Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Few Pics Of Nnewi - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Few Pics Of Nnewi (18237 Views)

Ogbalaelu Spring Water In Abia. Pics Of Water Springing From Rocks In Umuahia / Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road / Flights To Anambra (nnewi) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Onlytruth(m): 8:20am On Oct 01, 2013
Abagworo this is one of the few times I have to agree with you on anything. I TOTALLY agree with your assessment of the quality of roads in Nnewi.
The town deserves better...much better. I say this because I know the type of money that is flowing through that town.
A friend of mine just returned from Nnewi and was constantly harping on the fact that Nnewi is now able to host any "returnee" business person or investor. His ONLY low score on the town was ROADS -the type that show that a city is amtitious enough, especially in light of the industries and commerce there.
I was home last year and saw the same roads, didn't want to make an issue of it because I was hoping that Peter Obi would at least hand over to someone AMBITIOUS enough, someone like Soludo.
Now I am no longer approving his performance because he is about to foist another clone of himself for another 8 years.
Nnewi can't wait for that!

Nnewi (like other Anambra towns) deserves better.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 8:52am On Oct 01, 2013
Onlytruth: Abagworo this is one of the few times I have to agree with you on anything. I TOTALLY agree with your assessment of the quality of roads in Nnewi.
The town deserves better...much better. I say this because I know the type of money that is flowing through that town.
A friend of mine just returned from Nnewi and was constantly harping on the fact that Nnewi is now able to host any "returnee" business person or investor. His ONLY low score on the town was ROADS -the type that show that a city is amtitious enough, especially in light of the industries and commerce there.
I was home last year and saw the same roads, didn't want to make an issue of it because I was hoping that Peter Obi would at least hand over to someone AMBITIOUS enough, someone like Soludo.
Now I am no longer approving his performance because he is about to foist another clone of himself for another 8 years.
Nnewi can't wait for that!

Nnewi (like other Anambra towns) deserves better.

Eze bili kwa!

Nnewi like some other parts of state are not there yet but with the pace of development spreading in the entire state all through the rural settlements to urban centers, it is confirmed that we will get there. UN Master Plan is now being gradually implemented starting with HeadBridge, Upper Iweka to Zik's Junction all the way to Nkpor and on and on. But more still needs to be done that is why we are routing for a successor that will carry on with the foundation Obi has laid.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by B2mario(m): 9:30am On Oct 01, 2013
Abagworo:

The reason why I feel disappointed in both Orji's(Kalu and Theodore) is that Aba would have easily been one of the most beautiful cities in Nigeria because of its excellent symmetrical planning and the good houses well lined. All that is needed is just good roads, drainage, walkways and markings. Looking at the pictures below, you'll get an impression of my dream. The 1st one is London while the last 2 are Aba which could easily have been like London if the Government did the proper thing and individuals repainted their houses.
abagworo you are right and no Abian can dispute that, we are disappointed in both but i think orji kalu was even better in Aba during his own time... I wish some Abian govt officials are on nairaland so that they can see the disgrace we are receiving because of their inability to put things right. Aba one of the then most important towns of nigeria during colonial era is now lossing it's glory. The dreams of jaja wachukwu, the 1st indigenous speaker of nigeria house of representative who move the bill that Aba should be given attention, michael okpara who did some upgrade both in Umuahia, Aba and portharcourt and even mbakwe who did the massive transformation are just dying.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by B2mario(m): 9:43am On Oct 01, 2013
Abagworo: This is Mgbemena street, Awada and why can't it be like picture2 which is also a street in London? Places like Uyo, Calabar and even Port-Harcourt have good roads but still lack houses but all that is needed in Aba, Onitsha or Nnewi is just good roads and repainting of houses.
abagworo thanks alot for these wonderful contributions. Our leaders are the highest travellers but they claim to be blind, our good cities like Aba and onitsha which require little attentions are just fading away. The only notable different between Aba and onitsha and london is just good roads and painting.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by oboy3(m): 9:48am On Oct 01, 2013
jbaur24:

major roads in Awada has been done including Ezeiweka, Oraifite etc. Ask anybody living in Awada. Those pictures posted by abagworo are from 7-10years ago.
must you lie?
I was at awada just last month abeg dont even tell me thats 7 years old pics
be honest for once
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 9:50am On Oct 01, 2013
@Mario

Talk about Aba, leave Onitsha out of your equation because it is far far neater with good infrastructures. There is no place to be equated to the mess in Aba in all indices of development. Fact!
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 9:52am On Oct 01, 2013
o'boy:
must you lie?
be honest for once

I didnt say that Awada is Silicon Valley. All that I said is that some roads in Awada has been done and some are at various degrees of completion like Ezeiweka etc.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Abagworo(m): 9:52am On Oct 01, 2013
o'boy:
must you lie?
be honest for once

Its not even about the year but the buildings are impressive.. The discoloration is mainly as a result of dust from bad roads. If the roads are done with pavements and covered drainage, that place will be lovely. It pains me greatly that many people view that as waste of funds.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 9:55am On Oct 01, 2013
Abagworo:

Its not even about the year but the buildings are impressive.. The discoloration is mainly as a result of dust from bad roads. If the roads are done with pavements and covered drainage, that place will be lovely. It pains me greatly that many people view that as waste of funds.

My problem is the way you talk as if you come from the moon, meanwhile we have worst thing in your state. I have always begged you to spend small of the energy on pushing okorocha to give you people good roads both in rural areas and not all these road painting he is doing on roads somebody built 30years ago. Hypocrisy grin
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Abagworo(m): 9:58am On Oct 01, 2013
You've come here to derail this one too?
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 9:59am On Oct 01, 2013
I will need to be here to whip you in line so that you do not bring your usual bitterness and frustration here!
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by B2mario(m): 10:16am On Oct 01, 2013
o'boy:
must you lie?
be honest for once
my brother live chino i've known him by his gramma and know that he can not give any constructive contributions, let him be defending our bad government while they are siphoning our resources for their generations even unborn. Chino will never see good development in his area if he's claiming that what present govt is doing is right. I will continue to be giving my govt constructive criticism untill they live up to my satisfaction. We have everything it takes to be like malaysia(a small contry but fast developing), nigeria is the 3rd richest country in Africa while the 30th in the whole world while places like thailand, isreal, south korea, cyrus, georgia, kuwait, greece etc are better than us while we are far richer than them. So how can i defend my state govt with this sad mind. My dear i'm not happy with the state of things in nigeria.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 10:20am On Oct 01, 2013
^

Nwokem if there is any state to weep for it is your state. There is nothing you will say that will justify that your state is not the worst thing to happen to SE. Nigeria generally needs a face lift, we can make it better..
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by achi4u(m): 10:41am On Oct 01, 2013
jbaur24:

major roads in Awada has been done including Ezeiweka, Oraifite etc. Ask anybody living in Awada. Those pictures posted by abagworo are from 7-10years ago.
yes! Ezeiweka road has been built, that road is something else before.

But honestly, our leaders are not living up to our expectations, look at how London is shining with neat environment.

What will it take to force ppl to repaint their building as Abagworo suggested?,and even tasks every landlord to plant atleast 2 trees or more within their surroundings.

Most of this small African countries are far better looking than this our gray and hash looking environment.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 10:51am On Oct 01, 2013
achi4u: yes! Ezeiweka road has been built, that road is something else before.

But honestly, our leaders are not living up to our expectations, look at how London is shining with neat environment.

What will it take to force ppl to repaint their building as Abagworo suggested?,and even tasks every landlord to plant atleast 2 trees or more within their surroundings.

Most of this small African countries are far better looking than this our gray and hash looking environment.

Okwu gi kwu oto..

You know that Rome was not built in a day? It is already getting better and it can only get better. Most of the roads both rural and urban are being rebuilt. The economy is getting better, investors are coming, jobs are being created. The glory is being improved and all..
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by B2mario(m): 11:02am On Oct 01, 2013
achi4u: yes! Ezeiweka road has been built, that road is something else before.

that's the same place my anger lies.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by achi4u(m): 11:06am On Oct 01, 2013
Again, this beautiful thread about NNEWI should not be turn to al shabab territory.

I think with little education and exposure ppl tend to grow from kids to adults.

Fighting everyone that counters ur argument or tries to air his /her views on a faceless forum is to me a village mentality.

To whom to may concern.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 11:07am On Oct 01, 2013
B2 mario: that's the same place my anger lies.

Chaii grin grin

How can your anger lie in a place that by 100 million miles better and ahead of your state? This is same hypocrisy am talking about. Maybe same man from the creek gave birth to you and abagworo. lol
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 11:10am On Oct 01, 2013
achi4u: Again, this beautiful thread about NNEWI should not be turn to al shabab territory.

I think with little education and exposure ppl tend to grow from kids to adults.

Fighting everyone that counters ur argument or tries to air his /her views on a faceless forum is to me a village mentality.

To whom to may concern.

They never made any useful contribution just like you are doing now, rather they chose to talk down on a state that is way to far ahead of theirs due to their complex. Did I counter you unnecessarily now? Is because you are making comments that are balanced and should be appreciated.

I have always known abagworo his bitterness and frustration coupled with his complex is legendary. But I have sworn to be out for him to demolish him at all cost both physically and on NL.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by achi4u(m): 11:18am On Oct 01, 2013
jbaur24:

Okwu gi kwu oto..

You know that Rome was not built in a day? It is already getting better and it can only get better. Most of the roads both rural and urban are being rebuilt. The economy is getting better, investors are coming, jobs are being created. The glory is being improved and all..
Honestly we're growing but on a snail speed.
Checkout most countries of this world, countries like Jamaica,Brasil, Iraq,even Congo and our near neighbors here Benin rep.
Time is not waiting for anybody, if we keep praying and waiting for miracles to occur instead of holding this modern criminals accountable ....we will wait till God knows when.
In summary, None of our states have STARTED.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 11:23am On Oct 01, 2013
achi4u: Honestly we're growing but on a snail speed.
Checkout most countries of this world, countries like Jamaica,Brasil, Iraq,even Congo and our near neighbors here Benin rep.
Time is not waiting for anybody, if we keep praying and waiting for miracles to occur instead of holding this modern criminals accountable ....we will wait till God knows when.
In summary, None of our states have STARTED.

You are right and part of the things I think states should start doing right now is to build there own economy to be self sufficient. Create enabling environment to attract multinational investors in order to create more and more jobs. The first thing is to create wealth then such key infrastructures as Port, rail line are needed as well. Connecting our rail lines to our various inland Ports as Onitsha, Warri, Bayelsa, Lokoja, Baro etc. is very key to overall industrialization of SE and Nigeria at large. This was the same way the Asian Tigers: Japan, China, Indonesia, Malaysia started.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by achi4u(m): 11:30am On Oct 01, 2013
jbaur24:

They never made any useful contribution just like you are doing now, rather they chose to talk down on a state that is way to far ahead of theirs due to their complex. Did I counter you unnecessarily now? Is because you are making comments that are balanced and should be appreciated.

I have always known abagworo his bitterness and frustration coupled with his complex is legendary. But I have sworn to be out for him to demolish him at all cost both physically and on NL.
hahahaha gringrin

Oga Chino abeg you are too funny. Remember, when u are pointing one accusing finger to Bro Mario and Abagworo...hmm u know what am thinking grin
So,in trying to demolish the duo of Abagworo and Mario and the rest of Anambra haters(are u claimed) ,you are invariably shooting in the market. lol

Their criticisms can bring more changes to Anambra and the entire alaigbo.

Umuigbo Happy independence grin
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 11:33am On Oct 01, 2013
achi4u: hahahaha gringrin

Oga Chino abeg you are too funny. Remember, when u are pointing one accusing finger to Bro Mario and Abagworo...hmm u know what am thinking grin
So,in trying to demolish the duo of Abagworo and Mario and the rest of Anambra haters(are u claimed) ,you are invariably shooting in the market. lol

Their criticisms can bring more changes to Anambra and the entire alaigbo.

Umuigbo Happy independence grin

Constructive criticism and not the one filled with hate, bitterness, complex and frustration. I have been following you on NL, I have not seen you make any bitter comment all the time I have known you here. You have been balanced and neutral. You know most of my people here are playing too gentle to check the menace of abagworo, but I have taken it upon myself to whip him in line whenever he rears his ugly head.

Daluu rinne..
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by asha80(m): 11:42am On Oct 01, 2013
i recently heard that neighbouring ozubulu is turning into an industrial town...how true is that?
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by achi4u(m): 11:46am On Oct 01, 2013
Thank you too.

I wish to see alaigbo and nigeria in general be like germany, japan, london and dubai before I kpaigrin
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 11:51am On Oct 01, 2013
asha 80: i recently heard that neighbouring ozubulu is turning into an industrial town...how true is that?

Ozubulu is the next door neighbor to Nnewi, development is fast spilling over into Ozubulu. Remember that Beverly Hills Hotel is almost at the boundary between Ozubulu and Nnewi. And both towns are all monied region.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 11:57am On Oct 01, 2013
achi4u: Thank you too.

I wish to see alaigbo and nigeria in general be like germany, japan, london and dubai before I kpaigrin

It is possible. We can all make it work by contributing constructively and physically in one way or the other. Like as I said earlier creating enabling environment for investors (FDIs) to be able to draw capital and create employment for us is key and that is the road map. It will trigger alot of other activities and over all development.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by asha80(m): 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
jbaur24:

Ozubulu is the next door neighbor to Nnewi, development is fast spilling over into Ozubulu. Remember that Beverly Hills Hotel is almost at the boundary between Ozubulu and Nnewi. And both towns are all monied region.
meaning nnewi is beginning to have an effect on surrounding towns like that onitsha has affected obosi,nkpor,nkwelle ezunaka and the rest.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
asha 80: i recently heard that neighbouring ozubulu is turning into an industrial town...how true is that?
maybe you mean NNobi, believe me, if u were to drive from Nnewi to Nnobi you wouldnt know when you'd drive out of Nnewi, they seem to be interwoven, nothing seperates the two. The only thing that angers me is the single lane road. I was stuck in traffic for close to 15 minutes @ the Teaching Hospital Road. Duualising Roads in Nnewi will be one heck of a hectic Job cos i just can Imagine any gov't in power willing to compensate anybody for the 3 and 4 storey's they'd have to knock down to make way for such a a dev't. Unless offcourse the 'fashola strategy' will be used, where the structures will be demolished for lack of 'C of O'. Anyway it has to be done, Nnewi just needs dual carriage ways.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
asha 80: meaning nnewi is beginning to have an effect on surrounding towns like that onitsha has affected obosi,nkpor,nkwelle ezunaka and the rest.

Yes of course, even the UNIZIK Teaching Hospital will move to their massive perm site before the end of the year. So once they move to their befitting perm site there will be enough land around that axis for expansion and overall development of the city.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by asha80(m): 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
INNO18: maybe you mean NNobi, believe me, if u were to drive from Nnewi to Nnobi you wouldnt know when you'd drive out of Nnewi, they seem to be interwoven, nothing seperates the two. The only thing that angers me is the single lane road. I was stuck in traffic for close to 15 minutes @ the Teaching Hospital Road. Duualising Roads in Nnewi will be one heck of a hectic Job cos i just can Imagine any gov't in power willing to compensate anybody for the 3 and 4 storey's they'd have to knock down to make way for such a a dev't. Unless offcourse the 'fashola strategy' will be used, where the structures will be demolished for lack of 'C of O'. Anyway it has to be done, Nnewi just needs dual carriage ways.
i actually meant ozubulu not nnobi...i have not heard of nnobi's case...well dualizing enteries into nnewi has to be done whether people cry foul or not..problem is the affected would always use it against gov. That would do it.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Afam4eva(m): 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
NNewi and most parts of Anambra township and developed but here's the problem: There are no quality roads. If Nnewi for example can have the quality of roads that the sokoto that INNO posted some time ago with some beautification then it will beat other cities but due to the lack of neglect by the government, these cities don't look as good as they're supposed to be. It's the same thing with Onitsha and Aba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Vehicle Lands In A Ditch As Family Were Returning From Festival In Imo. Photos / Relocating To Calabar: Any Tips? / South Korea Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.