Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers (18310 Views)

Transformation Of Singapore From Swampland To Skyscrapers (pictures) / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by richoko60: 11:49am On Sep 19, 2013
Rossikk:

Lagos Island IS ''downtown''. What are you talking about?
Lagos Island isn't downtown, what the guy meant if we have our downtown like yaba, surulere, ikeja etc
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Horus(m): 11:55am On Sep 19, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GknxEm5zXzY

Eko Atlantic City Half Way To Complete
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 19, 2013
PvtParts:

Yes they would have if it was a sane and normal coud the project was not facilitated by pure profit and greed.

Stop being a Neanderthal.
dude, I don't have time for long blind argument.

this is a multi billion dollars project, not drainage or fly over project in Ibadan or akwa ibom
it's not just a project that one redundant engineering company would carry out.
you think government will be so daft to risk over 250000 lives and all that money nothin? you think private investors in the project will like to throw tgeir monies into the ocean because it feels good to do so?

dude, think before u type.
do some research about the project.
this is the biggest project in west Africa right now if not Africa.
stop arguing unnecessarily.

am out yo!

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2013
9jadelta: dude, I don't have time for long blind argument.

this is a multi billion dollars project, not drainage or fly over project in Ibadan or akwa ibom
you think government will be so daft to risk over 250000 lives and all that money nothin? you think private investors in the project will like to throw tgeir monies into the ocean because it feels good to do so?

am out yo!

Don't say I did not warn you.

Now you make me feel like Noah himself!

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by jobaskia(m): 12:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
It's really a noble and fantastic idea but at times we build , invent , develop things that tend to destroy us.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by turawafett(f): 12:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
Most people here are armchair theories, Burj Al Arab was Built in the middle of Gulf, and the success gave birth to many artificial Islands in Dubai making United Arab Emirate despite being an Islamic country to be one of the countries to visit in the world.

What I expect to read here as comment it's what technology expects and environmental expects things about the project, the reason why it should be or not to be with concrete reasons.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
9jadelta: it will be the second city in the world with most skyscrapers hong Kong will still be no 1 with 2400skyscrappers

I know, hence why I think 1,200 skyscrapers is very ambitious. But anything is possible - they just need tons of investors and multinationals to pull it off. And if they can pull it off, Lagos would definitely become one of the wonders of the world with the best skyline in Africa.

I hope it happens!

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
9jadelta: dude, I don't have time for long blind argument.

am out yo!

Bruv, why are you wasting your time on that bigot?

He's from the eastern part of the Niger river and his innate hatred for Lagos is the source of his acute depression.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Revolva(m): 12:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
;D1200 what heeeey naija dey climb ladder from the top......siging timaya ekulu demba......wtf....when people are hungry
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
So Mod why would you hide my response post to this nonsense and still leave it.

shymexx:

He's from the eastern part of the Niger river and his innate hatred for Lagos is the source of his acute depression.
God go punish all of una for this Nairaland Asiwaju company
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by lukaino(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
WHAT IS THE PLACE OF THE POOR AND MIDDLE CLASS IN ALL OF THIS?
He (Fashola) said there is a need for shelter for 5 million Lagosians. My question to him is, what is the breakdown of this figure? what percentage of the figure is rich, Poor, Middle class.
We just need to be sincere with ourselves in this country. we need to tell each other the truth.
The poor masses are only useful for forming long queues under the heat of scorching sun to cast votes during elections.

Kudos to Shagari,Gowon and Jakande who brought up real solutions to housing problem through provision of affordable housing schemes.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
@Pvtparts

^^^Can you post in English, peasant?

I'm allergic to dyslexic slobbering re.tards! undecided
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by olivertwist: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
To all doubting THOMASES, remember that ROME or DUBAI wasn't built In a day.

No amount of negativity can stop us.

Welldone my governor. We progressives are right behind you Sir.

Eko o ni baje

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by waldigit: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
shymexx:

I think even though you may be right, the guys opinion may be invaluable to guide us incase we may be tempted to throw caution to wind. Project of that magnitude has a grave environmental impact implications. If the city is developed like others before it in lagos state there may be no guarantee that the prediction of environmental holocaust on lagos shall be imminent.I am an expert on this subject, and I know the problem in the planning process of this project shall be at implementation stage when powers that be shall begin to set aside the reconmmendations of experts to allocate resources to their own favour. even the almighty abuja got its master plan distorted by the powers that be. But in the case of this project the caution should be the nature of the project site location and the attendant environmental challenges.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2013
shymexx: @Pvtparts

^^^Can you post in English, peasant?

I'm allergic to dyslexic slobbering re.tards! undecided

see this subway staff

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by justhelp(m): 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
PvtParts: So Mod why would you hide my response post to this nonsense and still leave it.

God go punish all of una for this Nairaland Asiwaju company
seriously your have a damage brain, a sick heart and loose hand, must you curse everybody on NL to reply a an individual post ? Surely you are from a hopeless and wasted people.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
Common sense is not common.

The site of the Eko-Atlantic has over the years witnessed unprecedented coastal erosion and ocean surge brought about by climate change and other anthropological factors like the draining and sand filling of the Lekki wetlands and Barrier reefs.

Most parts of Victoria Island are below sea-level. If you stand at Bonny Camp, you could see the ocean surface which indicates that much of Ozumba and Ahmed Bello are below the water line.

Unprecedented levels of rainfall, urbanization and channeling of artificial canals into the adjourning Lagoon is set to increase the tidal flows from this estuary. The sand filled project was conceived on the East Mole Light House which was an artificial reef barring the Atlantic from the Lagoon.

If the Ocean doesn't get you then constant and increasing Lagoon flows due to heavy rainfall and canal channeling will cause a major breach of the integrity of the reclaimed coastal shelf.

You may think you are safe now but once buildings start popping up how would you accommodate for drainage in an area that is just several inches above the ocean surface?

I don't care if the project works or not but if areas such as Lekki are experiencing floods and ocean surges what chance does a poorly conceived and reclaimed coastal bed stand?

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by UyiIredia(m): 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
Ajibel: Eko-atlantic city wasnt built for the poor buh the upper middle class and elites iThink. You dont expect those iya olojas, meruwas and artisans to inhabit there And what stops the poor from striving to be wealthy I've never understood what people mean by anti-poor embarassed

@ bolded: It's the striving that's the problem. With it they're still poor. Without it, they'll die without charity or some means of feeding. It's called the rat race where one is stuck in a loop in a social class because his level of expenditure eats up one's level of income.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Abariwiseman: 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
another white elephant project , to follow the likes of
metro light railway, Lagos -Badagry expressway, Lagos waste-power station, e.tc
Eko don baje

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by UyiIredia(m): 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
malc619:

The 150,000 people who are going to get employment are all going to be Politicians, Captains of industries and their cronies...... Right??

I wonder how some of you think....

I see. In a system where such poor and middle class are exploited in pay, at greater risk due inflation and don't have a suitable standard of living, especially in the form of well-built, low-cost housing estates (which was the provision I was alluding to) I should be concerned. I also would wonder how you think: like a blind capitalist who believes his provision of labour while giving workers pay which would be paltry profit to him, whilst maximizing profits given the greater leverage more wealth affords, would think he does the poor and middle class a service whereas he's part of a system of economic waste were acceptable living isn't evenly distributed.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by iterator25: 1:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
Abariwiseman: another white elephant project , to follow the likes of
metro light railway, Lagos -Badagry expressway, Lagos waste-power station, e.tc
Eko don baje
before your pop c born you and after he born you, wetin una don commission for this life wey una enter so? sad
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by olivertwist: 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
It's now I understand what 'Crying More Than The Bereaved' means.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
lagos will dssappear from d surface of d earth in 40 years from now . go to Netherland and see what billions of euros did to save d entire nation from ocean surge . the done die tire before ther brave engineers did something even as dat d the situation is still dicey. the world can wake up and see everyone perish alive n dat country not to talk of common lagos in naija

i pity lagos unborn generations
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by jonexty(m): 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
Danhumprey: Here is a man who deserve to be President of this nation. He is simply innovative and forward-thinking. He think about the future. Unlike the current President who is deeply embroiled in a crisis with his party,thereby neglecting important national issues like ASUU strike,unemployment,housing problems,Fashola is thinking of ways to solve some of these problems within the limit of his power. Let's just hope that the housing estates are not made for the exclusive reserve of the rich,otherwise,that would be anti-people.
hmm fashola is d President of his family already. He wants to build such thing in an insecured country. Boko haram go use d building do experiment.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by alexarelano(m): 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2013
moscobabs: At the END of this project,TIME and Money would have been wasted on this THING called Eko Atlantic City.Then the Ocean would ready to take over its space back.
bad boy cheesy cheesy
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by anayonduba(m): 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
HUH. 1200 FLOOD FLUSHER, WHETHER NA OFE, ABO, OR AJE..... BRING IT ON SHARPLY.... HOPE THE ORIENT MILLIONAIRES ARE READY, COS WE NEED TO BUY THEM UP. IF U LIKE TELL ME TO GO BACK TO MY VILLAGE, ALL I KNOW AND WHAT I KNOW IS THAT THE THREAD IS TOO DULL, NEED TO SPICE IT UP. YOU RECOVER LAND, WE BUILD..... IF NOT IT WILL BECOME ANOTHER FASHTHIEFNUBU WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECT.
aLTERNATIVELY, ON A BETTER NOTE, THAT MONEY SHOULD BE CHANNELED TO THE CLEAN WATERLESS POPULATION.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by ba7man(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
PvtParts: Common sense is not common.

The site of the Eko-Atlantic has over the years witnessed unprecedented coastal erosion and ocean surge brought about by climate change and other anthropological factors like the draining and sand filling of the Lekki wetlands and Barrier reefs.

Most parts of Victoria Island are below sea-level. If you stand at Bonny Camp, you could see the ocean surface which indicates that much of Ozumba and Ahmed Bello are below the water line.

Unprecedented levels of rainfall, urbanization and channeling of artificial canals into the adjourning Lagoon is set to increase the tidal flows from this estuary. The sand filled project was conceived on the East Mole Light House which was an artificial reef barring the Atlantic from the Lagoon.

If the Ocean doesn't get you then constant and increasing Lagoon flows due to heavy rainfall and canal channeling will cause a major breach of the integrity of the reclaimed coastal shelf.

You may think you are safe now but once buildings start popping up how would you accommodate for drainage in an area that is just several inches above the ocean surface?

I don't care if the project works or not but if areas such as Lekki are experiencing floods and ocean surges what chance does a poorly conceived and reclaimed coastal bed stand?

How many times will it be explained that the project was concieved to stop V.I from being washed away. Without it, V.I will currently be under-water.

Or are you now smarter than the Foreign professionals that performed the E.I.A The people that are involved in this project are far smarter than you concerning this project and have thought far ahead of your negatively inspired assumptions.

A wall of rocks( The Wall of lagos) rises from the sea floor in a triangular shape to hold back the sands. Are you not aware that portions of Netherlands is below sea-level.

If the developers of Dubai were thinking like you, iconic projects like the "World Islands" and "Palm Island" wouldn't exist.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
Lets take this one at a time...

ba7man:

If the developers of Dubai were thinking like you, iconic projects like the "World Islands" and "Palm Island" wouldn't exist.

Dubai coastal front is not the same as the tropical coast of Lagos.

Dubai water front never experienced coastal erosion.

Dubai water depth near the coast is far lower than that of the Lagos front.

Dubai coastal waters contain low lying sand shoals.

Dubai coastal front does not have to deal with large volumes of rain and drainage from the mainland due to lower precipitation, natural rivers and the permeable desert surface which absorbs the little rain that they have.

ba7man:

A wall of rocks( The Wall of lagos) rises from the sea floor in a triangular shape to hold back the sands. Are you not aware that portions of Netherlands is below sea-level.

Which wall? They just sand filled the place with dredged sand from the adjourning ocean bed.

There is no sophisticated dyke system in place like what you have in Holland.

The sand filling could buy V.I. some time for now but eventually it will be washed away within 10 to 15 yrs.

Quote me.

And finally on this point, the truth remains that the primary motive for wasting tax payers money on this folly enterprise is to create a property rush and speculation. The plots have already been divided to most of it going to Herr Tinibu and his cronies.

When no significant investor puts his money down, then the whole Eko Atlantic will eventual go bust.

It is already happening in Dubai with a property bust. What will make investors come and invest in one of the world's most unlivable city in front of a raging Atlantic?

ba7man: How many times will it be explained that the project was concieved to stop V.I from being washed away. Without it, V.I will currently be under-water.

Or are you now smarter than the Foreign professionals that performed the E.I.A The people that are involved in this project are far smarter than you concerning this project and have thought far ahead of your negatively inspired assumptions.
Yes I am at the same time Not.

I am smart to know that this project will not make it (financially) and also is doomed to the Atlantic bed. But the expats were smart enough to con the con men into thinking they have a viable business estate.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by mdyo99: 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
We don't have place in Nigeria to call a downtown. The only countries that have a downtown in Africa are: South Africa, Egypt and possibly Ethiopia.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by hunter21(m): 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
it is obvious that some people don't know the difference between dredging and sandfilling.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Accused Of Destroying Ohafia Communities In Abia / Bola Tinubu Speaking Live At Chatham House / Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.