Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:59 PM

TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" - TV/Movies (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" (120651 Views)

Bollywood Movies Chat Room~~~ / TV/Movies Quiz - The Game / TV/Movies Section Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (81) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by UjSizzle(f): 6:41am On Jan 07, 2014
Hello cheesy

2 Likes

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 8:42am On Jan 07, 2014
uj_sizzle: Hello cheesy
Beloved Queen..how na?
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 8:53am On Jan 07, 2014
VillageBoi:

There is no such category as 'best foreign movie'. There is, however, a 'foreign LANGUAGE' category.
So a Nigerian movie produced in English language wouldn't qualify?

Not necessarily the Govt. but a 'body'.
Do we have in Nigeria?
Are they oscar conscious?

Depends. For example, a country submitting to the 'foreign languge' category can only submit one film per year..
Can the same film enter for additional categories or it's only permitted for 'foreign language'

Thanks.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 8:56am On Jan 07, 2014
Nollywood is upgrading no doubt...but the next step in finding a commanding foot is for its films to begin to win one of these 'acclaimed' awards.
Speedyboi, apologies for using acclaimed before you hammer my head.

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 8:59am On Jan 07, 2014
I just watched 'American Hustle'. Solid movie and superb acting. Kai...this Jennifer Lawrence sha grin; she kinda stole the show with her nosy attitude and craze.

There are many quotable lines in the movie. David O Russell has done it again. It's better than 'Silver lining playbook' sef. I foresee some awards for this character-study movie.

Another name for Microwave is "science oven". grin grin Oh my...!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 9:18am On Jan 07, 2014
sholay2011: I just watched 'American Hustle'. Solid movie and superb acting. Kai...this Jennifer Lawrence sha grin; she kinda stole the show with her nosy attitude and craze.

There are many quotable lines in the movie. David O Russell has done it again. It's better than 'Silver lining playbook' sef. I foresee some awards for this character-study movie.

Sholayyyyyyy....!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 11:06am On Jan 07, 2014
prof800: Nollywood is upgrading no doubt...but the next step in finding a commanding foot is for its films to begin to win one of these 'acclaimed' awards.
I personally think the first step is not the winning of these awards BUT to make exceptionally good films on all levels. If we can do that we'll have no need to blow our own trumpet as it will be blown for us.

Your previous 'Oscar' questions are No, No & Yes respectively... but still depends. As my broda would say "If only it's that simple."

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by UjSizzle(f): 11:10am On Jan 07, 2014
prof800:
Beloved Queen..how na?
I'm good. Happy new year kiss

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by UjSizzle(f): 11:11am On Jan 07, 2014
sholay2011: I just watched 'American Hustle'. Solid movie and superb acting. Kai...this Jennifer Lawrence sha grin; she kinda stole the show with her nosy attitude and craze.

That's one crazy asssed movie grin I loved it.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 11:51am On Jan 07, 2014
uj_sizzle:
That's one crazy asssed movie grin I loved it.
You've watched it too? That's cool! Really crazy movie! grin

What did you think of Jennifer Lawrence in the movie? She played Rosalyn, Irving's crazy wife. I can't believe that girl is just 23; 22 when the film was shot.

And you will see some of our nollywood actresses feeling like smth at 30smth as if they're the best thing that happened to the acting world undecided
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by UjSizzle(f): 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
sholay2011:
You've watched it too? That's cool! Really crazy movie! grin

What did you think of Jennifer Lawrence in the movie? She played Rosalyn, Irving's crazy wife. I can't believe that girl is just 23; 22 when the film was shot.

And you will see some of our nollywood actresses feeling like smth at 30smth as if they're the best thing that happened to the acting world undecided
She was absolutely brilliant! She was so brilliant i wanted to drag her outta the screen and wring her neck grin

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
uj_sizzle:
She was absolutely brilliant! She was so brilliant i wanted to drag her outta the screen and wring her neck grin
Lol...u sef dey cray cray grin tongue

I recommend this movie to @speedyboi et al.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
prof800: Speedyboi, apologies for using acclaimed before you hammer my head.
Why would I hammer your head name? I'm not wicked angry angry

sholay2011: this Jennifer Lawrence sha!
Someone help sholay sad sad. Jennifer don dey give him kolomental! sad.

uj_sizzle, welcome smiley smiley
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Psychedelia(m): 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
Good evening, people in the house.

Has anyone here seen "12 Years A Slave"?
Do you think it's worth the cash I'm about to fork out to go see it, or is just another 'torture pageant' involving slavery?
Rotten Tomatoes has it at 92% "Certified Fresh", and feelers say our very own Chiwetel Ejiofor looks unassailable in the Oscar race for his performance in this movie...
But...
Frankly, I'm trying to avoid anything that would ruin my day this week, so I want to know... for those of you who've seen it:

Are there any raape scenes I should know about?
Are there any scenes involving genniital mutilation?
Are the torture scenes brief or 'self-indulging'?
Any lynching scenes I should know about?

Basically... Do you think this movie might piss me off?
Should I go see Scorsese's raunchy "The Wolf Of Wall Street" instead?

Please, help.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
^ ^ ^
Just eat some 'magic mushrooms' and stay at home... Psychedelia, you are aptly named to enjoy the experience that way wink
Let us know how it goes!

Happily for me I'm seeing it tonight wink
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
magic mushrooms
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 10:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
sorry for all the wrong things that i've done.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 12:27am On Jan 08, 2014
^ ^ ^
The mushrooms talking??
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 12:28am On Jan 08, 2014
12 Years A Slave is a film and a half... Wow!!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 08, 2014
prof800: sorry for all the wrong things that i've done.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Psychedelia(m): 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
@VillageBoi

SInce you've seen the movie, could you help out with those questions I was asking?
I really need to know. It's very important.
Reviews only say so much.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Briareos(m): 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2014
VB and Psychedelia, I'm highly disappointed at both of you.

You are both above this shyt na. sad
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 7:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
Briareos, to you and other thread members my apologies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (81) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Official Thread / The New Series Empire Fan Club. / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.