Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,431 members, 7,812,279 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? (27803 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 / Top 100 Universities And Polytechnics In Nigeria- August, 2013 Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by piagetskinner(m): 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
Cubeet: I think UNIPETROL should be among
UNiPETRoL ko, UnIkeRoSene ni
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by dannysoya: 12:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
LOL I think some of us are a bit deluded here. No single Nigerian University deserves to be in the top 3000 universities in the world. EVERY SINGLE ONE is below standard compared to even some universities in Africa. South African Universities are infinitely better. If we can't even rule Africa then don't even go near European and North American Universities. Even the best private university in Nigeria cannot compete with the standard of mid-level European Universities. Top 100? HAHA. please don't make me laugh. They don't shut down school because the teachers are not being paid any salary or shut down school because it is plagued with serious issues of cultism and gangs. It's only in Nigerian Universities that people are treated like they are two year olds. Stupid rules like no jeans, no cellphones, you can't do certain kinds of hairstyles, have to go for assembly, LMAO. Wake up and smell the coffee, the educational system in our country is finished. We have to start from scratch.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by piagetskinner(m): 12:40pm On Sep 19, 2013
tjfulloption: [b][/b] USMAN DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO.
Say wha....??
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Sagamite(m): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
Red_Card: Earlier this month, a list of the World's Top 100 Universities was published (anyone who can post a link to the list should do it please because I don't know how to create a link). As usual, universities in the US lead the list followed by the UK universities.

Universities in Canada, Japan, China as well as Australlian Universities all made the list. I don't think an African University had a spot on that list.....you guys should correct me if am wrong. I haven't been to the US or UK but I believe some of the Universities they listed are no longer as good as they used to be which is why Oxford didn't take take the number one spot.

Some of the schools might have been overrated. While I believe Unilag, Uniuyo, FUTO and even Unizik my dream Uni are overhyped and undersevedly glorified, I still think a Nigerian University deserves atleast a mention. Even when top African Universities are mentioned, Nigerian Universities are usually left out or placed at the bottom of the list but I don't think we are that bad.

I think it's high time they place a Nigerian Uni on the top 100 Universities list even if it would be at the bottom. I don't know what you guys think but am voting Uniben. I think they deserve an honorary mention.

Next time, we'll be talking about good and bad Nigerian school hostels.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You surely are reetarded! grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by piagetskinner(m): 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2013
151487made: who dey always mention unilorin-2month semester 6month break
Its 4months per semester,4months break...get ur facts right before talkin pooo..all the Way BEtter BY faR##

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by piagetskinner(m): 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
Samgreguc:
webmotrics' criteria is based on how much time the universities are being searched on web.
Don't get it twisted!
$EcoNdeD!
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by NwaAnambra(m): 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
University of Nigeria shud definitely be there. check our products and testify.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by turawafett(f): 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2013
SUBMARINE: @TURAWAFETT I disagree with you because Ghana and our private Unis have better learning condition. To me the major things are 1) What new knowledge have the Unis discovered 2) What military or civilian products can they produce/innovate. 3) Others

I've visit the Almighty university of Legion, nothing really fantastic, despite the fact that Nigeria does not have constant electricity University of Lagos library has 24 hours and most strategic places on campus. Now back to the Question itself, Most private University does not have good lecturer, federal Universities just like federal and state hospitals has the best set of Doctor's.
Their learning environment is okay to our own standard but not up to international standard.

Private university are glorified secondary school as far as i'm concern.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by turawafett(f): 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
Davo93: My dear sister, your future is brighter than you think... See beyond Nigeria.

You are partially right base on the angle you look at it but no one has it all. Learning in Nigeria educational environment has its own advantage ooo, while schooling abroad has its own advantage too, It's very easier for a child who did his primary education and high school education in Nigeria to adapt to system of education in anypart of the world than for those who school abroad to adapt to our educational system.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by magnificentsk(m): 1:30pm On Sep 19, 2013
kai walai na lie

B U K

gbam.... ask profesor A JEGA, and ASUU president.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by ferdsmart(m): 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2013
ANSU and her incompleted buildings.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Davo93(m): 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
turawafett:

You are partially right base on the angle you look at it but no one has it all. Learning in Nigeria educational environment has its own advantage ooo, while schooling abroad has its own advantage too, It's very easier for a child who did his primary education and high school education in Nigeria to adapt to system of education in anypart of the world than for those who school abroad to adapt to our educational system.
Your right. Schooling in Nigeria is no problem but when we like say 'and forever', it scares! thats what am trying to indicate.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by piagetskinner(m): 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2013
firstjoe: BABCOCK UNI
Na BABhen
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by collinswealth: 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
convenant university
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Loonyy(m): 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
ABSU Umu Nnwaleeeeeeee!!! [b][/b] ABSU Umu Nnwaleeeeeeee
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by kingjoe(m): 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
i agree on the first four you mentioned but not uniben ,it is among first ten not five
Miracleojo: no nigeria uni deserves to be in the 1st hundred in the world but as far as nigeria is concern I respect five universities on three bases

- the quality of graduates
- the experience and qualification of academic staff
- coñdition of learning
I would rank them as thus

1...THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN (UI)
2..OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY(OAU)
3.. AHMODU BELLO UNIVERSITY(ABU)
4..UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS (UNILAG)
5..UNIVERSITY OF BENIN(UNIBEN)

these universities cannot be out of 1-7 th in nigeria no matter ur source(s) of ranking......
post different ranking and source to confirm disprove me
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by michealade(m): 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
i think oau,ui and unilag
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by michealade(m): 3:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
gidson02: story....keep living on past glory when new universities like Fulafia are doing great, no strike...everything are intact.
lol..everything are really intact..gbagaun..it shows aw good dey are
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by iamdsam: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
Non and @op not even your God forsaking UNIBEN that play runz backstage to admit students. Never!
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2013
alisigwe: Caritas university amorji nike enugu,school wiv a difference!
Is that not the name of a relief agency?
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
Nwa Anambra: University of Nigeria shud definitely be there. check our products and testify.
They all have cases with EFCC and ICPC.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by moshammed(m): 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
The university that will very soon Βξ ranked one of the best I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ЂΞ world i§ †ЂΞ better by far university, UNILORIN

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by PrinceAtitebi: 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
NOUN
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by wonukwuru(m): 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY (BIU) IS AMONG THE BEST.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Terye(m): 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
The Better by Far University... We don't talk much... Cuz we don't STRIKE.. Ask the ASUU president.. We don't do HorseSh!t....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by moshino(m): 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2013
obi123:

one semester is even too generous ,just attend their open day , where they give a tour and presentation on what the school has to offer and you will weep for Nigeria and her one million universities

You're damn right bro! And I weep to say this; No Nigerian "University" can even make the top 1,000 (One thousand) universities in the world, because there's just NO University in Nigeria that is minimum-world-class, both in content and context, indeed, this is very heartbreaking! Just Southwest College (A Junior College(2-year OND school in Nigerian parlance)) in Los Angeles, CA is a million times better than what they have in Nigeria as Universities, and Southwest College is NOT even a top-tier junior college.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by EduColombo(m): 7:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN)
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by siino(m): 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2013
B.U.K! All d way
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by BankuTilapia: 9:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
turawafett:

I've visit the Almighty university of Legion, nothing really fantastic, despite the fact that Nigeria does not have constant electricity University of Lagos library has 24 hours and most strategic places on campus. Now back to the Question itself, Most private University does not have good lecturer, federal Universities just like federal and state hospitals has the best set of Doctor's.
Their learning environment is okay to our own standard but not up to international standard.

Private university are glorified secondary school as far as i'm concern.

Ders no university in mumugeria betta dan university of Ghana so stop chirping. Nigeria unis are Jux a big massive public toilets. grin
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
My goshhh !!!! Where r d akokites? Last to comment e.....t..... ****
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by turawafett(f): 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Ders no university in mumugeria betta dan university of Ghana so stop chirping. Nigeria unis are Jux a big massive public toilets. grin

Don't ever disrespect my country on public forum, in Africa University ratings I do not see any Ghana university that comes before Nigeria. http://www.4icu.org/topAfrica/
You can Google for yourself, the economy of Ghana is even not up to the economy of Lagos. No be your fault na bad leadership cause am. Imagine a grow up like you calling a whole 160 million people mumu.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by oc2fish: 10:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
Can any one mention the name of any 9ija versity that boast of continous 5 hours of electricity per day in 12 days, tell me how you can carry out research work in such enveronment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Physically Challenged Maths Teacher Who Uses Crutches Shows His Football Skills / David Aremu Oluwafemi, Lecturer In Gay Scandal At College Of Agriculture, Ibadan / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Western Education?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.