Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,495 members, 7,770,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:51 AM

Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? (46819 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / My Bachelor Hood Experience With Gas Cooker (pictures) / 10 Things You Didn't Know About Cooking With Garlic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by hammedkola(m): 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
Depends on your pocket...both are cheaper
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by 9icegee: 11:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
Akukaria: kerosene is more economical than gas. Ma 12.5kg gas worth 3800k lasted for just 11days but a 7litre kerosene costing 900 lasted 4days....ma 2kobo
stop deceiving people!!
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by 9icegee: 11:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
mr answer: Kerosene is cheaper but gas is better cos of d its neatness. A 12.5kg of gas lasts an average of 10days in my household of 11people,while kerosene of about the same amount (25ltrs)lasts for abt 20days!
stop deceiving people
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by write2obi(m): 11:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
mediachirps:
To me gas is the best and cheaper, with my reasons.
*gas leaves no charcoals to your put, while kerosene does.
*1 litre of kerosene is 150naire, which could not last for two cooks.
*12.5kg of gas=3.5naire last more than a month.

P.O.T pot. P.O.T pot P.O.T pot, *just remembering my nursery school days*
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by doctimi(m): 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
doctimi: 7pm? What kind of work is that? Are you
a gate man or something.
hahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by roxell120(m): 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
those who say gas is better, do u like beans a lot like me nd cook it without potassium?
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by inice(m): 11:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
i filled gas of 2000 naira and i have been using it for 2 months plus. infact i don tire
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by inice(m): 11:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
9icegee: stop deceiving people

my friend true talk
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Dubemkelly(m): 11:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
TeamGas# I prefer gas to kero stove, tho in school I use both gas cooker n hot plate nd it takes just #800 to get it refilled nd it does last longer cos PHCN dey show well 4 my campus,den @home,its still gas,it lasts like it can but u can't compare a family home of 6 where u eat whatever u wanna eat,it lasts within 3-4weeks. Gas remains more economical n less stressful,no black soot n it cooks very fast.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by darelar(m): 12:18am On Oct 03, 2013
Gas is very good but am sure is Lag that you bought it at the rate of #3200 but here in Bayelsa is #5000 per 12.5kg
Controversy:
Thanks 4 the advice, i used to by 2 litters of kerosene every 2days @ rate of 150 per a litter. I'll switch to gas immediately, i heard 12.5kg is N3200 and it will last up to 2month if well manage
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Godyke(m): 12:20am On Oct 03, 2013
kerosene is cheaper and faster than gas when you use the kerosene pressure stove. just try this one. You go bow.

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by mkoabiola: 12:34am On Oct 03, 2013
Both xpensive.
Inflation everyday.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by mkoabiola: 12:36am On Oct 03, 2013
darelar: Gas is very good but am sure is Lag that you bought it at the rate of #3200 but here in Bayelsa is #5000 per 12.5kg
Nce1 ,tins too cost for BY.
I don tire 4 d place sef.
Where u de 4 BY.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by koolguy88(m): 1:18am On Oct 03, 2013
gas all the way...
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by koolguy88(m): 1:21am On Oct 03, 2013
na waaaaaa oooooo BaYelsa is too expensive.5k...
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by 49cents(m): 1:42am On Oct 03, 2013
As a beginner I think u should go for a kerosene gas stove.....a 4 litre would last u for 4-6weeks plus u have the options of buying as little as a 359l coke bottle if ur not bouyant.

But if u have bulk cash to a lot for cooking fuels Gas remains a better alternative!

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by dguyindcorner(m): 3:32am On Oct 03, 2013
Controversy:
Thanks 4 the advice, i used to by 2 litters of kerosene every 2days @ rate of 150 per a litter. I'll switch to gas immediately, i heard 12.5kg is N3200 and it will last up to 2month if well manage

we actually sell @ #3000

u may contact me on 08137055771
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by gnykelly(m): 4:16am On Oct 03, 2013
when there is light i make maximun use of my money by using hot plate. Boiling ring and others
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Akposy(m): 4:29am On Oct 03, 2013
Controversy:
Appreciate! I have bought 12.5kg cylinder today
Oww much did u buy it? And where?
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by PointBlank13(m): 5:40am On Oct 03, 2013
Walahi gas is cheap. But u need to be more careful n be ready to stay in d kitchen all through d time u r cooking. Moreover u need a back-up in case it finishes cos u may not easily find a place to refill
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by ifycent2: 6:17am On Oct 03, 2013
listen guyz...... Gas is gud for young boys and girls While Stove is gud for married persons
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 03, 2013
Gas is far more cheaper, better, economical than kerosine.
I am allergic to kerosine. During my service year i bought a portable gas stove and look for a 12.5kg cylinder to borrow through out that year.
You know what. I couldn't even finish the gas, luckyly for my younger brother was posted to the same place this year. He met the gas and still use it for close to 3months.
Its more reasonable to use gas cos it doesn't product smoke and make ur kitkitchen look free from black smoke.

So every1 should move the gas way.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 03, 2013
Gas is better but d fear of gas explosion is d begining of wisdom to use kerosine
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by kelvin1191(m): 6:41am On Oct 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Do you cook once a week?

It depends on his location. In kaduna, i normall refill my 12.5kg cylinder between #1200-1500 (company price) and it last for me @least 2months.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by donralph2000(m): 6:53am On Oct 03, 2013
I move the motion for gas any secondment!
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by phemybof(m): 7:00am On Oct 03, 2013
Akshow: nice question. the fact is that many Nigerians don't realize that gas is more economical than kerosene. i personally think gas is cheaper.
i support u ironicaly
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Starigna12: 7:03am On Oct 03, 2013
Gas is cheaper. Using kerosine stove u will need to buy vim which you will use in scrubbing the pots.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by mjizzie(m): 7:07am On Oct 03, 2013
Memyselfu2009: Use gas cook beans your story wouldn't remain d same
grin dts true, it will not remain dsame. I use both,kerosene is cheaper, u can buy 5-10 litres of kerosene btw N750-N1500 and use for 2months, but use N1500 filled gas hardly u will use it close to a month. People just dey form here joor...if u are a student , It's wen u av a lot of money wit u, dt is wen u fill ur gas cooker, just to form dt I use gas cooker.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by newpaparazzi(m): 7:12am On Oct 03, 2013
Controversy:
Appreciate! I have bought 12.5kg cylinder today
Me too want to buy cylinder.How much did you buy yours?
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by mjizzie(m): 7:16am On Oct 03, 2013
mr answer: Kerosene is cheaper but gas is better cos of d its neatness. A 12.5kg of gas lasts an average of 10days in my household of 11people,while kerosene of about the same amount (25ltrs)lasts for abt 20days!
you are d only sincere person here, others just dey form...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Nigerian Jollof As Depicted By A Ghanaian / See The Onions I Bought For 1000 Naira At Mile 12, Ketu, Lagos. / Inside Insane Diets Of Sport's Stars - From Junk Food, To Drinking Urine (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.