Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. (39207 Views)

Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / What Are The Spiritual Effects Of Premarital Sex? / Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by todayguest(m): 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
The church is not a place of saints. But a congregation of sinners asking for grace and forgivenes. A people who could not save themselves. A group Jesus died to save. @ topic, the pastor don't fully understand the context of repentance. People who wants repentnce shldn't be discouraged. Is the pastor without sin?
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by FOLLEY20(m): 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
Acidosis:

Any Pastor that agree to join the man and the woman under 'this condition' is not a Pastor but a hungry tout who called himself into Ministry for personal gains..

The cancelled event can't be re-arranged/re-scheduled if both party seek the face of God.. (Repentance)

..also any Judge that wish to preside over the matter can as well join them in a customary court, not a Church..

Church nor be beer parlour, oga.

Well I really do not blame you.. The new generation Pastors have turned the bible up-side and down.. Nowadays, I wonder where they get their messages.. I keep wondering if they are still preaching the same word Paul, and all the Apostles died for...

May God save us all..
Thank u! U are very correct, God bless u.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by mazizitonene(m): 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
Even fornicators dey hail d pastor....so no 4giveness again...cos him b God naw abi.....reminds me of bible stories.."jesus, d prostitute with d religious leaders"
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by sultanemerald(m): 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
nora544: Nigerian Pastors make me laugh, one buy a husband for her daughter that she didnot has a child without a husband, the other pastor tell that they cannot marry in the church, and the next pastor will test if she realy is a virgin grin grin grin grin

There are pastors who tell there church members you cannot marry a person outside the church.
There are pastors they will tell you that the person you want to marry is not the right one because he got the message from god

What come next grin grin grin grin

write in english. perhaps, you'll make sense.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by touchmeder: 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
people make mistakes, another pastor another church i guess...
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
The pastor should have read this passage before the decision he took.

Exodus 22:16-17
“If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride-price for her and make her his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride-price for virgins.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
Some people have been brainwashed by pastors and allow pastors to think for them and dictate their lives. If a pastor tries that with me, I'll simply do a traditional wedding and reception. White wedding isn't our culture anyway. It's jst an effect of colonialism. What is the purpose of marriage? Is it not the coming together of two people who have agreed to start a family together (in more canal and blunt terms, two people who have agreed to f**k and have children exclusively) and their family havin knowledge of that exclusivity. I don't even see were the pastor is so important in the equation. If the pastor won't conduct the wedding and bless the couple then the parents will bless the couple (which is most important)

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Acidosis(m): 8:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
todayguest: The church is not a place of saints. But a congregation of sinners asking for grace and forgivenes. A people who could not save themselves. A group Jesus died to save. @ topic, the pastor don't fully understand the context of repentance. People who wants repentnce shldn't be discouraged. Is the pastor without sin?

buhahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

Wetin I nor go read on nairaland...?? grin grin

A church is a congregation of sinners ..

And Jesus would come the 2nd time to gather the "sinners" (not the saints) in the"church" with him to heaven
D grin grin
hahahahahahahah

Bros next time abeg, try and read the portion of the bible that says "glorious church , not having spot or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish" before you come on the internet to market your laughable ignorance..

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
cowtail: read the post again before commenting. The wedding was cancelled because of premarital sex and not pregnancy. The pastor's action is very right.

abeg, go help me edit am. The post don too cause wahala and I no wan go hell fire undecided
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by iykesmith(m): 9:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]does dis mean dat all these disvirgind young girls of dis days can nt get married nd wed in d church? Wz she a virgin.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
all those who are quotin jesus by saying`he that is without sin', `remove the speck 4rm ur own eye',`don't judge them' blah blah. jesus didnt say this things to his disciples, he said them to the scribes n pharisees who didnt knw the truth but relied so much on the law. so dont quote those scriptures out of context. the bible says we should examine our own selves n see whether we stand in the faith that is in christ. you examine urself through God's word. Don't claim to be a christian and not do what God expects. don't you know that it's we(the saint) who shall judge the world?what is bad is bad.even if they had lied about it, all the pastor's blessings would be hanging on air

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by nora544: 9:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
iykesmith: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]does dis mean dat all these disvirgind young girls of dis days can nt get married nd wed in d church? Wz she a virgin.

that is what nigerian pastors will tell you.

I know that nigerian pastors have two faces one for the publid and one for the private family i know this.

i can tell a name of a pastor who pay a husband for his daughter that she has no child out of wedlock.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by BibiBasy(f): 9:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
The fact that a bride-to-be isnt pregnant, doesn't mean she didn't engage in premarital sex. Calling off a wedding isn't going to stop premarital sex either. Everything rests in the heart! #MYOPINION
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by ooconsider(m): 9:35pm On Sep 18, 2013
andymofia: Dear all, I have a friend whose wedding was billed for Saturday, September 21, 2013, but his pastor on interviewing the bride, discovered that they have had premarital sex and cancelled the wedding. Now the young man is confused and do not know what to do. I just hope he doesn't do something nasty. what do you advise?
that pastor get hidden agenda, my guy carry ur thing go meet another pastor make e bless am for una and chop ur tin dey go. D pastor na God?
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Tayeni(m): 9:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
MrBible: The pastor should have read this passage before the decision he took.

Exodus 22:16-17
“If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride-price for her and make her his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride-price for virgins.
@Acidosis........what's your reply to this. You hv held ur ground since this thread began but I will like to read ur response to that verse

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Davidogar(m): 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
He is a true man of God.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by nora544: 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
David ogar: He is a true man of God.

oh realy, i know that pastors in nigeria have to faces.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by akpanbaba: 10:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
Those blaming the pastor were and are still guilty of the same offense.By their posts you shall know them.Shame on who those who test my sisters for nothing

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by kushsy: 10:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
Story! Didt he pay d bride price at d traditional marriage? She is formally his wife so no cause for alarm.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by kushsy: 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
David ogar: He is a true man of God.
Really? Is dat how to define true man of God? Is he repairing or damaging? Y r they even bothering themselve? Were de not married traditional before going for a church wedding! D r husband n wife already.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by operave: 10:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
fluid26:

I disagree. The pastor is wrong on this one. Does it mean the girl would never get married? Or perhaps, he expects them to go 'delete' the embryo and return for approval? Or he is hoping for a natural occurrence to 'reset' the anomaly...a miscarriage ? Blighted ovum? Pre-emclampsia? What exactly did he advise as solution to something he identified as a problem.

He claims to be serving Jesus, but he doesn't fully understand the circumstances surrounding the birth of his Christ. Mary was pregnant before marriage [the method of conception here is irrelevant]. She was rejected by society, yet she was eventually married to Joseph. Why? It was Joseph who had the final say, not the society, not the church leaders.

What if the said girl had told the pastor that her conception was immaculate (like Mary's)? What if it was through IVF or other proven non-sex-related method? Would the pastor react differently?

I hate pastors and their ridiculously low mental capacity. Even if he lacks knowledge, he should borrow some common sense from past events and save himself this embarrassment.
Even joseph tried to put mary away silently until God convincd im by sendin is angel to him. Dat does nt giv dem a ryt to av done wat dy did cos d bible says dat we shud kip d bed undefiled
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Projenny: 11:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
Acidosis:

Any Pastor that agree to join the man and the woman under 'this condition' is not a Pastor but a hungry tout who called himself into Ministry for personal gains..

The cancelled event can't be re-arranged/re-scheduled if both party seek the face of God.. (Repentance)

..also any Judge that wish to preside over the matter can as well join them in a customary court, not a Church..

Well I really do not blame you.. The new generation Pastors have turned the bible up-side and down.. Nowadays, I wonder where they get their messages.. I keep wondering if they are still preaching the same word Paul, and all the Apostles died for...

May God save us all..
[s]
Acidosis:

May God save us all..
[/s]
Acidosis:

May God save us all..

so how long does true repentance take??
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by mkoabiola: 11:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
Raymondenyi: Mek dem dey dia dey mumu demselves, what nonsense, is dat d only church on earth! C'mon dey should change d venue! N send bulk sms to as much persons as dey can!!! Informing dem of d change in venue!!! Nonsense

We all keep lying to ourselves n being insanely unrealistic, how on earrth will anyone think premarital sex will stop? How?
If the couple strt having sexual misunderstanding n challenges tomorrow will d pastor b dia 2 salvage them? Nonsense!!! How will U marry a man, u don't know whether he's sexual appetite is good enough for you, u won't know d size of his joystick!!! U won't know what ur lady like, n we all know, sex is a vital part of every marriage!!!!

Pls we should be realistic n stop all these stupidity!!! They should look 4 another church!!! I could even hlp dem with d bulk sms!!! Stupid
Lwkmd!
Lol!
In oda words,say yes to premarital sex.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by achi4u(m): 11:54pm On Sep 18, 2013
many pastors are scammers this days, so don't be deceives.

Be wise like a serpent grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by achi4u(m): 12:01am On Sep 19, 2013
12 inches!:
Some people have been brainwashed by pastors and allow pastors to think for them and dictate their lives. If a pastor tries that with me, I'll simply do a traditional wedding and reception. White wedding isn't our culture anyway. It's jst an effect of colonialism. What is the purpose of marriage? Is it not the coming together of two people who have agreed to start a family together (in more canal and blunt terms, two people who have agreed to f**k and have children exclusively) and their family havin knowledge of that exclusivity. I don't even see were the pastor is so important in the equation. If the pastor won't conduct the wedding and bless the couple then the parents will bless the couple (which is most important)
My brother you've said it all.

Even his blessing is questionable.
This ppl who cannever bait an eye when they see poor fellow around them.

tufiakwa nigerians are brainwashed.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Adonis4u: 12:04am On Sep 19, 2013
kimco: This is my take on premarital sex. In the days of old, people married early, so having premarital sex was seen as a sin cos i mean b4 18 or even 16, some even younger and u've already had sex, u gotta be a serious wh.ore. However, these days people have to think of how to settle dwn b4 marrying and that's like 27yrs least for males and 25 for females least for females, generally speaking. Also with sex everywhere in our daily lives, it'll be insane not to have sex, we'll be forced to masturbate...i have never dne it b4 and i'll never do it, ever. However, jumping from one person to anoda, is jux not ryt and for me damn stupid. It'll be extremely wicked for religious leaders not to identify with this problem and come to a compromise. Our God is a God of reason and compromise, he isn't that stiff odawise we wouldn't have had his son die for us and most def would have had the earth swallow us immediately we sinned. Besydes if we're to abide by the everything in the bible....then we wouldn't even be here talking... so pls when u open ur mouth to say things u think make u look smart, u think about the other rules that apply to u that u aren't even following. Thank u

I'm a christian btw... B4 clueless people accuse me of being otherwise.

Are you implying that God often adjust? Nevertheless the foundation of the God standed sure, having this seal, the Lord knoweth them that are His. And, let anyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 2Timothy 2vs19.

You see my friend, God is not a respecter of anybody and will never adjust His Standard in any way.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by toolovely(m): 12:06am On Sep 19, 2013
Am a christian, but as long as I know and to my understanding, church marriage is secondary and not even necessary. It wasn't stated anywhere in d Bible that one must wed in the church. The marriage in Can an that Jesus Christ attended, it was not recorded that it took place in the temple. The most important thing is that as a man, ​you pay your bride price, and if the father/family accepts it, the woman becomes your wife that moment. The union has been established already and Heaven Wiℓℓ bless it. If he has paid her bride price, she is his wife. For me, traditional and marriage and church wedding is just a repetition. The pastor didn't do right. What do ​you say about this, Deut 22:29 he must pay her father fifty pieces of silver.[t] Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he may never divorce her as long as he lives.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by highmood(m): 12:42am On Sep 19, 2013
Well maybe God directed the pastor to do that. Else I pity the girl oh. It could be easy for the guy to get a new woman, but I wonder what the girl would do. But about if the girl is pregnant for him, would the marriage still be cancelled? The fact is that the girl don de lambo before and if the guy no lambo, the girl is no more a virgin, so its changes nothing. the fact is that the guy lamboed and still love the girl to be her wife. the truth is that love covered everythn. But all these are issues!!!
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 19, 2013
Vry intresting thread #followin
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Tmany(m): 2:08am On Sep 19, 2013
Fine the sin has been committed the real issue is, The punishment the MOG dish out for them the punishment much o
But i think they will have been given the church rules.
There are other punishment than canceling the marriage I think that will just push the couple more into the world.
Na real embarrassment im go be for the couple not to talk of financial expenses they will have.....
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:41am On Sep 19, 2013
ogugua88: They should find another pastor.
. . . . . . Was that what you did madam?
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 4:39am On Sep 19, 2013
ogugua88: Am I engaged or married?

Am I engaged or married?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. / Church Members Storm Watchnight Service With Cutlasses For ‘Battle’. Photos / David Ibiyeomie: Two Plots Of Land Not Enough For Me, My Cars, Entourage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.