Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Few Pics Of Nnewi - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Few Pics Of Nnewi (18239 Views)

Ogbalaelu Spring Water In Abia. Pics Of Water Springing From Rocks In Umuahia / Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road / Flights To Anambra (nnewi) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2013
@Afam:

You made some points there. But it is getting better and it can only get better in Onitsha and Nnewi..
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by achi4u(m): 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
INNO18: maybe you mean NNobi, believe me, if u were to drive from Nnewi to Nnobi you wouldnt know when you'd drive out of Nnewi, they seem to be interwoven, nothing seperates the two. The only thing that angers me is the single lane road. I was stuck in traffic for close to 15 minutes @ the Teaching Hospital Road. Duualising Roads in Nnewi will be one heck of a hectic Job cos i just can Imagine any gov't in power willing to compensate anybody for the 3 and 4 storey's they'd have to knock down to make way for such a a dev't. Unless offcourse the 'fashola strategy' will be used, where the structures will be demolished for lack of 'C of O'. Anyway it has to be done, Nnewi just needs dual carriage ways.
This is my initial post on this thread. Hw can you remove Ibeto community bank, those banks, those 3 to 4 story buildings ,the market?
In fact, Nnewi adigo ka oga di unless government is willing to pay for the demolitions.
The dualization of Nnewi roads will be a litmus text to any governor that want to do it.
That city is jam parked that any slightly mistake from vehicle will cause alot of hold up.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
achi4u: This is my initial post on this thread. Hw can you remove Ibeto community bank, those banks, those 3 to 4 story buildings ,the market?
In fact, Nnewi adigo ka oga di unless government is willing to pay for the demolitions.
The dualization of Nnewi roads will be a litmus text to any governor that want to do it.
That city is jam parked that any slightly mistake from vehicle will cause alot of hold up.

There is nothing that is impossible. It can be done. The road leading to Nkwo Triangle is already wide, so dualizing and reconstructing it will not be too hard. Mind you it is only the major roads in the city that can be dualized. People said the same thing at HeadBridge, but today those structures has given way for the gigantic road network that has been built across Head bridge all through to Upper Iweka, Nkpor and on and on..

I heard from Obiano's statement yesterday that he is going to dualise all the major roads and streets in Anambra that are yet to be dualized.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by achi4u(m): 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2013
Afam4eva: NNewi and most parts of Anambra township and developed but here's the problem: There are no quality roads. If Nnewi for example can have the quality of roads that the sokoto that INNO posted some time ago with some beautification then it will beat other cities but due to the lack of neglect by the government, these cities don't look as good as they're supposed to be. It's the same thing with Onitsha and Aba.
The Nnewi soil texture is quite different, I can count how many times bank road (or Ezemewe road) were been constructed or reashpalted but within 6months the same road will be washed away. Until they removed the original soil before they got what they want. So, a massive work need to be done.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Zonacom(m): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
asha 80: i recently heard that neighbouring ozubulu is turning into an industrial town...how true is that?
Yea ozubulu is in Anids plan for industrial zone. I'm from ozubulu and i must say the town is reaping the benefits of being close to nnewi. Though we've got no decent mouth piece since udoji died.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2013
Young blood, INNO18, is that really the Nnewi we hear about on NL? shocked That place doesn't look better than Ibadan, yet Ibadan gets cursed out all the time smh. Some might even argue that Ibadan, with its brown roofs, actually looks a bit more decent than Nnewi.

Damn!! Nigerians are pathetic! undecided
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
asha 80: who be una?

I didn't get your point?
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by pazienza(m): 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
Abagworo is right,states are but arificial boundaries, an uga man is more related to an akokwa man than to an nnewi man, onitsha and ogbaru are of the same stock with delta north and oguta, orumba south are of the same stock with umunneochi and okigwe groups, that's how it flows.

States comes and goes,but kinship remains, izzi was once anambra,then enugu,and now ebonyi, can we say that an izzi man and an ogidi man are of the same stock? the answer is yes and No. They are not from the same igbo tribe,but they are both igbo tribes and have same fate and destiny.

So,let us drop all these artificial affliliations called states that can easily be re arranged by the whims and caprice of nigeria and drink from the stream of oneness, as Igbos. Onye aghana nwanne ya, cheta kwanu na nwanne di na mba.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Afam4eva(m): 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
shymexx: Young blood, INNO18, is that really the Nnewi we hear about on NL? shocked That place doesn't look better than Ibadan, yet Ibadan gets cursed out all the time smh. Some might even argue that Ibadan, with its brown roofs, actually looks a bit more decent than Nnewi.

Damn!! Nigerians are pathetic! undecided
Mr, people can compare Nnewi to Ibadan in a particular capacity but not as a city in whole. Ibadan is one of the most important cities in Nigeria and Nnewi isn't. NNewi is only mentioned in the capacity as a commercial and most importantly, an Automobile town/city. Nnewi still has a long way to go to be able to compete with the likes of Ibadan, Enugu, PH, Jos etc. It's a town that's growiing in infrastructure.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Kairoseki77: 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
The bias is too much. SMH.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
Zona.com:

Yea ozubulu is in Anids plan for industrial zone. I'm from ozubulu and i must say the town is reaping the benefits of being close to nnewi. Though we've got no decent mouth piece since udoji died.

Ozulubu may end up being the prime place in the near future as Nnewi main town has been bought 100%.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Mr, people can compare Nnewi to Ibadan in a particular capacity but not as a city in whole. Ibadan is one of the most important cities in Nigeria and Nnewi isn't. NNewi is only mentioned in the capacity as a commercial and most importantly, an Automobile town/city. Nnewi still has a long way to go to be able to compete with the likes of Ibadan, Enugu, PH, Jos etc. It's a town that's growiing in infrastructure.

You have a genuine point. They should not get it twisted!
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
Afam4eva:

I hear that and the new you seems a little bit better than the old one. This is the reason why people need to stop throwing stones when they live in a glass house. At the end of the day, most Nigerian cities (or should I say villages) are still stuck in the middle-ages, dusty and uncivilised. And more reason why posters need to start discussing topics and leave out unnecessary bias and petty grandiose delusions.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza: Abagworo is right,states are but arificial boundaries, an uga man is more related to an akokwa man than to an nnewi man, onitsha and ogbaru are of the same stock with delta north and oguta, orumba south are of the same stock with umunneochi and okigwe groups, that's how it flows.

States comes and goes,but kinship remains, izzi was once anambra,then enugu,and now ebonyi, can we say that an izzi man and an ogidi man are of the same stock? the answer is yes and No. They are not from the same igbo tribe,but they are both igbo tribes and have same fate and destiny.

So,let us drop all these artificial affliliations called states that can easily be re arranged by the whims and caprice of nigeria and drink from the stream of oneness, as Igbos. Onye aghana nwanne ya, cheta kwanu na nwanne di na mba.

You are right and wrong at the same time. Like I have always told abagworo no part of Anambra has anything in common with any part of Imo state. Not in culture, not in marriage, no nothing whatsoever. Anambra people don't even marry from Imo state, in most cases we Anambrans consider it a taboo to do that. Anambra has some things in come with some parts of Anioma in Delta and small part of Enugu state.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Kairoseki77: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
Afam4eva:

I would like you to explain why you hid my comment concerning the placement of this thread.

Nothing I said violated ANY of the 21 rules.

This entire thread should be in the culture section. It has nothing to do with politics. And you know it.

Why is it so hard for you to just do your jobs?
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by achi4u(m): 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
Lets keep the the discussion clean, I hate seeing hidden post.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Kairoseki77: 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
achi4u: Lets keep the the discussion clean, I hate seeing hidden post.

The discussion WAS clean. The only thing I posted was that this thread should be moved to culture, and it was hidden.

I am assuming that some people responded, and they were hidden as well.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Dkobo(m): 2:43pm On Oct 01, 2013
Kairoseki77:

The discussion WAS clean. The only thing I posted was that this thread should be moved to culture, and it was hidden.

I am assuming that some people responded, and they were hidden as well.
This post has been hidden
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by ketoprofen(m): 2:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
Afam4eva:

what are u saying?
Dont associate ibadan, sea of red zincs, with those other cities u mentioned above .
Ibadan can only be beta dan nnewi by roads and govt infrastructure, full stop.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Afam4eva(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
ketoprofen:

what are u saying?
Dont associate ibadan, sea of red zincs, with those other cities u mentioned above .
Ibadan can only be beta dan nnewi by roads and govt infrastructure, full stop.
You're very wrong. of course Ibadan has buildings with red zinc but it also has normal houses like you see in Lagos. It's a very big city and one of the most important in NIgeria. We only talk about the city in negative light cos we believe it deserves more than it's getting. You can't can't compare Nnewi with a city that has a major university, TV stations, 2 stadiums and other i infrastructure that complete cities are known for. Ibadan is a complete city but Nnewi isn't just yet. It;s still growing though has huge potentials.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by ketoprofen(m): 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
achi4u:
The Nnewi soil texture is quite different, I can count how many times bank road (or Ezemewe road) were been constructed or reashpalted but within 6months the same road will be washed away. Until they removed the original soil before they got what they want. So, a massive work need to be done.

remove original soil cha?
Nawa o.
A na-ekwu na oku gbara onye ocha..........

@ OP, post more pix nah.
Nnewi doesnt end there.
Wish i took pix of d place wen i was there.
* my bad, how could i not have pictures of a place i lived for 5yrs sef*
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by ketoprofen(m): 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're very wrong. of course Ibadan has buildings with red zinc but it also has normal houses like you see in Lagos. It's a very big city and one of the most important in NIgeria. We only talk about the city in negative light cos we believe it deserves more than it's getting. You can't can't compare Nnewi with a city that has a major university, TV stations and other i infrastructure that complete cities are known for. Ibadan is a complete city but Nnewi isn't just yet. It;s still growing though has huge potentials.

dats wat i mean by govt infrastructure. Aside which, *smh*
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Afam4eva(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
ketoprofen:

dats wat i mean by govt infrastructure. Aside which, *smh*
Can you remove the government infrastructure from a city? And which government are talking about here? The FG, regional or state? JUst accept that Ibadan is ahead of Nnewi and move. We mustn't argue over everything.
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by jbaur24: 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2013
Both of you are saying the same thing in different ways. Just find a balance..

Nnewi is a growing city..simple!
cheesy
Re: Few Pics Of Nnewi by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
ketoprofen:

remove original soil cha?
Nawa o.
A na-ekwu na oku gbara onye ocha..........

@ OP, post more pix nah.
Nnewi doesnt end there.
Wish i took pix of d place wen i was there.
* my bad, how could i not have pictures of a place i lived for 5yrs sef*
i might be in Nnewi this weekend, i just might get more pics but i cant guaranty that yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Vehicle Lands In A Ditch As Family Were Returning From Festival In Imo. Photos / Relocating To Calabar: Any Tips? / South Korea Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.