Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October (32676 Views)

NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters / Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors / FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by prettyprettywow: 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Pretty when you see some posts its best to pass bye. Anytime anyone insult doctors or demean their role you health workers are quick to take sides with them. An example is the semi-luny called Fejiro Oliver typing all sort of hate posts and derogatory write ups about doctors. How many health workers stood up and told him he had gone beyond his boundaries, in fact he was congratulated on the comment page. This page is actually on ARD strike I wonder what you kids in Pharmacy and Nursing are doing here if you aint MBBS. And about inferiority, get a life is my response. Blessings!
wow, you have already concluded that am a health worker.I can see that you view anybody that does not agree with you as an enemy.That's too bad.As for people insulting doctors, I have not seen where a doctor has ever defended other health workers, so why would they do same? that will only happen when you guys start respecting each others profession and not trying to run others down.

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by prettyprettywow: 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
Laalamed: many members of johesu forget that medicine is international profession. professional orders cannot be changed. read this link

www.wma.net/en/30publications/10policies/30council/cr_15/index.html

www.wma.net/en/30publications/10policies/20archives/a21/index.html
And other profession are not international? LOL. Cry Cry babies. Stop writing if you guys don't have anything to say. The more you write, the more immature you sound.

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
prettyprettywow: And other profession are not international? LOL. Cry Cry babies. Stop writing if you guys don't have anything to say. The more you write, the more immature you sound.
Im glad a 3rd party has spoken. And this is Epic!
No hate from me to anyone but pride, arrogance and pest-like attitudes are big turn offs.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2013
prettyprettywow: And other profession are not international? LOL. Cry Cry babies. Stop writing if you guys don't have anything to say. The more you write, the more immature you sound.
you are a kid. do u bother to read the links? the links are about physcian orders.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 19, 2013
Nigerian doctors are not known for going on strikes. I just wonder why the country has made it so. The highest paid professionals in the US are made subject of ridicule in a nearly failed state like Naija. Someday the truth must come out. I thought by now I should be using a brand new ride but unfortunately its still toks and still I have these health workers mumbling gibberish and their children and friends muttering jargon.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Nigerian doctors are not known for going on strikes. I just wonder why the country has made it so. The highest paid professionals in the US are made subject of ridicule in a nearly failed state like Naija. Someday the truth must come out. I thought by now I should be using a brand new ride but unfortunately its still toks and still I have these health workers mumbling gibberish and their children and friends muttering jargon.
no wonder u brought ur frustration here to transfer aggresion, we now know better.
All will be well bro, take heart.

4 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by onagoodday1: 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Nigerian doctors are not known for going on strikes. I just wonder why the country has made it so. The highest paid professionals in the US are made subject of ridicule in a nearly failed state like Naija. Someday the truth must come out. I thought by now I should be using a brand new ride but unfortunately its still toks and still I have these health workers mumbling gibberish and their children and friends muttering jargon.
It is a real pity that this is what our doctors are all about, i will urge you to pls read this http://mypharmacymydream./2013/09/06/see-what-education-has-done-to-the-health-sector/#comment-100

3 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
On a good day you must be high on cheap drugs. No body grew up as a child and wanted to be a radiographer or can stand up and tell his parents that he want to be a mortuary attendant or even a lab technician. So that write up is filled with the crap low scoring jamb students and failed out medical students are filled with. Google the highest paid staff in the US and tell me why the doctor and not other health appendages are at the top. Corruption is the bain of our society and the bain of the health workers struggle. The physician led health care system in advanced countries could possibly not work in Nigeria.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by onagoodday1: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
dr_joshua2000: On a good day you must be high on cheap drugs. No body grew up as a child and wanted to be a radiographer or can stand up and tell his parents that he want to be a mortuary attendant or even a lab technician. So that write up is filled with the crap low scoring jamb students and failed out medical students are filled with. Google the highest paid staff in the US and tell me why the doctor and not other health appendages are at the top. Corruption is the bain of our society and the bain of the health workers struggle. The physician led health care system in advanced countries could possibly not work in Nigeria.
people of your type should not have graced the medical profession,medicine is a call to service, and peple like arenot cut out for such,the manner and style you want to get rich at the expense of the patient is alarming.
A word of advise,you will do very well in alaba or main market where you can make all the money wish for,you are not cut out for medicine,you are too greedy

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by prettyprettywow: 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
dr_joshua2000: On a good day you must be high on cheap drugs. No body grew up as a child and wanted to be a radiographer or can stand up and tell his parents that he want to be a mortuary attendant or even a lab technician. So that write up is filled with the crap low scoring jamb students and failed out medical students are filled with. Google the highest paid staff in the US and tell me why the doctor and not other health appendages are at the top. Corruption is the bain of our society and the bain of the health workers struggle. The physician led health care system in advanced countries could possibly not work in Nigeria.
people like you are the main problem of the society. You said doctors in US are the highest paid? did you also check or read about how much they owe as student debt? a doctor owes an average of 300k dollars as student loan plus interest that accumulates as the days go by. so they are paid high salaries so they can be able to pay back their school loans. while other workers don't pay that much in fees( like 65k loan).You see the difference in sch fees? This is also due to the greed of the doctors that teach them.If they don't demand high salaries as professors, school fees will reduce and doctor's salaries will also reduce. Also when you google salaries by profession, it usually talks about doctors being highest paid compared to other professions who entered with just a degree or associate degree as the entry level. As one acquires higher education, salary increases.doctors dont earn more than CEOs, nor do they earn higher than investment bankers and some other professions that require higher education.Remember nurses spend few yrs in school with little or no debt and yet they get fairly high salary which is far above their peers in other professions even with higher education. This is unlike nigeria where you want to reap where you did not sow. how much did you pay as school fees that you want to be paid high salary? do you have school debts that you need to settle? we like doing copy cat but don't want to do it the right way. You went to school and paid peanuts as fees, yet you want to be paid like US Drs. again the years of education is another factor. US drs spend 4yrs in undergrad, 4years in med school, and 4years in residency(paid peanuts here) and after which they start earning their salary. They also pay high malpractice fees in case of any lawsuit. then tell me how much they take home after tax? but here in nigeria you want what they have after spending the same number of years with other health workers and you feel you deserve a pay very far from their own.remeber you spent just 6years. I wonder why you guys keep complaining. If it is that easy to practice abroad, I'm sure non of you will still be in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Samgreguc(m): 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Pretty when you see some posts its best to pass bye. Anytime anyone insult doctors or demean their role you health workers are quick to take sides with them. An example is the semi-luny called Fejiro Oliver typing all sort of hate posts and derogatory write ups about doctors. How many health workers stood up and told him he had gone beyond his boundaries, in fact he was congratulated on the comment page. This page is actually on ARD strike I wonder what you kids in Pharmacy and Nursing are doing here if you aint MBBS. And about inferiority, get a life is my response. Blessings!
It seeming you will never change.

Why wouldn't they(Nurses & Rx) be here? Isn't here about a health practioner on strike? And aint they also health practioners?
Bros, you just need to respect other profession o cos to them they are also holding a GOLDEN CUP. . . . Or you wouldn't progress meaningfully.

3 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by onagoodday1: 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by onagoodday1: 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
people of your type should not have graced the medical profession,medicine is a call to service, and peple like arenot cut out for such,the manner and style you want to get rich at the expense of the patient is alarming.
A word of advise,you will do very well in alaba or main market where you can make all the money wish for,you are not cut out for medicine,you are too greedy

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by onagoodday1: 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
A word of advise,you will do very well in alaba or main market where you can make all the money wish for,you are not cut out for medicine,you are too greedy.

3 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 6:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
Thank God for good health. I'm happy a doc came here to blab but sadly he didn't attack my points, rather he has been saying doctors receive the highest salary in the US. Like wtf.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
highest paid jobs
www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/2013/02/05/10-high-paying-in-demand-jobs/

mobile.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/03/29/the-10-highest-paid-jobs-in-america
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
dr_joshua2000: The Pharm Josh should just muscle up courage and read wikipedia or any encyclopaedia, Apotheracist is more of the history of pharmacy not medicine. Apothecarists dispensed drugs for physicians and surgeons. Not that apotheracists became physicians. They actually became pharmacists. Pharmacy remains a boring course, that's why they have left their jurisdiction and are trying to trouble physicians. I would rather be a lab scientist doing something than a pharmacist being paid for nothing and struggling with doctors. God bless medicine.

U see, I've promised not too come back here to argue wif any doc. Buh I begged myself for one last chance. I won't make my point by attacking you or ur profession. That's childish and that's why I'm scared I'm talking to a child but still, I write.

Now I never said apothecarists were doctors. I said they performed the role of doctors and pharmacists. Look here boy, in the bible days there were acupuncturists, nutritionists, apothecarists and so on but no doctors(as we have it today). Why would wikipedia(I want to know why you didn't bring out that part in ur argument) say apothecarist perform the role of doctors like surgery and midwifery if there were doctors? Apothecarists became pharmacists, yes! But medicine evolved along the line, prolly during the industtrial revolution that saw pharmacists take up their role in the industry. And the work of the apothecarists got streamlined into just dispensing and the rest(since there were now doctors.

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
B4 I continue @Laalamed, y are you guys posting stuffs about highest paying jobs? Is it about the pay or about the lives to be saved? Onagoodday's blog talked about a lady that was given gentamicin for malaria, now the girl is partially deaf. All I saw in DrJosh's post is that doctors have the highest pay in the US. U guys need to get ur thinking right plss.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 6:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Nursing practitioners work in primary care because of lack of doctors. But doctors still lead secondary and tertiary care, nursing can't prescribe in this instances. In the US they practice physician led health team, u can browse it up. And the kid call Joshua talking about apotheratist or so is just a piece of inferior kid. The highest paid jobs in the US are physicians, in the UK the average doctor pay is quite higher than every other health worker. Its sad that doctors still remain here to struggle crumbs with riffraffs like Pharm Josh and so. Go out there and earn your respect. Naija is a fail state for Lab scientist to compare to doctors. It doesn't happen out there. You can't even compare in pay or in respect. The corruption in the country has sunken deep into the health workers. God save us. If you want to know the history of medicine go to wikipaedia and you'll see that PhD even came to measure up with doctors. The whole apotheratist rubbish by pharm Josh is just a new thread to cover up the inferiority of a [email][/email]infant profession that has totally failed in Nigeria. If they are apotheratist why not call them pharmacist? Why physician?, or the bible should have called them apotheracist. These are all appendages to ease d doctors work but they have turned to a burden on doctors. Its a shame dat inferiority has killed health workers esp d dispenser called Pharm Josh. Pharmacist are the highest paid for doing nothing in this country and its actually the most boring course on earth. No offence and God bless the doctors.

Inferior kid, riffraff? Bible called them physicians, but you acknowledge they're apothecarists shey? Now I don't know what right you have to say pharmacy has failed in Nigeria when docs don't give us a chance to do what we can do. Infant profession? I know you know better now! Doctors have also failed big time, pharmacists can find space to practice pharmaceutical care in the hospitals and you say we've failed? We are also in the communities you know and we are filling a very large void and saving lives. Our pharmaceutical industry is the best in Africa and has been for the last three to fove years? Pls shut up already!

3 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 6:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
prettyprettywow: wow, you have already concluded that am a health worker.I can see that you view anybody that does not agree with you as an enemy.That's too bad.As for people insulting doctors, I have not seen where a doctor has ever defended other health workers, so why would they do same? that will only happen when you guys start respecting each others profession and not trying to run others down.

Spot on! Absolutely.
prettyprettywow: people like you are the main problem of the society. You said doctors in US are the highest paid? did you also check or read about how much they owe as student debt? a doctor owes an average of 300k dollars as student loan plus interest that accumulates as the days go by. so they are paid high salaries so they can be able to pay back their school loans. while other workers don't pay that much in fees( like 65k loan).You see the difference in sch fees? This is also due to the greed of the doctors that teach them.If they don't demand high salaries as professors, school fees will reduce and doctor's salaries will also reduce. Also when you google salaries by profession, it usually talks about doctors being highest paid compared to other professions who entered with just a degree or associate degree as the entry level. As one acquires higher education, salary increases.doctors dont earn more than CEOs, nor do they earn higher than investment bankers and some other professions that require higher education.Remember nurses spend few yrs in school with little or no debt and yet they get fairly high salary which is far above their peers in other professions even with higher education. This is unlike nigeria where you want to reap where you did not sow. how much did you pay as school fees that you want to be paid high salary? do you have school debts that you need to settle? we like doing copy cat but don't want to do it the right way. You went to school and paid peanuts as fees, yet you want to be paid like US Drs. again the years of education is another factor. US drs spend 4yrs in undergrad, 4years in med school, and 4years in residency(paid peanuts here) and after which they start earning their salary. They also pay high malpractice fees in case of any lawsuit. then tell me how much they take home after tax? but here in nigeria you want what they have after spending the same number of years with other health workers and you feel you deserve a pay very far from their own.remeber you spent just 6years. I wonder why you guys keep complaining. If it is that easy to practice abroad, I'm sure non of you will still be in nigeria.

Pls let him know! Hez been talking salary and pay ever since. GrEedy something. I pray patients don't fall into ur hand!
About the other thread where I spoke about pharmacy training more expensive than medicine. You can like to go back there and reread what I said and don't let ur rage and greed take hold of you again. The reason we have countless medical schools in naija and just 13 pharmacy schools is because of how expensive it is to run a pharmacy school unlike medical school. I met an IT student from unilorin, she said she hs not done complexometric and some other titration because they didn't av the reagents and stuffs(not to discredit the skul tho, but to drive home my point). Even lautech sef get school of medicine. *spits*

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by adeoladrg(m): 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2013

Sadly, this post exposed you. I feel ur pain bruv, take water for ur thirst! But y do u still argue with RxJosh on his argument and twish his statements? Take a chill here doc _______/

Uve been talking medicine been the highest paying job in the US since. Is that the only thing you know? Oh, shud we climb our facebook walls or fry stone? U're a perishable material bro, get ur thinking straight!
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Samgreguc(m): 9:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
joshuapharm: About the other thread where I spoke about pharmacy training more expensive than medicine. You can like to go back there and reread what I said and don't let ur rage and greed take hold of you again. The reason we have countless medical schools in naija and just 13 pharmacy schools is because of how expensive it is to run a pharmacy school unlike medical school. I met an IT student from unilorin, she said she hs not done complexometric and some other titration because they didn't av the reagents and stuffs(not to discredit the skul tho, but to drive home my point). Even lautech sef get school of medicine. *spits*
No wonder I found it difficult to get a suitable university of my choice to apply for Pharmacy while I was filling the JAMB form early this year, that I almost applied Medsurg.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by adeoladrg(m): 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2013

It wont work not because of the healthworkers, but because of the doctors. The corruption you spoke about im very sure you know next to nothing bout it.

Medical doctors are the word 'corruption' itself. You politically block healthcare workers from progressing and become consultants in their fields. You'd come here and say something about US that uve never been to. In the US, healthcare is sweet, nurses are enjoying themselves, pharmacists practicing pharmaceutical care efficiently and docs doing their surgeries et al, med lab scientists too. But what do we have here? Doctors want to be everywhere. NAFDAC, NDLEA, Hospital administration only them, they'd prescribe and dispense, attack the nurses like they didnt go to school too. And you expect them to sit and look like fools? The earlier you come out of your ignorance the better for you oo!!!

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by adeoladrg(m): 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
on a good day:

This is exactly what i thought too.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
Physician before apothecarists or apotheraJoshpharma. Apothecarists never was before physicians. Medicine and physicians have been before christ and quite older than any other health profession and with the richest history of any course. Apothecarists worked for physicians Oga Josh and read wikipaedia if in doubt grand father of health struggle. And I do have a business but not in Alaba, Haba I cnt possibly stand the hassle there, am a doc 4 christ sake!
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by youngRx(m): 9:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
@ dr Joshua2000.
pharmacy s boring? hahaha i wil sooner b a cleaner in d hospital than to b a doctor lyk u. your fellow doctors are busy conducting 18hrs surgery on co-joined twins and instead of aspiring to be lyk dem you are here fighting with other health workers. i tink doctors lyk u are a big disgrace to the noble profession of medicine and a big mistake to our health sector.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
Samgrguc try and pass jamb and enter school oh instead of participating in elders talk. @ least I have a salary no matter how modest and was a high jamb scorer. Don't rush into matters you have no clue.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
Young Rx cleaner you'll be. By the time the strike is over you'll be cleaning our call room.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
Please read Lalameds link on highest paid jobs, there's no apothecarist, why?
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
Someone posted an article about a Physician conference or meeting where a physician stood up and said they needed more nursing practitioners. I enjoyed that article and was wondering why no doctor commented on it or atleast fault the writer.

People of God, see I av no beef whatsoever, I also av family members as doctors like lalaamed always says. My uncle is a medical doctor so is his daughter but we get on well although we don't discuss professional issues. But what do you do to a profession that undermines the autonomy and progress of your own profession?

Doctors in the US are the highest paid. Yes but do you know those doctors av more sucess rate than failures during surgeries? Do you know how much technology they involve and are exposed to? I spoke about doctors in the UK leaving the prescribing sphere to nurses and pharmacists to take on more surgical sppecialties after I read n article of such on pharmacytimes magazine. This are a seperate set of doctors, the ones with the right mentality. I opened a thread that spoke about infusion pharmacists that corrected doctors on their prescriptions during ward round. The doctors accepted over 90%. The ward round was an absolute sucess, these are the doctors we want to see in naija not the we-know-all doctors we av here. Dr Josh said pharmacy has failed in Nigeria buh I can only cry for him as medicine hasn't suceeded either and don't even goan talk about the government cos its the same issues with all professions, the engineers, lecturers nd so on. We have all failed but with the doctors are the forefront of the failure. We don't have a patient-centred healthcare.

Oh how I wish the public would wake up one day and sue all of us! Yes all of us! Doctors, pharmacists, nurses, pathologist, med lab scientist, every profession in the health care system shud be taken to court. Formation of patients-organizations would do just that as my heart bleeds for the future of medical practice in this country.

A lot of doctors have left this argument because they felt its not worth it. I feel so too, but I couldn't hold such attack DrJosh brought. Whenever a sensible doctor brings a good argument, then we'd talk bout it. Cheers!
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Samgreguc(m): 10:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Samgrguc try and pass jamb and enter school oh instead of participating in elders talk. @ least I have a salary no matter how modest and was a high jamb scorer. Don't rush into matters you have no clue.
I use to hear that not all who went to school are psychologically fit, don't make me feel and belive av seen 1. Yes, I told you I applied for JAMB this year but did you boder to ask if I was admitted? All you could say was that I shud try and pass JAMB and enter school. Are u sure u really went to school? I asked cos I know that any1 who have schooled in NAIJA knows that, b4 now UTME result shud be out and many admission lists been released.

Don't make me think they are right.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 10:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Physician before apothecarists or apotheraJoshpharma. Apothecarists never was before physicians. Medicine and physicians have been before christ and quite older than any other health profession and with the richest history of any course. Apothecarists worked for physicians Oga Josh and read wikipaedia if in doubt grand father of health struggle. And I do have a business but not in Alaba, Haba I cnt possibly stand the hassle there, am a doc 4 christ sake!

They worked for physicians nd they did surgeries, midwifery? Then where were the physicians and what were doing? What would physicians hve done without the compilation of the materia medica which is the bedrock of all medical literature weh have on drugs today. I don't have to educate ur little ass but I'll do so because of others that read through this thread. They prescribed drugs and compounded drugs for individual patients. Now I know ure not a doctor if all u bring ur argument from is wikipedia. How did you pass anatomy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue / Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) / Profiling Nigerians Who Died Of COVID-19 Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.