Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,720 members, 7,837,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall (19959 Views)

Four Suspects Of Westgate Mall Massacre Appeared In Nairobi Court / Kenya: Nairobi's Westgate Mall Siege Over / Mandela's Granddaughter Fighting For Control Of His Fortune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Psylas(m): 10:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
Passing Shot:

In that case, all non-Muslims in the Arab countries should have been killed by their host Muslim communities since they are infidels according to your warped reasoning! Get knowledge so that you become free.

†hєү hv been killing Christians in †hє Arab countries, no lele
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by reveuse902: 11:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
hernars: @times nigeria is not worth the critics we give her...when i get to hear about d happenings in other part of d world all i could say is 'thank God am a nigerian'
sharrap my friend, how could u afford to sound this way? Abi u no follow us dey Nigeria as Boko harram just dey tourment and kill citizens. angry undecided[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by africadown: 12:02am On Sep 24, 2013
Nigeria we dont care if half of you are muslim. Send your soldiers with their hiv back to nigeria

the somali people condemn your invasion of our homeland.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Litmus: 12:04am On Sep 24, 2013
It's astonishing the amount ill will you get from Africans towards Nigeria and Nigerians. Many innocent people have died in Kenya, so many horrible and sad experiences- one British architect and his pregnant wife; children, women.... this is all about Kenya and sympathizing and morning with her and Nigerians have rightly done that but some Africans come on here to insult Nigerians, Why

There were even some people who's post sounded suspiciously as if they wanted the same sort of terrorist atrocity to befall Nigeria in addition to what we already have...wow!! Although i should not be surprised because some of these weird Africans or maybe they are not Africans -who know- but they came on here chanting BOKO, BOKO,BOKO when Nigerians were murdered by Bokoharam.

Anyway, condolences to the dead over there in Kenya and i am so proud of the Nigerian people's normal human responses to these tragedies. Keep it up and do not let these vile people embitter your hearts.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 24, 2013
eddiebruk: In as much as Nigeria should be prepared for such situations, they are likely to be aimed at the Northern Areas of the Country which as it is has more Muslims than Christians, there is a merely a 15% possibility of such attacks happening around the South South region, so the NORTHERN parts of Nigeria should be their prime target if at all they have such plans, and as such should be enough reason for the Nigeria Government to concentrate on beefing up the security forces around those AREAS with the South South ruled out as they can take care of themselves as it is regarding situations like this.
stay there dey jonze urself,u tink because u re in the south boko no fit reach u,keep underestimating dem

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Nobody: 1:59am On Sep 24, 2013
super_sun: I feel very sad each time Islam is coined a 'Religion of Violence'. When in fact it preaches peace. Sometimes I feel the violence is brought forward by poverty which paves way for 'Brain washing' and an eventual radicalism. May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

I refuse to be fooled with this bulllshit

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by RCh9Jense: 7:23am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 24, 2013
You all should be alert as i think someone is trying to spread some VIRUS on this thread, each time i refresh the thread my Antivirus keeps giving me a Virus detection alert, and i have trouble shoot the source and it refers to this page, so you should be careful.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by rrosheed: 8:07am On Sep 24, 2013
Michael_park: With all due respect to Muslims, why is that all the terrorist groups in the world are all from Islam? Can someone tell me if there is a place in the quaran that encourage killing of innocent people? I need an answer.

I would seek you to study these greatest acts of terrorism on humanity and find thier sources/causes. I'm sure they have no link with Islam. Mass killings in the second world war (Hiroshima, Nagasaki, etc, the Holocaust, the Vietnam war, open wikileak and study secret American deals on Iraq, Afghanistan among others.) Maybe you'll then realise that American is the greatest Terrorist and home of terrorism ever. Also, use google and search for any link in the quran( chapter/verse) that support terrorism. Pls DIY. Thanks
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by pendo89(f): 8:13am On Sep 24, 2013
halfcurrent: One area that seems to impress me about the Kenyan forces is their response time to the attack. They really responded on time.

God bless the soldiers.They are also Fathers and Brothers who risked their lives to rescue .
Soldiers are made not Born. smiley
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by pendo89(f): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2013
rastamouse: I am disappointed in the Kenyan security forces. They rushed into the building without proper planning and that has resulted in the standoff which had led to the deaths of several people. Looking at the pictures that came out earlier, I will not be surprised if some of the terrorists including the 'White Widow' have already escaped with the civilians.

In situations like these, you do not just rush in when you do not have a plan. How the gunmen managed to keep the Kenyan soldiers at a distance for more than 48 hours in a shopping mall still amazes me. I do not believe that the gunmen have any hostages, they were too trigger happy and probably killed everyone that they encountered.

The only reason why I think this has delayed is because the security forces are not having any body armour which will eventually make them cautious. With body armour, I think this situation would have been over a long time.

YOU ARE SO SO WRONG, I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO BEGIN EXPLAINING HOW IT UNFOLDED AND THE QUICK RESPONSE WE KENYANS WITNESSED FROM OUR MILITARY.

FYI ,Kenya has many undercover police reservists walking around in plainclothes, but wearing bullet proof vests.They patrol malls and streets mingling with ordinary citizens.Most of the guys you saw in plainclothes are reservists. Some just happened to be around and I want to believe that a soldier/cop is a soldier on duty 24/7 and not only when he is in uniform.

So here is what happened.

ORDINARY COPS ,IN BLUE RESPONDED FIRST TO THE ATTACK,BECAUSE THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. THE MILITARY STEPPED IN FROM THEIR BARRACKS WHICH ARE QUITE DISTANCE FROM WESTGATE, WHEN IT WAS CONFIRMED THAT THIS WAS NO ORDINARY ROBBERY.
THE HOSTAGES WERE TWEETING FROM WITHIN THE BUILDING UNTIL THEY WERE ORDERED TO STOP.

Those who went with guns ran to save lives.When a victim is drowning you don't look for swimming gear first if you can swim.Their mission was to get out as many hostages as they could even if it meant dying on the line of fire.That is what soldiers do and I give maximum respect to all soldiers for their sacrifice.

God bless the Soldiers.They are made not Born.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by eightsin(m): 8:46am On Sep 24, 2013
I've got to buy myself a gun.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by pendo89(f): 9:00am On Sep 24, 2013
eightsin: I've got to buy myself a gun.

grin LOL When they walk in with automatic weapons /grenades,you are at their mercy. Well it may come in handy if you prefer to shoot yourself instead of waiting to be blown apart into pieces.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by heilige(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2013
We should pray such does not happen in 9JA, because our police force will only just shot at sight civilian or terrorist.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by kumbus: 9:34am On Sep 24, 2013
hmmmmmmm......dis is so serious oooooooo...FGN should learn4rm dis n alwayz hav a contigency plans in case ds happen......
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by ifyalways(f): 9:37am On Sep 24, 2013
My prayers with them. Evil must never ever triumph over good.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by kingsclass: 9:37am On Sep 24, 2013
Islam? The religion of peace indeed.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by slimikenna(m): 11:37am On Sep 24, 2013
Sympathy to the people of kenya and those who lost a friend, family member or loved one. The Nigerian Police I know will not respond as well as the Kenyan police did, even if the highjack occured in their police HQ in Abuja. thus I commend the Kenyan Police for their bravery.

To those nationals of other countries insulting Nigeria...leave us to battle our beloved (or detested, as the case may be) Gej to give us our better life. And when d boko boys are wiped out and Nigeria becomes better and you guys start running to us begging for food and assistance....GHANA MUST GO pt 2 will be your lot.

And for the record HIV is most prevalent in East Africa...not Nigeria or our peace keeping soldiers. And people living with Hiv need our love and not stigma.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by musiwa1l: 11:55am On Sep 24, 2013
I weep with Kenya people in their sorrow

For a nation like kenya, which have prove my point that nigeria is not a sovereign state. To be hit by this event, it is hard to imagine. Know that I know many people from kenya, some friend. Friends I know many years living abroad who are from kenya.

Let me say a little about Kenya, when people say nigeria is a sovereign state. They did not know the truth because we never had internet to tell us the truth about our history as africa.

Lyttelton constitution of 1954 in which the independent act was base on was written not only for nigeria but also for kenya.

This is why you have to believe that nigeria is not a sovereign state, but a name mere to describe several protectorate in the british empire...

If you google. you will find kenya Lyttelton constitution 1954

So all my aboki friend who have been told lies for many years.. please google.

Now to the people of Kenya. I love you with all my heart and soul. And we weep together in this period. As an honourable member of the Mau mau . I weep with your nation this day.

Weep not, child,
Weep not, my darling,
With these kisses let me remove your tears;
The ravening clouds shall not long be victorious,
They shall not long possess the sky--shall devour the stars only in apparition:
Jupiter shall emerge--be patient--watch again another night--the Pleiades shall emerge,
They are immortal--all those stars, both silvery and golden, shall shine out again,
The great stars and the little ones shall shine out again--they endure;
The vast immortal suns, and the long-enduring pensive moons, shall again shine

Ngugi wa Thiong
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Psylas(m): 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2013

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by mwarawaa(m): 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by africadown: 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2013
pendo89:

God bless the soldiers.They are also Fathers and Brothers who risked their lives to rescue .
Soldiers are made not Born. smiley

LOOOOOOL.

Well, where were those soldiers before arabs were using you as slaves.

Your right soldiers are born, cause the entire somali people along with ethiopians, and eritreans are soldiers. in the true meaning of the word.

but you guys, lol, are a joke.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by pendo89(f): 6:55pm On Sep 24, 2013
musiwa1l: I weep with Kenya people in their sorrow

For a nation like kenya, which have prove my point that nigeria is not a sovereign state. To be hit by this event, it is hard to imagine. Know that I know many people from kenya, some friend. Friends I know many years living abroad who are from kenya.

Let me say a little about Kenya, when people say nigeria is a sovereign state. They did not know the truth because we never had internet to tell us the truth about our history as africa.

Lyttelton constitution of 1954 in which the independent act was base on was written not only for nigeria but also for kenya.

This is why you have to believe that nigeria is not a sovereign state, but a name mere to describe several protectorate in the british empire...

If you google. you will find kenya Lyttelton constitution 1954

So all my aboki friend who have been told lies for many years.. please google.

Now to the people of Kenya. I love you with all my heart and soul. And we weep together in this period. As an honourable member of the Mau mau . I weep with your nation this day.

Weep not, child,
Weep not, my darling,
With these kisses let me remove your tears;
The ravening clouds shall not long be victorious,
They shall not long possess the sky--shall devour the stars only in apparition:
Jupiter shall emerge--be patient--watch again another night--the Pleiades shall emerge,
They are immortal--all those stars, both silvery and golden, shall shine out again,
The great stars and the little ones shall shine out again--they endure;
The vast immortal suns, and the long-enduring pensive moons, shall again shine

Ngugi wa Thiong

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU.

KENYA WILL CONTINUE TO TRIUMPH AND SO WILL ALL AFRICAN NATIONS WHICH LOVE PEACE.

I BEG ALL POSTERS TO IGNORE ANYONE WHO SPREADS HATE ONLINE.

DO NOT REPLY OR QUOTE HIM,LET HIM SPEAK TO HIMSELF.

MAY WE DWELL IN UNITY PEACE AND LIBERTY PLENTY BE FOUND WITHIN OUR BORDERS.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by africadown: 7:01pm On Sep 24, 2013
I hope now kenya will withdrawl their soldiers from Somalia.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by meforyou1(m): 9:08am On Sep 25, 2013
africa-down:
I hope now kenya will withdrawl their soldiers from Somalia.
never. why should kenya withdraw from somalia? they will even send more troops there and root out the stupid coward terrorists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News - Colonel Gaddafi Captured And Killed (pic) / West African States Postpone Launch Of Regional Currency To 2027 / Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.