Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,616 members, 7,770,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:21 PM

Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? (46822 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / My Bachelor Hood Experience With Gas Cooker (pictures) / 10 Things You Didn't Know About Cooking With Garlic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nonywendy(m): 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
Memyselfu2009: Use gas cook beans your story wouldn't remain d same
buy beta beans, stop buying 30naira beans. I advice u go for brown or iron beans
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by itsmayiela(m): 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
gas is cheaper but charcoal is cheapest
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by mikerob116(m): 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
even
the nursery school pupil know that its Gas.
But what can one do when the landlord thinks using a gas cooker will put
his house in a risk there by do not allow tenants to use Gas?
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Doyensky: 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
Lolz... Its cheaper n less dangerous
everyday: I love using charcoal.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Dgaffer(m): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
Controversy: As a beginner cooking with gas or kerosene which 1 is cheaper?
I need peep with experience
@OP; cooking gas is more economical,cheaper and also makes ur cooking pot 2last longr and nt too black lyk charcoal......as also less fume
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Krisgift(f): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
bfmconcepts: Gas is cheaper, faster, healthier and better.
I used to quarrel with my wife when food was not ready in time, but that is now an history.
She couldn't stay too long in the kitchen because of the effect of kerosene smoke on her eyes, that is also a thing of the past now
Upgrade yourself by using gas, but be very careful when using gas. Don't be forgetful when cooking else everything will turn to guguru in few minutes
kerosene smoke in her eyes ke? I'v never seen such.mayb na una stove.lol

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by greall1: 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas risk.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by lymelyte(m): 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
HOT-PLATE all d way grin
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by pekelepekele(m): 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas is cheaper , If you compare the time it takes kerosene to get the food done and the amount of money you spend on detergent on hard sponge to clean the back of your pot and kettles you will know that gas is cheaper but unfortunately nah kerosene i dey use undecided . My landlord will refund any tenant that use cooking gas lipsrsealed
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
Less dangerous....
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Elmgnifico(m): 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
sanb: Gas is a bit cheaper.....and not just that...I also notice that the food you cook using gas taste a bit better than when you use kerosene....as per my taste bud......
your taste bud na wash grin
sanb: Gas is a bit cheaper.....and not just that...I also notice that the food you cook using gas taste a bit better than when you use kerosene....as per my taste bud......
your taste bud na wash
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by rhazur(m): 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
Controversy:
Appreciate! I have bought 12.5kg cylinder today
How much??
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by pgidex(f): 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
emmysenior: Cooking gas all the way, 3k gas will take me for 5months, while 3k kerosene will take maybe just 2months plus.
Hmmmmm! Na wa o. Abi u dey warm only takeaway food from party ni.
Coz I dey wonder o. Lolzz party rice tinz
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by sunkoye: 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
emmysenior: Cooking gas all the way, 3k gas will take me for 5months, while 3k kerosene will take maybe just 2months plus.
5month....abeg how u dey do am?....i used a total cylinder for 3wks mid last month. i dey suspect them though! angry
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas is cheaper! But Abeg let Nigerians stick to kerosene ooooo..... if not, na every hour fire outbreak go dey happen for every corner in Nigeria grin grin grin grin

As for me, Electric Cooker all the way cool cool cool cool. I fear gas....Kerosene is a NO NO NO!, na your pot go suffer am grin grin grin
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Elmgnifico(m): 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
kiss Gas cooker suits perfectly, no soot on ur utensils
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
Haha Lol; mind me asking how you know it's a wash?
Elm@gnifico:
your taste bud na wash grin your taste bud na wash
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by KDULAR: 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
Kerosene stove if regularly cleaned and set to ensure that the flame is not less than 99% blue if not 100% ( possible if tried) is more economical depending also on the size of the stove against the size of the cooking pot used. However when set to produce yellow flame, its use become in efficient smelly sooty and ultimately uneconomical. Gas is more convenient though.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by kobenol(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
- - d o u b l e p o s t - -
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by kobenol(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas!!
gaz to go gas mehn...
Perhaps it's the initial cost that puts of poor (reasoning) individuals. But this really shouldn't be cos the energy cost ratio of gas to kerosene suggests kero is wayy higher, the cylinders even typically would almost last a lifetime.
My Experience
I was probably four yrs. old when we used to have a particular "gas lamp". Fastforward to uni. period. I got a burner fixed on it's cylinder and jettisoned the mantle thingy. My elder sis. used this and passed onto me, myself passed it to my cousin, who then passed it to another cousin. I don't wanna bother tracking the cylinder again.
Last year, having relocated to Ekiti for NYSC circa October, I got me a 8-kg cylinder, burner and gas fill @8k Naira, It lasted me till one week to passing out in June. Although I "patched" up with electricity.
A good practice is to always regulate the valve and avoid hearing the hissing sounds while using, this is a sign of excess flow and the gas is burning with less oxygen mix aka wastage.
Bottomline
Gas refill is cheaper than kerosene in terms of energy output per Naira.
It's wayy decent in cooking as it doesn't "black" pot.
And no need for struggling to get "that blue flame" tuning the hot kerosene burner endlessly.
And people stop raising the point of *danger* I sincerely believe it's not, considering that kerosene too if adulterated is perhaps more calamitous.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Ofeakwu(m): 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
Contact ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ for Ɣ☺ΰr cooking gas if Ʊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥. Around Ogbomoso, Ilorin aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ Omu-aran. 08063684686
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by solidhomes: 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Do you cook once a week?

I been wan ask too o
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by seunlayi(m): 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas is cheaper
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Smart042: 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hahahahahhahhaha.i dey feel u
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Uyi168: 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
firewood is d cheapest of all.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by palugycolina(m): 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
if you cook all the time..then go with kerosense..becus if u do wit a gas..then evry 2 weeks na 1500k fillin be dat..
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by leonshom(m): 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas is cheaper and better !
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Decryptor(m): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
Wetin concern me with kero stove? Gas is it. But it is dangerous. Whenever i use it, i consider it as a cooking bomb!
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by SWG1: 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
gas is cheaper but if u actually buy 1litre from the right source and get this round stove( not sq type) that have abt 16 wicks. make sure u buy the kerosene saving wick. then it will be cheaper. If ure a corper or student, u mit consider that, but if ur not get a gas n save urself of washing soots of the pot....im talking out of 1st had experience
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by doopsy(f): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
My dear,its a known fact,gas is cheaper and neater...don't be decieved,its the rich that save more money..buy in quantity and save ...
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Richiy(f): 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
If for nothing, the fact that I would never again rigorously and vigorously wash back of pots and the fact that I would never have to worry about the thread of the stove or put my hand in the kerosene tank makes gas my number one choice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Onions I Bought For 1000 Naira At Mile 12, Ketu, Lagos. / Inside Insane Diets Of Sport's Stars - From Junk Food, To Drinking Urine (Pics) / Best Preservatives For Cake.....let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.