Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,773 members, 7,837,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall (19962 Views)

Four Suspects Of Westgate Mall Massacre Appeared In Nairobi Court / Kenya: Nairobi's Westgate Mall Siege Over / Mandela's Granddaughter Fighting For Control Of His Fortune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by misterjosh(m): 6:50pm On Sep 23, 2013
super_sun: Considering the fact that Nigeria is an active 'player' in African Peace Keeping missions, one begins to wonder if our security operatives are prepared for the kind of attack kenya just witnessed. I think its high time we start educating each other on "Things to do and not to do when you find yourself in a terror situation".
True talk bro, most Naijarians wuld av panicked, even our police too wuld av been just as confused as d civilians

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by gab150: 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
Aifey: US n saudi arabia are behind all d terrorism u see since after 9'11. M23 a terrorist organistion has a cooperat office in washinton. Taliban just opened on oFfice in Quata.
For US n its allies, its a big bussiness.
War bussiness.
Obama is a devil
We jst discoverd oil in kenya.
Nw they will pay wit their blood.
u b big fool.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by dbride: 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
Shyeikul islam1: I invite u to come to the north and stay with us to solve your proohesy

I bet you will be the one to give me away when that demon of death takes over your people, remember I am a kaferi....no thanks to that invitation to hell.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
Smfdh at stupid Nigerians running their mouths about the crap Nigerian army - that same army that lost almost of two platoons and their commanders to BH just last week. You lot need to shut the fvck up and salute the Kenyans for their bravery and prompt response in that difficult and complex building.

The British SAS, US special forces and Israeli commandos were there within the first 24 hrs how come they didnt perform any magic? Yet you lot screaming naija army. Stfu

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Msgamble: 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
Michael_park: With all due respect to Muslims, why is that all the terrorist groups in the world are all from Islam? Can someone tell me if there is a place in the quaran that encourage killing of innocent people? I need an answer.
Mike, try Quran verses lyk 9:15, 9:112, 9:38, 47:4, 8:39, 8:65 (these verse encourage killing of Xtain,Jew n non muslim) just lay ur hands on English version or google search d qouted-verses..gud to know d islamist are reelings, thank God
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by PassingShot(m): 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Michael_park: With all due respect to Muslims, why is that all the terrorist groups in the world are all from Islam? Can someone tell me if there is a place in the quaran that encourage killing of innocent people? I need an answer.

Must you display your ignorance for all to see? Get yourself enlightened!
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
hernars: @times nigeria is not worth the critics we give her...when i get to hear about d happenings in other part of d world all i could say is 'thank God am a nigerian'

With BH killing you guys like chickens?,the same images you see about Kenya are the same if not worse of what we see about Boko haram killings in Nigeria
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by klas(m): 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
@shymexx and ivyblue. You beat me to it. 62 died in a 2 day stand-off in Kenya after a suprise attack. Last week, over 160 was killed in Beni-Sheik near maiduguri including many soldiers within 2 hours in a state under emergency rule. The boko haram went away with captured military hardware
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Notion(m): 7:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
super_sun: I feel very sad each time Islam is coined a 'Religion of Violence'. When in fact it preaches peace. Sometimes I feel the violence is brought forward by poverty which paves way for 'Brain washing' and an eventual radicalism. May the souls of the departed rest in peace.
May be they teach the opposite and act the opposite,who knows.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Psylas(m): 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
in islam non-muslims are known as infidels, killing an infidel is no† a sin

Qur'an:9:88 Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."

Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."

Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious."

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
klas: @shymexx and ivyblue. You beat me to it. 62 died in a 2 day stand-off in Kenya after a suprise attack. Last week, over 160 was killed in Beni-Sheik near maiduguri including many soldiers within 2 hours in a state under emergency rule. The boko haram went away with captured military hardware

Seems like many Nigerians don't watch news or the media is controlled by the government that censor this kind of news,because what we see on the news about BOKO HARAM is worse than these al shabaab
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by MOSSADII(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
You are not serious dude! Are the BOKO HARAM not terrorists??
coogar:

terrorists won't try that nonsense with the nigerian police. i repeat, no terrorist group can try such nonsense with nigerian police. their ways are too crude & medieval to even negotiate with terrorist groups in a hostage situation.

the same nigerian police that shoot at criminals in custody, danfo bus drivers, etc? they would quickly accept the collateral damage and storm the building. if every one of the hostages die, then so be it.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Handsomeemmy(m): 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
What type of people shoot at children because they do not belong to your religion? This is just callous

Children for that matter?
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by PassingShot(m): 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
Psylas: in islam non-muslims are known as infidels, killing an infidel is no† a sin

Qur'an:9:88 Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."

Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."

Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious."

In that case, all non-Muslims in the Arab countries should have been killed by their host Muslim communities since they are infidels according to your warped reasoning! Get knowledge so that you become free.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Biggyd2: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
Rest in peace to the dead.

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by meforyou1(m): 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
The siege is still on going. But d kenyan army is determined to end it tonight. Ba5tard muslim terrorists all over d world. Who in his drunken state ever created this religion called islam?
Haven't seen 1 single muslim condemn this deadly act.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
I knw everybody is entitled to his or her opinion, but i found it hard to agree wit sum people that are speaking bad words about our security personnel on Boko haram issue. Do u knw how many military men we have lost since d beginning of dis Boko haram things? Wot u dnt knw is dat this Boko haram had already infiltrate all our security agency, they av pple (spy) dat are giving dem information abt all d plan against them. Moreover we all (according to rumours) we all knw dat sum great politician 4rm d north are d one sponsoring them. Wot i knw for sure is that the reason we find it hard to stop dis Boko haram things is because majority of them are Nigerian. According to one Yoruba proverb "enemies in the house are difficult to deal wit than outside enemies". If Boko haram are frm outside we wld av knw who we are dealing wit it. So nobody shld jst start open his/her mouth to ridicule our security personnel without d fear of god. At least those security men dat av been killed didn't die in d course of protecting their family, they die tryin to stop dis Boko haram pple. By d way do u knw how many boko haram camps av been take over from dem by JTF?

6 Likes

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by meforyou1(m): 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
Passing Shot:

In that case, all non-Muslims in the Arab countries should have been killed by their host Muslim communities since they are infidels according to your warped reasoning! Get knowledge so that you become free.
are muslims their hosts? Are they not indigenous people? Last sunday were 80 christains not killed in a church in pakistana? And how can u even kill all christains. Something d roman empire couldn't do
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by deb(m): 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
akpomeme:

If Al-Shabab carried out such an attack on Kenya in response to Kenya's 'peace keeping mission' in somalia, where does Nigeria stand in this "Why you put mouth" terrorist strikes?

I Don download quran dey learn this religion of peace... amina name dey important. boko can copy sha... dem fit try dem self. This one boko get bullet pass army, our safety is in doubt.
Read the book who is this Allah? Written by a guy call Moshay. U will know the truth about Islam if it is indeed a religion of peace or not.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by PassingShot(m): 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
me_for_you:
Haven't seen 1 single muslim condemn this deadly act.

Because they are not Muslims and they don't represent Islam. Take it or leave it.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by 3ace(m): 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
Emelcee: SHOCKER , I just heard from my land lady that deals on fish that a BOAT CAPSIZES AT ISHIET IN AKWA IBOM STATE KILLING MORE THAN 200 PEOPLE...that's a bad news in my state today... No link yet but am 100% sure that its true.

No be only CAPSIZE, u go soon see GELESIZE.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by ddio: 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
Let us all be frank with ourselves. We all practice what we teach...
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by theSpark(m): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
I saw soldiers at shoprite (Grand Towers, Gudu Abuja) this afternoon. They were searching all vehicles entering the premises. The search caused a little holdup. They don't want to be taken by surprise.

As for disenchanted nationals of countries Nigeria had gone to separate fights, I don't see them coming to cause us havoc for these reasons. Most countries we had gone to put mouth in, do not share borders with us. Fighters from such countries have a long trek if they are to come. Unlike Kenya that shares borders with Somalia.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by 3ace(m): 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
asagal:
Are you okay?
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by 3ace(m): 9:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
Madawaki01: GOD bless u,every nlander is shoutin God knws wat wil happen if it's Nigeria,but i'm so sure dat no terrorist organisation cn withold d Nigerian Army for whole 2 Days,.it's nt just about equipments,but trainin and xperiences in such situations..THANK GOD I'M IN NIGERIA.
It seems you don't know that a hostage situation is extremely difficult to handle except you don't give a hoot about the lives of the hostages. It requires intelligent strategies to bring the situation under control.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by waldigit: 9:32pm On Sep 23, 2013
Passing Shot:

Why not dispute the quranic verses quoted or give your own private interpretation. I don't know for how long we shall live in the world of self dellusion in the name of false religion. You don't know that you can't do anything against the truth but for Him. He is JESUS
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by HolyHolla(m): 9:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
The attack tactics employed by the Kenyan security forces are very impressive and commendable.

First was the quick response.

Then also was the immediate efforts to save and evacuate innocent civilians.

Third, so many of the security forces who entered into the mall to combat the terrorists used only small firearms like pistols, which must have ensured less civilian casualties, although it exposed them more to the line of fire from the terrorists.

The fourth was the general boldness and dexterity showed in the attack by the Kenyan forces. They were determined and not chicken or scared.

A fifth factor I noticed, was the use of communications gadgets by the Kenyan forces.

Sixth, you could see the compassion in the attitudes and actions of the security forces as they attempted to save the innocent and at the same time, attack the criminals. Some others would have resorted to harassments and harsh treatments of the civilian victims, which is a sign of cowardice.

Lastly is the tactic of room by room mopping of the mall instead of using explosives and gases to flush out the terrorists, which also would have escalated civilian casualty.

Bravo, Kenyan security forces. I hope Nigeria and other nations will learn from your professionalism.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by prettyboi1(m): 10:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
shymexx: Smfdh at stupid Nigerians running their mouths about the crap Nigerian army - that same army that lost almost of two platoons and their commanders to BH just last week. You lot need to shut the fvck up and salute the Kenyans for their bravery and prompt response in that difficult and complex building.

The British SAS, US special forces and Israeli commandos were there within the first 24 hrs how come they didnt perform any magic? Yet you lot screaming naija army. Stfu

Suicide bombing is way different from keeping hostages bro.... 2 very opposite things in the world of terrorism. Though I must confess I'm really impressed by the emergency response of them Kenyans.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by UyiIredia(m): 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
super_sun: I feel very sad each time Islam is coined a 'Religion of Violence'. When in fact it preaches peace. Sometimes I feel the violence is brought forward by poverty which paves way for 'Brain washing' and an eventual radicalism. May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

Not all of us think that way. The gateman in my place is a Muslim from Borno and he is an easy-going dude. Unfortunately, there is some truth to the stereotype in that Islamic fundamentalism does foster terrorism in some persons.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by UyiIredia(m): 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
iamboody: If one finds oneself in such shooting spree and hostage situation does any one have a clue on what to be done? Am sure some Nairalanders have had such experience..

Simple. I learnt from 24. Look for cover. Quickly assess the situation from your cover if possible and find a safe means of escape. The wrong thing to do is immediately scamper out, a good number of casualties did just that and dies on their way out through the main entrance. And for Christ sakes ! Keep calm such situations are the last place to panic, you can lose your head, literally, if you do such.
Re: Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall by Neddyogu(m): 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
super_sun: Considering the fact that Nigeria is an active 'player' in African Peace Keeping missions, one begins to wonder if our security operatives are prepared for the kind of attack kenya just witnessed. I think its high time we start educating each other on "Things to do and not to do when you find yourself in a terror situation".
believe me buddy, when u stare up into d barrel of an AK47 or M-16 assault rifle, ur little tutorials wont come handy. Ur head go just dry and ur trouser go wet....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

West African States Postpone Launch Of Regional Currency To 2027 / Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit / North Korea Moves Heavy Weapons To Border With South.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.