Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,358 members, 7,839,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall (19967 Views)

Four Suspects Of Westgate Mall Massacre Appeared In Nairobi Court / Kenya: Nairobi's Westgate Mall Siege Over / Mandela's Granddaughter Fighting For Control Of His Fortune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Caseless: 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
likita boka: The swift response from the kenyan forces helped a great. There were all equipped and ready for the terrorist. I wonder if na naija wetin for happen?
kai boka! Yaya kike?
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by theozobby(m): 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
Is assumed that the SSS may have aborted a similar tragedy, 2 boko haram suspect confessed to have buried fire arms in some parts of Abuja.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Tonbrazeal(m): 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hehe
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by sethxy: 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
many days for the thieves, one day for the owner. only God knows wat will

happen Again on October 1st.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by adepojuot: 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Michael_park: With all due respect to Muslims, why is that all the terrorist groups in the world are all from Islam? Can someone tell me if there is a place in the quaran that encourage killing of innocent people? I need an answer.
this are the qaranic verses that encouraging killing of non Muslims: Quran...Muhammad's Own Words: Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause." Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war." Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed." Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission." Ishaq:325 "Muslims fight in Allah's Cause, Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious." Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah." Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." What a
religion... Islam is indeed religion of peace.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by asusuall: 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
Terrorist,wat do they want
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Davo93(m): 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
Islamic terrorists always holding the world to ransomĀ”
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by kachiz(m): 6:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
Please o, this story no do me. we no sabi all the details, like hw many terrorist that was involved and even the white woman that was supposed to be with them. OP!!!!
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by XVIER(m): 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
SOMALIA kai Kenya bleep up they forgot BLACK HAWK DOWN.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by MahatmaGhandi: 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
akpomeme:

If Al-Shabab carried out such an attack on Kenya in response to Kenya's 'peace keeping mission' in somalia, where does Nigeria stand in this "Why you put mouth" terrorist strikes?

I Don download quran dey learn this religion of peace... amina name dey important. boko can copy sha... dem fit try dem self. This one boko get bullet pass army, our safety is in doubt.

laughing and rolling on the floor, what a way to know amina hahahaha, amina na e mama abi e wife pls remind me, I don forget. me self wan dey cram the peaceful book ooo
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by MiloRambaldi(m): 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
super_sun: I feel very sad each time Islam is coined a 'Religion of Violence'. When in fact it preaches peace. Sometimes I feel the violence is brought forward by poverty which paves way for 'Brain washing' and an eventual radicalism. May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

The violence is not due to poverty. Osama, White Widow, Mutalab, etc did not go into mass murder because of poverty - it's the radical religious ideology.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by asagal(f): 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
adepojuot: this are the qaranic verses that encouraging killing of non Muslims: Quran...Muhammad's Own Words: Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause." Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war." Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed." Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission." Ishaq:325 "Muslims fight in Allah's Cause,
Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious." Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah." Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." What a
shocked
adepojuot: this are the qaranic verses that encouraging killing of non Muslims: Quran...Muhammad's Own Words: Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause." Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war." Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed." Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission." Ishaq:325 "Muslims fight in Allah's Cause,
Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious." Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah." Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." What a
shocked
shocked
embarassed
shocked
shocked
shocked
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Aifey(m): 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
US n saudi arabia are behind all d terrorism u see since after 9'11. M23 a terrorist organistion has a cooperat office in washinton. Taliban just opened on oFfice in Quata.
For US n its allies, its a big bussiness.
War bussiness.
Obama is a devil
We jst discoverd oil in kenya.
Nw they will pay wit their blood.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by LajaLaba: 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
Religion of peace.....Peace be unto u all
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by victme1(m): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
What is it that has taken control of mankind? That mortals begin to defend God Allah:! What informed you mortal dt God or Allah cannot defend them self. Or are u telling that you know more than them? D kaffr you are killing are d hand work of God Allah. NOW DT u have killed the kaffr do u know DT u very denied them Aljenna heaven. And u will go to heaven after hellping God Allah to get rid of kaffrs they had created. What does it take God Allah to swipe out kaffrs if they so desire. Remember d story where Allah sent birds to trow stones of fire to kaffr and killed them all. I be live dt Allah is.still alive. Please let us leave judgment to d creator and stop helping God Allah kill innocent and ignorant souls. If u want people to go to Aljanna, then preach to them. But if u kill them they will go to he'll. My advice is let us practice our religion in our house and place of worship. Please let's try and leave peacefully. We are all humans
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
[size=30pt]R.I.P TO THE DEAD[/size]
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by iamboody(m): 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
I just want to advice individuals and Government not to be distracted by Kenya's incidence so that Nigerian terrorist groups will not take that advantage to hit us while we sympathise.
Everybody shld be watchfull.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
i can only laugh when i hear people try to imagine how such will be handled in nigeria.
there is nothing to handle here my friend. if it were in nigeria, the law enforcement agents will arrive late, will be very ill equipped(not even an old model walkie talkie will be functional), then will hang around hiding at a safe distance until either the terrorist finish off all the hostage or they just become tired of waiting for the security forces to initiate negotiations and that will never happen as none of them are neither trained for nor aware of what is called hostage negotiation and even when the terrorist get tired of waiting and try to negotiate, nobody will listen to them.. they are not trained for hostage situation. at the end, the terrorist will just surrender when they are tired of waiting.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by MrDirk: 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
coogar:

terrorists won't try that nonsense with the nigerian police. i repeat, no terrorist group can try such nonsense with nigerian police. their ways are too crude & medieval to even negotiate with terrorist groups in a hostage situation.

the same nigerian police that shoot at criminals in custody, danfo bus drivers, etc? they would quickly accept the collateral damage and storm the building. if every one of the hostages die, then so be it.

lol grin
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by rastamouse: 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
Aifey: US n saudi arabia are behind all d terrorism u see since after 9'11. M23 a terrorist organistion has a cooperat office in washinton. Taliban just opened on oFfice in Quata.
For US n its allies, its a big bussiness.
War bussiness.
Obama is a devil
We jst discoverd oil in kenya.
Nw they will pay wit their blood.

Ghana also discovered oil. This is just evil against GOD's people. Evil will always fail
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by mamagee3(f): 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
That's a good development. . .

Hope there would be no more fatalities
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by iamboody(m): 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
If one finds oneself in such shooting spree and hostage situation does any one have a clue on what to be done? Am sure some Nairalanders have had such experience..
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by jackymfon: 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
super_sun: I feel very sad each time Islam is coined a 'Religion of Violence'. When in fact it preaches peace. Sometimes I feel the violence is brought forward by poverty which paves way for 'Brain washing' and an eventual radicalism. May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

high level brain washing done under the cover of Islam but its not just poverty that leads them to it because even the elites and well to do are being recruited case in point is the Nigerian terrorIst in the usa.

i am not a Muslim sympathiser but its just common sense and obvious that wat started in a small sect has been hijacked by a bigger more sophisticated body that wants to take as much lives as possible. lets be very prayerful and watch our neighbours and friends cause really it could be anyone
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by rastamouse: 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
I am disappointed in the Kenyan security forces. They rushed into the building without proper planning and that has resulted in the standoff which had led to the deaths of several people. Looking at the pictures that came out earlier, I will not be surprised if some of the terrorists including the 'White Widow' have already escaped with the civilians.

In situations like these, you do not just rush in when you do not have a plan. How the gunmen managed to keep the Kenyan soldiers at a distance for more than 48 hours in a shopping mall still amazes me. I do not believe that the gunmen have any hostages, they were too trigger happy and probably killed everyone that they encountered.

The only reason why I think this has delayed is because the security forces are not having any body armour which will eventually make them cautious. With body armour, I think this situation would have been over a long time.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by slimdiggi: 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
The most painful thing is those wack terrorists will take the coward's way out: kill themselves!
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by marley145: 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nawa o,abeg make dem no remember naija o,we are ok wit our boko haram here o
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Asemo11(m): 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] common flood disaster we no fit manage na terorism we go come fit manage?
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Asemo11(m): 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] common flood disaster we no fit manage na terorism attack we go come fit manage?
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Madawaki01(m): 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
rastamouse: I am disappointed in the Kenyan security forces. They rushed into the building without proper planning and that has resulted in the standoff which had led to the deaths of several people. Looking at the pictures that came out earlier, I will not be surprised if some of the terrorists including the 'White Widow' have already escaped with the civilians.

In situations like these, you do not just rush in when you do not have a plan. How the gunmen managed to keep the Kenyan soldiers at a distance for more than 48 hours in a shopping mall still amazes me. I do not believe that the gunmen have any hostages, they were too trigger happy and probably killed everyone that they encountered.

The only reason why I think this has delayed is because the security forces are not having any body armour which will eventually make them cautious. With body armour, I think this situation would have been over a long time.
GOD bless u,every nlander is shoutin God knws wat wil happen if it's Nigeria,but i'm so sure dat no terrorist organisation cn withold d Nigerian Army for whole 2 Days,.it's nt just about equipments,but trainin and xperiences in such situations..THANK GOD I'M IN NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by gab150: 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
halfcurrent: One area that seems to impress me about the Kenyan forces is their response time to the attack. They really responded on time.
so u mean say if na nigerian forces dem knw go respond on time?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

West African States Postpone Launch Of Regional Currency To 2027 / Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit / North Korea Moves Heavy Weapons To Border With South.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.