Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:00 AM

Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? (46816 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / My Bachelor Hood Experience With Gas Cooker (pictures) / 10 Things You Didn't Know About Cooking With Garlic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Lilchilz(m): 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
PRESENTER AKPOS: What’s your contribution? CALLER: There is this lady I wanted in my life
shortly
after my NYSC, But all my efforts proved
abortive. She
wouldn't pick my calls, she would laugh at me
while passing by for reasons best known to her, 5
months
later, I was able to get an apartment, get a
new car
courtesy of a contract job I secured with a
major oil company. Now most of the missed calls I have are hers,
barrage of sms and all that. I am confused on
what to
do. Please advise me. PRESENTER AKPOS: Listen up, give her a call
letting her know you will be at her house in
2hrs time. When it’s
time call her up and delay for another 2hrs.
Take a cool
Shower, wear a nice outfit and attention catching
perfume. When it’s time drive to her house,
walk to her door and knock, once she opens,
with d sexiest smile you've got, look stylishly
into her eyes, draw her
slowly to yourself, take your mouth close to her ear and
whisper ''THUNDER FIRE U'.

6 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by homesteady(m): 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas!
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas is cheaper but more dangerous.as a biginner HANDLE WIT CARE.shikina

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by tspun(m): 7:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
of coures kerosine is cheaper. But the benefit of gas makes it cheaper to me.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by greggng: 7:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
Kerosine still remains the best for me. Because am careless I don't need gas.

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by TheMan3: 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
Why use gas when fire wood is every were?? smiley
Let us all cook like our ancestors and make the world a better place smiley

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by STEKENT: 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas is economical but not that cheap
Now 12.5kg cost N3800
10 ltr of kerosine cost N1500
The choice of gas or kerosine depend on
1. The family size.
2. The type of food you cook most, how can someone cook indomie of 10 minutes on gas or kero at the end comparing it with someone using it to cook beans of 40 minutes .
3. Time and cost of refilling

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by osazeeiyeks(m): 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas all the way.
1. It is cleaner.
2. No smoke and dirty pots.
3. It is faster and more efficient.
4. It is cheaper and lasts longer.

A word of caution-it is more dangerous so should be handled carefully and properly shut off when not in use and leaks should be eliminated always.

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Tajsagay(m): 7:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
Cooking gas is cheaper, cleaner, greener and more efficient compared to kerosene!
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by LEXYCOM: 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
Abacha stove is better and cheaper....

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Okeikpu(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
Wot is korozine grin
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by yunglykmine(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
Have you heard of charcoal Stove?
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by optimistD(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
GAS IS BETTER. you don't need to buy detergent to always wash your pots and kettle. grin
And there won't be any mistake in buying gas unlike in stove where they can sell fuel as kero to you.
I almost forgot that bad smoke from stove.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by tspun(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
greggng: Kerosine still remains the best for me. Because am careless I don't need gas.
is not dat dangerous as pple paint it to be belive me i have being using it for four years now.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
Me that I get my kerosene free of charge nko?
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Luckygurl(f): 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas all d way. With 700 naira I re-filled my 3kg camp gas and it lasted d whole session.Although we are banned from using it but it worths d stress afterall.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by 1derfulGod(m): 7:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
I Use Gas Instead Of Kerosene. Cheap and No Smokes
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by executinal(m): 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
chacoal noni grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by temithayor: 7:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
Na firewood cheap pass

Gas is even cheaper than firewood for your information
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Fatdon(m): 7:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
I will go for firewood.

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by UchihaItachi(m): 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
The.Man:
Why use gas when fire wood is every were?? smiley
Let us all cook like our ancestors and make the world a better place smiley

make the world a better place by increasing global warming? lipsrsealed
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by rodeo0070(m): 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ceteris Paribus, Gas is cheaper...
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by eluquenson(m): 7:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas is safer as the new technology emerges, automatic lighter & its preferable to others.
Firewood We no they for village o
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by rill: 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
I use grenades
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by cycline404(m): 7:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
GAS.....
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Jake101(f): 7:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas all the way.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by misterawo: 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
from my experience, cooking gas is cheaper, faster and environment friendly. Cooking gas of N1300 can last for me for a month, while N1300 kerosene lasts for 2 weeks plus with attendant irritant smoke.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by mspee(f): 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sawdust tongue

Gas o jare
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by eyinjubaby(f): 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gas!! I refill my gas every 3mnths and is 12.5kg. Very economical!!!!
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Lilamartedi(f): 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
rill: I use grenades
Lmao cheesy
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by ikaleguy(m): 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
12.5kg of LPG(cooking gas) = 21.875litres

@3000 naira / 12.5kg cylinder amounts to N137 / litre. How much is a litre of Kerosene?

LPG calorific value( amount of heat released when burned) is higher when compared to kerosene.that is the reason LPG cooks faster.

Also, gas burns cleaner

Even gas is safer cos it can't be adulterated like Kerosene.How many times have you heard about explosion caused by gas?

As long as gas in confined in the cylinder,hose and the appliance,no problem. Even in modern gas installations,if there is leakage along line,automatically gas supply would be shut- off via safety valves.

Conclusion,switch to Gas!!

2 Likes

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nonywendy(m): 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
Controversy:
Thanks 4 the advice, i used to by 2 litters of kerosene every 2days @ rate of 150 per a litter. I'll switch to gas immediately, i heard 12.5kg is N3200 and it will last up to 2month if well manage
gas is cheaper. Mine is 7kg i use it 3months. No washing of back of pot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Nigerian Jollof As Depicted By A Ghanaian / See The Onions I Bought For 1000 Naira At Mile 12, Ketu, Lagos. / Inside Insane Diets Of Sport's Stars - From Junk Food, To Drinking Urine (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.