Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

What Did You Learn At Church Today? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Learn At Church Today? (41387 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by babe1(f): 5:18am On Mar 08, 2007
It is wednesday but last sunday, we were told to learn not to question God when we have problems. Meaning sickness, death in family or lost job, we should see it as something that will come and go. Amen! We can all learn to suffer like Jesus did and that will bring us closer to God.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 3:34am On Mar 09, 2007
last Sunday,we learnt that now that we're in Christ,we take up the geneology of Christ.
His family History bcomes our family history so we no longer claim high BP , cancer and others as part of our family history but the blood of Jesus.
It was truly an eyeopener.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by ristic(f): 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2007
unfortunately i learnt noting. i guess that happens when you keep repeating the same message in different form.dont critisize me cos of this, but i always have a heavy heart attending the church i am and un fortunately i cant leave for reasons best known to me, although praying to God that this cup will pass over me.

But if it to be what i ve been learning in church, i dont think Mr Seun would be able to read it.

I only have a word of advise, life is too short to be unhappy. To live a happy life u ve to live with God.

Cheers
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by toshmann(m): 12:02am On Mar 15, 2007
last sunday we learnt to forgive angry . the hardest thing in christendom grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by PoDeep(m): 9:15am On Mar 15, 2007
I learnt (not in church sha) to learn to stoop as low as to forgive &make peace wit those who offend u & still feel they are right.
Truly one of the hardest tasks in Christendom.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Katigurl: 8:52pm On Mar 16, 2007
Lernt
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 2:06am On Mar 21, 2007
that God is still in the miracle business.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Horus(m): 10:27am On Mar 27, 2007
If God went to sleep on the seventh day and Christ is worshipped on Sunday then who are they (Sunday churchgoers) praying to? Because God is sleeping, unless you are trying to wake him up and serve him on his day of sleeping . . . God worked a whole six days and now on Sunday morning he’s laying in his bed. This is how he makes this sound.

. . . God is sitting in his chair, or laying in his bed he goes to sleep on Sunday morning, and you go to church on Sunday morning and go, “oh God, oh God, oh God.” Then you’re wondering why your prayers are not being answered. The reason why your prayers are not being answered is quite simple; because God sleeps on Sunday. You have to change the day – try Wednesday when God is up working. Have you ever tried to disturb your mother and father when they were working (or sleeping)?

You don’t thank God for health and the gifts that you have. You’re in church on Sunday begging for more stuff.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by trinigirl1(f): 1:48am On Mar 28, 2007
that many people have a form of godliness but are really just hiding sin in the dark
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by queen2(f): 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2007
Im learning baout Easter
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Horus(m): 9:56pm On Apr 03, 2007
Easter: the hand-me-down myth

The truth is that those so-called wise and prudent theologians know absolutely nothing about the so-called resurrection simply because it never happened. Easter, or the celebration of the resurrection, is merely a tradition, a tradition that you have been taught from childhood, and coming into maturity you have accepted it because that is what you were taught. That is what you read bout. That is what your parents made you observed every Easter Sunday. Thus, you continued to go along with it and before you knew it, you had carelessly assumed what you now believe without question or proof. Easter is the feast of feasts celebrated in honor of the risen Christ. You have even reached the point where you will defend vigorously and emotionally your belief, a belief that can lead you straight to hell.

It has become human nature to flow with the stream, and to go along with the crowd, to believe and perform like those around you. And, even when you stumble on the truth, you will not believe because like the majority of the people, you stubbornly refuse to believe what you are unwilling to believe. There is an old saying that says:

He who is convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 9:21am On Apr 07, 2007
Cadbury's Easter Eggs are not the best according to a recent taste testing poll!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by mrpataki(m): 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2007
I learnt about the origin of relationships
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by stimulus(m): 4:17pm On Apr 08, 2007
mrpataki:

I learnt about the origin of relationships

Wow! That would be awesome! cheesy Can you share, please?

I enjoyed a message on the significance of the resurrection, not merely as a doctrine; but even more as experience that should hold true in our lives and and relationships. Because Jesus defeated death and rose again, we have a blessed hope. The reality of that hope in a believer is manifested in what he does with it on earth. One way of enjoying this blessed hope is to S.H.A.R.E. it with others.

S - S[/b]eek out the needs of others, just as Jesus came to seek and to save sinners.

[b]H
- H[/b]elp others find the only Hope that God offers in His Son, Jesus Christ.

[b]A
- A[/b]ppreciate others by seeing them with eyes of divine love (agape).

[b]R
- R[/b]elate to others, be relevant to them, even though some may be bitter against the Christ who loved us rebels enough to go to the Cross.

[b]E
- [b]E[/b]schew evil in every form: for only by consistent holy lives will people see the authenticity of the power of Christ's resurrection in the believer's testimony.

Enjoy - and happy Easter again! cheesy
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by jockey112(m): 9:55am On Apr 09, 2007
@ Horus

are you saying resurrection never happens? that is too deep for me swallow,though am not a religious person that doent mean i dont believe in God ,infact in Jesus.Actually Jesus predicted about the anti-christ,so your comment is a fulfilment of the word of God,and am happy with it ,thats the reason why i wont have to start the so called Holy war because of your comment,if you like say Jesus is a Gay or he never existed,i cant be bother!!!! yu feel me .
but to answer your comment a lie cannot be so relevant for 2000 years,its not just possible,plus christianity never force people to believe ,the Bible says when people see the manifestation of the power of GOD they were convinced like the common saying "seeing is believing" and again no other "god" would say "yet you are a sinner i die for you " thats called compassion and mercy thats the whole gospel of christ,SALVATION NOT CONDEMINATION.HALLELUYAH!!!!!!!!

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU AND EVERYONE.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by lalaboi(m): 1:06am On Apr 10, 2007
i learnt dat u should always let d spirit take control over ur body and soul wen praising! jah!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2007
Oh Yes, a bit of spirit taking over your body. That is really cool!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Horus(m): 4:37pm On Apr 14, 2007
Was there a spiritual resurrection?

After the alleged crucifixion, Yashu’a (aka Jesus) appeared several times to different people before he went to Galilee:

1- To Mary Magdalene disguised as a gardener. Why would a spirit have a disguise? . . .
2- To two travelers on the way to a village called Emmaus, with him they held a lengthy conversation. They didn’t know him. Why? Because he had on a disguise.
3- To the eleven disciples and ate and talked with them. Spirits do not eat the food of the Earth. . . If you saw a person that you had heard was dead and buried wouldn’t you think it was a ghost?
That's exactly what the disciples thought. (Luke 24:36-37) He wanted them to touch his hands and feet. Why? He wanted them to feel the wounds he got during the fight in the Garden of Gethsemane. He wanted them to feel his flesh’s warmth and vitality. Thus he showed them that he was not a translated (gone from one state to another) body. He hadn’t metamorphosed and he obviously hadn’t resurrected because a resurrected body is a spiritual body, not physical. The New Testament says it over and over (I Corinthians 15:44-45, John 6:63).
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by dinnerm(f): 3:26pm On Apr 22, 2007
learnt that we should learn to forgive and love each other
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 22, 2007
learnt that he indeed answers when we pray,believing.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 23, 2007
@ Horus

this thread is for christians- believers in the life and resurrection from death of jesus christ. not for heretics and antagonists like you. kindly take your misguided/misplaced polemics elsewhere.

You're off-point
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by PoDeep(m): 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2007
Thank u ziddy, i don't know why people like looking for unnecessary trouble.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by 9ja4eva: 11:19am On Apr 24, 2007
Fight of faith
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by McDoe(m): 11:20am On Apr 24, 2007
That you are robbing God if you do not pay your tithe regularly. Also, God loves a cheerful giver amongst others.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by bqueen: 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2007
ITS THE NATIONAL PRAYER WEEK 2007

THEME :-  "HEAVEN ON THE MOVE FOR MY FAVOUR"                        

TOPIC :- ANNOINTING FOR SUPERNATURAL HAPPENINGS

'When you have the annointing for favour you shall experience pleasant surprises within 21 days.'

God shall give you a new song Job 14:7-9 ,

Death will never come near our dwelling,There shall be abundant Grace of God in our life.

Isaiah 63 :1 -3,Genesis 3 : 19,Jeremiah 50 : 33 -38,Galatians 5:10.

The Egyptians you see today you shall see them no more forever.

prophetic word from the holy spirit through Lord's servant.

psalm 102 : 13, Psalm 37 : 5 ,Genesis 25 :1, Obadiah 17  ;Read and let its dwell in you.

Prayer point:-

Bless the Almighty for His love anf favour

Every unrepenteth pursuer of my life,destiny,success Holy Ghost clear them off in Jesus name

Holy ghost locate me today at the point of my needs in Jesus name

Be the doer of His word not the hearer or reader alone.

Try to renew your salvation in Lord and he will hearken unto u.

Read Deu 28 :1 - 13, Deut 28 vs 14-15

Note : - am using this medium to invite you to Sunday school Weekend

THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD ,Lagos province 12 Area 1

"THE KINGDOM BELIEVER"  THURS 26TH - SUNDAY 29TH APRIL, 2007

MINISTRING : PASTOR VICTOR FOLORUNSHO @ DOMINION CATHEDRAL 3rd Avenue, 11th Road , Fed.junction

Behind Mr BIGGS ,Gowon Estate Ipaja,Lagos

God Bless You has you come.

Thanks For sparing me your ears
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by 9ja4eva: 4:40am On Apr 27, 2007
Nice
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by GLORY20071(f): 5:31pm On Apr 29, 2007
today at caananland faith tabernacle ota naija the preaching was on winning the war over sickness and dieases
satan is the master cause of sickness
the word of God is the master cure for sickness
faith is the master access to the cure
holy anger aganist sickness stires up your faith and we need joy to sustain our divine health

do visit www.davidoyedepominstries.com
for more messages, remember now is the time to liberate the world from every oppression of the devil through the preaching of the word of faith.

i see you win the war over your glorious destiny.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by 9ja4eva: 4:35am On May 01, 2007
LOL

I listened to dt message too.

Bless u Sister.We share d same Christain faith
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by LiquidMind(m): 4:42am On May 01, 2007
My Enemy Must Die

My Enemy Must Die

My Enemy Must Die

Fire Must Burn My Enemies By All Means

I REST MY CASE
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by 9ja4eva: 7:33am On May 01, 2007
lmao
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by anusule(m): 1:16pm On May 02, 2007
today is not for church
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by IBDat(m): 12:02am On May 03, 2007
Learn't about developing a relationship (the Christian way) and courtship as well as maintaining a happy, fruitful marriage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. / Leke Adeboye: 'RCCG Is A Threat To Islam In Nigeria' - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says / Car Almost Smashed By Electric Pole In Rivers: 'Supernatural Force Pushed Away'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.