Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! - Family (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (112506 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kreamidiva(f): 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2013
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kreamidiva(f): 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
kreami diva: https://www.nairaland.com/1495657/clara-chime-under-house-arrest-imposed#19145783

This world is terrible o.

I knew Clara way back in Abia State University. She was calm and easy going. Na wah oooo
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by passionate88: 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
kreami diva:

This world is terrible o.

I knew Clara way back in Abia State University. She was calm and easy going. Na wah oooo
when you knew her then, was there no guy in her life?. If there was, what happened between them?, who left who?.

Or u jst knw her as in "that girl wey we been see that day for school gate wey dress fine"
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kreamidiva(f): 6:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
Many of us are suffering and smiling.........

God help us!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2013
passionate88: when you knew her then, was there no guy in her life?. If there was, what happened between them?, who left who?.

Or u jst knw her as in "that girl wey we been see that day for school gate wey dress fine"

Na wah! Na here you wan do Amibo for Clara body cheesy
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by passionate88: 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
Chillisauce:

Na wah! Na here you wan do Amibo for Clara body cheesy
No b so. E fit b say she burn fingers to bcome 1st lady so na d repercussion b this. Jst like David wey kill person jst to snatch d wife, no matter hw him pray nd cry reach, God still kill d pikin. Karma is real.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Cathaliya: 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
hmm, seems things are looking good.
no more abuse case......
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by pickabeau1: 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
Cathaliya: hmm, seems things are looking good.
no more abuse case......
Not necessarily..... more like there may be some internalizing. ?

People any updates... you may need some encouragement

Aluta.. have u heard from kenya
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Cathaliya: 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
Cobweb don dey grow for this thread
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:19am On Nov 08, 2013
swag queen: His sister keeps saying that if i leave,I'll be the one to lose.(which is true in a sense) but cuming from a divorcee whose husband battered until she ran for her life,i wonder what this world's turning into. She says many women want to be married to him and that as I'm the "lucky one",i should stay and still show him love. Till the day i die?

I'm pained,I'm crying,my heart is heavy but no one understands my pain. He's gone for a week now and my daughter keeps asking when daddy is coming back. I'm at my lowest ebb emotionally and all people can say is stay for the sake of the children. cry cry cry cry cry

I have no more self-esteem. He has abused,battered and violated me. He tells me things that make me feel I'm worth nothing. I'm tired!

I wonder how some men sleep at night!!!!

Half life is better than full death, as a lawyer you can start an NGO... Sue his sorry ass to provide child support. Use the guy to kick start your legal career
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:34am On Nov 08, 2013
Every single girl should buy a Rottweiler and it with her to her marriage. Trust when your husband knows you have a Rotty on standby he'll think twice.

Gush!!!

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bluuu: 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Ymodulus: 4:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
bluuu: pls I av a complaint.i was discussing wt my guy one day n he said if I tell him no sex wen he wants(even if I try to convince him) it, dt he wil beat me,he ws serious with it. at tyms wen I dnt pick his call probably I was not there or didn't hear my phone ring,he wil send me text lik 'pick my call if u dnt want my trouble'. wenever he calls, he liks to enquire abt everything-where I am,wat im doing,who i'm with etc.he calls a lot n if I say no(not because I m doing sth bad but because I wanna prove to him to stop uneccessary questions),he wil start getting angry.
pls advice me,i love him a lot.
tnx bt pls no insult
Stop the relationship sis. please the earlier the better.

The guy is a brute.

please forgive my insult am just so raged reading this thread and experiences of other girls or wifes.

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by k4kenny(f): 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
As in ehn. This our ladies of nowadays sef. Ayam tayad. How can you come here to tell us someone threatened physical violence, makes your day miserable with endless calls and queries and you say you love him . Your own beta sef. Most guys don't even give you the slightest clue of their abusive tendencies till its too late. this one is giving you clear signs of the kind of life you'll be made to tolerate for the rest of your life and you're here talking about lof. Ok o.
There may be things that attracts you to him, but if you want the rest of your life characterised by physical and emotional abuse, then by all means continue the relationship.

2 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
bluuu: pls I av a complaint.i was discussing wt my guy one day n he said if I tell him no sex wen he wants(even if I try to convince him) it, dt he wil beat me,he ws serious with it. at tyms wen I dnt pick his call probably I was not there or didn't hear my phone ring,he wil send me text lik 'pick my call if u dnt want my trouble'. wenever he calls, he liks to enquire abt everything-where I am,wat im doing,who i'm with etc.he calls a lot n if I say no(not because I m doing sth bad but because I wanna prove to him to stop uneccessary questions),he wil start getting angry.
pls advice me,i love him a lot.
tnx bt pls no insult

Sweetie, any guy that can conceive the thought of beating you and even voices it out in a serious manner is trouble oooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayam begging in the name of anything you worship, RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by nbright: 6:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
According to a female friend of mine... Some girls love those abusers because they buy them things and pet them when they (abusers) comes to beg forgiveness... Some girls are just sick..
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
nbright: According to a female friend of mine... Some girls love those abusers because they buy them things and pet them when they (abusers) comes to beg forgiveness... Some girls are just sick..

I am begging all of una, pls, pls and pls, let's not insult this babe and send her into a shell again.
Let's just pretend not to know that she's a lil bit on the 'not-too-smart' side and focus on how to help her!
The truth remains that it's not easy to end a relationship by mere posts on the internet. It'll take a lot of push to do that, so, once again, let's all make that our common goal, at least for now!

THANKS!

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by pickabeau1: 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
alutacontinua:

I am begging all of una, pls, pls and pls, let's not insult this babe and send her into a shell again.
Let's just pretend not to know that she's a lil bit on the 'not-too-smart' side and focus on how to help her!
The truth remains that it's not easy to end a relationship by mere posts on the internet. It'll take a lot of push to do that, so, once again, let's all make that our common goal, at least for now!

THANKS!

Word!

Have you heard from kenya

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Ymodulus: 7:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
nbright: According to a female friend of mine... Some girls love those abusers because they buy them things and pet them when they (abusers) comes to beg forgiveness... Some girls are just sick..

As in...
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
pickabeau1:

Word!

Have you heard from kenya

oops!
My bad!
Wld try and get in touch with her today! cool
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Her friend is not picking up, wld try calling her later in the day! cool

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bluuu: 8:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Ymodulus: 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
bluuu:
d things he s caring,helps with things even let me make decisions,knws d perfect tym to hang out n d place to go to.we gt along well while discussing issues.
Sis he may do all that but are you sure he has no double character?
bluuu:

this thread has taught me how to evaluate my relationship but How do I break it to him i'm no more interested.pls help me out
I will leave this to the pro's. i have never dated.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by pickabeau1: 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
alutacontinua: Her friend is not picking up, wld try calling her later in the day! cool
Nice one.....
Hope all is well wit her
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bluuu: 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ymodulus:
Sis he may do all that but are you sure he has no double character.
one thing I knw is dt he is not cheating on me
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
bluuu:
d things he s caring,helps with things even let me make decisions,knws d perfect tym to hang out n d place to go to.we gt along well while discussing issues.

this thread has taught me how to evaluate my relationship but How do I break it to him i'm no more interested.pls help me out

Are you guys staying together?
If 'no', do you stay with your parents?
Breaking it to him is not the issue but how he would react!

Has he hit you before?
For how long have you been in this relationship?
What's the status-boyfriend/girlfriend or fiance/fiancee thingy?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bluuu: 9:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
we dnt stay together,he hasn't hit me before,i stay with my parents.bf/gf thing
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
bluuu: we dnt stay together,he hasn't hit me before,i stay with my parents.bf/gf thing

Well, if deep down inside of you, you believe that he'll hit you if situation warrants it, just tell him you're done. SIMPLES!
If you can't say it to his face (always the best option), send him a text!
I can be a lil bit blunt, so, i'll wait for the experts to help you out on the break-up process!

However, before they come, you may choose to tell him why and you might choose not to! You don't owe him a reason, giving him a reason would make him start apologizing and promising heaven and earth! Just make up your mind and tell him simply that you're done!

He could react in a coupe of ways, i dunno how but he might go the begging way-you know the kind of calling brothers and uncles and sisters, if possible, block him off your contacts and tell him to stay off.

He could go the psychological way of making you feel guilty of 'after all he has done for you, you still have the liver bla bla bla', don't listen to any of it, nothing he has done for you worths your life, dignity and self-esteem! Don't feel guilty (well unless you have a reason to, which would be cool if you voice it out now, so we talk you out of it)!
He could got he violent way, INVOLVE YOUR PARENTS OR FAMILY MEMBERS!

However way he goes, it's not going to be easy for you emotionally, you're gonna miss him and all dose kind of things, be strong! There are many guys out there who would make you much more happy without lifting a finger on you, DON'T SETTLE FOR LESS! You can always come back to this thread for more strength! If you don't mind, you could drop your contacts for people to talk to you! The truth remains each time we advise people here, something always make me feel they'll still go back to do that thing people advised them against, mostly because the strength derived here is not always enough to fight but PLS, PLS AND PLS, prove me wrong!

If you have any more questions, pls, feel free to ask!
Lots of love, dearie! kiss

2 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bluuu: 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
bluuu: I tell him 'i'l always love u' a lot wen we quarrel or i'm all lovey dovey. When I say it to him, I like d expression of his face(assurance kinda face),dt phrase kept coming to my mind and I feel somehow(like breaking a form of promise) but at the same tym I dnt wanna b abused(things,words hurt me a lot esp frm som1 I lov)
i'm caught in between here

If u don't mind, how old are you?
You could give me a range!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bluuu: 9:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
btw 21 n 24
alutacontinua:

If u don't mind, how old are you?
You could give me a range!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
bluuu: btw 21 n 24

Sweetie, I don't wanna be the one to tell you to throw away a good guy here, but at the same time, i'll do anything in my capacity to stop an abuser/abusee in the making, I just hate it with passion seeing a grown woman turned into a punching bag!

So, one more time, are you sure this guy is an abuser or has the tendencies of an abuser? From the lil you wrote in your first post though, i'll say 'YES' but you alone know better. So, for one second, pls, put sentiments and emotions aside and answer these questions

i. If you mistakenly come late one night because you got caught up in a robbery, thereby, making you look all ruffled up and missed your boyfriend's calls, do you think the first thing he'll do is to land you a 'slap' on your face for coming home late?
ii. If he sees you chatting with a guy more often (who happens to be your co-worker in the office and you're paired together for a particular assignment but of course, he doesn't know that), do you think he'll break your phone or smash it against the wall out of anger?
iii. If you mistakenly misplace your phone and couldn't pick his calls for a whole day, do you think he'll shout at you in a crazy way the first instant he's able to reach you?
iv. DEEP DOWN IN YOUR HEART, do you think he can hit you if he's angry?

If your answers to the above happens to be a 'yes', all those your boring promises don't hold water. Almost everybody has said such before and they still do the needful when the need arises! Come to think of it, if he's the one that noticed something that could hurt him in you (say you're declared a witch and you're affecting his life negatively) or something like that, DO YOU REALLY THINK HE'LL REMEMBER ALL HIS PROMISES?

Your life is at stake here and forget 'love', the married people here would tell you how your eyes would clear. I really wish people like the op of this thread and La Shawn were here right now to talk to you, dunno if you read Kenyatta's story, the guy wld take her shopping, was taking care of her, paid for her education in a foreign land, but when the time comes, he doesn't hesitate to draw patterns on her body with his punches! Yes, they can be the sweetest when they want to be but they're also your worst nightmare! U really don't want to be trapped! Make up your mind, forget all the lovey-dovey, don't ruin your life and that of your unborn kids!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (Reply)

My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / My Wife Confessed To Be Dog Slut / Husband Caught His Cheating Wife, Snapped And Framed The Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.