Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:56 AM

Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? (46815 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / My Bachelor Hood Experience With Gas Cooker (pictures) / 10 Things You Didn't Know About Cooking With Garlic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Controversy: 9:27am On Sep 23, 2013
As a beginner cooking with gas or kerosene which 1 is cheaper?
I need peep with experience

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Akshow: 9:31am On Sep 23, 2013
nice question. the fact is that many Nigerians don't realize that gas is more economical than kerosene. i personally think gas is cheaper.

53 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 23, 2013
Cooking gas all the way, 3k gas will take me for 5months, while 3k kerosene will take maybe just 2months plus.

Once every weekend, My finacêê will make two soups and a pot of stew. Then I'll store them in the refrigerator. Plus I go to work and return 6:45 or 7pm as the case maybe, except weekends.

Perhaps that's why it always last longer for me.

6 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Chamackh(m): 9:35am On Sep 23, 2013
Gas is cheaper, I have been using gas right from my university and nysc days. I don't like using stove for anything.

8 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by YarisMan(m): 11:39am On Sep 23, 2013
Never again for stove, Never.

12 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by OreofeeOluwa(f): 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
Gas is by far better but people don't knw.if you compare how much you pay for gas and how much you pay for kerosene in a month,there is a huge difference.

4 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Controversy: 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
Akshow: nice question. the fact is that many Nigerians don't realize that gas is more economical that kerosene. i personally think gas is cheaper.
Thanks 4 the advice, i used to by 2 litters of kerosene every 2days @ rate of 150 per a litter. I'll switch to gas immediately, i heard 12.5kg is N3200 and it will last up to 2month if well manage

4 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Controversy: 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
Chamackh: Gas is cheaper, I have been using gas right from my university and nysc days. I don't like using stove for anything.
Appreciate! I have bought 12.5kg cylinder today

2 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by nikkytruth(f): 8:46am On Sep 24, 2013
Gas is cheaper . I use my 5kg for the whole semester . But Gas is more dangerous. Pls if you are the carefree type, pls use kerosene. If u must use gas , u have to be extra careful.

22 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by ifysimple(f): 8:47am On Sep 24, 2013
Gas , gas , gas
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by smartg(m): 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2013
Gas is more economical and more dangerous than kerosene,

2 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by everyday: 6:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
I love using charcoal.

26 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Policewoman(f): 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas of course. undecided
I use my 12.5kg which costs about 3500 for a month plus. A 25litre kerosene costs higher (cos u will hardly get at official price) and you will use it up in less than a month under the same conditions. Not to talk of the fact that it burns faster and also makes the kitchen smell awful, with black smoke everywhere. Ewwwww......

5 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Ralphlauren(m): 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
This is a no brainer. GAS

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by skyscraperTM(m): 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
gas cooker is better, #1500 fillinq every month and you`re qood to qo¡
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Afam4eva(m): 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
emmysenior: Cooking gas all the way, 3k gas will take me for 5months, while 3k kerosene will take maybe just 2months plus.
Do you cook once a week?

31 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by arewatech(m): 6:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas is more cheaper, cleaner and dangerous.

3 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
Use gas cook beans your story wouldn't remain d same

11 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by BigBen10: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
gas baba. Gas
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by babarazy: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
Am a bachelor... i don't cook.

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by hammerh(f): 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas,Gas ,Gas!!!
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by bfmconcepts: 6:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas is cheaper, faster, healthier and better.
I used to quarrel with my wife when food was not ready in time, but that is now an history.
She couldn't stay too long in the kitchen because of the effect of kerosene smoke on her eyes, that is also a thing of the past now
Upgrade yourself by using gas, but be very careful when using gas. Don't be forgetful when cooking else everything will turn to guguru in few minutes

11 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Sammiel: 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
Kerosene all the way. With N1,500 I'm good to go for the month...lolz. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Policewoman(f): 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
nikky truth: Gas is cheaper . I use my 5kg for the whole semester . But Gas is more dangerous. Pls if you are the carefree type, pls use kerosene. If u must use gas , u have to be extra careful.
5kg for the whole semester shocked na only okpa you dey use am warm every week?

19 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Teotihuacan: 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
O.p what about Solar power?! Those your options contribute seriously to global warming.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by nenergy(m): 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
Controversy:
Thanks 4 the advice, i used to by 2 litters of kerosene every 2days @ rate of 150 per a litter. I'll switch to gas immediately, i heard 12.5kg is N3200 and it will last up to 2month if well manage
flare-upload speed of 100 degrees flare/sec and fair usage applies at 12.5gb...so kg.lol
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by UchihaItachi(m): 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Na firewood cheap pass

2 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by 2NDACCT(f): 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas is faster
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Gboliwe: 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
Cheaper, Gas

Safer, Stove

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by abatajjvii: 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
Love fire wood for her triple action it performs for me
1 i use the wood for fire and very hot
2 from the fire i make coals again
3 from the burnt coals i make my ashes that i use in washing the back of the pot and other things

11 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by nenergy(m): 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
Controversy:

flare-upload speed of 100 degrees flare/sec, cost N3200 and fair usage applies at 12.5gb...so kg.lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Nigerian Jollof As Depicted By A Ghanaian / See The Onions I Bought For 1000 Naira At Mile 12, Ketu, Lagos. / Inside Insane Diets Of Sport's Stars - From Junk Food, To Drinking Urine (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.