Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,182 members, 7,811,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Short Story Competition - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story Competition (41583 Views)

Short Story Competition - <<Nuges11 wins!!!!>> / Commonwealth Short Story Competition / 2008-9 Commonwealth Short Story Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

O yes.... You wan beat me?

Sorry, we are supposed to be judges. I withdraw my previous statement.

**Whispers to self** Why women ogas sabi do any how na

**Speaks loud** I'm sorry madam, make we allow this one slide, I no go repeat the same words next time grin

Oya, help put Foxy, with any of the follow come for my name.

Thank you in anticipation grin
why are you showing your 3, 6
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 8:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
chistar01: *clears throat* I see you wink

Purge your mind bros. It was the title of her unfinished work at this section.

OMA4U: I'm just seeing this now. Hope I can still participate? If yes, this will serve as a platform for my writing. Thanks.

You're welcome to participate. Looking forward to reading your work.

HumbledbYGrace: why are you showing your 3, 6

cheesy
Re: Short Story Competition by An0nimus: 8:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Psquare a tla e baka bathong!
I hope google translate can come up with a translation for the above grin
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
An0nimus:
I hope google translate can come up with a translation for the above grin

good luck with the translation....tongue
Re: Short Story Competition by Numerouuuno: 8:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
All this people that are applying are scaring M̶̲̥̅Ƹ ,mehn. sad
*does sign of the cross and exits thread*
Re: Short Story Competition by OMA4U(m): 9:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
You're welcome to participate. Looking forward to reading your work.

[/quote]
Thanks. I promise come up with something creative.
Re: Short Story Competition by AbuMikey(m): 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
Nobody even notice say I apply??

Ok oo sad
Re: Short Story Competition by Nuges11(m): 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Your izi work seemed complete until you yielded to your fans pleas and decided to continue, it still passes as unfinished so I will include your name.

Moral of the story; always listen to your fans grin
Re: Short Story Competition by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mr Mazi, pls tell me if i'm qualified, so i cn knw when to start inking my pen

Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 6:11am On Sep 20, 2013
Amyjustin: Mr Mazi, pls tell me if i'm qualified, so i cn knw when to start inking my pen

Abu Mikey: Nobody even notice say I apply??

Ok oo sad

Your names were added to the list immediately you indicated interest. Check the list at the first page, its updated periodically. Now, get to work!
Re: Short Story Competition by VivyGift(f): 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
@foxy..., easy does it man. Just cool down dem go add u nd no bi by force self. If dem con give u nah will u appreciate it or will they appreciate U? With all d noise wey u don make for here u no tire. U no suppose to sweat nah. Just chill u here.

@mazi..., u are doing a good job!(yes)

2 Likes

Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 12:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
Vivy Gift: @foxy..., easy does it man. Just cool down dem go add u nd no bi by force self. If dem con give u nah will u appreciate it or will they appreciate U? With all d noise wey u don make for here u no tire. U no suppose to sweat nah. Just chill u here.

@mazi..., u are doing a good job!(yes)

Them send you come make you come enter me? How e take concern you how I carry raise the roof? You no get eyes or brain to see say I no mean everything wey I dey type?

Jeez... For your mind now you don speak sense because some mu'mu people push LIKE button abi. Lol. No start with me o.

Sorry, I apologize for the above statement. I don't fight or quarrel with this handle. If you push me farther, I will be back for you. I just wan face my front and judge people wey need judging. Moreover, my name is already there.

Kapish angry

2 Likes

Re: Short Story Competition by saiddigge(m): 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Oh, dear; your date of registration into NL gave you an instant disqualification. Sorry about that. Maybe next season of the competition, you can join up.

If you're gonna remove someone based on his date of registration, you should have at least be half-thorough about it. Does the twitter handle and the website on my profile look like one a dedicated regular would go such lengths to create because of recharge card? I don vex sef, a no do again
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
saiddigge:

If you're gonna remove someone based on his date of registration, you should have at least be half-thorough about it. Does the twitter handle and the website on my profile look like one a dedicated regular would go such lengths to create because of recharge card? I don vex sef, a no do again

Who cares? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Short Story Competition by repogirl(f): 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Who cares? undecided

cheesy
Re: Short Story Competition by Rapmaestro(m): 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Who cares? undecided
wicked shocked
Re: Short Story Competition by Dygeasy(m): 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2013
Who Are The Judges?
Re: Short Story Competition by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
I would like to participate. This should be fun. I hope I qualify. Lemme go read the rules again. grin
Re: Short Story Competition by VivyGift(f): 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Them send you come make you come enter me? How e take concern you how I carry raise the roof? You no get eyes or brain to see say I no mean everything wey I dey type?

Jeez... For your mind now you don speak sense because some mu'mu people push LIKE button abi. Lol. No start with me o.

Sorry, I apologize for the above statement. I don't fight or quarrel with this handle. If you push me farther, I will be back for you. I just wan face my front and judge people wey need judging. Moreover, my name is already there.

Kapish angry

Lol. U don use style happy say u manage get 2lyks abi. Nd d one wey go make u happy d more bi say dem don pity u make u one of d judges.

Anyway, I no quarrel or fight with u o just wan tell u say make u cool down. Nothing do u jor. Make sure u do a good job. Enjoy! smiley smiley
Re: Short Story Competition by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 21, 2013
three little pigs
Re: Short Story Competition by Madawaki01(m): 6:46am On Sep 22, 2013
runzlord: three little pigs
who opened d cage again?
Re: Short Story Competition by felipemadero(m): 6:58am On Sep 22, 2013
felipemadero ...
Cnt jst wait 2 read people's stories.
Re: Short Story Competition by princesa(f): 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nairaland...a bag of goodies...

Watching from my goggle shades cool
Re: Short Story Competition by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
princesa: Nairaland...a bag of goodies...

Watching from my goggle shades cool
cheesy cheesy cheesy watching in 3D mode cheesy...... wink
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 9:12am On Sep 23, 2013
Hope the contestants are putting their stories together. Before the end of this week, we'll start receiving submissions; so, dot your i's and cross your t's.

Submission starts Friday, 27th September 2013 and ends Tuesday, 1st October by 12.00 Pm (GMT)
We've moved the deadline a day, due to the independence day holiday. This will allow the judges time to read and scrutinize before making nominations.

A new thread will be opened for submission. The judges will make their nominations on that thread and the final round will still take place on same thread.

Goodluck everyone.
Re: Short Story Competition by francafrank(f): 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2013
good luck everyone we are waiting patiently to start reading.

Suggestion:

wouldn't it be nice if readers nominate and vote for best submissions?
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 4:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
francafrank: good luck everyone we are waiting patiently to start reading.

Suggestion:

wouldn't it be nice if readers nominate and vote for best submissions?

No ma'am.

It is reserved for the judges
Re: Short Story Competition by princesa(f): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
Emzybrown:
cheesy cheesy cheesy watching in 3D mode cheesy...... wink
yes oh, and on Friday, my critic shades would be on...

this chick is gonna nominate best short story, so writers, just so you know, am hard to impress. cool
Re: Short Story Competition by repogirl(f): 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
princesa:
yes oh, and on Friday, my critic shades would be on...

this chick is gonna nominate best short story, so writers, just so you know, am hard to impress. cool

Lol, see pressure o, but true talk. So am I, *rubs charcoal under left eye* angry, writers, this is all out war and I'm taking no prisoners, so bring your A game or get crushed. You've got to earn those recharge cards, lol.
Re: Short Story Competition by kayemjay(m): 4:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
Me, I'm gonna be voting for babes. So all progesterones, forget my vote.

Plus, if you have correct selling point as a babe, infact you have my vote. But, I'll have to sample your ekwe first.

Hehehehe. Bite me.
Re: Short Story Competition by repogirl(f): 5:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
I think u meant testosterone cos progesterone is a female hormone. smiley

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
kayemjay: Me, I'm gonna be voting for babes. So all progesterones, forget my vote.

Plus, if you have correct selling point as a babe, infact you have my vote. But, I'll have to sample your ekwe first.

Hehehehe. Bite me.

How you carry know wetin dey my mind angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

The Madam At The Top / The Preacher's Son III: Diary Of A Player / Sophia Amaka's Story: Accidental Baby Mama(a Fan Fiction)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.