Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers (18308 Views)

Transformation Of Singapore From Swampland To Skyscrapers (pictures) / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Slizbeat(m): 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
Good to hear.

My questions include;
1. Is the site of such project stable enough to hold such amount of buildings?? Otherwise, don't put people's lifes at risk.

2. How much is required for the completion of this project? Is it available?? Otherwise it becomes an elephant project that would end up not being completed.

3. Is Fashola going to finish it before he leaves office in 2015?? Or his he going to be life governor of the state?? Cos taste differs and his successor might not be his kind of type thereby neglecting the project.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by sage2(m): 9:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
Where are lekki & alpha beaches today? All washed away.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by sage2(m): 9:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
turawafett: Most people here are armchair theories, Burj Al Arab was Built in the middle of Gulf, and the success gave birth to many artificial Islands in Dubai making United Arab Emirate despite being an Islamic country to be one of the countries to visit in the world.

What I expect to read here as comment it's what technology expects and environmental expects things about the project, the reason why it should be or not to be with concrete reasons.

Let them reclaim lekki and alpha beaches first. Then I will learn to take them serious.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Horus(m): 10:03pm On Sep 19, 2013

[img]http://dilemmaxdotnet.files./2013/06/eko-atlantic-20.jpg[/img]

Next to site of Eko Pearl Tower
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by mollie12: 10:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
mailtimi:
http://odili.net/news/source/2013/sep/18/304.html
http://naijalog.com/lagos-set-to-build-1200-skyscrapers/

So the new Eko Atlantic city is 10 million sq km, while the size of the entire Nigeria is just approximately 923,000 sq km?!?

Is it Eko Atlantic continent or Eko Atlantic city they are building again? Or y'all need to be doublechecking your figures before you post news reports!

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by samseen02(m): 11:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
Madawaki01: repeat afta me,"i wil neva smoke more dan 10 wraps of igbo in my life again"
u no go kill me with laugh oo
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by meccuno: 12:57am On Sep 20, 2013
Having 1200 sky scrappers doesn't change a single thing....like I would always say,any govt that makes policies or laws that are draconian and goes against the people you are serving is not comendable.....most of the dividends of democracy in Lagos state are benefited by people who stay in High brow areas like on the island.....who do not even form a bulk of the people that voted for him......
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by meccuno: 12:59am On Sep 20, 2013
mollie12:

So the new Eko Atlantic city is 10 million sq km, while the size of the entire Nigeria is just approximately 923,000 sq km?!?

Is it Eko Atlantic continent or Eko Atlantic city they are building again? Or y'all need to be doublechecking your figures before you post news reports!
and to even think that lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria makes it even hilarious....
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by chinaman666(m): 3:11am On Sep 20, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Okay. I'm all for it if it provides for the poor or middle-class. Otherwise I should complain this gives some credence to the claim that Fashola runs an elitist government.

I highly doubt that the average wage-earner will be able afford to live in Eko Atlantic, but there should be little doubt that this will directly create plenty of jobs for every class, and the indirect benefits to the whole country would be very significant.

Note that it is not up to Fashola whether these skyscrapers are erected, but to the mostly foreign private investors, on whether they believe Lagos could be a business and financial center for the entire region. This should be pretty obvious, as there are no other city within 2000 miles from Lagos capable of competing in terms of economic prowess. The other issue is, is now a good time to invest? Well, considering the dismal performance Western economies have put up for the past few years, this also looks good for Eko Atlantic.

My conclusion: Fashola isn't bluffing.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by 9icegee: 8:08am On Sep 20, 2013
9jadelta: dude, I don't have time for long blind argument.

this is a multi billion dollars project, not drainage or fly over project in Ibadan or akwa ibom
it's not just a project that one redundant engineering company would carry out.
you think government will be so daft to risk over 250000 lives and all that money nothin? you think private investors in the project will like to throw tgeir monies into the ocean because it feels good to do so?

dude, think before u type.
do some research about the project.
this is the biggest project in west Africa right now if not Africa.
stop arguing unnecessarily.

am out yo!
wot has this gotten to do wit aKWA IBOM STATE
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by 9icegee: 8:11am On Sep 20, 2013
nice project. But all u guys talking about it being for de poor and middle class, do poor and middle class people live in skyscrappers? U guys should have a re-think pls
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by ba7man(m): 8:31am On Sep 20, 2013
9icegee: nice project. But all u guys talking about it being for de poor and middle class, do poor and middle class people live in skyscrappers? U guys should have a re-think pls
The companies, restaurants, hotels, malls, transport companies, banks etc that will service the Eko Atlantic will employ only the rich, abi??

The rich might own the properties and compnies there but they will have to employ a large army of middle to low- class citizens to service them.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by merengue: 9:47am On Sep 20, 2013
The idiocy of those criticizing this project amuses me to no end. This project is going to be beneficial to all Lagosians and here is why:

1. With EAC, the elite will want to move there, this means that prices of real estate in adjoining areas like V.I, Ikoyi, Lekki will fall making them more affordable for the middle and lower income classes.

2. Depopulation of the ridiculously choked V.I and Ikoyi corridor

3. More construction means more jobs for the populace.

4. Increased foreign investment = more jobs, increased purchasing power, better economy e.t.c.

Anyway you look at it, its a win-win situation and I am all for it.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2013
PvtParts: Lets take this one at a time...

Dubai coastal front is not the same as the tropical coast of Lagos.

Dubai water front never experienced coastal erosion.

Dubai water depth near the coast is far lower than that of the Lagos front.

Dubai coastal waters contain low lying sand shoals.

Dubai coastal front does not have to deal with large volumes of rain and drainage from the mainland due to lower precipitation, natural rivers and the permeable desert surface which absorbs the little rain that they have.

Which wall? They just sand filled the place with dredged sand from the adjourning ocean bed.

There is no sophisticated dyke system in place like what you have in Holland.

The sand filling could buy V.I. some time for now but eventually it will be washed away within 10 to 15 yrs.

Quote me.

And finally on this point, the truth remains that the primary motive for wasting tax payers money on this folly enterprise is to create a property rush and speculation. The plots have already been divided to most of it going to Herr Tinibu and his cronies.

When no significant investor puts his money down, then the whole Eko Atlantic will eventual go bust.

It is already happening in Dubai with a property bust. What will make investors come and invest in one of the world's most unlivable city in front of a raging Atlantic?

Yes I am at the same time Not.

I am smart to know that this project will not make it (financially) and also is doomed to the Atlantic bed. But the expats were smart enough to con the con men into thinking they have a viable business estate.
God bless d womb you came out

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
This inland sea of some 251,000 square kilometres (96,912 sq mi) is connected to the Gulf of Oman in the east by the Strait of Hormuz; and its western end is marked by the major river delta of the Shatt al-Arab, which carries the waters of the Euphrates and the Tigris. Its length is 989 kilometres (615 miles), with Iran covering most of the northern coast and Saudi Arabia most of the southern coast. The Persian Gulf is about 56 km (35 mi) wide at its narrowest, in the Strait of Hormuz. The waters are overall very shallow, with a maximum depth of 90 metres (295 feet) and an average depth of 50 metres (164 feet).
Countries with a coastline on the Persian Gulf are (clockwise, from the north): Iran, Oman (exclave of Musandam), United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar on a peninsula off the Saudi coast, Bahrain on an island, Kuwait and Iraq in the northwest. Various small islands lie within the Persian Gulf, some of which are the subject of territorial disputes between the states of the region.

You can see for yourself that the Persian Gulf which is where the Dubai Palm City is being constructed is an enclosed Sea with a maximum depth of 90 meters.

Now compare with the Bight of Benin

The average depth of the Bight of Benin is 10,925 ft (3,330 m) with its maximum depth at 27,493 feet (8,380m).
The Bight of Benin is in direct contact with the Atlantic Monsoon and during the months of August, the upwelling currents are also characterized by strong westerly currents which lead to ocean surges.

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by ba7man(m): 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
This project dey really affect @ PvtParts seriously oooo......It seems his money was stolen to finance the project. Why don't you and your friends carry placards to the site and protest ??

Dude, save your rants, you're a lone voice crying in the wilderness.

Let the water wash the whole project away, as long as its not your family's landed property, you have nothing to wet your pants over........at least its the Chagourys that should be worried not you.

The project continues, like it or not.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
ba7man: This project dey really affect @ PvtParts seriously oooo......It seems he's money was stolen to finance the project.

Dude, save your rants, you're a lone voice crying in the wilderness.

Let the water wash the whole project away, as long as its not your family's landed property, you have nothing to wet your pants over........at least its the Chagourys that should be worried not you.

mad man.

why e dey pain u?

is it because i just flat lined your arguments.

a33hole
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by ba7man(m): 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
PvtParts:

mad man.

why e dey pain u?

is it because i just flat lined your arguments.

a33hole
Hehehehe.......I didn't bother reading your points....too long and emotion laden.

With the long story you're dropping, Its obvious who's highly worried.

Quick question......is it your money??
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
ba7man:

you have nothing to wet your pants over........at least its the Chagourys that should be worried not you.

so no be tinibu again nah Abacha chief contractor they handle am.

kai i laff in swahilli for una
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
ba7man: Hehehehe.......I didn't bother reading your points....too long and emotion laden.

With the long story you're dropping, Its obvious who's highly worried.

Quick question......is it your money??

now u are not making any sense

My arguments were to highlight to the world what a folly and quick money scam this project is for thiefnibu.

Other nonsense you want to introduce is invalid.

jus like the pic below

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by ba7man(m): 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
PvtParts:

so no be tinibu again nah Abacha chief contractor they handle am.

kai i laff in swahilli for una
The Tinubu administration conceived the idea. It was too costly for Lagos State to carry out so they shopped for investors. (The Chagoury Brothers).

How do you think entepreneurs get rich or achieve feats beyond their financial capabilities?? They develop an idea and they sell the ideas to investors.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by ba7man(m): 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
PvtParts:

now u are not making any sense

My arguments were to highlight to the world what a folly and quick money scam this project is for thiefnibu.

Other nonsense you want to introduce is invalid.

jus like the pic below

Your arguements only exist in your head.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
ba7man: The Tinubu administration conceived the idea. It was too costly for Lagos State to carry out so they shopped for investors. (The Chagoury Brothers).

How do you think entepreneurs get rich or achieve feats beyond their financial capabilities?? They develop an idea and they sell the ideas to investors.

outsourcing and privatizing government functions as usual.

but wait what do you mean that LASGIDI does not have the funds?

I thought that LASG is the richest?

pic unrelated grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
ba7man: Your arguements only exist in your head.

obviously.

they couldn't have sprout from that vacuum cranium of yours
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by ba7man(m): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
PvtParts:

obviously.

they couldn't have sprout from that vacuum cranium of yours
Throwing insults randomly only reveals your inner state. I see through you. Can you see how civil I've been so far?? You're the one loosing control.

The fact that you were busy talking about average ocean depths in 2 different regions without even knowing what a continental shelf is shows that i shouldn't be argueing with you.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
ba7man: Throwing insults randomly only reveals your inner state. I see through you. Can you see how civil I've been so far?? You're the one loosing control.

The fact that you were busy talking about average ocean depths in 2 different regions without even knowing what a continental shelf is shows that i shouldn't be argueing with you.

einstein of ogbomoso, pls enlighten me grin grin grin grin
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
ba7man where u dey now?

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Horus(m): 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2016

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeE1fHxWEAA_s1h.jpg:large[/img]

Eko Atlantic , March 2016
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by nwoke37: 4:13am On Jan 24, 2018
can 1,200 skyscrapers fit on 10 mi² of land?
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by weownlagos: 6:11am On Jan 24, 2018
While the great illustrious igbo nation are busy buying up Eko Atlantic, some yoruba street urchins are crying on nairaland. Igbos rule.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by 7lives: 10:14am On Jan 24, 2018
weownlagos:
While the great illustrious igbo nation are busy buying up Eko Atlantic, some yoruba street urchins are crying on nairaland. Igbos rule.

When your people they owe 2-3 years rents all over the place, Mr month action.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Retired Military Officers – Nigeria Needs Damage Control / Governor Dankwambo Congratulates Atiku Abubakar / Tinubu: INEC’s Certificate Of Return Is Like World Cup Trophy To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.