Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ (31894 Views)

N15bn Cash: NIA Chiefs Disown Suspended DG / EFCC Act Makes It Compulsory To Expose The Owner Of The Ikoyi N15bn Flat / I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by PhockPhockMan: 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
A former minister of finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has urged the federal government to call the Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, to order, saying Mr. Oshiomhole is seeking how to link her to the $2.1 billion arms probe.
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala said she had “absolutely nothing” to do with the arms issue.

The Nigerian government has made high profile arrests in connection with an ongoing investigation into the alleged $2.1 billion arms contract.
Former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, was arrested Tuesday.

Mr. Oshiomhole was quoted Wednesday by Leadership newspaper as saying the immediate past finance minister, and former President Goodluck Jonathan, should also be prosecuted as they gave approval for funds to be released.

“The issue is whether the Nigerian president under the constitution has the power to approve funds belonging to local, state and federal government- funds that have not been appropriated by the National Assembly,” Mr. Oshiomhole was quoted by the paper as saying.
“That is a criminal offense for which Okonjo-Iweala ought to face criminal prosecution. These things are just discussed and wished away. For me, I will stick for the truth and don’t care what people will say,” he said.

In an emailed statement signed by her spokesperson, Paul Nwabuiku, Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala said that it is an abuse of public office, the judicial process and her human rights for Governor Oshiomhole “whom she stopped from taking a highly suspicious N15 billion loan to make false allegations against her while hiding behind the constitutional immunity granted state governors”.

“As recently confirmed by the Debt Management Office, professional analysis showed that Oshiomhole’s loan request which was based on using low interest World Bank loan to offset high interest commercial loans would have left Edo state with a heavy debt burden and the state would have found it very difficult to pay back,” the former minister said.

The former minister said it was unconscionable for the governor to embark on a “campaign of lies against her because she thwarted his dubious loan request”.
She described the governor’s unsubstantiated allegations as a “cynical personalization of the anti-corruption campaign to achieve ignoble objectives”.

“Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala therefore put Mr. Oshiomhole and his ilk on notice that she has briefed her lawyers and that she is ready to explore all legal means, local and international, to defend her name against corrupt and compromised persons,” her spokesperson said.
“It has become a pattern of behaviour that each time Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is internationally recognized, Governor Oshiomhole and his cohorts embark on a cynical and devious ploy of trying to pull her down locally.

“Just last night, December 1, Okonjo-Iweala was honoured at a high profile event attended by Vice President Joe Biden and former President Bill Clinton. Okonjo Iweala was honoured alongside Michael Bloomberg, Bill and Melinda Gates and Mo Ibrahim for their contributions to global development and humanity.
“Gov. Oshiomhole and his cohorts should realize that their ill-motivated attempts to taint Dr Okonjo Iweala’s reputation will never succeed!” the statement said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/194294-oshiomhole-after-me-because-i-blocked-his-dubious-n15bn-loan-bid-okonjo-iweala.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by Flets: 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
This news is public knowledge.
There is no difference between Oshiomole's face and mind... both are very ugly.

This same dubious 15bn loan was quickly granted by Buhari immediately he resumed office without any form of scrutiny.

People like Ibori, Tompolo etc have more moral rights to fight corruption than Buhari and Oshiomole

297 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by luvinhubby(m): 6:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
The fraud and national scam called APC is being unveiled daily.

Oshiomhole that did not build a road in seven years because of rainfall was asking for N15 billion naira loan and Buhari approved it for him.

Shame.

150 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by greatiyk4u(m): 6:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
Revelation and confession time

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by PhockPhockMan: 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
Flets:

I like the word Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala used.

Dubious

Ishilove, lalasticlala

104 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by PassingShot(m): 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
Please keep quiet this woman!

Is there a way you didn't know about all the arms scandal that is now unfolding in our eyes?

As the coordinating minister for the economy and minister of finance, you must have known of some of the shady deals yet you looked away.

Just please stay away from Nigeria if you like yourself because you will surely be picked up as soon as you're mentioned in connection with the arms scandal.

Just last night, December 1, Okonjo-Iweala was honoured at a high profile event attended by Vice President Joe Biden and former President Bill Clinton. Okonjo Iweala was honoured alongside Michael Bloomberg, Bill and Melinda Gates and Mo Ibrahim for their contributions to global development and humanity
Nonsense! How does this matter? What is the correlation between this and the issue of defrauding the nation under your watch?

Devil is even honoured among the evil doers. To the world, you may be a saint whereas you're as useless as fart to your country.

How could you, an acclaimed Finance Minister convince sane people you didn't have any idea how our common patrimony (trillion of naira) was shared among political thieves under your watch?

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by SeverusSnape(m): 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
PassingShot:
Please keep quiet this woman!

Is there a way you didn't know about all the arms scandal that is now unfolding in our eyes?

As the coordinating minister for the economy and minister of finance, you must have known of some of the shady deals yet you looked away.

Just please stay away from Nigeria if you like yourself because you will surely be picked up as soon as you're mentioned in connection with the arms scandal.
B00HARI and his Daura led DSS are toothless mongrel dogs. He won't do anything to Ngozi. Mtcheeww

Paid poster. undecided

176 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by SeverusSnape(m): 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
Oshiom-ole the man infected with Numerical Diarrhea.

Never mind the paid poster above, He's only doing his job.

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
We all know na. He wanted to use it to rig Edo elections in 2015 and give the rest to his young wife.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by seunmsg(m): 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
Shameless and incompetent woman. Under her watch as finance minister, over $2.1billion was mismanaged on arms purchase, N60billion was illegally withdrew by Dasuki from CBN without appropriation and N2.1billion was paid to Dokpesi for Jonathan's campaign. She has absolutely nothing to say about all these scandals but she's quick to abuse Oshiomole who only asked her to come and give account of her stewardship. That woman is the worst thing to ever happen to Nigeria's finance ministry.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
Flets:

FACT

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
osho baba....lol
d small man dt fooled edo people..

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
“It has become a pattern of behaviour that each time Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is internationally recognized, Governor Oshiomhole and his cohorts embark on a cynical and devious ploy of trying to pull her down locally.
ust last night, December 1, Okonjo-Iweala was honoured at a high profile event attended by Vice President Joe Biden and former President Bill Clinton. Okonjo Iweala was honoured alongside Michael Bloomberg, Bill and Melinda Gates and Mo Ibrahim for their contributions to global development and humanity.
Congrat ma!

People like Adams Iara OshÍomole are best ignored.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by Sijo01(f): 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
Please ma, ignore the midget. He's suffering from mouth diarrhea.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by Mogidi: 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
“whom she stopped from taking a highly suspicious N15 billion loan to make false allegations against her while hiding behind the constitutional immunity granted state governors”
I knew there was a reason Adamu hated NOI.
Whilst Aisha Buhari is managing #10mil watch, international gold digger Iara wears #50mil watch.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
That nigga be like Ghana juju...

11 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
Your excuses does not explain your role in those allegation.

9 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by omusiliyu(m): 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
[center][size=35pt]Dr Bakili Muluzi said washing ones dirty linen in public is not good[/size][/center]
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by shepherd77: 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
Shots fired

I expect Oshiomole to respond.

Someone asked at the top that you explain your role in those allegation s

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by kekakuz(m): 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
embarassed[size=20pt] I wonder how Lora and oshiomole makes love
I heard she covers his face with a pillow :- embarassed/size]

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by kennyman2000(m): 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hmmmmm....
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by seangy4konji: 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
Oju yobo.

180 degrees.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by Beehshorp(m): 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
Lemme voice out my mind before dey eventually decide to start imprisoning us dat speak the truth against the govt for 2years...
I am strongly a one nigeria believer but It now seems obvious dat dis one nigeria won't hold.. How can Buhari nd the FG know the solution to dis IPOB protests and the solution to a future war and don't want to do nothing bou it? Release Kanu and send him on exile from the so called zoo.. Save lives...
Instead they are planning on taking our freedom of speech.. Poverty has heightened and buhari is busy travelling..

Does the old man want us to keep shouting "sai baba" even if we are dying like someone under the influence of a mind controller..

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by qualityovenbake(m): 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hmm. Oshiomole is a bondservant to any government in power. He is a man-pleaser, obeys his master when he has something to gain. Oshiomole isn't a saint rather he is a bootlicker; he contributed in the precarious condition Nigeria is facing today because he was part and parcel of the former administration. He should keep his mouth shut because he never for once criticise jonathan when he was in power. Respect to former governor of Lagos State Mr Raji Fashola.
#OshiomoleMreyeservice#

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by Godsonkemz(m): 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
Can any good thing come from Oloshomole who is known for talking trash not just for his selfish ambition but for character assassinating reasons aimed at denting the image of Goodluck Jonathan and the technocrats who worked with him during his tenure. Despite the fact we can't deny the existence of bad eggs among them but Okonjo Iweala is exempted.

7 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by Bevista: 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
Dear NOI, I believe that you and Oshio have some personal scores to settle and it is entire possible that it is tied to the loan you referred to. My concern, though, is to know whether the issues that the governor raised are cogent and true.

I personally do not believe that you aided and abetted the corruption, but you simply looked the other way while it happened. You were the CME and Finance Minister, yet you just sat there and watched as our common patrimony was being frittered away on the altar of politics.

7 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
oshiomole has finished Edo state,owing pensioners 6 months pay!!,..all the money he has been collecting, nothing to show for it yet he is pointing fingers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by Barrywhite8620: 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2015
Space up for grab..... $A billion cool
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ by MzPecs(f): 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obafemi Martins Endorses APC (Photos) / 7 Nigerians Who Can Upturn IMF's Depressing GDP Forecast / Thugs Set Cars Ablaze In Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Complex (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.