Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. (39202 Views)

Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / What Are The Spiritual Effects Of Premarital Sex? / Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Ninapha(f): 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
ogugua88:

How is that sane? So nonvirgins or those who've engaged in premarital sex should never be married?
pls dont crucify the pastor. He is only doing the will of God. Marriage is honourable, bed undefiled. But thank God for His mercies, no Godly pastor wd close eyes to premarital sex, he sure wd wed them after counselln and allowing them understand the grace of God on them. Besides, the couple-to-be must hv known the standard of the church,why go against it? God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by HUGES: 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2013
made2fit: He that is without sin should cast the first stone. The best he could have done was suspend them after the wedding for some weeks even that can be considered extreme in some quarters. The pastor is playing God of the Old covenant IMO. Tell your friend to find another church Jare or do a fine registry or trad. Wedding.Gosh! What manner of self-righteous pastor!
LOL u are rit abt 'he who's widout sin casting d 1st stone'. But then if u discover how one of our most respectd church elders, apostle paul, instructed d church to act in certain cases, u might not even want to associate with d church at all. 4 instance, there are certain behaviours if discoverd in a xtian broda, we are askd not to associate with such a person and dat wen such comes to church, they shld relegate their selves to d very back pew so dt their presenc is not even noticed. Mayb if it wer to b u, u might say 'demn, to hell wid yo'all church folks, my life is mine, etc'. Bt a truely sanctified christian doesnt see it dat way. because we undastnd dt we are 'soldiers' of Christ who hav vowd to follow Him like sheeps 4ever, and dat because of our human fleshly weaknesses, we (not God now) hav to set standards 4 ourselves as a community to help us keep flesh in check, as in, it is beta 4 d body to suffer humilation but finally mak heaven. MIND U, a true xtian sees it dt he is being correctd in love, not hate or spite. And any xtian who sees anoda brodas disciple like 'yes, he shld b punishd, he is a dirty sinner, bla bla bla', is still a baby xtian and still has a lot of spiritual growing up to do

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Destinymmi: 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ve seen it b4, d Pastor cancelled d wedding d same day, d couple sharpenly changed d venue of d wedding 2 another church but after d wedding d couple went 4 suspension at d previous church

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
The only problem I have is with people that believe that one sin is greater than the other.

Looking at it from the pastor's perspective, it is cool if the groom or bride have lied before, or duped someone, or stolen, or cheated someone or even killed someone. But the moment it comes to premarital sex means that God won't forgive that one right?..

Y'all should think deep, there is a reason why the message of grace is being preached, to give people a shot at redemption.

I repeat, if one of you has either lied, or stolen before, or committed any other sin in the bible, you are as guilty as someone that has once had premarital sex. So if you believe that God will forgive those ones, why will it be difficult for God to forgive this.

Some of your pastors that you worship give testimonies of being cultists, fraudsters even before being saved. In the course of this they would have raped innocent people.

If as grievous as that seems, they were still forgiven and still stand in front of the pulpit to preach to you guys, why would it be difficult to ask the couples to do same then go ahead with the wedding?

I repeat, on whose authority was it written that one sin is greater than the other?..
On whose authority was it written that there are sins that God in his awesome grace cannot forgive?

SMH for y'all judgemental people and hypocrites! Yes, that what you are.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by tchigofigo(m): 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
made2fit: He that is without sin should cast the first stone. The best he could have done was suspend them after the wedding for some weeks even that can be considered extreme in some quarters. The pastor is playing God of the Old covenant IMO. Tell your friend to find another church Jare or do a fine registry or trad. Wedding.Gosh! What manner of self-righteous pastor!
...'playing God of the Old covenant?'..,realy??Sound Comment.,but, did God CHANGE? as in.,to 'God of the NEW covenant??
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
jarsofclay: just like kenny said, any two partners courting ought to go 4 intensive premarital counselling. There, you would be told what and what not to do. No matter how anybody sees it, any marriage based on premarital sex is a bad foundation.
The problem is that everyone wants to wear the gown and receive the spiritual blessing but they dont want to pay the price. The church has principles, the word of God has a standard. If you cannot abide by it. then stick with ur court and traditional marriage cos there, no one will ask if you had pre-marital sex or better still, go where such behaviour is condone.
A lot of people have thrown caution to the wind and have establish what they deem fit for themselves. Nobody is saying u have to be a virgin to be married but for crying out loud, no born again christian preparing for marriage should engage in premarital sex, where is self-discipline? it just shows that one is not grounded in the things of God and how are you going 2 handle ur marriage dat way.Odas should learn 4rm dem

Hypocrisy at its highest. You need to delete this write up immediately. You say no one expects "u to be a virgin" yet pre-marital sex is outlawed.? So it is okay to have sex and then when it is time for marriage, abstain? This is ridiculous.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ninapha: pls dont crucify the pastor. He is only doing the will of God. Marriage is honourable, bed undefiled. But thank God for His mercies, no Godly pastor wd close eyes to premarital sex, he sure wd wed them after counselln and allowing them understand the grace of God on them. Besides, the couple-to-be must hv known the standard of the church,why go against it? God help us all.

If God forgives a Murderer, he can forgive pre-martial sex. End of Discussion.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Sagamite(m): 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
andymofia: Dear all, I have a friend whose wedding was billed for Saturday, September 21, 2013, but his pastor on interviewing the bride, discovered that they have had premarital sex and cancelled the wedding. Now the young man is confused and do not know what to do. I just hope he doesn't do something nasty. what do you advise?

Get a lawyer.

Serve him with a lawsuit for the millions that would be lost if you have to cancel the event.

Then he would go to court and explain why if he knew this was a show-stopper, he did not and does not have the habit of asking the question well in advance or immediately he was notified the marriage would take place in his church. Why did he wait till a point of no return.

When he sees "gbese" (debt), im go forget all his moralistic rubbish and carry out the job asap even if he has to frown doing it.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by SELFWORTH: 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
tayoccu: Its so crazy what some so called pastors do, instead of leading them back to the right path ( by making them realize what they've done is wrong, and making them repent), the pastor decides to cancel the wedding?
SMH!!!
Like the "pastor" has never sinned before in his life.

You are a plastic Christian. Is the pastor the one on trial here?

They have sinned..The church made it's decision. Do they have to be married in a church? Is it by force to be married in church?
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by SELFWORTH: 6:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
MARK-REN:
My take on this is simple we are all hypocrites. How many of us here can swear that we have never engaged in pre or post marital sex

Let he/she who has not sinned speak.

It is because of rubbish like this that I stopped going to church........................

So called pastors and "Men of God" dictating morals to their congregation but do not deem it fit to be judged by those same standards in their personal lives or when they spend their congregations’ funds on opulence.

My question with all the so called churches & mosques all over the place why have things generally not improved in Nigeria??

Rubbish Posts...........

Don't tar everyone with the same disgusting brush as yourself.

Give your life to Christ before its too late.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Sagamite(m): 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
SELFWORTH:

You are a plastic Christian. Is the pastor the one on trial here?

They have sinned..The church made it's decision. Do they have to be married in a church? Is it by force to be married in church?

And who is the pastor to judge?

Abi that day na judgement day and the pastor was God?

He can only condemn and counsel, he is not to punish. That is not his job.

If he is so inclined to helping God punish them. When he gets to heaven, he should beg God to help him satisfy his sadistic urges and let him supervise the fire of "hell". grin
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by SELFWORTH: 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
ritux: if we are honest, let's take statistic of all the single persons that have commented on this thread.

I am ready to bet my life savings that 90% of us have indulged in fornication.

Plastic Christian with no shame.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by SELFWORTH: 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2013
Abel benker:

I wonder oooo!!! Help me ask dem,did the pastor marry as a virgin?

So. What's your point?

Because pastor commits suicide so members should also jump in and do the same.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by SELFWORTH: 6:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
Donmichaelz: See these Fool quotin scriptures,did dey tell u d girl was carrying baby jesus?stop using awkward examples to give illustations....If you sleep with a Girl b4 marriage its a Sin,I am still a virgin and proud of It,I guese you guys wount understand wat the bible ment by keeping the bed holy until marriage 95% of you have had SE.X every now and den,dats why when you see the truth you try to cover it..SMH

ITs like most of u slept wit d. W*hore. b4 u married her and dats why you are finding it hard to accept d truth...Marriage in church is ment for Virgins not W**hore(guys included nt just d ladies)
Whhore's don't want to admit d truth

Thank you. ....
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Brunel(m): 6:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
my issues with all this lopsided perspective is this, ppl hav CHOSEN to prioritize some sins over odas. please d same bibile dat says women shldn't wear wat blongs 2 a man (trouser??) also said we shldnt eat UN-SCALED FISH which many bishops consume summarily. every sin is equal. if dey r punished for supposedly engaging in pre-marital sex, dey shld also b punished for idol worship (of men of God).......
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
Is he GOD?
Are there no other churches?
Must it be inside a church?
They should get marry at the reception ground with a judge and a priest to bless the marriage and rings. SHIKENAH!
The paying of the dowry and blessing of their parents are the most important aspects in all this wedding paparazzi!
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by SELFWORTH: 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
IYA NGBALI: keep decieving yourself as if all the marriages done in churches were without pre marital sex. The guy should bone the so called church,do traditional and go to registry and continue to hammer his wife jare

.....to 'hammer' his madam, you are RIGHT, a righteous church is NOT the appropriate place. Anywhere should be sufficient including your home or the local gutter.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Sagamite(m): 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
Brunel: my issues with all this lopsided perspective is this, ppl hav CHOSEN to prioritize some sins over odas. please d same bibile dat says women shldn't wear wat blongs 2 a man (trouser??) also said we shldnt eat UN-SCALED FISH which many bishops consume summarily. every sin is equal. if dey r punished for supposedly engaging in pre-marital sex, dey shld also b punished for idol worship (of men of God).......

Oh, the Bible! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The book that was written by "God", not delusional, illiterate medieval men. grin
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by SELFWORTH: 6:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
ifefemi: HYPOCRITES!!!
We deceive ourselves so much, as if pre-marital sex is the ONLY sin. God forgive me, but we never can tell the kind of person the same Pastor is. I personally have had the most of bad experiences bordering on integrity from christians/church members (including Pastor).

Abeg make them go do their marriage in the court jare; God bless their union.

No one is stopping them from getting married but they should go somewhere else but please NOT ON THE ALTAR OF GOD. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE ARGUE WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF THE TOPIC?

PASTOR IS NOT THE ONE WHO IS TRYING TO GET MARRIED after having pre marital sex you silly sausage.!
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
They should charge the pastor to court for causing damages to the couples.

Why cant confirm this before giving permission for dating? I think he is looking for a way of making money and popularity by destroying people's life.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Donmichaelz(m): 7:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
smiley

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
@a-town
am not saying one should have sex before marriage. i mean that someone who might have been in the world before accepting christ. it's not everyone that accepted christ as a virgin, but once u accept HIM, that makes the difference. please dont misquote me.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Toluma(f): 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
Raymondenyi: Mek dem dey dia dey mumu demselves, what nonsense, is dat d only church on earth! C'mon dey should change d venue! N send bulk sms to as much persons as dey can!!! Informing dem of d change in venue!!! Nonsense We all keep lying to ourselves n being insanely unrealistic, how on earrth will anyone think premarital sex will stop? How? If the couple strt having sexual misunderstanding n challenges tomorrow will d pastor b dia 2 salvage them? Nonsense!!! How will U marry a man, u don't know whether he's sexual appetite is good enough for you, u won't know d size of his joystick!!! U won't know what ur lady like, n we all know, sex is a vital part of every marriage!!!! Pls we should be realistic n stop all these stupidity!!! They should look 4 another church!!! I could even hlp dem with d bulk sms!!! Stupid
.so u are in support of premarital sex ?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by k2039: 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
kimco:
Logic...?,is that what u call it? cos tym and tym again he has shown that he is a God of compromise. i wish his high standards come crushing on ur head everytym u sin, wouldn't u like dat? I even gave u examples of his compromise. Even he knows we are human and we'll err. he has gone easy on us for the fact that he can compromise. But sure, judge me for the hellish spawn that i am...i dnt mind.
Sounds like you are calling 'GRACE' compromise.

Romans 6:1; Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?.

The fact that God's a gracious is not licence to sin, it's even worse when you know it's a sin and you go on to commit it.

If the bible clearly states that fornication is a sin, then it's best to stay away from it, stop making excuses that the world will live in is full of sexual immoralities.

Are you implying that if someone dies as a fornicator, He will make heaven because God is a God of compromise (compromise according to you).

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by todayguest(m): 7:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
Acidosis:

Any Pastor that agree to join the man and the woman under 'this condition' is not a Pastor but a hungry tout who called himself into Ministry for personal gains..

The cancelled event can't be re-arranged/re-scheduled if both party seek the face of God.. (Repentance)

..also any Judge that wish to preside over the matter can as well join them in a customary court, not a Church..

Church nor be beer parlour, oga.

Well I really do not blame you.. The new generation Pastors have turned the bible up-side and down.. Nowadays, I wonder where they get their messages.. I keep wondering if they are still preaching the same word Paul, and all the Apostles died for...

May God save us all..
pls what did the bible say ? Jesus said " I came to call sinners into repentance" Pple who wre living in sin and realized that their union is wrong and want to do the right thing by been married and live in line with bibical teachings shouldn't be denied. Rather be encouraged. If you say to wed them is wrong,then,what is repentance allabout? He came "...Christ Jesus into the world to save sinners..." 1 Timothy 1:15. Luke 19:10, says "For the son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost." The bible lets us knw "...that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Rhymeyjohn: 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
a sinner is not a christian and a christian is not a sinnner. the fornicators who wanted to get married before for God and His people should have counted the cost before engenging in the sinful act (am assuming they both committed it). The pastor acted right in not condoning sin. Open rebuke is better then secret love.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by drnoel: 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
jarsofclay: @marley
this is not a case of `he that is without sin', it's simply a case of gross disobedient to the word of God and authority cos i'm certain this two people are very aware of the church protocol but just want to fulfil their desires.wud it hav been so difficult to wait?My church wud have just given them their blessing but not wed them.We don't practice religion, we just live the christ life.
Fine, so the pastor that wrote the churches protocol cancelled a wedding he didnt contribute shit to prepare for. Bullshit!!!!! I repeat bulllllssssshhhhiiiiit
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by affyong: 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
The pastor is the pastor of his church so he can do as he pleases. But befor we yarn I ve only one thing n I am quoting the master Jesus " he who is without sin , let him cast the first stone! N nobody should cuss me out!
The good Lord has given us free will if "testing" the goods is what good for U̶̲̥̅̊ all good n well n if U̶̲̥̅̊ re capable of not "eating " the forbidding fruits good for U̶̲̥̅̊ too! God will judge on judgement day!
But "remember remove the LOG in Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я eye bfor U̶̲̥̅̊ remove the speck in Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я neigbour's own" we are mortals so stop we shouldn't play God!
Next time pple will lie to the pastor .
My advice to the couple, Go else were n marry and may God give U̶̲̥̅̊ wisdom from above! It is n will be WELL
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by prettimoi(f): 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
In most churches that i know,intending couples complete their marriage classes before fixing date and card printing. In the course of their classes if such a thing is discovered, they are given time to ask God for forgiveness and repent of their sin after which the wedding holds. In this case, the couple is in a tight corner cos arrangements have been made, money spent etc. I wish them well sha.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Adeebiwa09(m): 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
Acidosis:

Any Pastor that agree to join the man and the woman under 'this condition' is not a Pastor but a hungry tout who called himself into Ministry for personal gains..

The cancelled event can't be re-arranged/re-scheduled if both party seek the face of God.. (Repentance)

..also any Judge that wish to preside over the matter can as well join them in a customary court, not a Church..

Church nor be beer parlour, oga.

Well I really do not blame you.. The new generation Pastors have turned the bible up-side and down.. Nowadays, I wonder where they get their messages.. I keep wondering if they are still preaching the same word Paul, and all the Apostles died for...

May God save us all..

Oga i agre wt wat u said bt i just v a single questn 4 u and al doz wu liked hs post: are doz pastors dat u prefer like Jesus see al e reacted 2 d situatn of d woman caught in adultry, are u nt putin urself in d judgemnt seat of Christ or wuld u rada dat dy shld nt marry again? Bros dy fear God dats y dy confesd, and repentence and restitutn s nt late. Dr r beta ways 2 go abt it dan cancel d weddin God 4bid na dat kind church pastor pikin go do worst. Mat 7:7
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by nora544: 7:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
prettimoi: In most churches that i know,intending couples complete their marriage classes before fixing date and card printing. In the course of their classes if such a thing is discovered, they are given time to ask God for forgiveness and repent of their sin after which the wedding holds. In this case, the couple is in a tight corner cos arrangements have been made, money spent etc. I wish them well sha.

I know a couple, both parents are pastors in the church, they married and the wife was pregnant and the best is not from her husband, the father of her a rich pastor buy her a new husband because her husband to be run away before the wedding because he see how is wife to be realy is, so her father has to look for a new husband for his daughter, and the new husband was forced by his mother to help out because she want to kill her, and that he should make it for her and for the church, it is RCCG and the love for her will come.

They had a big wedding in abuja, should i tell more.

That is why pastors always make it like they want it.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by cowtail: 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
fluid26:

I disagree. The pastor is wrong on this one. Does it mean the girl would never get married? Or perhaps, he expects them to go 'delete' the embryo and return for approval? Or he is hoping for a natural occurrence to 'reset' the anomaly...a miscarriage ? Blighted ovum? Pre-emclampsia? What exactly did he advise as solution to something he identified as a problem.

He claims to be serving Jesus, but he doesn't fully understand the circumstances surrounding the birth of his Christ. Mary was pregnant before marriage [the method of conception here is irrelevant]. She was rejected by society, yet she was eventually married to Joseph. Why? It was Joseph who had the final say, not the society, not the church leaders.

What if the said girl had told the pastor that her conception was immaculate (like Mary's)? What if it was through IVF or other proven non-sex-related method? Would the pastor react differently?

I hate pastors and their ridiculously low mental capacity. Even if he lacks knowledge, he should borrow some common sense from past events and save himself this embarrassment.
read the post again before commenting. The wedding was cancelled because of premarital sex and not pregnancy. The pastor's action is very right.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. / I Dont Know How To Make My Egbe Grant Me Supernatural Favors. / David Ibiyeomie: Two Plots Of Land Not Enough For Me, My Cars, Entourage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.