Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? (6976 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by barackohandso(m): 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
@ Folykaze, you make 'Ifa' sound interesting.
And you're an atheist
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
barack_o_handso: @ Folykaze, you make 'Ifa' sound interesting.
And you're an atheist

Ifa is a philosophy. There is nothing attached to it.

Buddhist in japan are mostly atheist. Same to those practising Jainism.... Sam Harris is a well renowned atheist who support buddhism. So why wouldn't I investigate and embrace my tribe spirituality and philosophy?

Quit right, I understand that some dogma where brought into it.....also some of it philosophy were corrupted by westerners. They turn everything to demon and monster. We need to get rid of this.....
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by barackohandso(m): 11:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Ifa is a philosophy. There is nothing attached to it.

Buddhist in japan are mostly atheist. Same to those practising Jainism.... Sam Harris is a well renowned atheist who support buddhism. So why wouldn't I investigate and embrace my tribe spirituality and philosophy?

Quit right, I understand that some dogma where brought into it.....also some of it philosophy were corrupted by westerners. They turn everything to demon and monster. We need to get rid of this.....

Yeah I get it. You love its philosophy but technically Buddhism is monotheism. You say Sam Harris is an atheist that supports Buddhism, but he's not a Buddhist right?

Ifa followers treat it as theism.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 03, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Yeah I get it. You love its philosophy but technically Buddhism is monotheism. You say Sam Harris is an atheist that supports Buddhism, but he's not a Buddhist right?

He's yet to realize he's also corrupting Ifa.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:07am On Oct 03, 2013
aManFromMars:

He's yet to realize he's also corrupting Ifa.

Im not a slave lost in the land of no return. Go bring up chi of your land.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:09am On Oct 03, 2013
barack_o_handso:

which buddhism is monotheism? Guy go read some books.

Religion has corrupted Ifa. It a philosophy and spirituality. Have you ever seen Eledumare shrine?
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Im not a slave lost in the land of no return. Go bring up chi of your land.

Chi is whatever you want it to be. Been reading up on Odinani for a long time, and at first the similarities between Esu of Ifa and Ekwensu of Ifa was striking.

That being said, I still recognise it for what is -folklore, though it does strike some kind of resonance with me as it's a part of my ancestry. You, on the other hand, believe IFA has a lot to offer. No wahala. I have no qualms with that.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:34am On Oct 03, 2013
aManFromMars:

Chi is whatever you want it to be. Been reading up on Odinani for a long time, and at first the similarities between Esu of Ifa and Ekwensu of Ifa was striking.

That being said, I still recognise it for what is -folklore, though it does strike some kind of resonance with me as it's a part of my ancestry. You, on the other hand, believe IFA has a lot to offer. No wahala. I have no qualms with that.

Come out with reasonable discussion. I dont believe in Ifa....i know it. Ode.

Whatever is folklore to you in your tradition will be folklore and will go extinct like folklore.

Ifa is not folklore, it body of knowledge. What is in Ifa is coded and symbolic. I dont curse the dark, I light the candle in it.

Your own ancestors are dumb.....they cant reason.....live with that.

1 Like

Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by barackohandso(m): 9:18am On Oct 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

which buddhism is monotheism? Guy go read some books.

Religion has corrupted Ifa. It a philosophy and spirituality. Have you ever seen Eledumare shrine?

Except I'm getting something wrong, Buddhism is a RELIGION.

Ifa on the other hand is Yoruba's ancestral heritage. Your studying it as an atheist is loyalty on your part as a Yoruba, but as you being an atheist, it's like wanting to eat your cake and still having it.

Interesting though
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:30am On Oct 03, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Except I'm getting something wrong, Buddhism is a RELIGION.

Ifa on the other hand is Yoruba's ancestral heritage. Your studying it as an atheist is loyalty on your part as a Yoruba, but as you being an atheist, it's like wanting to eat your cake and still having it.

Interesting though

buddhism is more philosophical than religion.

You are embarrassing yourself here. Why cant you read some stuff before talking out of ignorance?

Yoruba spirituality is 'naturalistic pantheism'. Go and read about that and it coexistence with atheism. Even Dawkin said pantieism is 'sexed up' atheism. Pls get some books.

Stop fooling around

1 Like

Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Come out with reasonable discussion. I dont believe in Ifa....i know it. Ode.

Whatever is folklore to you in your tradition will be folklore and will go extinct like folklore.

Ifa is not folklore, it body of knowledge. What is in Ifa is coded and symbolic. I dont curse the dark, I light the candle in it.

Your own ancestors are dumb.....they cant reason.....live with that.

Reacting like the average theist... what a fool and a waste of time. Enjoy your Ifa. Use am build aeroplane with crash proof jazz.. wink
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You are embarrassing yourself here. Why cant you read some stuff before talking out of ignorance?

Yoruba spirituality is 'naturalistic pantheism'. Go and read about that and it coexistence with atheism. Even Dawkin said pantieism is 'sexed up' atheism. Pls get some books.

Stop fooling around

Yawn. Confused mumu.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:50am On Oct 03, 2013
aManFromMars:

Reacting like the average atheist... what a fool and a waste of time. Enjoy your Ifa. Use am build aeroplane with crash proof jazz.. wink

I wonder what your scientific knowledge has yield your people and whole Africa. Silly brat.

The Revolution is coming from Yoruba spirituality. We are awaken and ready to walk through the part of enlightenment. You can continue to sleep in ignorance and dream thinking you are living in reality.

Japan, India and china are moving on their path....it good for them. You can till end of time walk in another man's path. That has been nature of lost jew......who trashed his ancestors for western thought.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:51am On Oct 03, 2013
aManFromMars:

Yawn. Confused mumu.

what more can we expect from a lost jew.....modernized slave
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

what more can we expect from a lost jew.....modernized slave

Sad thing a Christian has more sense than you. Lost pigs end up in gutters. Cure your loneliness, Bro. Venting against Yahweh, Allah and now Igbos... Only u... grin

okeyxyz:

Suddenly you have turned from bashing christianity to bashing the igbo, yet again distracting from the beauty of this thread. Maybe you are incapable of understanding that I don't need to be yoruba to enjoy/learn yoruba spirituality/mythology. I hope whatever you write next would be in promoting more learning of what the OP has started, instead of looking for a fight with christianity or with igbos. Cheers.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:01am On Oct 03, 2013
aManFromMars:

Sad thing a Christian has more sense than you. Lost pigs end up in gutters. Cure your loneliness, Bro. Venting against Yahweh, Allah and now Igbos... Only u... grin

Ode...

I post on that thread and he accused me of something I didn't do. Why not beat him back? Im not dolly.

Go and study your history, tradition, spirituality and culture. That makes you a man. Lost generational slave
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 03, 2013
Unfollowed. Let the pig have his fun. The gutter's always cool. grin
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:12am On Oct 03, 2013
aManFromMars: Unfollowed. Let the pig have his fun. The gutter's always cool. grin

Lol....lost jew,,, the descendant of dumb ancestors. You said it not me. Keep wandering in the wilderness of ignorance. Cheers
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by barackohandso(m): 10:40am On Oct 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Stop fooling around

Lol

Different strokes for different folks
Whatever rocks your boat bro
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:49am On Oct 03, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Lol

Different strokes for different folks
Whatever rocks your boat bro

Im sorry if I sound harsh. I love knowledge and those who are ready to learn. I believe we cant know all but must be open to knowing from any source and reasoning alongside with it.

Donroxy asked me questions and I explained my view of things to him. You can do that also instead of saying things you have low knowledge about as full understanding.

Cheers bro
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2013
Viewing this topic: aManFromMars

lol
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by wiegraf: 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2013
Ah, @folly, I see. You're generally foo.lish all the time. This is what @bolaino was talking about?
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by barackohandso(m): 3:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
wiegraf: Ah, @folly, I see. You're generally foo.lish all the time. This is what @bolaino was talking about?

Seems to me Folykaze got a lot of critics
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:25pm On Oct 03, 2013
barack_o_handso:

'Professional atheism' is a hard core natural sickness.

They hate you when you dont reason like them. Lol
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by wiegraf: 3:30pm On Oct 03, 2013
barack_o_handso:

You can have lots of critics and still be justified/right. @folly on the other hand...
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by macof(m): 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2013
barack_o_handso:

wat do u know about Buddhism?
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by macof(m): 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Viewing this topic: aManFromMars

lol
I thought he un-followed
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by barackohandso(m): 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
macof: wat do u know about Buddhism?

Not much. Just that it's a Hindu religion.
You can enlighten me if you know better
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by barackohandso(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
wiegraf:

You can have lots of critics and still be justified/right. @folly on the other hand...

I agree. Even atheism have grades & levels so to speak. I was suprised at his kind of atheist too, but I love to learn, what common sense teaches though, not in a gullible way
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by barackohandso(m): 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

'Professional atheism' is a hard core natural sickness.

They hate you when you dont reason like them. Lol

Funny, but it's an avenue for theists to attack. They always find ways
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2013
macof: wat do u know about Buddhism?

can you imagine the guy calling buddhism religion. Lol
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by macof(m): 9:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Not much. Just that it's a Hindu religion.
You can enlighten me if you know better
buddhist don't care about God or gods. They live for themselves, and strive to acquire one thing : reinvention in opposed to reincarnation in order to escape suffering. They believe the sins of the former life brings suffering to the new life which the reincarnated soul lives. Their rituals are basically, meditating to harnessing ones inner consciousness(wat I like to call Ori) in order to change the course of their lives.

Hope u get what Buddhism is about now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

As You Go To Church This Sunday, Do This / Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? / Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.