Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,085 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment (6209 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ / Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters / N15bn Loan Approved For Locally-made Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment by solomon111(m): 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
jamace:

Where is the Nigerian Navy and their vessels and equipment? What about the equipments purchased and used by the Presidential Implementation Committee on Maritime Security and Safety? Or is NIMASA also dead?

Some persons are are just advising govt in order to get their own cut of the national cake. For all I know, any equipment necessary to monitor our waters is already available in this country. The various agencies involved in maritime security and safety are only playing safe by hiding the truth. They have the equipments and they know the oil thieves.
Nigerians are just too ignorant.
Nigerian navy does not have enough warships and frigates to monitor the huge gulf of guinea.
Many people on this thread don't even know that most of the oil theft take place on the high seas by pirates backed by powerful international businessmen.
The gulf of guinea is the 3rd most unsafe waterway in the world.
15billion naira is paltry.
Re: N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment by solomon111(m): 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
yiboboy: Why spend a dime? Why not curb corruption in high places and watch everything else fall into place?
How does sending GEJ to jail for corruption stop oil theft?
You think corruption is only in Nigeria?
Re: N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment by AZeD1(m): 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
solomon111: Nigerians are just too ignorant.
Nigerian navy does not have enough warships and frigates to monitor the huge gulf of guinea.
Many people on this thread don't even know that most of the oil theft take place on the high seas by pirates backed by powerful international businessmen.
The gulf of guinea is the 3rd most unsafe waterway in the world.
15billion naira is paltry.

The oil theft takes place in Nigeria not on the high seas. What they do on the high sea(Togo Triangle) is trading/transfer of crude from one ship to another
Re: N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment by olivertwist: 12:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
berem: Am sure the anti oil theft equipment is one hungry militant who is looking for contract to protect pipelines. This country is a joke!!

grin

grin grin grin My sister, you funny die. Do you mean what the FG is purchasing for N15 Billion is a BIG anti oil theft equipment like Asari Dokubo. Na wa o. shocked cool
Re: N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment by yiboboy: 12:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
solomon111: How does sending GEJ to jail for corruption stop oil theft?
You think corruption is only in Nigeria?
. Can you quote where I mentioned Gej as the guilty party? Or is GEJ the only highly placed govt official? Abeg free me ooh! I nor dey for una cyber tomfoolery!
Re: N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment by solomon111(m): 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
A-ZeD:

The oil theft takes place in Nigeria not on the high seas. What they do on the high sea(Togo Triangle) is trading/transfer of crude from one ship to another
Many ships carrying oil are usually hijacked by pirates.
The Navy recently killed 6 pirates that hijacked an oil tanker on the high seas.
Though i agree with you that oil theft is not on the high sea alone.
Re: N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
olivertwist:

grin grin grin My sister, you funny die. Do you mean what the FG is purchasing for N15 Billion is a BIG anti oil theft equipment like Asari Dokubo. Na wa o. shocked cool
Don't be surprised the equipment might be Asari Dokubo. You know he's been talking nonsense lately. The guy needs a private jet too! who says militancy doesn't pay. grin
Re: N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment by Dygeasy(m): 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
bakynes:

You are a very corrupt person,instead of you to condemn his wastefullness your here supporting Jonathan. So the money he gave to ex-militants to guard the pipelines has gone to the air nw over 130 million dollars. Anyway fools like you go say 'it is our Oyel Money'
You Dey Craze?
Re: N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment by Lilchilz(m): 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
kunlesehan:

U and Mukina2
cos dem go ban u until things beta ... lol
and u talk say u don well....
Re: N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment by jamace(m): 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
A-ZeD:

Thank you jare.

Many agencies have been tasked and equipped to secure our waters and oil, yet oil theft continues unabated. The security agencies know the oil thieves and the federal govt know them too..
Re: N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment by Mayflowa(m): 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
geeez: Here we go again

With my experience in that industry, you don't need any equipment

Flow stations give measurements of liquids that come into them and what leaves

It's easy to detect where a leakage or theft is

Stealing crude isn't as easy as stealing a car or even a plane.

Now my question is, what happens to the billions the militants get to stop vandalization of pipelines because you can't steal crude or refined petroleum without vandalizing a pipeline

That is why there is still a production rate of 2.4million barrel per day else it pipeline vandalism would have been a free for all
Re: N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment by taharqa: 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
jamace: Thank you jare.

Many agencies have been tasked and equipped to secure our waters and oil, yet oil theft continues unabated. The security agencies know the oil thieves and the federal govt know them too..
Oil theft is not continuing unabated. Abeg, re-read d Article you are commenting on again- Oil production has increased from 1.7mbpd to about 2.4mbpd. Does that indicate to you increase in Oil theft that goes on unabated??
Re: N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment by omenka(m): 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
bakynes: So what happened to the 130 million dollars Jonathan allocates to the ex-militants guarding the oil pipelines and facilities and still the country has recorded the highest Oil theft ever amounting to 4 billion dollars. Why can't he hold the ex-militants responsible for the Oil theft. He wants to release another 15 billion naira for to purchase anti-theft equipment. Jonathan very corrupt and imcompetent.

GBAM!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Question To Governor Wille Obiano / We’ll Shock The Southwest When The Time Comes – Arewa Youths / FG Plots To Shut Down Akanu Ibiam Intl. Airport, Enugu In The Yuletide Season !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.