Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,599 members, 7,770,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:44 AM

Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? (46821 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / My Bachelor Hood Experience With Gas Cooker (pictures) / 10 Things You Didn't Know About Cooking With Garlic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Bright2(m): 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas is cheaper & it makes cooking go fast! Kerosine is expensive not only considering the amount for the purchase of kerosine also consider the money spent on buying vim & soap for washing the back of the pot & repenting the kitchen within a short interval. undecided click like if this is truth or closer to the truth! grin

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by ATMCARD2(m): 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas is far far cheaper n faster,just dat pple hardly bring out moni 2 fill d cylinder,but kero wit just 150 naira u get ur fud done,unlike gas 3.7k.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Wendyslim(f): 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas all the way. U can fix the head dat has a stopper ,wen u lock gas will not leak after use.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by 9icegee: 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
i read thru de whole thread carefully to listen if i'l hear any1 talk about 'green stoves'. No one did. Thts quite surprising, especially those clamouring for CLEAN ENERGY. Earlier i started a thread on CARBON CREDITS NETWORK (do a search here u'l c it). Am currently using their green stoves alongside my gas. Its pure, no waste at all, oh de only waste it produces is water anyway. CLEAN ENERGY
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by maximuz: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
cool grin

Candle or local lantern is beta...aa trial wil convince yu
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by obxddon(m): 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
But guys...Gas is cheaper but that cylinder explosion is more deadlier ooooooo
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by AdeniyiA(m): 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
babarazy: Am a bachelor... i don't cook.
hun, ...ekun, but aunty n yo WA.
no be so?
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by mariblizzy(f): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
For me Gas Ȋƨ more economical, and dats WђƔ i always go for it!
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by made2fit(f): 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
grin[quote author=Richiy]If for nothing, the fact that I would never again rigorously and vigorously wash back of pots and the fact that I would never have to worry about the thread of the stove or put my hand in the kerosene tank makes gas my number one choice. [/quote

Babe, I feel u. Can't tell you how many times I've had my fingers burnt trying to pull up a shrunken thread. And again, stove parts need replacement every now and then. Takes money, time, energy and fine fingernails grin thank God I'm now liberated.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by fittty(m): 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
We don hear... E don do... Haba
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Youngzedd(m): 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
Memyselfu2009: Use gas cook beans your story wouldn't remain d same

E don burn my beans twice. Smoke everywhere and the neighbours were shouting what is happening while I was busy inside the sitting room hitting my pc keyboard.

Gas na badt guy where beans is.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by kashflynn(m): 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
Policewoman: 5kg for the whole semester shocked na only okpa you dey use am warm every week?
sis i tire ohh... U sure say e dey use gas abi e won feel along??
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by agehero13(f): 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
gas is cheaper
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by taharqa: 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas is much better, joor.... I will Never ever be caught using Kerosine (Stove). Its been many many yrs since I used it
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Deybesee(f): 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
i hate gas cos it killed my sister
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Akukaria: 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
kerosene is more economical than gas. Ma 12.5kg gas worth 3800k lasted for just 11days but a 7litre kerosene costing 900 lasted 4days....ma 2kobo
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Akshow: nice question. the fact is that many Nigerians don't realize that gas is more economical that kerosene. i personally think gas is cheaper.
since my days in the university I've known gas is cheaper.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Youngzedd(m): 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
sanb: Gas is a bit cheaper.....and not just that...I also notice that the food you cook using gas taste a bit better than when you use kerosene....as per my taste bud......

Hearing this for the first time.

Charcoal sweet pass.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Youngzedd(m): 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
[quoteauthor=Akukaria]kerosene is more economical than gas. Ma 12.5kg gas worth 3800k lasted for just 11days but a 7litre kerosene costing 900 lasted 4days....ma 2kobo[/quote]

Aaaaaah

Na you dey feed the whole Nairalanders
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by emmabest2000(m): 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
Kero
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by duruh: 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
abatajjvii: Love fire wood for her triple action it performs for me
1 i use the wood for fire and very hot
2 from the fire i make coals again
3 from the burnt coals i make my ashes that i use in washing the back of the pot and other things
village man!
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by mranswer: 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
Kerosene is cheaper but gas is better cos of d its neatness. A 12.5kg of gas lasts an average of 10days in my household of 11people,while kerosene of about the same amount (25ltrs)lasts for abt 20days!
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by write2obi(m): 10:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
abatajjvii: Love fire wood for her triple action it performs for me
1 i use the wood for fire and very hot
2 from the fire i make coals again
3 from the burnt coals i make my ashes that i use in washing the back of the pot and other things
1000 likes for you
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by ejihand1(m): 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
emmysenior: Cooking gas all the way, 3k gas will take me for 5months, while 3k kerosene will take maybe just 2months plus.

Once every weekend, My finacêê will make two soups and a pot of stew. Then I'll store them in the refrigerator. Plus I go to work and return 6:45 or 7pm as the case maybe, except weekends.

Perhaps that's why it always last longer for me.
emmysenior: Cooking gas all the way, 3k gas will take me for 5months, while 3k kerosene will take maybe just 2months plus.

Once every weekend, My finacêê will make two soups and a pot of stew. Then I'll store them in the refrigerator. Plus I go to work and return 6:45 or 7pm as the case maybe, except weekends.

7pm? What kind of work is that? Are you a gate man or something.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
[quote author=ejihand1][color=#990000][/color]

7pm? What kind of work is that? Are you a gate man or something. [/ quote] grin bush pig
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
Deybesee: i hate gas cos it killed my sister
shocked shocked Jesus christ and some village squirrels are shouting gas gas
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by campella(m): 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
GAS IS MORE ECONOMICAL BUT IS USUALLY SO DISAPPOINTING
IT CAN LAST LONGER, ESPECIALLY WHEN ALONE BUT -------
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by mediachirps(m): 10:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
Controversy: As a beginner cooking with gas or kerosene which 1 is cheaper?
I need peep with experience
To me gas is the best and cheaper, with my reasons.
*gas leaves no charcoals to your put, while kerosene does.
*1 litre of kerosene is 150naire, which could not last for two cooks.
*12.5kg of gas=3.5naire last more than a month.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Jobabori(m): 10:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
[quote
author=Controversy]
Thanks 4 the advice, i used to by 2 litters of kerosene every 2days @
rate of 150 per a litter. I'll switch to gas immediately, i heard 12.5kg. The price use to fluctuate. it is not stable.
is N3200 and it will last up to 2month if well manage[/quote]
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by stpat1(m): 10:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
Memyselfu2009: Use gas cook beans your story wouldn't remain d same

hahahhaha that's true u know.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Okwyjesus(m): 10:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
[quote
author=emmysenior] Cooking gas all the way, 3k gas will take me for
5months, while 3k kerosene will take maybe just 2months plus. [/quote]

Imagine 3,800 for 12.5kg in PH.

Mind u, gas is far better than kero. cheaper, neat pot, clean kitchen, convinence.......
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Jadeng: 11:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas is cheaper and neater to use BUT its volatile nature makes people to run away from it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Onions I Bought For 1000 Naira At Mile 12, Ketu, Lagos. / Inside Insane Diets Of Sport's Stars - From Junk Food, To Drinking Urine (Pics) / Best Preservatives For Cake.....let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.