Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,999 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

What The Bible Says About Homosexuality - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Says About Homosexuality (1915 Views)

self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / What The Bible Says About Homosexuality / Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 18, 2013
aManFromMars:

So who's to blame for homosexuality? God or the homos?

And tell me more, ur celibate and u don't masturbate? smiley

God is not to be blamed... neither are we suppose to blame the homos... but in Christianity, we are not suppose to put blame on this or that... we are supposed to look for solutions and pray for true light to lead us.

I can see this is the second time you will be asking me about this celibacy thingy...

If you will like to know, YES I am celibate for the time being and that answers ur next question.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 18, 2013
Gombs:

Na wa for you o...you said God hate sinners, I just showed you he doesn't...now you bringing up another totally different thing

No you didn't. You just brought up random verses that were meaningless. None of those verses show that God loves sinners. The verses I posted earlier show clearly that God hates sinners and abhors their evil ways.

PS: to do something for someone is not to love them. God's love shines on those who do his will and obey his words.... like I said earlier, Christians should stop lying on God's behalf.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Gombs(m): 9:24am On Sep 18, 2013
aManFromMars:

So who's to blame for homosexuality? God or the homos?

Who do you blame for lying, God or the Liar?
Who do you blame for stealing, God or the Thief?
Who do you blame for killing, God or the killer?
Who do you blame for envy, God or the envious?
Who do you blame for cheating, God or the Cheat?
Who do you blame for idolatry, God or the idolatrous?

Dude, you got no point.

Come to think of it, you don't believe in God, lemme ask you, same you asked

"So who's to blame for homosexuality? God big bang/evolution/monkeys or the homos? "

grin

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 18, 2013
Gombs:

Dude, you got no point.

Oh, I do...

And I'm happy you're as reluctant as your partner up there to set issues straight. Anyways, I can safely conclude that you blame the one who commits the act and not God.

By this, I can infer that you believe homosexuality to be a conscious decision.

My question is: can you be gay? For a day only? For a month?
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 18, 2013
Gombs:

Dude, you got no point.

Oga Ade,

True Christianity is based on love and in love, we have to look for correction not to blame. This is a sinful world... blame started this sinful world going back to Adam blaming eve... blaming serpent... blaming God. So blaming put someone in a Kadesh Barnea situation... going around circles...

The best to move forward is to solve the problem
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 18, 2013
aManFromMars:

No you didn't. You just brought up random verses that were meaningless. None of those verses show that God loves sinners. The verses I posted earlier show clearly that God hates sinners and abhors their evil ways.

PS: to do something for someone is not to love them. God's love shines on those who do his will and obey his words.... like I said earlier, Christians should stop lying on God's behalf.
Do you believe Jesus is your Lord and Saviour? Did you read his accounts in the gospels wining and dinning with sinners?
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 18, 2013
Bidam: Do you believe Jesus is your Lord and Saviour? Did you read his accounts in the gospels wining and dinning with sinners?

undecided undecided
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Gombs(m): 9:34am On Sep 18, 2013
aManFromMars:

Oh, I do...

And I'm happy you're as reluctant as your partner up there to set issues straight. Anyways, I can safely conclude that you blame the one who commits the act and not God.

By this, I can infer that you believe homosexuality to be a conscious decision.

My question is: can you be gay? For a day only? For a month?

Answer this first, since you CLAIM to not believe God exist and lives...

" who's to blame for homosexuality? God big bang/evolution/monkeys or the homos? "
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Gombs(m): 9:38am On Sep 18, 2013
aManFromMars:

PS: to do something for someone is not to love them. God's love shines on those who do his will and obey his words .... like I said earlier, Christians should stop lying on God's behalf.

You actually know God does exist and lives...you just wanna argue..I'm done here...BTW God's love shine on all, saved n unsaved John 3v16
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 18, 2013
Gombs:

You actually know God does exist and lives...you just wanna argue..I'm done here...BTW God's love shine on all, saved n unsaved John 3v16

Go and stop spreading your fallacies, Liars, god loves sinners.. Lol
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Gombs(m): 9:46am On Sep 18, 2013
aManFromMars:

I see you can't answer the below question..I know that feeling bro grin I know that feeling....grin grin

Answer this first, since you CLAIM to not believe God exist and lives...
" who's to blame for homosexuality? God big bang theory/
evolution/monkeys or the homos? "
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 18, 2013

"Let me marry you first, if you want me to accept homosexuality in my country.” Robert Mugabe to Barak Obama.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Bella3(f): 11:04am On Sep 18, 2013
ledafaze:

The answer to your question is NO. Giving gay right is accepting their homosexuality. Let me give you a stance...

Oh, so in other words, we should enforce our beliefs on them?

NB: I didnt bother reading that epistle.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 18, 2013
Bélla3: Oh, so in other words, we should enforce our beliefs on them?

NB: I didnt bother reading that epistle.

Better read that epistle cos that answers you perfectly.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Bella3(f): 11:23am On Sep 18, 2013
ledafaze:

Better read that epistle cos that answers you perfectly.
pls answer my question with YES or NO.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 18, 2013
Bélla3: pls answer my question with YES or NO.

That question has already been answered... Scroll up.

Just as I said earlier... You don't want to read the epistle thereby not receiving the message and not getting the truth... I implore you go through it.

Again, we don't need to shove it up their throat. We MAKE them accept the belief.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Mintayo(m): 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
aManFromMars:

lol...i think your moniker muskeeto is better than this your new moniker...smiley
God hates SIN but He loves the SINNER,one reason why Jesus came.
Remove the sin from the sinner and you have a saved soul,a new being!
Just like you have a cherished bowl with spoilt food,will you throw away the bowl because of the spoilt food? No,instead you will remove the spoilt food and wash the bowl...that is what Jesus came to do!

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2013
Mintayo:
lol...i think your moniker muskeeto is better than this your new moniker...smiley
God hates SIN but He loves the SINNER,one reason why Jesus came.
Remove the sin from the sinner and you have a saved soul,a new being!
Just like you have a cherished bowl with spoilt food,will you throw away the bowl because of the spoilt food? No,instead you will remove the spoilt food and wash the bowl...that is what Jesus came to do!

YOUR BIBLE DOESN'T AGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT. THE STATEMENT ISN'T BIBLICAL.

I have already show you verses that say God hates the sinner and the sin. You're going to ignore that and force in your own interpretation.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Gombs(m): 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
^^
grin
I see you running from my questions (notice it's in plural)

*unfollows thread
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Bella3(f): 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
ledafaze:

That question has already been answered... Scroll up.

Just as I said earlier... You don't want to read the epistle thereby not receiving the message and not getting the truth... I implore you go through it.

Again, we don't need to shove it up their throat. We MAKE them accept the belief.
By refusing to to answer the question, you suggest you feel it is wrong to impose your beliefs on others at thesame time you dont want to offend God.

I understand. Keep lying to yourself.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
Bélla3: By refusing to to answer the question, you suggest you feel it is wrong to impose your beliefs on others at thesame time you dont want to offend God.

That's all they do... Imagine lying about God loving sinners when the Bible says otherwise...

SMh.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
Bélla3: By refusing to to answer the question, you suggest you feel it is wrong to impose your beliefs on others at thesame time you dont want to offend God.

Bélla3,

It is wrong to impose our feelings on others... but its not about offending God. God himself does not advice us to impose our ideas on others mind you. So God is not offended.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by texanomaly(f): 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
aManFromMars:

That's all they do... Imagine lying about God loving sinners when the Bible says otherwise...

SMh.
Skeeter Skeeter Skeeter...

SMH
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
texanomaly:
Skeeter Skeeter Skeeter...

SMH

kiss hw r u?
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by texanomaly(f): 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
aManFromMars:

kiss hw r u?

I'm great! About to get students to lunch. Back later. smiley
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Bella3(f): 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
ledafaze:

Bélla3,

It is wrong to impose our feelings on others... but its not about offending God. God himself does not advice us to impose our ideas on others mind you. So God is not offended.
In other words, do you or do you not support gay rights?
PS : we are talking of not imposing your beliefs on others here.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Judas2013: 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
Firstly the bible is not being used anymore by the contries who brought christianity to Africa. Circular countries like the United Kingdom have moved forward from the age of using the Bible to determine their rules and regulations to the age of reason,maturity and humanity. The bible is full of in acurate accounts and myth which does not blend with out morden society.

Using the Bible against Homosexuals is rubbish and can only be done by illiterates.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Mintayo(m): 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
aManFromMars:

YOUR BIBLE DOESN'T AGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT. THE STATEMENT ISN'T BIBLICAL.

I have already show you verses that say God hates the sinner and the sin. You're going to ignore that and force in your own interpretation.

lolz,i can see why gombs ignored you...
Funny you are quoting the Bible you don't believe in.
Let me ask, what did Jesus came to do?
Why wld He dine and wine with sinners and scums if He hates them!
Can you do that with someone you hate?
Like i said,muskeeto is better than dis your new moniker!cheesy

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
Lol, we all know who the dishonest ones are.

Psa 5:4-6
For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

Psalm 5:5,
The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes; Thou dost hate all who do iniquity.

Psalm 11:5
The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates.

Lev. 20:23
Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them.

Prov. 6:16-19
There are six things which the Lord hates , yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."

Hosea 9:15
All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Localamos(m): 8:58am On Sep 19, 2013
aManFromMars:

...I can safely conclude that you blame the one who commits the act and not God.

By this, I can infer that you believe homosexuality to be a conscious decision...

Interesting...
If I get your arguement, God wired some people to be homosexual. An extension of that is 'you can't blame someone for being what he was wired to be'
So the ped.ophile who doesn't understand why he goes after 5 year-olds, should blame a god for his nature?
Or the dullard should blame god for his reta.rded brain?
Then I should find this god to blame for my insatiable appetite for women. 'God' help me I don't die in my natural state before I can pass the blame on him.
So we should continue to live in our basal state of nature While passing the blame on a god?
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 19, 2013
Localamos:

Interesting...
If I get your arguement, God wired some people to be homosexual. An extension of that is 'you can't blame someone for being what he was wired to be'
So the ped.ophile who doesn't understand why he goes after 5 year-olds, should blame a god for his nature?
Or the dullard should blame god for his reta.rded brain?
Then I should find this god to blame for my insatiable appetite for women. 'God' help me I don't die in my natural state before I can pass the blame on him.
So we should continue to live in our basal state of nature While passing the blame on a god?

What are you? An atheist?
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 19, 2013
Gombs:

Dude, you got no point.

Come to think of it, you don't believe in God, lemme ask you, same you asked

"So who's to blame for homosexuality? God big bang/evolution/monkeys or the homos? "

grin

cheesy cheesy i guess the blame is on the monkey and homos..LOL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Encountered Jesus Christ In The Koran: Muslim Cleric Converts To christian / Do Catholics Contravene The 2nd Commandment Of Idolatry In Exodus 20:4 / ‪#‎SHOCKING‬: 7-yr-old Girl Reveals That Adeboye,tb Joshua, Oyedepo,oritsejafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.