Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,534 members, 7,826,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? (3600 Views)

Ekaette Told Me To Come To Her House Let Us Do Skobododo And This Happened (pics / Have Never Been So Embarassed In My Life / Have Never Been Embarassed Like This Before. (+pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by mamagee3(f): 1:41am On Sep 23, 2013
Will you be embarrassed if a friend came to a city you live in and stays in your house just to go for a professional test and you live in a two-room apartment even though your husband came to the U.S a long time ago ( 1980s).

And do you think she was expecting to see a big house instead of an apartment?
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by deniyor: 2:49am On Sep 23, 2013
If that is the case, I would not be embarrassed. If that's what I have, then I would be proud of it no matter what.
We are all different and we all have different achievements in life. To each their own.
As long as I make a honest living, and I can afford basic necessities for my family, that's all that matters. And I will thank God for that. After all, some can't afford basic necessities, and some of those who can, lose them or worse.

In all things, be thankful.

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by musaajebor(m): 4:13am On Sep 23, 2013
How many ppl inside the two room flat u nor count the children join? Haba since 1980 fa. Den swear for una

4 Likes

Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by Boll2010: 4:15am On Sep 23, 2013
Damn! U shld be embarrass big tym.......1980s.....too long to be successful......n if dat place is boring move down here n u wld be alryt n free
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by deniyor: 4:29am On Sep 23, 2013
Success is measured in different ways. You might measure success by the mansion or ride you have while another measures it differently.
There are many unknowns in this story. If the couple are living by themselves without kids or just 1 kid, why the need for a bigger place?
Also not everyone who lives in the states is successful based on the way many Nigerians like to measure success. And that is not nothing to be ashamed of.
Moreover, the two bedroom apartment could be a paid for condo. Even if it isn't, why should I be ashamed cos I haven't lived up to your expectations?

2 Likes

Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by biafranqueen: 6:05am On Sep 23, 2013
What would be embarrassing is if your husband is a wife beater, a drug addict, or a tout. Some people are living big but can't sleep at night, because they are watching their back. Imagine having a man that is rich but he will be sleeping with every women in a skirt. I have seen this type of life among the rich and powerful and peace and joy is the real wealth that money can't buy!

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by Exponental(m): 6:23am On Sep 23, 2013
Choice........not all rich men live in mansions.
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by Gudintent: 6:24am On Sep 23, 2013
Who is embarrassed?

The hosts or the visitor?

Nothing to be embarrassed about. If the visitor don't like it they should have lodge themselves in a hotel.

To each their own.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 23, 2013
Its not embarassing...
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by flolancracker: 6:55am On Sep 23, 2013
musa ajebor: How many ppl inside the two room flat u nor count the children join? Haba since 1980 fa. Den swear for una
;dgringrin
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by Ghadafy(m): 6:59am On Sep 23, 2013
Haha, since 1980? Very embarrassing, especially if the apartment is a project house.
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by Nomski0(f): 7:00am On Sep 23, 2013
Whats there to be embarassed about
As long as you're happy about where you are, fvck everyone else. Money is not a guarantee for happiness, people who place it high above happiness always regret it at the end.
Just pray for happiness and love in your family, the sky would be your starting point in achieving success.
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 23, 2013
Yeah it could be embarrassing if you are the type that brags and boasts about your husband living abroad. So people expects you to live up to the standard you've painted while bragging.

7 Likes

Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by goldfish80(m): 7:14am On Sep 23, 2013
nne3870: Yeah it could be embarrassing if you are the type that brags and boasts about your husband living abroad. So people expects you to live up to the standard you've painted while bragging.

Exactly! Nothing more to add

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 23, 2013
2-room apartment since 1980, shuo, na una suffer pass!!! If life in America is too hard for u guys, why not retire back home or better still ur village.

Do not console ur self with excuses that its all about choices and all that ish. Men thats fvck big time. Thats over 30-fvckin yrs maam
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 23, 2013
nne3870: Yeah it could be embarrassing if you are the type that brags and boasts about your husband living abroad. So people expects you to live up to the standard you've painted while bragging.

ConFam!
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by Danhumprey: 7:39am On Sep 23, 2013
You live in the States for over 30years in a two-bedroom flat?? Poverty is a b!atch! I hope you haven't been bragging to your 'local' people back home,that you are living life to the full,otherwise,that would make you look stupid and embarrassed!
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by tellwisdom: 8:48am On Sep 23, 2013
Poor girl sad..I wonder if u eat 3square meal sef sad

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by adewasco2k(m): 9:18am On Sep 23, 2013

Valid!
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by gulfer: 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2013
This aint Romantic, Why the font shade?
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by 25omega(m): 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
who gives a rats as what the other person thinks? people have to consider that they could have lost their home due to the bad economy or they were undocumented until 5 years ago grin Also what of the people who are building houses in Nigeria instead of buying houses in America

Too many things to consider
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by Tyche(m): 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2013

Nne chop knuckle
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by ChiSun27(m): 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
You just use your hand they give yourself wahala...do you live your life just to impress others or you live to impress yourself and God?

Answer the above question first.
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by PurpleHouse(m): 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
Its what you got, don't be ashamed!
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by PurpleHouse(m): 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
You guys should stop attacking the lady!
1980? So freaking what? She said America, Not Nigeria? Beside, most folks prefer to get a good plot of land Back Home here, Build a Solid Structure, while Hostling At the Wide Wide West! Even living in one room.
And again! What do u need a Bigger house for in America, when u got all u need in One small Apartment!
Even Warren Buffet still stays in his first ever acquired apartment! Small u might say, but according to him_ "I have all I ever need in this Small Apartmemt"....
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by lekkycee(f): 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2013
1980 is such a long tym sha,bt datz nt ur homeland so watz d big deal.....back 2 d question-i wuld b very embarad coz I knw wat wuld go on in my frendz hrt...lol

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by obibanks: 7:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
Please guyz, let's not b decieving ourselves. Hw can somebody b I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ USA Fø̲̣̣я̅ 30yrs and Ȋ̝̊̅§ still I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ A̶̲̥̅ 2room apartment, hav D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ been selling groundnut since d 80s. Wich one Ȋ̝̊̅§ "if they are happy 2geda", U̶̲̥̅̊ people shud b truthful †φ Ɣ☺ΰяselves. Everyone knws if U̶̲̥̅̊ hav been working smart enough I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ USA, U̶̲̥̅̊'ll be comfortable let alone wen U̶̲̥̅̊'ve been there Fø̲̣̣я̅ 30yrs. Itz highly EMBARRASING

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by oseiwe(m): 10:30pm On Sep 23, 2013
Pls, wat is a two-room apartment?
Is it a two bedroom flat or room and parlour or face me I face u or passage house?
Na just to tell any visitor say space no dey, dem no dey use shame chop poison.
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by mamagee3(f): 11:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
musa ajebor: How many ppl inside the two room flat u nor count the children join? Haba since 1980 fa. Den swear for una
Live with four kids

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by Aafulenu(f): 5:54am On Sep 24, 2013
Y should i be embarrassed? As far as i wasnt boastful and arrogant, i will welcome my visitor very wel.

But if i was all dem boastful, i live in d states type. I guess now is d time to eat my words
Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by mamagee3(f): 11:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
Post more replies please

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 26, 2013
What does it matter really? The savings should speak for itself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread For Guys With Abs! Ladies Welcome! / Final Warning / Can This Be Real?- This Is Indeed Funny!picss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.