Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,670 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia (31756 Views)

Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim World Beauty Pageant / Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by lomprico(m): 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hmmmm! I wonder what some Muslim faithfuls will say about this. This same world beauty pageant that led to the lost of many lives in Nigeria, precisely in Kaduna state on the 22nd day of November 2002. Is now being fully embraced by the same Muslims. An influential panel of the moderate Muslim scholars (name withheld) described the Miss world contest as "a wanton promotion of immortality through nudity" and called on the then president chief Olusegun Obasanjo to ban it from going ahead are now embracing it. hypocrites!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by tpia5: 2:30pm On Sep 19, 2013
kulyie: i am in no position to advice them on that because i dont own their bodies.they are the owner of their bodies and can walk around half naked e.g short skirts and all whenever and wherever they like.by the way the way you PRETEND,you make it seem like there is something other than the usual vajyna and brez in any other woman's body grin awon CLOWNS.REMINDS ME OF some years back when i was in a beach party with the girls.everyone was in beach wear i.e t.shirt and bum shorts,bra and short shirts and this weired/funny looking OBVIOUSLY MUSLIM couples came in.wife was in all this senegalis outfit with hijab,husband in agbada,my friend was like IN THE BEACH.i just laughed at the their hypocrisy inside me. I decided to ignore her because i didnt want to appear religiously intolerant.chai.smh

i wonder why they attended your party instead of just going to the beach on their own, or with a similar group.

there's no hard and fast rule on what constitutes acceptable clothing at the beach per se- its determined by the prevailing culture where the beach is located.

if you're not planning to swim, its not necessarily a must to wear a bathing suit. Sometimes the breeze, or the sight of the sea, is what people are there for.

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by tpia5: 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2013
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
water4qb: see deception....islamic scholars judging women who catwalked ? What idea do scholars have about entertainment and modelling ?

Every reasonable muslim knows this is totally strange to the quran and prophetic sayings .....

They should all join the miss world project if they really want to model and not blackmailing islam.

What is this world turning into ?

Cat walked with stilettos o
Swinging their muslima hips from left to right and pouting their lips

1 Like

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by MasaiC: 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2013
Beauty if more than showing one's body. It consists of how 'self' is carried, and the FACT than in many presentations 'less is more.' Obabiyi Aishah Ajibola of Nigeria CONGRATULATIONS. From one who knows Jehovah. HOTEP.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by ALISMILE(m): 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2013
kulyie: i am in no position to advice them on that because i dont own their bodies.they are the owner of their bodies and can walk around half naked e.g short skirts and all whenever and wherever they like.by the way the way you PRETEND,you make it seem like there is something other than the usual vajyna and brez in any other woman's body grin awon CLOWNS.REMINDS ME OF some years back when i was in a beach party with the girls.everyone was in beach wear i.e t.shirt and bum shorts,bra and short shirts and this weired/funny looking OBVIOUSLY MUSLIM couples came in.wife was in all this senegalis outfit with hijab,husband in agbada,my friend was like IN THE BEACH.i just laughed at the their hypocrisy inside me. I decided to ignore her because i didnt want to appear religiously intolerant.chai.smh
U jus made me laugh. U talked about hypocricy,same u hu is't in a position to advice ur close once on dress codes now sees sooo much that is wrong in d dress codes of muslim women. U asked weda its not dsame vigana, i tell u that its not.one is special,pure n clean,santimonous and unbartered while the oda one is not. My take on all this is,u shud not concern ursef wit d way muslim women chose to dress.Stop seein it as backward and babaric cos we ve educated and elitened women hu chose to dress like this. Its wat is called modesty.

2 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
Audhubillahi cry cry shocked

Beauty Pageant is alien to Islam ....... This doesn't in any way represent Jihad ...... ....... Islamic Supreme Councils all over the globe and Muslim Clerics must declare FATWA on this one

Strictly embarrassing, Allahu Allam (God has utmost Knowledge) !!!

1 Like

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by ALISMILE(m): 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
tpia@:

i wonder why they attended your party instead of just going to the beach on their own, or with a similar group.

there's no hard and fast rule on what constitutes acceptable clothing at the beach per se- its determined by the prevailing culture where the beach is located.

if you're not planning to swim, its not necessarily a must to wear a bathing suit. Sometimes the breeze, or the sight of the sea, is what people are there for.

thanks soo much for the photos. However, i m sure religious bigotism will definately not let him see.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by tpia5: 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
you're welcome.

i think kulyie is female though.

its just a clash of cultures.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2013
tpia@:

tilapia or whatever you call yourself,how do i start with you now.let me first laugh at your disgraceful IGNORANCE gringrin first of all i said i went for a friends BEACH PARTY,I WASNT THE ORGANISER.BECAUSE OF YOUR SHALLOWMINDEDNESS,YOU ARE SO QUICK TO START RAISING FINGERS,VERY TYPICAL OF YOUR RELI* grin anyway back to the issue,why you nor tell them make them wear george,lace and gele with heels because them dey go beach.i nor know say at your age you nor know the difference in WHAT IS APPROPRIATE ONLY FOR A BEACH AND WHAT IS APPROPRIATE FOR AN EVENT OR FUNCTION. Meanwhile you are talking about culture being the determining factor to what people should wear to the beach.i did not know its the culture that owns their bodies,please tell me another storygrin even small kuramo beach in victoria island gan,if you see the baaaaddddttttt bikini and beach wears em lagos girls wear to the beach,i swear if i was a guy,i wouldnt mind TAPPING THAT AZZ.next time if you have to go to the beach,tell your girlfriend to wear heels with bubu to the beach.orisirisi grin
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by tpia5: 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
@ topic

the major thing I'm seeing from the competition, actually is it may build interest in Islam among a certain western demographic (mostly young women and possibly young men).

the contestants actually seem tasteful, enlightened and comfortable with themselves. Neither is it easy to go on a stage in front of a huge audience and present in that manner.

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by 3ace(m): 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
jovichi: What's with d struggle 2 belong?
Cant u people just b yourself? At least for once?
I grew up to know that our Muslim brothers don't do vigil but what do we have today? Vigils everywhere in mosques. Anyway, copying good things is good though. I was surprised one day when I saw a Muslim brother doing evangelism preaching in a neighborhood.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
tpia@:
you're welcome.

i think kulyie is female though.

its just a clash of cultures.
yes ke grin i am proudly female.i have 2 huge mammary glands and one puzzay :p if you find that offensive you can go and lie down on agege train rail 8-)
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by 3ace(m): 3:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
vladimiros: tTHIS ARE THESAME HYPOCRITES WHO WERE CRYING FOR MISS UNIVERSE TO NOT TAKE PLACE IN THEIR COUNTRY

FOOLS
I think it was majorly rejected by their Hausa counterparts. The Yorubas are more liberal. That is why Hausa Muslims see them as infidels. They hardly worship in a Yoruba Muslim mosque.

1 Like

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by 3ace(m): 3:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
me_for_you: It's only yoruba muslims that can attend this type of competition. I can almost swear that a muslim girl from kano, katsina or sokoto can never
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2013
ALISMILE: thanks soo much for the photos. However, i m sure religious bigotism will definately not let him see.
for your information,Adeshewa omo obaniyi,omo oba is not a BIGOT cheesy thank you 8-)
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by dellaziz(m): 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
omoalayo: chai.. to buy car 4 dat country Person go need lyk 500million ...d beauty of d girl is 70% coverd ..so I cnt say if She's realy worth it or nt...
that doesn't mean the country is poor, even korea and japan and china their currency to the dollar is almost as high as that, even thailand...you 1 tell me say naija beta pass japan , china and korea...(THIS POST IS NOT TO INSULT, BUT TO LET YOU KNOW THE CURRENCY NUMBERS DOESN'T REALLY FOLLOW FOR ASIAN COUNTRIES wink)
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by tpia5: 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
kulyie: tilapia or whatever you call yourself,how do i start with you now.let me first laugh at your disgraceful IGNORANCE gringrin first of all i said i went for a friends BEACH PARTY,I WASNT THE ORGANISER.BECAUSE OF YOUR SHALLOWMINDEDNESS,YOU ARE SO QUICK TO START RAISING FINGERS,VERY TYPICAL OF YOUR RELI* grin anyway back to the issue,why you nor tell them make them wear george,lace and gele with heels because them dey go beach.i nor know say at your age you nor know the difference in WHAT IS APPROPRIATE ONLY FOR A BEACH AND WHAT IS APPROPRIATE FOR AN EVENT OR FUNCTION. Meanwhile you are talking about culture being the determining factor to what people should wear to the beach.i did not know its the culture that owns their bodies,please tell me another storygrin even small kuramo beach in victoria island gan,if you see the baaaaddddttttt bikini and beach wears em lagos girls wear to the beach,i swear if i was a guy,i wouldnt mind TAPPING THAT AZZ.next time if you have to go to the beach,tell your girlfriend to wear heels with bubu to the beach.orisirisi grin

what are you getting upset about?

beach wear is based on the culture of wherever its located, end of.

seems like your grouse is not with the couple's outfit per se but with their religion.

in that case, stop being so narrow minded. I have worn a summer dress to the beach before, nobody barked at me there. Live and let live.

abegiiiii!

and if someone wears iro and buba to the beach nko? If they are there with others in like apparel or on their own, its nobody's business.

bye bye! stop making too much noise, go to sexuality or politics section if you want to shout.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by tpia5: 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
@ topic

why is this contest more offensive than Miss Arab World?

is it something to do with the organizers, just curious.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by 3ace(m): 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
kulyie: if you see the baaaaddddttttt bikini and beach wears em lagos girls wear to the beach,i swear if i was a guy,i wouldnt mind TAPPING THAT AZZ.
You don't mean it? Used to think such sight is only available in foreign lands and musical videos.May have to confirm one of these days. *licking my lips, fantasizing it already*
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by homesteady(m): 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2013
Kulyie, you really gave this hypocrites a very tough time gringrin

1 Like

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 19, 2013
3ace: You don't mean it? Used to think such sight is only available in foreign lands and musical videos.May have to confirm one of these days. *licking my lips, fantasizing it already*
grin you better dont let them sin gbere on your tongue while licking it grin funny dude grin
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
homesteady: Kulyie, you really gave this hypocrites a very tough time gringrin
cheesycheesy
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
tpia@:

what are you getting upset about?

beach wear is based on the culture of wherever its located, end of.

seems like your grouse is not with the couple's outfit per se but with their religion.

in that case, stop being so narrow minded. I have worn a summer dress to the beach before, nobody barked at me there. Live and let live.

abegiiiii!

and if someone wears iro and buba to the beach nko? If they are there with others in like apparel or on their own, its nobody's business.

bye bye! stop making too much noise, go to sexuality or politics section if you want to shout.
i like your last statement in the form of unsolicited advice,that i should stop making noise and go to poitics or s3xuality section abi grin asiri tin tu bo die die.na your type go open another nairaland id and be dropping phone numbers and bb pins for those looking for preeks,you go do the do con dey form alfa with another i.d name.YOU ARE A BLOODY MONIKER grin what did i say,you are a MONIKER.i didnt say monica o grin oya swear you never drop your number or w,,,,eank for the pictures wey dey put for there grin

if i hear hawuzubilayi na thunder go fire your mouth,alfa in the day,BEDMATIC EKUN AT NIGHT grin
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by tintingz(m): 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
kulyie: tilapia or whatever you call yourself,how do i start with you now.let me first laugh at your disgraceful IGNORANCE gringrin first of all i said i went for a friends BEACH PARTY,I WASNT THE ORGANISER.BECAUSE OF YOUR SHALLOWMINDEDNESS,YOU ARE SO QUICK TO START RAISING FINGERS,VERY TYPICAL OF YOUR RELI* grin anyway back to the issue,why you nor tell them make them wear george,lace and gele with heels because them dey go beach.i nor know say at your age you nor know the difference in WHAT IS APPROPRIATE ONLY FOR A BEACH AND WHAT IS APPROPRIATE FOR AN EVENT OR FUNCTION. Meanwhile you are talking about culture being the determining factor to what people should wear to the beach.i did not know its the culture that owns their bodies,please tell me another storygrin even small kuramo beach in victoria island gan, if you see the baaaaddddttttt bikini and beach wears em lagos girls wear to the beach,i swear if i was a guy,i wouldnt mind TAPPING THAT AZZ .next time if you have to go to the beach,tell your girlfriend to wear heels with bubu to the beach.orisirisi grin
Your post doesn't make any sense undecided

So every woman going to visit the beach must put on bikini, dress half nake;d in the name of going to the beach...do you think all women are [s]...??

And btw are you a lesbian cus you sound like one @bold smiley
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by tpia5: 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
^ you took the words right out of my mouth.

@ the madam,

i am not a lesbian, kindly stop stalking me, you will not get gratification from my end, so look elsewhere.

i dont know why the lesbians on this forum are so militant, maybe its penis envy or some such.

as per the rest of the crap you typed, my caveat emptor is in my signature, read it instead of spending all your time fantasizing about the sex you're not getting from either male or female.

i do not know why you must provide a description of your private parts as if you missed the road to your favorite p.orn website.

are you that h.orny? I already noticed you're man crazy, seemed you're confused about your sexuality anyway!

now, I already told you bye bye, stop fishing for my attention, how many of you want to be mods, i wish you could have a life outside of nl?

seun the owner sef no dey fixated like yall! Thats because he does not make the place the be all and end all of his existence!

3 Likes

Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by dbride: 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
DrBaby: For once lets stop bein sentimental. I am no muslim and I do not support beauty pageants of any sorts due to my christian beliefs , but saying she is not beautiful or u cannot appreciate her beauty because she is all covered makes hypocrites out of u all.
Some few decades ago, beauty pageants were done wt women fully dressed and queens were crowned n given all due respect...we al knw abt d recently circulated pic of the first beauty queen in naija...all dressed in Iro and buba. So please...its a contest...der were some criteria, she met n probably surpassed d criteria...hence the new title.
Tho I wonder wat des ppl aim to achieve. ..sometin is either right or wrong...some yrs down d line...mayb muslim beauty queens wl start wt transparent wears, den short dresses...and mayb, bikinis...al in a bid to outshine d oda...
God help us.

....you do not support beauty pageants of any sort due to your CHRISTIAN beliefs.......then read the book of Esther in the bible, she emerged the winner in a beauty contest and she became the queen and was as a result used by God to save God's chosen people. So what informed your Christian beliefs? Must you comment?
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by cynthiaibeabuchi(f): 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
The crown looks funi
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by Freiburger(m): 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
Haba Homestready, let it go na? this is simply uncalled for, no matter what, we 're still one big family.
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by homesteady(m): 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
Freiburger: Haba Homestready, let it go na? this is simply uncalled for, no matter what, we 're still one big family.

OK! I'll stop just because of you!
Well, I'll not be surprised if she continues!
Re: Obabiyi Aisha Ajibola Wins Muslim Beauty Pageant In Indonesia by suffymum: 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
dis is totally out of islamic ethics,dere is nothing like beauty pageant in islam a muslim woman's beauty shouldnt be exhibited 4 no reason it must be concealed and displayed only 4 d husband.dis is mere copying and competition with d non muslim which should nt be.i guess it is due to deir ignorance.simply not ideal in pristine islam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Islamic Scholar Dies In Saudi Arabia / Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers / Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.