Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. (39219 Views)

Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / What Are The Spiritual Effects Of Premarital Sex? / Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by k2039: 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
kimco: This is my take on premarital sex. In the days of old, people married early, so having premarital sex was seen as a sin cos i mean b4 18 or even 16, some even younger and u've already had sex, u gotta be a serious wh.ore. However, these days people have to think of how to settle dwn b4 marrying and that's like 27yrs least for males and 25 for females least for females, generally speaking. Also with sex everywhere in our daily lives, it'll be insane not to have sex, we'll be forced to masturbate...i have never dne it b4 and i'll never do it, ever. However, jumping from one person to anoda, is jux not ryt and for me damn stupid. It'll be extremely wicked for religious leaders not to identify with this problem and come to a compromise. Our God is a God of reason and compromise, he isn't that stiff odawise we wouldn't have had his son die for us and most def would have had the earth swallow us immediately we sinned. Besydes if we're to abide by the everything in the bible....then we wouldn't even be here talking... so pls when u open ur mouth to say things u think make u look smart, u think about the other rules that apply to u that u aren't even following. Thank u

I'm a christian btw... B4 clueless people accuse me of being otherwise.
Heresy from the pit of hell.

God is a 'God of Compromise'.

Stop reading logic into the scriptures, God's standards are high and it will remain high.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by achi4u(m): 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
eagle,eye:
Na person wey dem catch be thief.
"he, who is without a sin should cast the first stone"
GBAM!
let that pastor cast the first stone ...tongue

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: May Amadioha disintergrate the waist of the useless pastor! Bloody hypocrite!!

amadioha will not do anything,they shoulda known the doctrines of the church before deciding to hav their marriage.wot happened to the other churches dat doesnt bat an eyelid.
if u choose to worship in a particular church u should be able to accept their doctrines

the op friend was the one finding trouble

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by oluwadartey: 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
Please where in the bible did they say You shouldn't get married if You've had sex b4 or if You've had sex with each other?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by BrightCar: 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
andymofia: Dear all, I have a friend whose wedding was billed for Saturday, September 21, 2013, but his pastor on interviewing the bride, discovered that they have had premarital sex and cancelled the wedding. Now the young man is confused and do not know what to do. I just hope he doesn't do something nasty. what do you advise?
Youngman, don't fall to the advice of running to another pastor for wedding, start life on a good foundation. The Pastor has done very right, he has the fear of God and I think the sister fears God aswell, for confessing. The way forward is for them to submit to whatever instruction or disciplinary action and ask God for forgiveness. In my church, rccg, they will be counsel to go into church blessing.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
oluwadartey: Please where in the bible did they say You shouldn't get married if You've had sex b4 or if You've had sex with each other?

Gbam!

That is why no pastor in earth can tell me what to do. Useless pastors. Hypocritical in their personal lives but want everyone to conform to what they preach.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
fluid26:

I disagree. The pastor is wrong on this one. Does it mean the girl would never get married? Or perhaps, he expects them to go 'delete' the embryo and return for approval? Or he is hoping for a natural occurrence to 'reset' the anomaly...a miscarriage ? Blighted ovum? Pre-emclampsia? What exactly did he advise as solution to something he identified as a problem.

He claims to be serving Jesus, but he doesn't fully understand the circumstances surrounding the birth of his Christ. Mary was pregnant before marriage [the method of conception here is irrelevant]. She was rejected by society, yet she was eventually married to Joseph. Why? It was Joseph who had the final say, not the society, not the church leaders.

What if the said girl had told the pastor that her conception was immaculate (like Mary's)? What if it was through IVF or other proven non-sex-related method? Would the pastor react differently?

I hate pastors and their ridiculously low mental capacity. Even if he lacks knowledge, he should borrow some common sense from past events and save himself this embarrassment.

You're a truth hater. What you call 'problem' God calls it SIN.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by tonididdy(m): 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
andymofia: Dear all, I have a friend whose wedding was billed for Saturday, September 21, 2013, but his pastor on interviewing the bride, discovered that they have had premarital sex and cancelled the wedding. Now the young man is confused and do not know what to do. I just hope he doesn't do something nasty. what do you advise?
sharrap...he didn't cancel the wedding.he only chose not to particpate in blessing the marriage.

you and your friend can take the wedding to some church elsewhere....the wedding continues

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by juman(m): 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Fabu story ni jor.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by freecocoa(f): 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
joel lala: Most people here blaming the pastor should get the facts first..now, what i know is that before you get married in some churches, the pastor will make it point clear that the about to be wedded couples must not have any form of sexual intercourse before the wedding and during the marriage councelling sessions..failure to obey this is will lead to either postponement of the wedding or total cancel of the wedding in the church..so we should ask, did the couples knw about this rule? If they knew, why did they not find anoda church that will condone such promiscous act?

Once we find out, then we can nw dissect the situation..so let stop all this false accusation towards the pastor because what he did is not only right but honourable too.
So what if they were having sex before they became members of the church? Shey the pastor will ask them to leave the church?
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Acidosis: So we still have God fearing Pastors? shocked

Most Pastors would even join the bride, the (baby) pregnancy and the husband in HOLY matrimony.. cheesy

hahahahahahahahaahahaha
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by 25Calibre(m): 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
The pastor is a punk! So he expects the groom not to sample the wares before buying.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Beey(f): 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2013

Most Pastors would even join the bride, the (baby) pregnancy and the husband in HOLY matrimony.. cheesy
Let him who has not sinned be first to cast a stone.The pastor should stop acting like a saint and know that we are living in a world full sin.Infact,sin is the nature of the flesh.If some grace & mercy had not found this pastor,where would he be today?Christ died for all & turning away someone who has fallen into sin,makes Christ's work on the cross useless.The blood of Jesus that saves the self-righteous & goes to the other extreme & saves the witch & the murderer,Iam here to say that blood has never lost it's power.It's still saving & delivering.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by LewsTherin: 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
joel lala: Most people here blaming the pastor should get the facts first..now, what i know is that before you get married in some churches, the pastor will make it point clear that the about to be wedded couples must not have any form of sexual intercourse before the wedding and during the marriage councelling sessions..failure to obey this is will lead to either postponement of the wedding or total cancel of the wedding in the church..so we should ask, did the couples knw about this rule? If they knew, why did they not find anoda church that will condone such promiscous act?

Once we find out, then we can nw dissect the situation..so let stop all this false accusation towards the pastor because what he did is not only right but honourable too.

Very true and very correct. If the couple failed to keep the conditions of getting married in that church, they should not be surprised as to the result.

kimco: This is my take on premarital sex. In the days of old, people married early, so having premarital sex was seen as a sin cos i mean b4 18 or even 16, some even younger and u've already had sex, u gotta be a serious wh.ore. However, these days people have to think of how to settle dwn b4 marrying and that's like 27yrs least for males and 25 for females least for females, generally speaking. Also with sex everywhere in our daily lives, it'll be insane not to have sex, we'll be forced to masturbate...i have never dne it b4 and i'll never do it, ever. However, jumping from one person to anoda, is jux not ryt and for me damn stupid. It'll be extremely wicked for religious leaders not to identify with this problem and come to a compromise. Our God is a God of reason and compromise, he isn't that stiff odawise we wouldn't have had his son die for us and most def would have had the earth swallow us immediately we sinned. Besydes if we're to abide by the everything in the bible....then we wouldn't even be here talking... so pls when u open ur mouth to say things u think make u look smart, u think about the other rules that apply to u that u aren't even following. Thank u

I'm a christian btw... B4 clueless people accuse me of being otherwise.

There is more to being a christian than doing what is "the going culture". Does the fact that so many political and government office holders are thieving crooks make it right for anyone to steal from government funds?

The Bible has specific rules and keeping the marital bed undefiled is one. The same Bible has always maintained that we should not follow the multitude to sin.

The best the pastor can do is place them on a suspension, postpone the wedding and suspend them if they hold any position in church. I am sure the church has disciplinary guidelines and the couple should be made to serve the term prescribed there. If the couple is truly repentant, they will agree to the church's discipline and then the mercy card can then be played and the wedding conducted. Anything else is rebellion - whether you like it or not, that is the truth according to the Bible.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by banabest(m): 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
achi4u: My man you thank for ur candid answer.
The pastor act as if he is not a sinner.

mcheeew.na una get time for all this lone rangers grin
Acidosis:

Any Pastor that agree to join the man and the woman under 'this condition' is not a Pastor but a hungry tout who called himself into Ministry for personal gains..
........ So if u were d pastor...... U'll cancel d wedding........ Wat if they denied d act of pre marital seX.......so it's a crime to say d truth.....u dat does nt turn bible upside down...... Y u dey judge....... Abeg comot for road.......dey want2turn2God
The cancelled event can't be re-arranged/re-scheduled if both party seek the face of God.. (Repentance)

..also any Judge that wish to preside over the matter can as well join them in a customary court, not a Church..

Church nor be beer parlour, oga.

Well I really do not blame you.. The new generation Pastors have turned the bible up-side and down.. Nowadays, I wonder where they get their messages.. I keep wondering if they are still preaching the same word Paul, and all the Apostles died for...

May God save us all..
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Fynestboi: 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
Acidosis:

So now your new definition of LOVE & HOLY MATRIMONY is testing the genital organs of the opposite s€x..

So now, a man in a bid of searching for the woman to marry can test run the genitals of your sisters one after the other to check which genital best fit his joystick..
In a case whereby, Mr pervert is dissatisfied, he's free to further the genital hypothesis on your female cousins one-by-one...

Maybe, just maybe, after test running about 15 of them, he can then choose one that best fit on bed.. wow!

Mind you, thats Mr pervert hypothesis..

Another Mr s€xmaniac in a bid for marriage can also proceed from your sisters again one after the other on a queue testing running them each by each ... again and again... smiley wow..

You are a good "love" doctor..
gringringringringringrin
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by oluwadartey: 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
In a case whereby, Mr pervert is dissatisfied, he's free to further the genital hypothesis on your female cousins one-by-one...

Maybe, just maybe, after test running about 15 of them, he can then choose one that best fit on bed.. wow!

Mind you, thats Mr pervert hypothesis..

Another Mr s€xmaniac in a bid for marriage can also proceed from your sisters again one after the other on a queue testing running them each by each ... again and again... smiley wow..

You are a good "love" doctor. Bros chill na...... Why ur blood de hot like dis...... Wich 1 is family and sisters and cousins again.... He only aired his view and ur entitled to urs too.... Not citing his sisters and cousins as examples. Bros chill o.....
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by DarryOsh(m): 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
i av a gut feeling that this is not the whole story. Op, either u were not told the whole story are you are not telling the whole story.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
LewsTherin:

Very true and very correct. If the couple failed to keep the conditions of getting married in that church, they should not be surprised as to the result.

There is more to being a christian than doing what is "the going culture". Does the fact that so many political and government office holders are thieving crooks make it right for anyone to steal from government funds?

The Bible has specific rules and keeping the marital bed undefiled is one. The same Bible has always maintained that we should not follow the multitude to sin.

The best the pastor can do is place them on a suspension, postpone the wedding and suspend them if they hold any position in church. I am sure the church has disciplinary guidelines and the couple should be made to serve the term prescribed there. If the couple is truly repentant, they will agree to the church's discipline and then the mercy card can then be played and the wedding conducted. Anything else is rebellion - whether you like it or not, that is the truth according to the Bible.

I read all your said and you kept on mentioning the church's discipline. Don't we follow the word of God anymore. where in the bible does it say to not joined a couple in holy matrimony just because they once had premarital sexx?
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by nedu2000(m): 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
ogugua88:

How is that sane? So nonvirgins or those who've engaged in premarital sex should never be married?
И̣̣̣̥o and ‎​Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥S̶̲̥̅ respectively,a widow for example (nonvirgin) and a LovePeddler for example(premartial sex 'engager'),the good thing is that a LovePeddler can always stop
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
They should find another church.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Okijajuju1(m): 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
But the couple are fools...

When they asked me, I denied.. And later went home, had some more pre marital sex and asked God for forgiveness.. grin
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by ChiziDaniels(m): 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
[b][/b]"Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." (Hebrews 13:4).

Case closed!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Beey(f): 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
Beey: Let him who has not sinned be first to cast a stone.The pastor should stop acting like a saint and know that we are living in a world full sin.Infact,sin is the nature of the flesh.If some grace & mercy had not found this pastor,where would he be today?Am not encouraging pre-marital sex,but if these people have fallen into sin,what should they do?Christ died for all & turning away someone who has fallen into sin,makes Christ's work on the cross useless.The blood of Jesus that saves the self-righteous & goes to the other extreme & saves the witch & the murderer,Iam here to say that blood has never lost it's power.It's still saving & delivering.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Fynestboi: 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
made2fit: He that is without sin should cast the first stone. The best he could have done was suspend them after the wedding for some weeks even that can be considered extreme in some quarters.
this is exactly what the pastor should have done..

Bt that s if the both hold a significant role or post in the church...
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by zwalnanmak(m): 2:30pm On Sep 18, 2013

dats NOT wat it takes t b a God fearing pastors, everyone is ALLOWED 2 sin, d issue is if they have repented fron their sin
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by lawyer(m): 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
Stupid pastor! Was he a Virgin before he got married? He shouldn't blame his sexual inadequacies growing up on a young couple who love each other and intend to spend the reminder of their lives together. Does the Cow of a pastor know Jesus even brought a prostitute close to him and didn't condemn her? Who is he to start judging people? If he has children and they had premarital sex will he disown them and wish they become single all their lives because they had premarital sex? He is a silly pastor and am sure if people check very well the bible he carries around all day trying to justify his sermons and doctrines could probably a Chinua Achebe Novel in Paper back disguised as a bible.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by megareal: 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ok, they did wrong by having premarital sex. The church should have thought to discipline them a long ways before the wedding date. Discipline in this instance isn't a harsh punishment like wedding cancellation but more of stripping them of the cloak of pretensions by blessing their marriage. Else your'e simply throwing away the baby with the bath water. BTW, church wedding isn't the height of it because the minute the bride price is traditionally paid, the couple is entitled to be called married. White wedding is just the oyinbo way of doing things..., the real deal is the bride price. So if a couple had sex after payment of the bride price BEFORE the church wedding, thev'e done no wrong cos they are already married.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by sammiy: 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
some pipo's comment is so sick and daft........mods we need a dislike key pls
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2013

So, you are saying.., they shld be denied holy matrimony and be allowed to countinue living in sin of fornication?? Wat happened to the word “Forgiveness“
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Classicalman(m): 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2013
Simple. Port to another church.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by MdzoughAdi(m): 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2013
Raymondenyi: Mek dem dey dia dey mumu demselves, what nonsense, is dat d only church on earth! C'mon dey should change d venue! N send bulk sms to as much persons as dey can!!! Informing dem of d change in venue!!! Nonsense
yes u ar right that pastor is really a nonsense one
We all keep lying to ourselves n being insanely unrealistic, how on earrth will anyone think premarital sex will stop? How?
If the couple strt having sexual misunderstanding n challenges tomorrow will d pastor b dia 2 salvage them? Nonsense!!! How will U marry a man, u don't know whether he's sexual appetite is good enough for you, u won't know d size of his joystick!!! U won't know what ur lady like, n we all know, sex is a vital part of every marriage!!!!

Pls we should be realistic n stop all these stupidity!!! They should look 4 another church!!! I could even hlp dem with d bulk sms!!! Stupid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo / Living Faith Church Wukari, Taraba State Building Collapsed! / Is There Really Life After Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.