Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers (18299 Views)

Transformation Of Singapore From Swampland To Skyscrapers (pictures) / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by DIVINE78: 9:38am On Sep 19, 2013
geeez: I really can't wait for the Eko Atlantic city

It's the real breath of fresh air

At least there is visible development around us and we see where all the tax money is going on roads, transportation, security, health, education etc

Thank you brother. I'm with you. Imagine somebody like Fashola (regardless of the region he comes from) ruling Nigeria!!! There are people like Fashola in all states in Nigeria but they don't get anywhere because most states celebrate cluelessness.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Austeenxx: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2013
Wow! Really?
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by eluquenson(m): 9:40am On Sep 19, 2013
When people begin to compete with others in the
construction of Taller Buildings (Bukhari)

E.T.T.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Hoodrat(m): 9:43am On Sep 19, 2013
What happened to the common 24 klm lagos rail line after 8 years of noise making in the papers and nairaland. fashola promises of june.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by 3ace(m): 9:48am On Sep 19, 2013
Also, during the courtesy visit Fashola
said that the reclaiming of the 10,
000, 000 square meters, to build the
Eko Atlantic City, was a battle
between man and nature.
And I hope nature won't retaliate in future. I am beginning to imagine how that place will look like; 1200 skyscrapers? Wow! It's gonna be magnificent. Ride on Fash!
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by danot1030: 9:48am On Sep 19, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Okay. I'm all for it if it provides for the poor or middle-class. Otherwise I should complain this gives some credence to the claim that Fashola runs an elitist government.
d claim is obvious, dat is his vision.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Kairoseki77: 9:49am On Sep 19, 2013
Hoodrat: What happened to the common 24 klm lagos rail line after 8 years of noise making in the papers and nairaland. fashola promises of june.

It is still on track (pun intended). The project was originally supposed to be completed this year, but they pushed it back by six months because the State Government decided to train 10,000 indigenous construction workers to work on the project instead of importing skilled workers.

The project is just about complete.

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Chiscomax(m): 9:52am On Sep 19, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 19, 2013
The folly of sand filling the ocean !
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by 3ace(m): 9:54am On Sep 19, 2013
Danhumprey :
Let's just hope that the housing estates are not made for the
exclusive reserve of the rich,otherwise,that
would be anti-people.
You can't rule this out. My major concern and prayer is for God to bless me so that I can enjoy things like this.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Cleanman(m): 10:10am On Sep 19, 2013
PvtParts: The folly of sand filling the ocean !

You finally made it here....oya make una clear road let the beefing start..
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Lilchilz(m): 10:19am On Sep 19, 2013
Chiscomax: know someone will soon say "click like ".. hmmm.. let us stop this right now. press the LIKE botton so hard so that it dies and no one would be able to tell us to click like again.

let us start now!! click the like botton very hard angry
shey like na food?? I tire for u oo....u beta qo beq ur head.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Afam4eva(m): 10:22am On Sep 19, 2013
Pls, how many skyscrapers does NYC have? This seems like a tall order and will definitely be a landmark achievement for any government in the world.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Chiscomax(m): 10:31am On Sep 19, 2013
Lil chilz: shey like na food?? I tire for u oo....u beta qo beq ur head.

k
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 19, 2013
Afam4eva: Pls, how many skyscrapers does NYC have? This seems like a tall order and will definitely be a landmark achievement for any government in the world.

WHY Did you hide my post?

You this LASG eCivil Servant
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 19, 2013
I so much love this project and can't wait to see it materialise.

But the question that bothers ma mind is who will build all those skyscrapers and those fancy fancy structures i saw in the Architect impressions of the city? What happens if the next government of Lagos does not share this vision? Is it fashioned in such a way that the private interests in the project will continue even if the government shows little or no interest?
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 19, 2013
Johnpaul88: I so much love this project and can't wait to see it materialise.

But the question that bothers ma mind is who will build all those skyscrapers and those fancy fancy structures i saw in the Architect impressions of the city? What happens if the next government of Lagos does not share this vision? Is it fashioned in such a way that the private interests in the project will continue even if the government shows little or no interest?

How about ocean surge

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Originalsly: 10:47am On Sep 19, 2013
1200 skyscrapers to solve the housing problem? Is he trying to make the biggest Housing Project in the world? Why on reclaimed land?....when everyone is warning about rising oceans and seeing the increasing intensity of storms?...and the resulting damage, death and devastation? How wise is it to now be talking about a battle with nature and building on the ocean's turf? Knowing the excellent culture of maintenance and the very low costs of contracts such a project would be a money sponge. Of all the other infrastructure and other problems this has to take priority and whether or not it makes sense...serve the intended purpose or not....the most important thing is that we would have something to boast about.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 19, 2013
Originalsly: 1200 skyscrapers to solve the housing problem? Is he trying to make the biggest Housing Project in the world? Why on reclaimed land?....when everyone is warning about rising oceans and seeing the increasing intensity of storms?...and the resulting damage, death and devastation? How wise is it to now be talking about a battle with nature and building on the ocean's turf? Knowing the excellent culture of maintenance and the very low costs of contracts such a project would be a money sponge. Of all the other infrastructure and other problems this has to take priority and whether or not it makes sense...serve the intended purpose or not....the most important thing is that we would have something to boast about.

Drum Roll Please!

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 19, 2013
PvtParts:

How about ocean surge
But the experts have assured that it wouldn't be a problem. Are you an expert?

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by MostIncredibleDFirst: 11:13am On Sep 19, 2013
POSTED ON WEDNESDAY,
SEPTEMBER 18TH, 2013
By Gbenga Faturoti / Osogbo

Governor Godswill Akpabio of
Akwa Ibom State has become the first Nigerian to be conferred with the Distinguished Manager of the Year award by the
Nigerian Institute of
Management (NIM) (Chartered).
Last year, the institute had conferred the governor with a
fellowship award in
acknowledgment of his public good governance profile in Akwa Ibom.
The President and Chairman of
Council of Nigerian Institute of
Management, Michael Olawale- Cole, who presented the award
to the governor at a Gala Nite to round off activities of this year’s conference of the Institute in
Uyo, noted, “You are the first person to receive this in the 52
years of Nigerian Institute of
Management existence. “We want to celebrate you for
what you are doing. Those of you who are here for the first
time or who have been here for a while have seen the great work that this distinguished Nigerian has done for this great State”.
Olawale-Cole noted that he was amazed at the level of
transformation in Akwa Ibom State brought into existence by
the Akpabio administration in
the last six years.
“What I have seen here is a shocker to me. I am from Lagos
State and I know that my governor is doing his very best in
Lagos State. But what I have seen here is shocking to me and I said it. I was once in government- in
finance and works; therefore I should know what it means to govern well. The best is yet to
come for you. A man who has governed a state very well is also
able to govern Nigeria very well,”
the President said.
Responding, Akpabio thanked NIM for finding him worthy of the inaugural award of
Distinguished Manager of the
Year, describing the award as uncommon.
“I was coming to meet an uncommon award, given to an
uncommon governor at a very uncommon time in an uncommon retreat, talking about
uncommon transformation in a
state that showcases uncommon
transformation”, the governor stated. www.dailyindependentnig.com/2013/09/akpabio-bags-nims-first-distinguished-manager-of-the-year-award/
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 19, 2013
Johnpaul88: But the experts have assured that it wouldn't be a problem. Are you an expert?

Which experts? The same consultancy experts that got paid to sand fill the ocean?

What led to the beach front erosion in the first place? Hasn't there been consistent ocean surges over the years?

If Scientists globally are ascertaining to the evidence of global warming, polar ice melts and increasing sea-level heights that threaten coastal regions globally within the next 20 years which nonsense expert advice will state the contrary.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 19, 2013
shymexx: Big dreams but anything is possible.

However, if completed, this would end up as one of the wonders of the world.

1,200 skyscrapers is no joke.
it will be the second city in the world with most skyscrapers hong Kong will still be no 1 with 2400skyscrappers
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 19, 2013
PvtParts:

Which experts? The same consultancy experts that got paid to sand fill the ocean?

What led to the beach front erosion in the first place? Hasn't there been consistent ocean surges over the years?

If Scientists globally are ascertaining to the evidence of global warming, polar ice melts and increasing sea-level heights that threaten coastal regions globally within the next 20 years which nonsense expert advice will state the contrary.
they would have considered all that before they embark on such project, stop arguing like caveman.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by MiguelMi6(m): 11:25am On Sep 19, 2013
A thousand Two Hundred High Rise Buildings.That's a wonder to behold.that place would rock africa.
I'm buying my space next month,

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2013
9jadelta: they would have considered all that before they embark in such project, stop arguing like caveman.

Yes they would have if it was a sane and normal country and the project was not facilitated by pure profit and greed.

Stop being a Neanderthal.

ode!

Coastline Erosion Due to Rise in Sea Level Greater Than Previously Thought, New Model Finds
Sep. 4, 2012 —

A new model is allowing researchers at UNESCO-IHE, TU Delft and Deltares to predict coastline erosion due to rising sea levels much more accurately. It would appear that the effects of coastline erosion as a result of rising sea-level rise in the vicinity of inlets, such as river estuaries, have until now been dramatically underestimated.

The scientists have published their research in the Sept. 2 online edition of Nature Climate Change.
Coastline recession
The anticipated rise in sea levels due to climate change will result in coastlines receding worldwide through erosion. This is a known phenomenon that can in principle be calculated and predicted based on a given sea-level rise, by means of the so-called Bruun effect.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/09/120904100145.htm

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by gbishman: 11:31am On Sep 19, 2013
This is a visionary governor why dnt we niegrians expunge from our mind ans system that u have to be in a party to vote for a person. This governor is a clear example of a leader whose taking the plight of the people as first priority rather than fight for power that u know nuffin abt its end case and point late Agagu who slumped and died. We should adopt the philosophy that when one is alive or in a position of authority he should do all that he can do to live a lasting legacy rather monkey around. Fashola pls declare your intension for presidency u have Nigerians support.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 19, 2013
PvtParts:

Yes they would have if it was a sane and normal country and the project was not facilitated by pure profit and greed.

Stop being a Neanderthal.
Coastline recession
[b]The anticipated rise in sea levels due to climate change will result in coastlines receding worldwide m
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 19, 2013
Tis a nice devlopment. Good riddance 2 overpopulation in lag. I hope the development benefits those low class people dat need it most.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Formed To Install A Northerner As President - EDWIN CLARK / NOI POLL: Nigerians Rate Osinbajo Higher Than Buhari / Blockade: Meat Scarcity, High Food Prices Persist In Lagos, Ibadan, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.