Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,464 members, 7,954,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

Few Pics Of Nnewi - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Few Pics Of Nnewi (18452 Views)

Ogbalaelu Spring Water In Abia. Pics Of Water Springing From Rocks In Umuahia / Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road / Flights To Anambra (nnewi) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
Inno please check your yahoo mail, I sent you a message.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by ketoprofen(m): 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Can you remove the government infrastructure from a city? And which government are talking about here? The FG, regional or state? JUst accept that Ibadan is ahead of Nnewi and move. We mustn't argue over everything.

move where?
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by achi4u(m): 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
ketoprofen:

remove original soil cha?
Nawa o.
A na-ekwu na oku gbara onye ocha..........

@ OP, post more pix nah.
Nnewi doesnt end there.
Wish i took pix of d place wen i was there.
* my bad, how could i not have pictures of a place i lived for 5yrs sef*
Maybe you didnt understand me very well or maybe I didn't put it the right way but my massage has been digested?

The original earth was pile off and replaced it with another red earth soil because the original or formal one is sandy which could not last longer before it will be washed out.

please try get it this time.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by ketoprofen(m): 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
achi4u: Maybe you didnt understand me very well or maybe I didn't put it the right way but my massage has been digested?

The original earth was pile off and replaced it with another red earth soil because the original or formal one is sandy which could not last longer before it will be washed out.

Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by ketoprofen(m): 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
achi4u: Maybe you didnt understand me very well or maybe I didn't put it the right way but my massage has been digested?

i never misunderstood u.
I even understood ur first 'soil' post more dan this hilarious one .
Laugh no go kill me o
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by elobyobi: 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
Shooo
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by achi4u(m): 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
ketoprofen:

i never misunderstood u.
I even understood ur first 'soil' post more dan this hilarious one .
Laugh no go kill me o
gringringrin

when I read my own post self laugh wan kill me too.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by B2mario(m): 8:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
achi4u: This is my initial post on this thread. Hw can you remove Ibeto community bank, those banks, those 3 to 4 story buildings ,the market?
In fact, Nnewi adigo ka oga di unless government is willing to pay for the demolitions.
The dualization of Nnewi roads will be a litmus text to any governor that want to do it.
That city is jam parked that any slightly mistake from vehicle will cause alot of hold up.
akwa ibom state govt did in uyo during obong victor atta and the present imo state govt also did it in orlu. So any good govt can equally do it in nnewi with due consideration and compansation.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by B2mario(m): 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza: Abagworo is right,states are but arificial boundaries, an uga man is more related to an akokwa man than to an nnewi man, onitsha and ogbaru are of the same stock with delta north and oguta, orumba south are of the same stock with umunneochi and okigwe groups, that's how it flows.

States comes and goes,but kinship remains, izzi was once anambra,then enugu,and now ebonyi, can we say that an izzi man and an ogidi man are of the same stock? the answer is yes and No. They are not from the same igbo tribe,but they are both igbo tribes and have same fate and destiny.

So,let us drop all these artificial affliliations called states that can easily be re arranged by the whims and caprice of nigeria and drink from the stream of oneness, as Igbos. Onye aghana nwanne ya, cheta kwanu na nwanne di na mba.
nobody can dispute that, igbos are related irrespective of the state. Orlu people are more related to anambra state than owerri, afiekpo people are more related to abia state than abakiliki, omuma and etche in rivers state are more related to ngwas in abia state than portharcourt.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by ak47mann(m): 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
nice discussion cool
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by ketoprofen(m): 3:52am On Oct 02, 2013
B2 mario: akwa ibom state govt did in uyo during obong victor atta and the present imo state govt also did it in orlu. So any good govt can equally do it in nnewi with due consideration and compansation.

nnewi own go dey difficult pass.
Many tall buildings will go down, e go be lyk where dem fight war.
Influential ppl lyk ibeto will not allow their houses to b pulled down, n it wl b somehow pulling some buildings without pulling others.

Lyk sb said, o digo etu o ga adi.
D govt shd make sure to keep d existing major intra-city roads in goood condition
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by B2mario(m): 8:55am On Oct 02, 2013
ketoprofen:

nnewi own go dey difficult pass.
Many tall buildings will go down, e go be lyk where dem fight war.
Influential ppl lyk ibeto will not allow their houses to b pulled down, n it wl b somehow pulling some buildings without pulling others.

Lyk sb said, o digo etu o ga adi.
D govt shd make sure to keep d existing major intra-city roads in goood condition
nice contribution. With due respect, many 4storeys, 3 and 2 were knocked down in orlu even filling stations and reputable resturants in places like owus avenue, amaigbo road, bank road, owerri road etc to pave way for dual carriage roads. They wanted to extend the amaigbo road from orlu main city to adjunct like nkwerre and amaifeke but nkwerre people rejected it because they dont want their houses to be demolished. And dont forget that El' Rufai did it in Abuja where big hotels were also affected. So nothing is impossible!
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by achi4u(m): 9:11am On Oct 02, 2013
B2 mario: nice contribution. With due respect, many 4storeys, 3 and 2 were knocked down in orlu even filling stations and reputable resturants in places like owus avenue, amaigbo road, bank road, owerri road etc to pave way for dual carriage roads. They wanted to extend the amaigbo road from orlu main city to adjunct like nkwerre and amaifeke but nkwerre people rejected it because they dont want their houses to be demolished. And dont forget that El' Rufai did it in Abuja where big hotels were also affected. So nothing is impossible!
Yea! nothing is impossible but Nnewi case mighty be a serious case.

Let them maintain the one they have now. That town is too congested and densly populated.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 9:19am On Oct 02, 2013
achi4u: Yea! nothing is impossible but Nnewi case mighty be a serious case.

Let them maintain the one they have now. That town is too congested and densly populated.

I have said it before, nothing is out-rightly impossible!

It can be achieved, already over spill of Nnewi development is spreading to Ozubulu and Nnobi. And also by the time UNIZIK University Teaching Hospital moves to their perm site later this year, the entire city would have enough space and land. Another good thing is that the city already has a UN-Habitat Master Plan that will be followed seriously to further modernize the city.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by B2mario(m): 10:03am On Oct 02, 2013

Ok oo, information noted!
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by ketoprofen(m): 8:27pm On Oct 02, 2013

no be small serious case o.
Where i lived, the roads are narrow but d kind of houses dat adorn them is not what u mite want to pull down.
Orlu story can neva be compared to nnewi, lie lie.
Imagine pulling down all those hostels ogbuawa has- gigantic n massive 3-storey students hostel n another 4-storey big hostel.
Am sure all these are not in d master plan.
D same man also has a 3-mansion complex in another place, which am sure are not in plan too.
So, imagine pulling down 7 massive houses belong to one influential man.
Remember am still talking abt ogbuawa o.........
Nnewi own go reach CNN abeg.
Ngige had d same problem as a gov @ awka. For him to plan d city , he proposed Choice hotels and others shd go down but at d end of d day, it didnt work.
However, they shd start that planning from Awka first.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by ketoprofen(m): 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
B2 mario: nice contribution. With due respect, many 4storeys, 3 and 2 were knocked down in orlu even filling stations and reputable resturants in places like owus avenue, amaigbo road, bank road, owerri road etc to pave way for dual carriage roads. They wanted to extend the amaigbo road from orlu main city to adjunct like nkwerre and amaifeke but nkwerre people rejected it because they dont want their houses to be demolished. And dont forget that El' Rufai did it in Abuja where big hotels were also affected. So nothing is impossible!

lets hope and see
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by janykute: 8:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
INNO18: i might be in Nnewi this weekend, i just might get more pics but i cant guaranty that yet.
please try,will be expecting more pics.
Try visit Ifeanyi Ubahs area in Otolo and get some nice pics of that area.
Am really missing my town.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
ketoprofen:

no be small serious case o.
Where i lived, the roads are narrow but d kind of houses dat adorn them is not what u mite want to pull down.
Orlu story can neva be compared to nnewi, lie lie.
Imagine pulling down all those hostels ogbuawa has- gigantic n massive 3-storey students hostel n another 4-storey big hostel.
Am sure all these are not in d master plan.
D same man also has a 3-mansion complex in another place, which am sure are not in plan too.
So, imagine pulling down 7 massive houses belong to one influential man.
Remember am still talking abt ogbuawa o.........
Nnewi own go reach CNN abeg.
Ngige had d same problem as a gov @ awka. For him to plan d city , he proposed Choice hotels and others shd go down but at d end of d day, it didnt work.
However, they shd start that planning from Awka first.

The implementation of the UN Habitat masterplan has since begone. It started with the demolisions at HeadBridge, Upper Iweka, Nkpor etc. Even here in Awka, Amawbia bye-pass has been demolished and the road is being widened now, so is also Court road. Then some roads are being done within GRA to further expand the city.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 9:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ongoing road projects and construction work at the brand new two bridges that will flyover over the lake to link Agulu Lake Hotel Resort and Convention Center -Awka..

Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by biafranqueen: 6:32am On Oct 14, 2013
Rossikk: The place still looks very shabby and unkempt. The so called governor obviously has never heard of road markings, pedestrian sidewalks, or greenery. Just sand, open gutters, and garbage everywhere. Tragic. Poster please do not insult our intelligence by posting this nonsense. And before you shout SW bias, I am fully Igbo. Thanks.
shocked shocked shocked shocked from where?
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by biafranqueen: 6:46am On Oct 14, 2013
B2 mario: my brother your point is straight forward, i'm not against anybody criticising T.A orji because he's living 'below' or will i say' without' the expectation of people of Abia. But if it's what i'm seeing in anambra(ie whenever i go to the state), T.A orji is far better( the only dual carriage road obi built in awka is zik avenue while non is in nnewi and onitsha, but i heard he want to dualise upper iweka which i dont know if he has done) because he dualised many umuahia city roads like missionhill, libray and akanu ibiam road, bende road, new secretariate by-pass, aba road, built many roads in umuahia, built 3 ultra modern markets, built new 2 complex 5storey secretariats and another one which will be 12storey building is ongoing and they have reached the 6th floor with the skeletal work, equiped ABSU and built new lecture blocks atleast ABSU is still one of the best state university in W.Africa, built many hospital and teaching hospital at roadside in umuopara going to owerri, built many schools both primary and secondary but not like the ones in imo state just classroom blocks, distributed up 1000 taxis to youths but we termed that one compansation to his supporters but it was free of charge, dualised aba/owerri road and built garden at osisioma junction in aba, built many rural roads that's why Abia state has no problem with rural roads, he's now beautifying aba/ph express road with pedestrain bridges in every 10poles though i dont support the idea, he attracted many modern hotel in umuahia like biena aires, vera roy, de helson, eastern comfort etc, and in Aba like benidol, luxery city towels though Aba has many hotel before now because of Abiriba people who invest more in hotel, he also install street lights in umuahia, building new ultra-modern government house, attracted a very modern estate (adedebu housing estate), attracted shoprite and this new modern mall that's attracting peoples attention they want to build in aba, built catholic church for MOUAU students though federal university, he signed agreement with akwa-ibom state govt to dualise Aba/ikot-ekpene road. We dont have problem with T.A orji in area of umuahia and rural roads but the problem is Aba, he's not doing well in Aba, building road while he knows that aba drainage system needs to be revived. Because of this many roads he built in Aba did last just like in faulks road, ukwu mango, eziukwu road etc. But recently he started work in Aba just like peter obi and he's now working to revive Aba city drainage so that he can make Aba one of cleanest city in nigeria since this big mall is coming to Aba, though ASEPA is trying before now atleast umuahia is one of the neatest capital city in nigeria while you hardly see any heaps of refuse in Aba, and they have designated places they dropped their bucket while their men are always at work. Yes! Another problem we have with T.A orji in Aba is that he has never built any road in across express while the place is fast developing, people are building 5storey, 4, 3, 2 and 1 without no single road and major people doing business in ariaria market reside in these places like abayi-ariaria, umuode, umuocheala, umuojima, umuocha, niger-stone etc. But he's doing well in oil producing areas of like the ukwa west, east and obingwa.
Don't mind enemies of progress please showcase Aba for us soon, this encourages our leaders to work harder, we are waiting!
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by ojimbo(m): 8:42am On Mar 07, 2015
Rossikk:
I don't understand why you guys keep making excuses for these people. Look, there is NO BIG DEAL in marking a road and adding sidewalks to it. It costs next to nothing. It just takes a bit of respect for the people you claim to be governing. I was in Jamaica very recently and even in smaller towns than Nnewi, they never EVER build roads with open gutters or sand lying by the side etc. Every road has an adjoining pavement for those strolling. So we have ZERO excuse. We can't be living like animals and you say be patient.
this is the problem am having with umu anaedo. They keep on shouting that Nnewi is beautiful, i wonder if they have ever traveled out of that animal kingdom called nnewi to see how cities are been structured
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2016
jbaur24:

I have said it before, nothing is out-rightly impossible!

It can be achieved, already over spill of Nnewi development is spreading to Ozubulu and Nnobi. And also by the time UNIZIK University Teaching Hospital moves to their perm site later this year, the entire city would have enough space and land. Another good thing is that the city already has a UN-Habitat Master Plan that will be followed seriously to further modernize the city.
where is the NAUTH permanent site Located
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Daboywizzy: 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2016
some random pics
igwe orizu road

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Japa: Man Fervently Prays On His Nigerian Passport For U.S Visa, Others (Video) / 387 Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya Amid Crisis (Photos) / Car Fire Accident In Front Of Lafarge Ewekoro Plant In Ogun. Picutres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.