Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia (31759 Views)

Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim World Beauty Pageant / Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by maclatunji: 12:49am On Sep 19, 2013
Umm Roqeeb: Congratu wetin? angry I'm a muslimah and I can boldy say this is an absolute rubbish!!!! My Islam does not support beauty contest. Your beauty as a woman is meant for your husband and not the world. My Islam does not support beauty advertisement!!!!!!!!!!! Rubbish!!!

Please insult the organizers and not ISLAM and other Muslims.

Even the comments on this thread make a mockery of the so-called aims of the competition. May Allah guide us in our affairs.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by sarutobie(m): 12:56am On Sep 19, 2013
A thread stinking with putrid hypocrisy..

1 Like

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by maclatunji: 12:57am On Sep 19, 2013
kulyie: why na? Afterall its not like they are wearing bikini and hijab.you nor even happy.what of if they did it like the real mbg,what will you people now do.at least you did not see them in tube gowns or spaghetti flashing their cleavages.what is bad there na

Even if they all wore burkhas. A beauty pageant is against the principles of Islam. It reduces women to objects. Just read comments on this thread. People don't care about her person anymore, only her looks.

3 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by bethnals: 1:00am On Sep 19, 2013
drnairalov: loool dis gurl black ooo...if dey shoot her..i cud bet that the bullet wud cum back and ask for torchlight

so what if shes black? Is this girl not black? and shes finer than 90% of the 'light' girls in Naija.

4 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by babsomotde(m): 1:01am On Sep 19, 2013
No shape or beauty. Well sha, I would love to host the Christian Beauty Pageant here in Nigeria. So, don't worry, Christianity is angelic and beautiful. No abuse meant.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by maclatunji: 1:01am On Sep 19, 2013
I hope she reads this thread so that she might do a self-evaluation of her beliefs as well as actions and see if they fit into Islam.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by bethnals: 1:04am On Sep 19, 2013
Anyway she should have worn Naija clothing now, not this 'Indian' style.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by maclatunji: 1:16am On Sep 19, 2013
Hello people,

Yes, you are in the Islam section, keep your comments within the rules because I do sanction people with little or no hesitation.

Thank you.

Continuing on the topic: I think Aisha got bitten by the "I wanna be famous" bug. Nothing wrong with that but don't make yourself an object of ridicule.

Majority of Non-Muslims won't be impressed neither will sincere Muslims. It really is sad that she will now be subjected to much ridicule on many fronts.

3 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 19, 2013
Absurd.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by highmood(m): 1:32am On Sep 19, 2013
Na WA oh! grin I wonder if na with the round about face nai the beauty de. cry

1 Like

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by mamagee3(f): 1:39am On Sep 19, 2013
Muslim Beauty Pageant? undecided

Can't people think about anything more than all these pageantry?

Miss Earth
Miss World
Miss Universe
Miss Africa
Miss Marina Resort
Miss Nigeria
Miss Beautiful Girl in Nigeria
Miss Muslim Beauty Pageant
Miss Purity (Pageantry for virgins). *rolls eyes*

Miss this, Miss that

My goodness!!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 1:39am On Sep 19, 2013
bethnals: Anyway she should have worn Naija clothing now, not this 'Indian' style.
abi o.if it is a world thing among all muslim ladies,she should have kuku represented her country cloth wise by putting on iro and buba with gele since she cant wear tubes,flash her breast,back or tummy and if she cant she can wear a gown made with ankara covering all the necesary parts so we will know its a religious thing which shouldnt even be brought to the media but restricted within the confines of muslim t.v stations,muslim bulletin and magazine because seriously if nin muslims see this,it will be a reason to ridicule her,islam and whatever she stands for
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 1:40am On Sep 19, 2013
Did she win a beauty contest or KORAN RECITATION CONTEST? I can't find any beauty oh!!!! Someone give me torchgringrincheesycheesy

5 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 1:44am On Sep 19, 2013
mama-gee:
Muslim Beauty Pageant? undecided

Can't people think about anything more than all these pageantry?

Miss Earth
Miss World
Miss Universe
Miss Africa
Miss Marina Resort
Miss Nigeria
Miss Beautiful Girl in Nigeria
Miss Muslim Beauty Pageant
Miss Purity (Pageantry for virgins). *rolls eyes*

Miss this, Miss that

My goodness!!! undecided
mr world nko grin if they want to do 'miss muslim' or whatever they call it,they should do 'mr muslim' they should display their 6 packs or if they cant,they should wear their attire,walk down the run way and lets see handsome muslim bobos.if they cant then i will know they are not practicing what they preach i.e double standards,sexism and seeing women only as 'objects' as maclatunji has said
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 1:46am On Sep 19, 2013
maclatunji: Hello people,

Yes, you are in the Islam section, keep your comments within the rules because I do sanction people with little or no hesitation.

Thank you.

Continuing on the topic: I think Aisha got bitten by the "I wanna be famous" bug. Nothing wrong with that but don't make yourself an object of ridicule.

Majority of Non-Muslims won't be impressed neither will sincere Muslims. It really is sad that she will now be subjected to much ridicule on many fronts.
tunji abeg take it easy o jare.oti tunde.so people cannot express themselves again.eyin ma buru gan o 8-)
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 19, 2013
busar: Subhanallah! Muslim pageant!! This is absurd and strange in islam.

Biko let us hear sumtin jor

The 20 finalists, who were all required to wear headscarves, put on a glittering show for the final of Muslimah World, strolling up and down a catwalk in elaborately embroidered dresses and stilettos.

Sexy!! grin

1 Like

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by tpia5: 2:36am On Sep 19, 2013
kulyie: mr world nko grin if they want to do 'miss muslim' or whatever they call it,they should do 'mr muslim' they should display their 6 packs or if they cant,they should wear their attire,walk down the run way and lets see handsome muslim bobos.if they cant then i will know they are not practicing what they preach

Mr muslim ko, mr muslim ni.

You wan take style check them out abi?

Na haram o!
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by naijaking1: 2:57am On Sep 19, 2013
Chinaimporter: This is the type you get in heaven

Yes, like 72 of them lined up for me at once!
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by kabba7(m): 3:25am On Sep 19, 2013
homesteady: Good for her! But seriously she's not pretty

Because she is not dressed naked and have to be tasted by judges before final.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 19, 2013
tpia@:

Mr muslim ko, mr muslim ni.

You wan take style check them out abi?

Na haram o!
gringrin yes na grin whatever is good for the goose should equally be good for the gander na.haba grin

*singing in sunny ade's voice* handsome handsome bobo,otilo fine ju grin ehen so who are the musicians they brought for the performance.is it iyanya,davido,wizkid abi awon international acts e.g lionel,robin thicke,bruno mars richie,sean paul,rihanna,lady gaga,mary j blidge,beyonce or adele to shake that buddy in a raunchy way grin abi won pe olorin ni grin 8-) if they didnt won fvk up gan :p
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 3:44am On Sep 19, 2013
kabba7:

Because she is not dressed naked and have to be tasted by judges before final.
*clears throat and rolls eyes* :> awon mr hypocrites titunde o :/ smh
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by chidijp1(m): 3:52am On Sep 19, 2013
This is no beauty contest but Hijab covering.

1 Like

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 3:56am On Sep 19, 2013
maclatunji:

Even the comments on this thread make a mockery of the so-called aims of the competition. May Allah guide us in our affairs.
ok,what are the AIMS of the competition o,tunji? Is it not to advertise themselves for prospective muslim suitors and admirers so that after the show,they will exchange numbers,visits and subsequently *coughs* lip sealed grin this is a muslim thread,let me reserve the rest imside my belly grin
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 19, 2013
maclatunji: I hope she reads this thread so that she might do a self-evaluation of her beliefs as well as actions and see if they fit into Islam.
whether she reads it or not,whether she does a self evaluation or not in the light of the islamic faith/koranic principles, THE DEED HAS BEEN DONE.it has entered the media already and her pictures are everywhere,she cannot wish it away again.i did not know aisha before,now i know her,courtesy miss muslim beauty contest.breeze don blow,we don see fowl nyash.at least whether they stop it or not,she has become the first nigeriam miss muslim.lobapari cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 19, 2013
maclatunji:

Yup! We told her friend the same thing when she came to Nairaland to ask for votes.

The girl is intelligent but if she is honest with herself, a beauty pageant is not compatible with the principles of Islam and what she stated as her goals for entering the competition which I have read.
ehen,i didnt see any link as to the reasons she went for the competition.oya pls post the link,let me read with my korokoro eye.i no want dem say dem say smiley
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Swiftboy(m): 4:58am On Sep 19, 2013
Well we should give them a break! Islam pageant is just to show that beauty pageant does not have to show beauty but to mock the half-naked idea portrays by the contempory beauty pageant which some of us are against.I only wonder if this will go down with extremists like BH.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by eggheaders(m): 5:15am On Sep 19, 2013
May Allah forgive this ignoramus. Definately this nonsense has no place in islam. All i see is some copycat and western inflenced wannabes. At the end time muslims will copy the kuffars even when they enter into a hole some ignoramus like this and their kind will follow suit. Is high time this peeps dissociate themselves from islam and muslims when they wanna do all this rubbish.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by analryder: 5:53am On Sep 19, 2013
Chinaimporter: [size=18pt]islam is beautiful........this is saudi arabias queen[/size]

Wow!...having this woman i no mind convert
She is indeed beautiful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Islamic Scholar Dies In Saudi Arabia / Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers / Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.