Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,341 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October (32677 Views)

NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters / Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors / FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 10:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Please read Lalameds link on highest paid jobs, there's no apothecarist, why?

Are you this dull? What does highest paid jobs have to do with the lives of the patients you swore to protect? Apothecary evolved into pharmacy like you said, now u're saying another trash. People this guy is another scam, ignore this one too!

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by prettyprettywow: 10:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Samgrguc try and pass jamb and enter school oh instead of participating in elders talk. @ least I have a salary no matter how modest and was a high jamb scorer. Don't rush into matters you have no clue.
we know how people pay concessional fee to study medicine in our universities. it has nothing to do with jamb score my dear. your money speaks for you these days and that is why we have the caliber of medical workers we have now, cos of corrruption. in the school i graduated from, medicine and other health science courses are offered to the highest bidder. so quit this talk about high jamb score.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by onagoodday1: 11:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
I just love pharmacy and these pharmacists here, they are not just bold they are articulate, they are not just good, they are very good, they don't just talk ,they educate others...what more can i say from adeola,to joshua,to samgreguc.to youngRx, to me,to prettyprettywow, (even if you are not a pharmacist, u have the intelligent gene, made solely for pharmacist by God) and my humble self on a good day. Keep educating them until they become educated!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Chartey(m): 12:06am On Oct 21, 2013
prettyprettywow: people like you are the main problem of the society. You said doctors in US are the highest paid? did you also check or read about how much they owe as student debt? a doctor owes an average of 300k dollars as student loan plus interest that accumulates as the days go by. so they are paid high salaries so they can be able to pay back their school loans. while other workers don't pay that much in fees( like 65k loan).You see the difference in sch fees? This is also due to the greed of the doctors that teach them.If they don't demand high salaries as professors, school fees will reduce and doctor's salaries will also reduce. Also when you google salaries by profession, it usually talks about doctors being highest paid compared to other professions who entered with just a degree or associate degree as the entry level. As one acquires higher education, salary increases.doctors dont earn more than CEOs, nor do they earn higher than investment bankers and some other professions that require higher education.Remember nurses spend few yrs in school with little or no debt and yet they get fairly high salary which is far above their peers in other professions even with higher education. This is unlike nigeria where you want to reap where you did not sow. how much did you pay as school fees that you want to be paid high salary? do you have school debts that you need to settle? we like doing copy cat but don't want to do it the right way. You went to school and paid peanuts as fees, yet you want to be paid like US Drs. again the years of education is another factor. US drs spend 4yrs in undergrad, 4years in med school, and 4years in residency(paid peanuts here) and after which they start earning their salary. They also pay high malpractice fees in case of any lawsuit. then tell me how much they take home after tax? but here in nigeria you want what they have after spending the same number of years with other health workers and you feel you deserve a pay very far from their own.remeber you spent just 6years. I wonder why you guys keep complaining. If it is that easy to practice abroad, I'm sure non of you will still be in nigeria.
I like that you don't insult much. Let me address two issues you touched.
1. Students loans are meant to take care of tuition and cost of educational materials. In Nigeria, govt takes care of tuition and the student bears other costs. If the medical student spends more than the average student, shouldn't he earn more as a graduate based on your logic? This is very straight-forward.
2. You said other professionals earn more when they further their education and also with career progression. True. However, it seems you've forgotten the same applies to doctors. As you further your training and specialize, salary increases a lot too. You mentioned CEOs, but you forget that it is not a profession but a position that can be held by any professional. Indeed hospitals have CEOs(they're called CMDs mostly). You mentioned investment bankers. That is a specialized field, and comparing them to say neurosurgeons in private practice(rare anyway), you cannot say they earn more. It's important we put things into proper perspective here please.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Chartey(m): 12:11am On Oct 21, 2013
prettyprettywow: we know how people pay concessional fee to study medicine in our universities. it has nothing to do with jamb score my dear. your money speaks for you these days and that is why we have the caliber of medical workers we have now, cos of corrruption. in the school i graduated from, medicine and other health science courses are offered to the highest bidder. so quit this talk about high jamb score.
That may be true in some schools. The truth however is people who get in through those doors almost always never survive to the end. There are so many hurdles to be crossed and you can't pay your way through all, never.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 3:00am On Oct 21, 2013
God bless chartey. I attended uniport and saw hw over a hundred couldn't make it through the year 3 MBBS exams. No investment banker earns more than a neurosurgeon or a psychiatrist in the US. The physician led health care system is practiced in advanced countries and is all over the internet, now the head of the health workers in Nigeria say there's no head everybody just perform your function, I wonder a team with no leadership, that's why the young ones come out bitter and deceived that they are superior to the same medicine they either could not pass or could not finish. I was surprised how a childhood friend who studied lab tech lashed out at me on how doctors where just a group of never do well, the same guy who struggled to be a doc for years and years, all I could say was "but you wanted to be a doc?", his response was typical, "thank God I didn't make that mistake" I wonder if he didn't make the mistake or the mistake (medicine) didn't allow him in. Unilag diploma grade to enter medicine is 4.5 and Uniports post UME to enter medicine is 395 I wonder why? Maybe the dumbest gets the higher grades and the smart kids are too smart to score well, their smartness only pay off in arguments and fighting for superiority. Let's respect the doctors like we always did as children and like our fathers always did when it was their dream that one of their children becomes one, its easy to see someone as common the moment you become in close contact with him but don't let this happen to you, its the sign of the never do well, the mind of the bitter, incontent and unhappy soul if God wouldn't make you a doctor move on, no one is better than you! and on the long run our courses don't make us, its who we become that makes us, like josh saying that studying pharmacy is more costly more than doing medicine, yet doctors in advanced countries owe after their studies and pharmacist come out clean, such talk is the talk of a charlatan, and attention seeker with no depth or breadth . Accrue the same awe and respect that you had in childhood and don't become the driver struggling for more pay and respect than the pilot because they both transport people. I always wondered what if the fathers of medicine and the apotheracists that josh mentioned and the florence nightingales in Nursing were Nigerians? there would have been issues. Florence would have claimed to know all the doctor knew so needed to be given same benefits and to work independently, thank God they weren't greedy and self seeking. If we knew our job specification there wouldn't be issues, but when pharmacist want to prescribe the drugs, nurses want to order the investigations and lab scientist want to collect consultation fee and a dietician wants to be the medical director there will be chaos. But all the corrupt elements should phase out in Gods name and power. And materia medica the so called power house of pharmacy and pharmacology was written by Pendanius Dioscorides a medical doctor, if you'll have the strength to throw away conceit and check it up Josh. Mean while we share the same name, how soothing bro. Gods blessings. This is my final comment of this issue.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by prettyprettywow: 3:44am On Oct 21, 2013
Chartey:
That may be true in some schools. The truth however is people who get in through those doors almost always never survive to the end. There are so many hurdles to be crossed and you can't pay your way through all, never.
most of them still runs their way through mbbs. I can tell you this because I have loads of them as my friends. In my school,anytime mbbs result is to come out,you will see that they have govt house list, commissioners list, VC list etc we see how different cars used to line up in school. who are they? parents of the students.even to the extent that some village chiefs had to come with their red caps to protest cos the dept failed their son. they had no option but to pass the guy.my dear, corruption is still very much in our school system and we all know it.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by prettyprettywow: 3:47am On Oct 21, 2013
dr_joshua2000: God bless chartey. I attended uniport and saw hw over a hundred couldn't make it through the year 3 MBBS exams. No investment banker earns more than a neurosurgeon or a psychiatrist in the US. The physician led health care system is practiced in advanced countries and is all over the internet, now the head of the health workers in Nigeria say there's no head everybody just perform your function, I wonder a team with no leadership, that's why the young ones come out bitter and deceived that they are superior to the same medicine they either could not pass or could not finish. I was surprised how a childhood friend who studied lab tech lashed out at me on how doctors where just a group of never do well, the same guy who struggled to be a doc for years and years, all I could say was "but you wanted to be a doc?", his response was typical, "thank God I didn't make that mistake" I wonder if he didn't make the mistake or the mistake (medicine) didn't allow him in. Unilag diploma grade to enter medicine is 4.5 and Uniports post UME to enter medicine is 395 I wonder why? Maybe the dumbest gets the higher grades and the smart kids are too smart to score well, their smartness only pay off in arguments and fighting for superiority. Let's respect the doctors like we always did as children and like our fathers always did when it was their dream that one of their children becomes one, its easy to see someone as common the moment you become in close contact with him but don't let this happen to you, its the sign of the never do well, the mind of the bitter, incontent and unhappy soul if God wouldn't make you a doctor move on, no one is better than you! and on the long run our courses don't make us, its who we become that makes us, like josh saying that studying pharmacy is more costly more than doing medicine, yet doctors in advanced countries owe after their studies and pharmacist come out clean, such talk is the talk of a charlatan, and attention seeker with no depth or breadth . Accrue the same awe and respect that you had in childhood and don't become the driver struggling for more pay and respect than the pilot because they both transport people. I always wondered what if the fathers of medicine and the apotheracists that josh mentioned and the florence nightingales in Nursing were Nigerians? there would have been issues. Florence would have claimed to know all the doctor knew so needed to be given same benefits and to work independently, thank God they weren't greedy and self seeking. If we knew our job specification there wouldn't be issues, but when pharmacist want to prescribe the drugs, nurses want to order the investigations and lab scientist want to collect consultation fee and a dietician wants to be the medical director there will be chaos. But all the corrupt elements should phase out in Gods name and power. And materia medica the so called power house of pharmacy and pharmacology was written by Pendanius Dioscorides a medical doctor, if you'll have the strength to throw away conceit and check it up Josh. Mean while we share the same name, how soothing bro. Gods blessings. This is my final comment of this issue.
do you know i couldn't read what you wrote? cos you keep vomitting the same thing over and over again

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by prettyprettywow: 6:13am On Oct 21, 2013
Chartey:
1. Students loans are meant to take care of tuition and cost of educational materials. In Nigeria, govt takes care of tuition and the student bears other costs. If the medical student spends more than the average student, shouldn't he earn more as a graduate based on your logic? This is very straight-forward.
2. You said other professionals earn more when they further their education and also with career progression. True. However, it seems you've forgotten the same applies to doctors. As you further your training and specialize, salary increases a lot too. You mentioned CEOs, but you forget that it is not a profession but a position that can be held by any professional. Indeed hospitals have CEOs(they're called CMDs mostly). You mentioned investment bankers. That is a specialized field, and comparing them to say neurosurgeons in private practice(rare anyway), you cannot say they earn more. It's important we put things into proper perspective here please.
don't Nigerian drs earn more? that is why others don't want to earn same salary at least for the fact that they spend extra year in school. I was referring to the guy that always compare Nigerian Drs to their counterparts abroad. and I gave him some reasons why US docs earn fairly high salary. paying back that kind of student loan and paying the huge malpractice fee no be beans. do you guys even pay malpractice fee here?maybe cos you can do anything and go Scot free. If you also compare the number of years those US drs spend in school, you will know that naija docs are far behind.so stop comparing ur self with them. they start making that money after 12yrs of education and not six and they deserve it. Also about drs earning more, i only talked about entrance level of others who earn their salary with 4yrs of undergrad and not 12years as drs and so there should be difference in salary. US is an organized country and they pay salary after putting so many things into consideration, like yrs of edu, loan,tax(higher salary pay more tax), job description and responsibility(including possibility of law suit).Imagine dt joshua guy saying he thought he will be buying an expensive ride right after school. do you think that is the right mentality for a medical professional? and now that he has been disappointed, we all know what is next....frustration.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 21, 2013
Brillant arguement.
Chartey:
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by adeoladrg(m): 7:13am On Oct 21, 2013
dr_joshua2000: God bless chartey. I attended uniport and saw hw over a hundred couldn't make it through the year 3 MBBS exams. No investment banker earns more than a neurosurgeon or a psychiatrist in the US. The physician led health care system is practiced in advanced countries and is all over the internet, now the head of the health workers in Nigeria say there's no head everybody just perform your function, I wonder a team with no leadership, that's why the young ones come out bitter and deceived that they are superior to the same medicine they either could not pass or could not finish. I was surprised how a childhood friend who studied lab tech lashed out at me on how doctors where just a group of never do well, the same guy who struggled to be a doc for years and years, all I could say was "but you wanted to be a doc?", his response was typical, "thank God I didn't make that mistake" I wonder if he didn't make the mistake or the mistake (medicine) didn't allow him in. Unilag diploma grade to enter medicine is 4.5 and Uniports post UME to enter medicine is 395 I wonder why? Maybe the dumbest gets the higher grades and the smart kids are too smart to score well, their smartness only pay off in arguments and fighting for superiority. Let's respect the doctors like we always did as children and like our fathers always did when it was their dream that one of their children becomes one, its easy to see someone as common the moment you become in close contact with him but don't let this happen to you, its the sign of the never do well, the mind of the bitter, incontent and unhappy soul if God wouldn't make you a doctor move on, no one is better than you! and on the long run our courses don't make us, its who we become that makes us, like josh saying that studying pharmacy is more costly more than doing medicine, yet doctors in advanced countries owe after their studies and pharmacist come out clean, such talk is the talk of a charlatan, and attention seeker with no depth or breadth . Accrue the same awe and respect that you had in childhood and don't become the driver struggling for more pay and respect than the pilot because they both transport people. I always wondered what if the fathers of medicine and the apotheracists that josh mentioned and the florence nightingales in Nursing were Nigerians? there would have been issues. Florence would have claimed to know all the doctor knew so needed to be given same benefits and to work independently, thank God they weren't greedy and self seeking. If we knew our job specification there wouldn't be issues, but when pharmacist want to prescribe the drugs, nurses want to order the investigations and lab scientist want to collect consultation fee and a dietician wants to be the medical director there will be chaos. But all the corrupt elements should phase out in Gods name and power. And materia medica the so called power house of pharmacy and pharmacology was written by Pendanius Dioscorides a medical doctor, if you'll have the strength to throw away conceit and check it up Josh. Mean while we share the same name, how soothing bro. Gods blessings. This is my final comment of this issue.

Now its either u're dull or u just decided not to be smart. Wikipedia didnt say Dioscorides wrote materia medica. It said the name was derived from one of his works. That said, why didnt u read through the whole article and tell me about the others who were involved in the information process of the materia medica: the works of shennong, GALEN and about 20 other people(botanists and therapist) who were there when materia medica was not known as materia medica. The name 'materia medica' was then coined from a physician's work, and u're saying a physician wrote it.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2013
What is title of the physcian work? De materia medica libre. If u read wikipedia thorougily, the body of knowledge in materia medica is now PHARMACOLOGY.
adeola_drg:

Now its either u're dull or u just decided not to be smart. Wikipedia didnt say Dioscorides wrote materia medica. It said the name was derived from one of his works. That said, why didnt u read through the whole article and tell me about the others who were involved in the information process of the materia medica: the works of shennong, GALEN and about 20 other people(botanists and therapist) who were there when materia medica was not known as materia medica. The name 'materia medica' was then coined from a physician's work, and u're saying a physician wrote it.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by adeoladrg(m): 8:26am On Oct 21, 2013
Laalamed: What is title of the physcian work? De materia medica libre. If u read wikipedia thorougily, the body of knowledge in materia medica is now PHARMACOLOGY.

What is this one saying? We're are saying one thing, u're saying another thing. Comot here joor
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Chartey(m): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2013
prettyprettywow: most of them still runs their way through mbbs
I would have loved to challenge this but i won't since it's YOUR school. If that happens in Medicine there, then i wonder what happens in Pharmacy and other faculties. You even said chiefs come to beg for students, lol. What school is that?

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 21, 2013
adeola_drg:

What is this one saying? We're are saying one thing, u're saying another thing. Comot here joor

that a fine way of learning. slowpoke
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 21, 2013
adeola_drg:

what a fine way of learning. slowpoke. physcian wrote materia medica. take it or leave it.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
i maintained that physcian wrote materia medica and the body of knowledge he wrote then is now know as pharnacology

more info:
penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/encyclopaedia_romana/aconite/materiamedica.html
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
i maintained that physcian wrote materia medica and the body of knowledge he wrote then is now know as pharnacology

more info:
www.penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/encyclopaedia_romana/aconite/materiamedica.html
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by prettyprettywow: 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
Chartey:
I would have loved to challenge this but i won't since it's YOUR school. If that happens in Medicine there, then i wonder what happens in Pharmacy and other faculties. You even said chiefs come to beg for students, lol. What school is that?
It's a state school my dear and we don't have pharmacy there. corruption is everywhere not only in medicine. for the fact that this happens in our higher institutions makes drjoshua's argument about highest jamb scorer null and void.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by ACM10: 2:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
Chartey:

grin grin

This comment got me rolling. This is a wicked uppercut.

Jokes apart, anyone that passed through medical school to final year deserves respect. I remember that a certain set of medical students of UNN were 400 in number in their first year. That was during the tenure of Professor Ginigeme Mbanefo. The school senate was livid with anger that they convened an emergency session to discuss the issue. Prof. Mbanefo simply told them to relax. Assuring them that the medical school has a way of separating chaff from wheat. Their population were cut to half in first year alone. 2nd MBBS further reduced their size to 100. About 90 eventually graduated. It is only someone who does not know how exams is conducted in medical school that harbours the thought of "runs". In some courses, you will have to be examined by 10 different examiners consisting of external examiners who are authority in that field.

I will also like to know the name of the school where medical students runs their way through. grin

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 21, 2013
Studying medicine is no joke. Please despite our rage let's not lie to ourselves, with the mental strain of the clinical exams, the external examiners, long case and short case, Viva voce, anyone that cheats through this and becomes a doc should win a national medal. Even prof sons repeat, in a set our DVC's son repeated and repeated again. So let's not keep peddling cheap lies to further our mundane, obscure, vague, moribund, trivial and ill reasoned points or listening to rumour mongers peddling lies to boost their ego for being never do wells and academic vagabonds. Blessings

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by eaglechild: 3:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
ACM10:

grin grin

This comment got me rolling. This is a wicked uppercut.

Jokes apart, anyone that passed through medical school to final year deserves respect. I remember that a certain set of medical students of UNN were 400 in number in their first year. That was during the tenure of Professor Ginigeme Mbanefo. The school senate was livid with anger that they convened an emergency session to discuss the issue. Prof. Mbanefo simply told them to relax. Assuring them that the medical school has a way of separating chaff from wheat. Their population were cut to half in first year alone. 2nd MBBS further reduced their size to 100. About 90 eventually graduated. It is only someone who does not know how exams is conducted in medical school that harbours the thought of "runs". In some courses, you will have to be examined by 10 different examiners consisting of external examiners who are authority in that field.

I will also like to know the name of the school where medical students runs their way through. grin
Actually just about 50 of the original members of the class.
The other number was made up by repeat and change over students.

Anyone talking about runs is a joker, go ask Tony Nwoye.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
In a saner societies, doctors don't prove points, it is the citizens that comes to doctors aid when any issues is raised against doctors. The case is different in Nigeria where doctors have to state and argues back and forth the reason why we are ............? so ironical. We don't have to argue these, our work suppose to speak for us, my colleagues. Let's start from the beginning and make medical care in Nigeria the best. Is not about money, prestige, raised social status but when the primary goal is satisfied( I.e, patient) then you will feel fulfilled. Unless the patient is not the major reason you choose medicine,then you will continue to try and prove points on the internet.
Ever wonder why majority of other health workers respect specialist doctors more, because of the added years in their education. I am an advocate of continuing education, in the part of the world I am in now, some specialist nurses earn more than doctors and you can't compete with them with your 6 years of MBBS while they spend close to nine years to get theirs.

3 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by prettyprettywow: 5:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
Dr young: In a saner societies, doctors don't prove points, it is the citizens that comes to doctors aid when any issues is raised against doctors. The case is different in Nigeria where doctors have to state and argues back and forth the reason why we are ............? so ironical. We don't have to argue these, our work suppose to speak for us, my colleagues. Let's start from the beginning and make medical care in Nigeria the best. Is not about money, prestige, raised social status but when the primary goal is satisfied( I.e, patient) then you will feel fulfilled. Unless the patient is not the major reason you choose medicine,then you will continue to try and prove points on the internet.
Ever wonder why majority of other health workers respect specialist doctors more, because of the added years in their education. I am an advocate of continuing education, in the part of the world I am in now, some specialist nurses earn more than doctors and you can't compete with them with your 6 years of MBBS while they spend close to nine years to get theirs.
well said. that is the right mentality. your work should speak for you and not your voice. our doctors should try and command the respect they want.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by youngRx(m): 6:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
Dr young: In a saner societies, doctors don't prove points, it is the citizens that comes to doctors aid when any issues is raised against doctors. The case is different in Nigeria where doctors have to state and argues back and forth the reason why we are ............? so ironical. We don't have to argue these, our work suppose to speak for us, my colleagues. Let's start from the beginning and make medical care in Nigeria the best. Is not about money, prestige, raised social status but when the primary goal is satisfied( I.e, patient) then you will feel fulfilled. Unless the patient is not the major reason you choose medicine,then you will continue to try and prove points on the internet.
now here s a real doctor talking. well said sir

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2013

God bless you!! God bless the doctors!!! God bless you again!!!

But before I continue with the blessing, make medical care the best, then pls give room for us to practice pharmaceutical care. Free the PharmD program of your politics and let us move forward too. And that's the part that burns me!! Who says studying medicine is easy? let's even free that side. The patients are really the ones feeling the pain like said, theyre the ones dying, they're the ones who have sick family members and friends, so plssss!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
joshuapharm:

God bless you!! God bless the doctors!!! God bless you again!!!

But before I continue with the blessing, make medical care the best, then pls give room for us to practice pharmaceutical care. Free the PharmD program of your politics and let us move forward too. And that's the part that burns me!! Who says studying medicine is easy? let's even free that side. The patients are really the ones feeling the pain like said, theyre the ones dying, they're the ones who have sick family members and friends, so plssss!!!

it is sour relationship between doctors and pharmacists that is causing this problem.
on pharmaceutical care and doctors-relationship pls read these links and decide

www.wma.net/en/30publications/10policies/m33/

www.acpinternist.org/archives/2000/03/collab.htm

m.australianprescriber.com/magazine/33/6/191/3

www.medscape.com/viewarticle/406728_3
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
Doctor young and his power plays sha, always trying to seek the sympathy of sycophants and act in such a holier than though manner. And if you are a doctor you are a disgrace, but in this shameful realm the health workers see you as the real doctor for selling your birthright at a cost cheaper than pure water and groundnut. God save you!
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
Laalamed: highest paid jobs
www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/2013/02/05/10-high-paying-in-demand-jobs/

mobile.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/03/29/the-10-highest-paid-jobs-in-america
I dont like u for one tin. U know the truth but u wont tell it.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Doctor young and his power plays sha, always trying to seek the sympathy of sycophants and act in such a holier than though manner. And if you are a doctor you are a disgrace, but in this shameful realm the health workers see you as the real doctor for selling your birthright at a cost cheaper than pure water and groundnut. God save you!
u have issues, big ones.
I pray for the souls of the patients that come your way.
My prayer, may I never cross the path of any doctor like you IJN.
Haa, ur so so pathetic.
Ur arguements so far revolved around money, pride and prestige; whatever happend to the primary reason u were called a doctor??
I still dont want to believe you are a doctor, I seriously believ u are just fooling around here, honestly, with ur type in the Nigerian health sector, it can never get better.
Pls examine ur life and make amends. May God help u.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
Laalamed:

it is sour relationship between doctors and pharmacists that is causing this problem.
on pharmaceutical care and doctors-relationship pls read these links and decide

www.wma.net/en/30publications/10policies/m33/

www.acpinternist.org/archives/2000/03/collab.htm

m.australianprescriber.com/magazine/33/6/191/3

www.medscape.com/viewarticle/406728_3

I enjoyed the link tho, especially the second one although there was nothing new, but the collaboration already happens in the US and UK. Even though the doctors are scared. I was shocked to see that it's not only in Nigeria that happens too. Like this...

An even bigger obstacle, however, is physicians' fear that pharmacists want to grab part of their prescriptive role. As evidence, they point to the fight that pharmacists are waging in a number of states for expanded prescribing authority.

The pharmacist is the single most underused resource in the modern hospital," said Lucian L. Leape, MD, adjunct professor of health policy at the Harvard School of Public Health. Dr. Leape, who was lead author of the JAMA study on the effectiveness of pharmacists rounding in hospitals and a member of the IOM report panel, advocates getting hospital pharmacists out of the basement and into the wards...

This said, pharmaceutical care must happen one way or the other!! The collaboration must happen.. But our docs here think otherwise.. *smh*

3 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
Thanks for those links lalamed, I've gained good insight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue / Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) / Profiling Nigerians Who Died Of COVID-19 Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.