Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,954 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! - Family (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (112509 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Cathaliya: 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
i am still looking for that agency o
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kreamidiva(f): 9:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
Icherishu:

Why won't he take care of the kids? Are they not his own? Well because of christianity, we don't want to go the extreme way. Though I discussed with her that he is seriously pushing us to look for army to deal with him. Well he says he will change and we are seriously praying for him. I hope he does and may God help him.

I know a man who almost starved his own children to death because of the hatred he felt for their mum. those kids eventually escaped,and haven't seen their dad for the past ten years. They were traumatised by the experience so much that they swore never to have anything to do with the man ever.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kreamidiva(f): 9:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
Cathaliya: i am still looking for that agency o

What agency are you looking for?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Sparkle777(f): 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
I

5 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by MMotimo: 10:50pm On Oct 24, 2013
Sparkle777: I ve been silently following this thread. Can I say,my hubby is also on the abusive side. I ve been receiving slaps from time to time,so when I finally got pregnant(yippy yeh). I became too careful wit my self. When he slapped me silly dat gave me severe hbp. I called my brothers to publicly beat shege out of him. One of the best tin i should have done since. He now avoids me like plague even swore never to touch me. Pls and pls to any abused wife,save money get agbero to mess up abusive hubby without his knowlegde. It will save ur life.

An abusive man is a bully. The only way to deal with a bully is face up to him. Glad you are no longer a victim.

@ OP

Wish I could read the whole thread, seems like one that could help a lot of people.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Cathaliya: 1:18am On Oct 25, 2013
kreami diva:

What agency are you looking for?
the ngo i can volunteer
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kreamidiva(f): 9:14am On Oct 25, 2013
Cathaliya: the ngo i can volunteer

Seeing that you are keen on doing it,Why don't you register one
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Mekyno(m): 9:49am On Oct 25, 2013
swag queen:

Hahahaha...... once,i tried convincing him to pay stipend into my account monthly just as savings,he went about telling people that it was my mum that put me up to it.that was how i forgot that one.he makes sure i don't hold any cash on me. He shops for the kids and says since my MIL drives,she can be doing the household shopping. Even airtime for my phones come from him. Quite pathetic!
dis modern-ified living in bondage raise to power of infinity, garnished wit torture...aaaah.
All dis happens to women....sm1 should tell me its nt true dat am dreaming.. Women don suffer die 4 dis world..... Even though i dnt support beating 4 any reason, bt sm women mouth/character worse pass beating sm1 sef oooo
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by dominique(f): 10:03am On Oct 25, 2013
Good morning all
Ok, here is the 411 of what happened between my friend (that came asking for info about welfare) and her husband. Its left to you guys to deduce who is the abuser and the abused.

They moved to our neighbourhood late last year. They had the agreement that the husband will be staying in his family house closer to where he works and he'll be coming home for weekends. But as it is, he won't come home for 2-3 weeks leaving the wife alone with 2 kids and very little money. The lady is not working, sometimes she's forced to come to me to borrow 2 or 3k to sustain herself and the kids till the hubby returns. Now the woman has gotten so fed-up, went to the husband's family house to raise hell with him (causing a fight between her and her SIL too). The husband got so angry that he said he won't set foot in the apartment they shared anymore. The woman also said she's tired of him and she doesn't want him there anymore but he must continue paying the rent and give her a monthly allowance. That didn't go well with the husband and he said she's on her own. That was when she came asking for welfare centers.

I finally found time to sit with her yesterday. I asked her if the man ever use hurtful words or his fists on her. She said no but the way he abandon them with very little is worse than that kind of abuse (really? undecided this is a person that refunds the money I borrow her in less than a week, they live in a tastefully furnished apartment and the kids always look well dressed and well fed). She said she's sure he's cheating on her else, why doesn't come home weekends. I asked her if she had concrete evidence of this, she said no but that has to be the reason. I asked her how she intend to cope with two kids without a job. She said the welfare centre has sent him a letter through her that he must meet up with the conditions else risk going to court. I don't know how these things work but can any welfare centre coerce a man to take up responsibility he doesn't want to? At most, he'll come and pick up the kids and leave her on her own.

I'm thinking of going to see her again and tell her the cold hard truth. She's living in a fool's paradise if she thinks her (soon to be ex) husband will be paying alimony and child support if he doesn't want to. Naija men don't roll like that. Women that pull this kind of stunt are comfortably earning their own income. If the husband comes to take the kids (she's using as leverage) away from her, there's absolutely she can do about it cos he will cite the reason that he can't leave her to take care of them with her zero income. She needs to patch things with her husband and get off her butt and go get something doing.

My people, what do you think?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bellong: 10:18am On Oct 25, 2013
^^^ I am yet to understand why she is not interested in knowing why her husband doesn't come on weekends as agreed than chasing shadows.
She is on a long thing. What is stopping her from working? Will it be right to say that the husband is avoiding the woman at all cost going by the scenario up there. She needs a brain reset
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 10:21am On Oct 25, 2013
dominique: Good morning.
My people, what do you think?

I think your friend is an extremely impatient woman. if the man hasn't laid hands on her or be verbally abusive, she should have used tact and feminine genius to lure him back home....instead of trying to bully her way to her desires.

Sometimes a little patience and tact saves the day than being confrontational and aggressive!!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Les: 10:27am On Oct 25, 2013
Royal Roy:

I think your friend is an extremely impatient woman. if the man hasn't laid hands on her or be verbally abusive, she should have used tact and feminine genius to lure him back home....instead of trying to bully her way to her desires.

Sometimes a little patience and tact saves the day than being confrontational and aggressive!!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kreamidiva(f): 10:35am On Oct 25, 2013
Too much nollywood movies!

She should get a life abeg. Why isn't she working She has a roof over her head and is still complaining. Go and get a job madam. A young man works his ass out to fend for your lazy self and the kids and yet you nag him When he starts beating her now,we will label the man an abuser.

Dominique,tell her the cold hard truth. Capeesh?

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by passionate88: 11:12am On Oct 25, 2013
^ ^ ^ ^

What if he was the one that asked her to be a full house wife?.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by buklan4realyah(f): 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
sad :-XHmmmm! honestly, my own story na long tin ooooo embarassed, am telling u.
growing up with my parent was hell, hmm!

inshort, Oro poh ninu kobo.. mouth no fit talk am.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by dominique(f): 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
Thanks for the input guys. The way I see it, the reason the husband doesn't come home as frequently is because he's getting tired of her. This is woman whose mother has scolded her for being too demanding. If her husband doesn't grant her requests she starts to fight him. She warned her that not all men can entertain a full time housewife, so she has to be more understanding and less demanding.
There was a time her children were playing with my son at my place. Her 3 year old daughter was recounting what happened earlier in the morning. I couldn't really understand what she was saying but little I could decipher was- mummy and daddy were fighting... mummy went to take knife...daddy carried her into the bathroom and locked her there... daddy went to call Pastor...

I couldn't confront her about what I heard from her daughter. It would have been too awkward considering the source. Now with the latest turn of events, I'm forced to conclude she's a troublesome type of wife, the type that chases her husband outside. The sad thing is that its the innocent children that gets affected most in a situation like this.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by obyrich(m): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
dominique: ... she's a troublesome type of wife, the type that chases her husband outside... .
One of our tenants used to be like this- beats her hubby up at the slightest provocation! Lol. Funny things happen in marriage.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by jumzzy448: 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
@ dominique, u just have to tell her the truth. Truth they say is better but you just have to say it. Just imagine what a three year old kid is already witnessing.... mtchewwww.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by k4kenny(f): 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
@dominique. Your friend's manner of approach to issues leaves a lot to be desired. What kind of woman confronts her husband in such a violent manner? What kind of result was she expecting with her brashness? She needs to learn how to approach matters with tact and wisdom.

Please by all means, sit her down and tell her what you heard about the knife incident, don't forget to tell her you heard it from her 3 year old. She needs to understand what she's exposing her poor kids to.

Some women are indeed the architects of their own misfortune.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by IgboWifeUSA: 3:44am On Oct 26, 2013

THATS THE MAN THAT PRESSED HER NECK ALMOST TO DEATH. THIS ABUSED THREAD IS FOR HER. COME OUT AND CONFESS KOFINSKY KO, KOFSI NI. WHERE IS SENSUAL MAN?? https://www.nairaland.com/647069/all-lie

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Emaprince: 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2013
Sparkle777: I ve been silently following this thread. Can I say,my hubby is also on the abusive side. I ve been receiving slaps from time to time,so when I finally got pregnant(yippy yeh). I became too careful wit my self. When he slapped me silly dat gave me severe hbp. I called my brothers to publicly beat shege out of him. One of the best tin i should have done since. He now avoids me like plague even swore never to touch me. Pls and pls to any abused wife,save money get agbero to mess up abusive hubby without his knowlegde. It will save ur life.
end time wife....satan is getting successful everyday
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
dominique: Her 3 year old daughter was recounting what happened earlier in the morning. I couldn't really understand what she was saying but little I could decipher was- mummy and daddy were fighting... mummy went to take knife...daddy carried her into the bathroom and locked her there... daddy went to call Pastor...

I couldn't confront her about what I heard from her daughter. It would have been too awkward considering the source. Now with the latest turn of events, I'm forced to conclude she's a troublesome type of wife, the type that chases her husband outside. The sad thing is that its the innocent children that gets affected most in a situation like this.

More like a wife that doesn't deserve to have a husband. I believe the husband should take her to a psychiatric hospital because she may have a medical condition. I have a friend whose wife behaves like that. There is no reason why anyone would threaten their spouse with a knife, it is not normal, I think she is actually mentally unstable and needs treatment. Problem with this country is that we really do not try to find the root cause of these problems. When she is out of the psychiatric hospital, then she should go for counseling.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2013

Hmmn, it worked for you but I would not proffer this as a solution in all abusive cases. The result can be very unpredictable. Just thank God it worked for you.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Sparkle777(f): 7:03am On Oct 27, 2013
[quote author=Ema prince]end time wife....satan is getting successful everyday[/quote I hope you re not an abusive bf.?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by IgboWifeUSA: 10:45am On Oct 27, 2013
LaShawn:

Yes. That is why I can relate with others who have been in such situations and when they hear mine, they'd also exclaim about How similar my case was to theirs.

Infant, I saw this with a roomie I had. I could see what happened to me happening to her too. The guy was behaving in a way that was very similar to my ex. Infact, without her confiding in me, I knew the guy was abusive.

I told her my story, hoping she'd pick one or two lessons. Alas, She went ahead with the marriage. She even told us that the love was now very sweet as the guy had gotten a job in an oil company. The guy succeeded in alienating her from her brother who brought her up before the wedding and She was actually supporting the guy over the brother. Suddenly, to her, her brother was up to No good. All Because of a guy She met over the social network.
I was just looking at her, Because after all I've been through, I can't pick a man over my family. My family have been there for twenty something years, loving me and Seeing to my well-being.

Anyways, they got married and from the honeymoon, trouble! Of Course She didn't confide in me. But the person She told told me.

For the honeymoon, they lodged in a beautiful hotel in lag for a few days. This guy would Sleep with her roughly with his huge manhood. At night, in the mornings and he'd also come back for more during his breaks from work, as he was also working during the honeymoon. She dared not complain of pains as he bluntly told her it cannot be painful, that after all, She wasn't a virgin bride.

Probably Because of the rough sex, She got an infection and started Seeing drops of blood after urinating.
When She told him, he told her to get herself cured before he got back from work or else, he'd return her back to where he got her from.
He told her if he gets infected, she'd be in for it. That How won't She get infections when She was always sleeping around.
She was always being harassed and abused and insulted. I won't be surprised he beat her too. A few weeks after wedding, She was already envying single girls.
LaShawn:

Yes. That is why I can relate with others who have been in such situations and when they hear mine, they'd also exclaim about How similar my case was to theirs.

Infant, I saw this with a roomie I had. I could see what happened to me happening to her too. The guy was behaving in a way that was very similar to my ex. Infact, without her confiding in me, I knew the guy was abusive.

I told her my story, hoping she'd pick one or two lessons. Alas, She went ahead with the marriage. She even told us that the love was now very sweet as the guy had gotten a job in an oil company. The guy succeeded in alienating her from her brother who brought her up before the wedding and She was actually supporting the guy over the brother. Suddenly, to her, her brother was up to No good. All Because of a guy She met over the social network.
I was just looking at her, Because after all I've been through, I can't pick a man over my family. My family have been there for twenty something years, loving me and Seeing to my well-being.

Anyways, they got married and from the honeymoon, trouble! Of Course She didn't confide in me. But the person She told told me.

For the honeymoon, they lodged in a beautiful hotel in lag for a few days. This guy would Sleep with her roughly with his huge manhood. At night, in the mornings and he'd also come back for more during his breaks from work, as he was also working during the honeymoon. She dared not complain of pains as he bluntly told her it cannot be painful, that after all, She wasn't a virgin bride

Him being rough eas unexcusable, even if she was a former prostitute. If he wanted a virgin, why did he marry her.
My husband started that way early in the marriage. The description was almost identical. I had to beg him to let my body heal many times throughout the day, not even week. I thought he was ovet excited or impatient. I never understood why he did it.

Probably Because of the rough sex, She got an infection and started Seeing drops of blood after urinating.
When She told him, he told her to get herself cured before he got back from work or else, he'd return her back to where he got her from.
He told her if he gets infected, she'd be in for it. That How won't She get infections when She was always sleeping around.
She was always being harassed and abused and insulted. I won't be surprised he beat her too. A few weeks after wedding, She was already envying single girls.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by IgboWifeUSA: 10:50am On Oct 27, 2013
My husband was also rough during s*E*X early in the marriage. I had to beg him many times a day to let my body heal. He would still insist on having his way instead of waiting. Pretending to be asleep didnt help either. I never understood the concept behind this.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:47am On Oct 27, 2013

Sparkle777, I love youuuu!
Sharp babe you be!

Guys oh, come to think of it, all these men that get beaten by their fellow men because they abuse their wives physically, do they still continue with the act after the beating experience?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kreamidiva(f): 11:49am On Oct 27, 2013
@ sparkle, when i read your post,i laughed! There are abusive men who know all the agberos in the area. He has them on his pay roll. Na that kind man you wan call agbero for? Its dicey my dear. While some people may get away with that kind of approach,many would pay dearly with their lives (sometimes). Its scary.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Sparkle777(f): 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2013
[quote author=ferhyntorlah]

Sparkle777, I love youuuu!
Sharp babe you be!

Guys oh, come to think of it, all these men that get beaten by their fellow men because they abuse their wives physically, do they still continue with the act after the beating experience?. chances are they will not cos some abusive men dnt like embarrasments. For a woman to do dis and get off lite she s gat to earn her own kip. So my fellow women do sometin to earn ur money. Am not proud of how tins turnd out but you dnt want to hear or read my full story. But am less stressd dan bf.my bp is normal and my pregnancy is carryin on beautiful.@Kreami diva. Some marriages are best left alive. If ur hubby knows evry bad style then more probs for the wife cos he can get away wit murder.pls leave and come back when his senses are beta.ur life is more important.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
IgboWifeUSA: My husband was also rough during s*E*X early in the marriage. I had to beg him many times a day to let my body heal. He would still insist on having his way instead of waiting. Pretending to be asleep didnt help either. I never understood the concept behind this.
Registered, is this you? undecided
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
I don't think so. Possibly someone reading from past pages and accidentally quote you.
kofsy:
Registered, is this you? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (111) (Reply)

My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / My Wife Confessed To Be Dog Slut / Husband Caught His Cheating Wife, Snapped And Framed The Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.