Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,406 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? (27805 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 / Top 100 Universities And Polytechnics In Nigeria- August, 2013 Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by jmoore(m): 1:07am On Sep 19, 2013
None and I'm just being patriotic. smiley
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by mauricerex: 1:08am On Sep 19, 2013
Hey came down, let's stop fooling ourselves on nigeria university would be on that list unless we change our past from ASSU'S STRIKE for needs to ASSU'S STRIKE for schools unwilling to graduate student with at least 60 first class... You can add yours

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by adepojuis: 1:10am On Sep 19, 2013
*D manifesto has just began*
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by sushieater: 1:15am On Sep 19, 2013
UNIQUE UNIPORT !!

grin
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by druid06(m): 1:18am On Sep 19, 2013
None
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Richy4(m): 1:22am On Sep 19, 2013
None. the one I graduated from here in Australia did not even make the 300 in the world. it is still at 341 in the world. yea they got every thing u can think of. so if the op think there should be a Nigerian University on 100 list, he should rethink.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 19, 2013
Uyi Iredia: 'There are only two universities in the world: Covenant university and all others.'
- Bishop David Oyedepo (edited)
this thread is for actual universities not prisons disguised as universities.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by JOYCEOUS(f): 1:38am On Sep 19, 2013
blink182: this thread is for actual universities not prisons disguised as universities.
grin
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Ajibam: 1:40am On Sep 19, 2013
Funaab dey there...wats uniben??
Full of beautiful ladies but bad character and low craniac capacity

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by tobezekiel(f): 1:46am On Sep 19, 2013
blink182: this thread is for actual universities not prisons disguised as universities.
I can see where your "actual" university has taken u..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by kavey10(m): 1:53am On Sep 19, 2013
Dumb topic on frontpage. This 'suggest a topic for frontpage' ish in the Education Section is not an opportunity to paste every dumb topic on the frontpage jor!

#FilterDemMore
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by ocheejemb: 1:58am On Sep 19, 2013
First of all, you should attend any of these top 100 unis and see what the difference is. You will agree that no Nigeriian Uni can make the list, and especially NEVER a public one at that. Just not possible

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Odunharry(m): 2:00am On Sep 19, 2013
U.I

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by vladimiros: 2:02am On Sep 19, 2013
NONE
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Miracleojo(m): 2:05am On Sep 19, 2013
no nigeria uni deserves to be in the 1st hundred in the world but as far as nigeria is concern I respect five universities on three bases

- the quality of graduates
- the experience and qualification of academic staff
- coñdition of learning
I would rank them as thus

1...THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN (UI)
2..OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY(OAU)
3.. AHMODU BELLO UNIVERSITY(ABU)
4..UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS (UNILAG)
5..UNIVERSITY OF BENIN(UNIBEN)

these universities cannot be out of 1-7 th in nigeria no matter ur source(s) of ranking......
post different ranking and source to confirm disprove me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by agabaI23(m): 2:07am On Sep 19, 2013
Top hundred in the world no be beans. Very few UK unis are there. Nigeria Unis are far far away.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by moshino(m): 2:08am On Sep 19, 2013
Red_Card: Earlier this month, a list of the World's Top 100 Universities was published (anyone who can post a link to the list should do it please because I don't know how to create a link). As usual, universities in the US lead the list followed by the UK universities.

Universities in Canada, Japan, China as well as Australlian Universities all made the list. I don't think an African University had a spot on that list.....you guys should correct me if am wrong. I haven't been to the US or UK but I believe some of the Universities they listed are no longer as good as they used to be which is why Oxford didn't take take the number one spot.

Some of the schools might have been overrated. While I believe Unilag, Uniuyo, FUTO and even Unizik my dream Uni are overhyped and undersevedly glorified, I still think a Nigerian University deserves atleast a mention. Even when top African Universities are mentioned, Nigerian Universities are usually left out or placed at the bottom of the list but I don't think we are that bad.

I think it's high time they place a Nigerian Uni on the top 100 Universities list even if it would be at the bottom. I don't know what you guys think but am voting Uniben. I think they deserve an honorary mention.

Next time, we'll be talking about good and bad Nigerian school hostels.

I'm sorry to tell you this; By the standard of Universities in North America, Europe and Asia, there is NO university in Nigeria! You will NOT understand this until you actually attend a university for just one semester in these places I referenced. But, it is also very sad and unfortunate for Nigeria I must say. Nigeria had excellent universities until the eighties, beyond that, what you call university in Nigeria will not qualify as a high school in the places I mentioned, both in content and context.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Cubeet: 2:09am On Sep 19, 2013
I think UNIPETROL should be among
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 19, 2013
[size=13pt]NONE!! As in no fvcking one!!![/size]
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by nijanigga: 2:24am On Sep 19, 2013
A nation that is rattled with CORRUPTION at all levels. The rate of "expo" is at an unprecedented level. A very simple yard stick is to compare university graduates of 1970's and early 80's to the present, anywhere, anytime, the former came on top. Then, there were no strikes, no crash programs, expo was at the minimal level. Emphasis wasn't placed on certificates, but on what you can produce. Let's face facts, many of Nigerian universities are glorified secondary school. Imagine a 400 level engineering student can't simplify x^2/x . Exams in Nigeria are always back to sender, no critical or innovative thinking, wait until you study abroad before you see what I'm talking. In advanced countries kids aged 6,7,8,9 use mini computers to aid them in learning, and that's how they keep building on previous knowledge. They don't expect you to be intelligent to earn a decent university degree, experience is a big tool. If you ask a Nigerian lecturer something he doesn't know, instead of admitting, he will be babbling and beating around the bush. As far as I'm concerned, no Nigerian university should make the first 1000 on the list.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by nijanigga: 2:25am On Sep 19, 2013
moshino:

I'm sorry to tell you this; By the standard of Universities in North America, Europe and Asia, there is NO university in Nigeria! You will NOT understand this until you actually attend a university for just one semester in these places I referenced. But, it is also very sad and unfortunate for Nigeria I must say. Nigeria had excellent universities until the eighties, beyond that, what you call university in Nigeria will not qualify as a high school in the places I mentioned, both in content and context.
Boy! as if we have same mind.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by nijanigga: 2:28am On Sep 19, 2013
Not when you go class on 0-1-0. An empty stomach can't think.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by nijanigga: 2:35am On Sep 19, 2013
Here is another reason: Greed "UK court sees jailed Nigerian ex-governor's opulent palace".
http://news.yahoo.com/uk-court-sees-jailed-nigerian-ex-governors-opulent-151735156.html
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 19, 2013
UNIZIK remains my best. There, you will be trained both educationally and SOCIALLY(very important). I remember how we used to climb tipper to school during exam periods grin. No ajibo for unizik. We schooled the hard way and the experience I acquired helped me achieve success in life. I am a giant indeed and a fine boy by identity cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by idris4r83(m): 3:17am On Sep 19, 2013
ABU Zaria.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by bakynes(m): 3:40am On Sep 19, 2013
Make we no deceive ourselves for this country,Our University Education don Pafuka The university I attended in the UK sef no dey the top 100 though reach 240+. The last I heard convenant University was ranked 3rd best in Africa and U.I best in Nigeria was ranked at about 6000th in the world. What do we expect there are better universities in the US,UK,Canada,Australia,New Zealand,India,Asia in general,Europe in General,North America,South Africa. So any Nigerian University is far far away.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by valemtech(m): 3:46am On Sep 19, 2013
futo for real

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by larryshow4(m): 4:44am On Sep 19, 2013
The same schools that are on strike or the ones that are privately built to cut off heads abi? grin grin PUT LASU OR OOU NAU!!! NONE DESERVES IT... OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IS TRASH... You don't expect such on the list at all.. TOP 100,000 NO HOPE STILL.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Gwizatasie: 5:00am On Sep 19, 2013
Sylvalord1: Placing a nigerian university among the top 100 universities in d world can't happen in this generation

REASONS
1)no African university is among d top 100 in d world

2)no Nigerian university is among d top 6000 in d world

3)Nigerian universities are rated low in Africa

4)no Nigerian university deserves to be among d top 500 in d world(I mean currently)

so we still av a long way to go

#dazall
oga park well..when did u review the last webometrics ranking?oau ui unilag unn and funaab made the first 2500.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Gwizatasie: 5:11am On Sep 19, 2013
Miracleojo: no nigeria uni deserves to be in the 1st hundred in the world but as far as nigeria is concern I respect five universities on three bases

- the quality of graduates
- the experience and qualification of academic staff
- coñdition of learning
I would rank them as thus

1...THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN (UI)
2..OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY(OAU)
3.. AHMODU BELLO UNIVERSITY(ABU)
4..UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS (UNILAG)
5..UNIVERSITY OF BENIN(UNIBEN)

these universities cannot be out of 1-7 th in nigeria no matter ur source(s) of ranking......
post different ranking and source to confirm disprove me
the best 5uni i naija are oau ui unilag unn and funaab..source;webometrics ranking.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 19, 2013
For the records, a list of world's top 1,000 universities were released and non was nigerian.

Blame it on APC...
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by mustaphagreens(m): 6:10am On Sep 19, 2013
why has noone mentioned uniport?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Physically Challenged Maths Teacher Who Uses Crutches Shows His Football Skills / David Aremu Oluwafemi, Lecturer In Gay Scandal At College Of Agriculture, Ibadan / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Western Education?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.