Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off (20359 Views)

Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 / Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by GHKWAME(m): 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2013
Why are Nigerians always supporting Teams against Ghana?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
pazienza: CAF needs deliverance, Ghana and Egypt have no business playing against each other at this stage,they should be in Brazil doing Africa proud, if we don't send our best teams to world cup, then it's only a matter of time before our five qualification slots become reduced.

I predict Nigeria,Ghana,Tunisia,Ivory coast and Burkina faso to go through. Still a strong contigent,but we could have gotten a better one if only Cameroon was paired with Egypt and Tunisia with Ghana, that way, we would have been able to replace a weak Tunisia with a stronger and better Egypt.

d draw was done in the open, do u want calf to rig it?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by naptu2: 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
GH KWAME: Why are Nigerians always supporting Teams against Ghana?

You need to be specific, which nigerians? I'm supporting Ghana against Egypt.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
ask google

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by achimotan(m): 5:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
ichidodo: Bros no be fear, i swear! "Next time" make CAF draw us with Egypt * touches the ground with index finger,licks the finger and raises it to the sky* we shall deal with them mercilessly, Allah.

cool cool Ok we go exchange. You would play Egypt whiles i play Ethiopia
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by haibe(m): 5:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ethiopia has neva won Nigeria......and Nigeria has
never lost in calabar......... #food for thought#
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by gradeA(m): 5:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
chriskwaku:

It is going to be the epic battles in Kumasi and Cairo.But my black stars would be victorious

I hope you guys qualify, but u guys must surely up your game from what we saw at the nations cup. would really love to see the 'brazil of africa' in Brazil. cool

i wonder why am wishing u guys well when una too dey bad belle us

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by dad007(m): 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
chriskwaku:

It is going to be the epic battles in Kumasi and Cairo.But my black stars would be victorious
i just want them to be in the world cup(black stars)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by gradeA(m): 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
naptu2:

same here.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ethopia vs Nigeria
Nice draw for 9aija.......
Ghana has a very big mountain (Egypt) to climb.
Ethopia Can't stop us.... because the super eagles have already book their tickets to BRAZIL 2014 WORLD CUP.....
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by walexlugas08(m): 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
Why can't we wait for at least 180/185 mins before passing any judgement or predicting who carry the day? Why do we always make a bad presumption? Why're we looking them(Ethiopia) as a team that 'lack the ghost of a chance',why can't we stop underating them and concentrate on how to show and beat them at least or draw at Addis Ababa there, for easy qualification? instead of bluffing on this blog thread. May god scale us through because no minnors football country in africa nowadays!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by GHKWAME(m): 5:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
naptu2:

Its an 0pen secret judging fr0m the c0mments 0n nairaland. The enemy 0f my enemy is beign exhibited. I fear Ghanaians will reciprocate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by achimotan(m): 5:18pm On Sep 16, 2013

i guess it is a few and related to matches in africa. but those who support other teams, its like the opponent of my rival is my friend.its not perculiar though

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by onila(f): 5:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
am supporting Ghana all day

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by dad007(m): 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
i tireoooo
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by GHKWAME(m): 5:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
gradeA:

I hope you guys qualify, but u guys must surely up your game from what we saw at the nations cup. would really love to see the 'brazil of africa' in Brazil. cool

i wonder why am wishing u guys well when una too dey bad belle us

Nomski0:
Thats not true. Dont let the few here on Nl deceive you....theyGhana actually back us up in football matches....we have a love-hate relationship....more of love actually but we all try to mask it with the hate. I hope they shock the egyptians.

Y0u don't believe its from a Nigerian? Pleassssse »»»

read more
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by naptu2: 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
GH KWAME:
Its an 0pen secret judging fr0m the c0mments 0n nairaland. The enemy 0f my enemy is beign exhibited. I fear Ghanaians will reciprocate.

1) Nairalanders make up what % of Nigeria's population?

2) You are judging based on the views of a few vocal people. Most of those are just catching fun (trying to wind people up), etc, but how do you know the number of Nigerians that will support Ghana against Egypt? You wouldn't have who I'll support if you hadn't made that comment.

3) It also works the other way. Some vocal ghanaians support any team that the Super Eagles are playing against and would do anything to mock the Eagles. Does that mean that Ghanaians in general behave like that?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
Well...
I think its because Ghana must go..

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by GHKWAME(m): 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
9jadelta: ask google

Mr 9jadelta m0niker, I g00gled niger delta and what come up 0n the search filter were Kidnappings, 0il theft, 0il spillage etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by stonemind(f): 5:44pm On Sep 16, 2013
nadia_SA:
Well...
lolz this gal get bad mouth....
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2013
sapientia1: Abuja. Its nw renovated by berger n its ready. And next time, try to be more polite in replying people
Abuja will be a good choice due to it's 60,000 capacity seating. The Ethiopians would be intimidated when playing in such a venue.

Anyway, the draw is a good one for the Super Eagles; but that doesn't mean the Eagles should be complacent. I still remember how Angola defeated Nigeria in Luanda, and got a draw in the return leg in Kano. The best tactic would be to play an attacking game in Addis Ababa, which at worst, will result in a scored draw. Then in the 2nd leg, the eagles could play on the counter attack.
For me, a 0-0 draw in the 1st leg may be dangerous because the Walya Sntelopes, like Kenya, could score an away goal in Nigeria and park the bus for the rest of the match; making it difficult for the eagles to equalize. And unlike the Kenya game in Calabar, the Eagles would now need to score twice which would be difficult against a team that may likely bunker in when leading.

Having said all that, I tip the Eagles to qualify for the World cup. As for the Ghana v Egypt tie, Egypt to qualify for their first WC since 1990. The other qualifiers would be Cameroon, Cote D' Ivoire and.. Algeria.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by naptu2: 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2013
An example.

Kingmojo:

I only support Nigeria when they play against teams outside Africa, except north adrican teams, apart from that I hate super eagles to the fullest. They are Ghana's biggest rival. I love Nigeria as a country and nigerians as people they are closest country to Ghana.

https://www.nairaland.com/1150216/official-black-stars-ghana-thread/55
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by BabaAlabi: 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2013
It's not arrogance...we are just better than you when it comes to football.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by GHKWAME(m): 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2013
nadia_SA:
Well...

Okeleji Oluwashina's Tw33ts
@oluwashina::: As for South Africa, they love to 'spend money in large sum'. Dear Fifa, kindly allow them to stage the next World Cup in Africa, please.

@T_Boi_SA 6h::: Lame, foolish naija boi

@oluwashina::: it was a
harmless joke, stop bringing your
frustrations up here

Y0u don't believe me? Pleasssse »»»
read more
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by GHKWAME(m): 6:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
naptu2:

1) Nairalanders make up what % of Nigeria's population?

2) You are judging based on the views of a few vocal people. Most of those are just catching fun (trying to wind people up), etc, but how do you know the number of Nigerians that will support Ghana against Egypt? You wouldn't have who I'll support if you hadn't made that comment.

3) It also works the other way. Some vocal ghanaians support any team that the Super Eagles are playing against and would do anything to mock the Eagles. Does that mean that Ghanaians in general behave like that?
I must admit, prior to coming to Nairaland, I used to support Nigeria especially in competitions where Ghana was absent. Comments from Nigerians 0n social media made me to supp0rt Malawi, but this c0vert supp0rt must st0p.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by fujirice: 6:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
homesteady: Nigeria will travel to Brazil via Ethiopian airlines! gringrin LOL
lmao! You don finish work o! And na dia advert dey play for radio now sef......lol!
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Brite02(m): 6:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
Even with the ethiopians it's still going to be a bumpy ride, it is not going to be that cheap........but in the end we might scale through.....the ethiopians too are hungry of the same ticket.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Mannylex(m): 6:47pm On Sep 16, 2013
jjagz: For those of us who play FIFA , you'll probably know this
""Yes, Yes, Oh my word Yes, They've made the breakthrough Nigeria is through to thw world cup

You like game die... Lol

Congrats African champions. Brazil here we come.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Abdiny(m): 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
[quote author=XFive]Ghana Versus Egypt Ghana already won this match
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
GH KWAME:

Okeleji Oluwashina's Tw33ts
@oluwashina::: As for South Africa, they love to 'spend money in large sum'. Dear Fifa, kindly allow them to stage the next World Cup in Africa, please.

@T_Boi_SA 6h::: Lame, foolish naija boi

@oluwashina::: it was a
harmless joke, stop bringing your
frustrations up here

Y0u don't believe me? Pleasssse »»»
read more
wetin concern me
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by Reference(m): 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2013
My only concern is now that Julius Berger has handed over the National Stadium pitch the Eagles may be forced to play the home leg 'away' in Abuja and that's a big issue.
Re: Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off by caprini: 6:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
Seriously team Nigeria,Ghana,CIV,Egypt and Algeria are not supposed to play any stupid play offs.They are the best in Africa . embarassed Ghana Vs Egypt is like Spain Vs Germany going thru a play off to qualify for Brazil 2014....so sad embarassed embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dortmund Vs Monaco Match Canceled After Bomb Blasts Near Dortmund Team Bus / Opinion: Mikel, A Key To Success Or Failure Of Super Eagles In 2018 World Cup / NFF Appoints Randy Waldrum As Super Falcons’ New Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.