33084(m): 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
Okija_juju: Praise The Lord............. grin

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by jude33084(m): 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
omajali2003: grin Ghana must go - Not to Brazil, but to Kumasi. I would like to see how those our noisy neigbours will handle the Egyptians.

You think Ethiopians are push or work over

Go and re-watch our last game with them in afcon undecided
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Emmysteve(m): 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
Gifted4all: Up ethiopa we are beating dis super eagles both home and away.addis ababa my mother land and not narialand Go ethiopa go bring back the cup #TEAM ETHIOPA#
What is this one saying
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Gwekzy: 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
Is not like am under rating Ethiopia But let's be happy mhen its way beta..U can ask The Ghanians

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by nickz(m): 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
femi4: Egypt vs Ghana, What a dream match!!!
this surely is the END,I believe the pairings were not made in TIME'if not Ghanians would have fasted more to get a better MATCH.....my money is on Egypt,they've missed out on big competions.....my first time grin wink

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
jude33084:

You think Ethiopians are push or work over

Go and re-watch our last game with them in afcon undecided
no be 2+0 dem chop?
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Tonylyte(m): 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hahahaha! A ghanaian friend on fb is red, infact, his face is so hot, enough to light up cigarrette. It's nt the end of the wrld sha. U've got 2018.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Ogidan71: 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
So api 4 Nigeria
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Pergrace: 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
Okija_juju: Praise The Lord............. grin

Halleluyah..Bros it's like you don become born again? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
lucenzo:

hmmmmmm na wa ooo
yhaaaa! tongue
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by DrKlever(m): 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ghana will definitely beat that overhyped Egypt. Its only Nigeria they can flex muscles with. My predictions: CIV. Nigeria. Ghana. Algeria. Cameroon. Will all go through.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by donem: 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
adejonny: •Ivory Coast v Senegal
•Ethiopia v Nigeria
•Tunisia v Cameroon
•Ghana v Egypt
•Burkina Faso v Algeria

Wahala for Ghana. I would have love them to be in the World Cup but beating Egypt will be a big challenge.

Ivory Coast should be through except Senegal re-enact their 1998 performance in France
Cameron will go through (referee will want to please oga at the top of CAF)
Burkina Faso will be in their first world cup
Nigeria got the easy one (it will be tough in the first leg in Ethiopia) but should break the deadlock towards the end of the second half. Easy rid in Calabar for the return leg.

Nigeria and Ivory coast will reach the Quarter finals in Brazil.

Nice writeup, but dont think the Return leg would be played in Calabar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare / West Ham In Nigeria For Talent Hunt, Discussions With NFF, FC Ifeanyi Ubah / Brazil Vs Netherlands 3rd Place Match In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.