Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? (6977 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by wiegraf: 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

plaetton.....you see eh? Lwkmd

Here comes the 'bark at atheist', 'nairaland atheist' and 'professional atheist' as tagged by Einstein.

Erm....i love jonzing with babalawosmiley..it make me reconnect with my history. Those taught at school are scam records of invaders.

Lol

Aaaaaaannnnndddd you didn't address the question, as usual, in any way...
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
wiegraf:

Aaaaaaannnnndddd you didn't address the question, as usual, in any way...

Lol...you dont want to learn. Enjoy your close minded libration.

The OP was asking a question which you dont address, how I can I honour you with answer too?

Ma dey jonz with star. Preparing to gaze for tonight. I love those balls in the sky.....
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by wiegraf: 6:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Lol...you dont want to learn. Enjoy your close minded libration.

The OP was asking a question which you dont address, how I can I honour you with answer too?

Ma dey jonz with star. Preparing to gaze for tonight. I love those balls in the sky.....

My good clown, where are you running off to? A very simple question I've asked you now, how many times? And, great eediot, quit your silly persecution nonsense. Have I ever demeaned yoruba beliefs through this? It's very simple, all I've stated is that you, and YOU in particular, are NOT an atheist.

So now, could you answer this; how would you gauge the evidence for/against gods?

Edit; ah, yes, and buddhism/ifa etc are religions, even if some may choose to subscribe to the philosophies and not the religions full out
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2013
wiegraf:

My good clown, where are you running off to? A very simple question I've asked you now, how many times? And, great eediot, quit your silly persecution nonsense. Have I ever demeaned yoruba beliefs through this? It's very simple, all I've stated is that you, and YOU in particular, are NOT an atheist.

So now, could you answer this; how would you gauge the evidence for/against gods?

Edit; ah, yes, and buddhism/ifa etc are religions, even if some may choose to subscribe to the philosophies and not the religions full out

lol....person won boil. Chai.

Let those you call bear that name give you answer. Also, you didn't answer questions in the OP. Such a way atheist divert what ever stand against them to strawmanning. Lol.

Do that and I deal with your question. Abeg ma dey jonze to Fela tone....stage of kissing the star. Lwkmd
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
Viewing this topic: aManFromMars, wiegraf
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by wiegraf: 6:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

lol....person won boil. Chai.

Let those you call bear that name give you answer. Also, you didn't answer questions in the OP. Such a way atheist divert what ever stand against them to strawmanning. Lol.

Do that and I deal with your question. Abeg ma dey jonze to Fela tone....stage of kissing the star. Lwkmd

?

You demonstrate why one shouldn't address an eediot if he can manage it. Thank you
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2013
wiegraf:

?

You demonstrate why one shouldn't address an eediot if he can manage it. Thank you

Go and check how plaetton answered the question in his post. Nitwit like ya read topic and attack me while ignoring the OP.

What is spirituality to you? Is it possible for you as an atheist to have a rich spiritual life?

If you cant answer pls get lost.

*abeg share with me some fanta drink....you see that star? Hope you enjoying the fela song? Do you love kissing that star* lol
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You seem not to read through the post or maybe you omit how it address your question.

I stated 'demon or monster' because thats what most people think spirit is. Your question clearly indicate that thats where you driving at. Anyway, im sorry if it shred your shot.

Spirit = life force.

Physical body is just a dead carcass made of bones and flesh until life force function on it.

Physical world is just illusion within the brain. The only thing that exist is your experience.

Hope I answer you now?

Thanks and sorry for snapping..wasnt in a good mood that period..however am the kind of persin that loves to make enquiries and get info from different beliefs and concept thats why i am asking.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
macof: different spirits from the same source

where did you get this information from
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
wiegraf:

Maybe you can help the baba lawo op? Can you please explain how he gauges the evidence for/against gods?

I would love this question to be addressed...@plaetton, macof, folykaze oya make una talk something because i would like to know your response to this
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by macof(m): 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
joel lala:

where did you get this information from
nowhere in particular, just dat since human life comes from Olodumare, all life whether rats, goats, elephant etc. also come from Olodumare.
I know u are atheist so lemme try to sound as atheistic as I can be, to make u understand better. Olodumare is the source of our souls, the breath of life is the energy that activates the human body, making us a sentient being. It is that same energy that triggers life in animals as well. And even at death, just like the scientific theory that states "energy can neither be created nor destroyed" the soul only changes it's form and goes back to it's source.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by barackohandso(m): 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
macof: nowhere in particular, just dat since human life comes from Olodumare, all life whether rats, goats, elephant etc. also come from Olodumare.
I know u are atheist so lemme try to sound as atheistic as I can be, to make u understand better. Olodumare is the source of our souls, the breath of life is the energy that activates the human body, making us a sentient being. It is that same energy that triggers life in animals as well. And even at death, just like the scientific theory that states "energy can neither be created nor destroyed" the soul only changes it's form and goes back to it's source.

This is more like it. The topic is getting somewhere.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by barackohandso(m): 9:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Thanks for your post.

I was also like LB, bashing my culture and spirituality until my African American friend reveal it philosophy to me. It was really alarming that those Yoruba Gods we were taught in school are just mind-created fictions. Anyway, im not blaming Logicboy for anything. He never at once bark at me even though we dont agree on things.

I dont like throwing blame but I agree with you that our government, parents and ourselves caused this problem which makes African spirituality corrupted to the level it is today. I still believe this Spirituality (especially that of Yoruba) have survived generations without writing document and it has been the same till date. Thanks to some putting this down into books which we can read today. The revolution will come only if we contribute to it revival and not stamping on it.

Pls check out this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1464785/atheist-why-embracing-buddhism-not#18573207 . Still wondering why most atheist are ignoring it.

Maybe cos there's deception written all over it. I didn't think you were actually gonna open a thread on the topic when you said you would.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by barackohandso(m): 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
joel lala:

I would love this question to be addressed...@plaetton, macof, folykaze oya make una talk something because i would like to know your response to this

Same here. Wanna hear other opinions
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
joel lala:

barack_o_handso:

Same here. Wanna hear other opinions

Thanks for your question. Let me quickly make you guys understand that the term God mean different thing to different people. I opened a thread about this some days ago as it cause problem and makes it very hard for argument to run smoothly.....more like atheist arguing with pantheist on God. We all know atheist disbelief in God but pantheist believe in God....however, God to pantheist is universe. So will atheist says he doesn't believe in universe? I think you can see how problematic conflict the term 'God' cause in different conception. Read about Concept of God and atheism here.

I dont believe in God the creator of world, the ruler and maker of world, the humanic nature God (laugh, angry, walk, talk, live, die, sit, rest and depicted with human character), omnis and other religious attribute this being can have. It lie and product of mind.
Though...I agree with some people here that says God is the totality of force and energy in the universe. It mean you, I and other things in the nature are God. Also if by saying God, you could mean admiration, respect and thing thats due for honour.....like I will say, fela is my god/deity. I dont worship fela but love, admire, and honour his concept, philosophy, and style of life. I see fela as God but not as creator of the world or ruler of the world. Im not bowing down to his image or calling on people to worship him. I just admire his ways and that made him my God.

Eledumare = El' (body) + Odu (intelligence/conscious) + mare (infinity) which mean the body of infinite intelligence/consciousness. So Eledumare is totality of forces, energies and all that therein in the universe. No skydaddy attached to this. Eledumare is universe itself. I dont need to believe in Eledumare as a god.....it universe and we human are microcosm of the whole. I am God, you are God, we are God and everything is the universe is conscious so they are Gods. I dont need to believe I exist, I know that im existing. Within the body of God, all things, both abstract and concrete, are cells. Each and every animal, vegetable, mineral, thought, feeling, idea, emotion and concept has its own ashe (energy) and therefore contributes to the whole that is Eledumare.

Orisa = Ori (consciousness) + sa (selected) which mean selected consciousness among the infinite consciousness....ELEDUMARE. The theist usually think Orisa means deity so Ogun is one humanoid that suck blood. Nope....these are just form of consciousness.

Certain constellations of energies bear within their structure an assortment of related cells that together create a force of divinity called an Orisha, which can be best defined as a facet of God. Each of these constellations of energies, while made up of many different individual components, has its own, for lack of a better word, personality.

Therefore, God to me is a plural legion of higher intelligence that are not necessarily outside us but a part of the matrix of energy, the brightest amongst us assume esoteric mandate to join the legion of GOD.
In the begining was the word (audio-sound energy), and the word was God: Energy is God, God is energy.
Since God is Energy, it therefore means God can not be destroyed but converted from one form to another. Therefore Energy is God.
Since Energy can be converted from one form to another, it therefore means, that the totality of all that there is in the universe is called GOD.
God means all that there is, including you and I. So, do not look out there to God, you are a part of it. Little wonder the bible says, Ye are Gods and children of most high. Meaning you are the microcosm of the whole.

The mistake theist and some atheist made arose when attributing sex and human nature (laugh, angry, talking, thinking, walking, fighting, hatred, etc) to God. Some will say God is masculine and believe he is humanlike. This is work of mind in action.
Everything in nature is God. Stone, Animal, water, trees, magnetic force, energies....everything is God. My body is God in the sense of functionality of each of it. I see the reason some respect and honour head, some bosom, some private part and among yoruba traditionalist, they honour toes. Some people are my God and im God to others. The totality of the universe can be said to be the GOD.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

can you imagine the guy calling buddhism religion. Lol

Buddhism is a religion.

You are a fakeatheist
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Buddhism is a religion.

You are a fakeatheist

Ode...

It was a trap. You couldn't see that. Lol. How ya day?
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Ode...

It was a trap. You couldn't see that. Lol. How ya day?

Not so good......having bad internet connection....had work overload....no time to debunk peeps on NL.....I'm on edge angry
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Maybe cos there's deception written all over it. I didn't think you were actually gonna open a thread on the topic when you said you would.

Deception of what written where?
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Not so good......having bad internet connection....had work overload....no time to debunk peeps on NL.....I'm on edge angry

I opened a thread for ya. It about atheism and buddhism.... Pls check it up anytime you good to.

Go climb nearest mountain for 3g na....abi you dont need to surf through some pages tonight?
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 05, 2013
macof: nowhere in particular, just dat since human life comes from Olodumare, all life whether rats, goats, elephant etc. also come from Olodumare.

Am not an Atheist.

my brother am a christain o..a proud one for that matter.

wink smiley cheesy grin
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by nnofaith: 7:17am On Oct 05, 2013
@folly (sic)
you are just twisting stuff to suit your charade!
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by macof(m): 8:46am On Oct 05, 2013
joel lala:

Am not an Atheist.

my brother am a christain o..a proud one for that matter.

wink smiley cheesy grin
whether Christian, pagan or atheist we can all see sense in the existence of Olodumare; as folykaze keeps saying, Olodumare is the energy that drives the universe.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:48am On Oct 05, 2013
nnofaith: @folly (sic)
you are just twisting stuff to suit your charade!

Ode

Do you read my description on God or you just hate the word God?

Pantheist call universe 'God', does that make universe not existing?

I call fela my god/idol. Is that wrong? Does that make fela creator of the world?

Go and educate yourself on the concept of God.

Or refute my argument

1 Like

Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by wiegraf: 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Thanks for your question. Let me quickly make you guys understand that the term God mean different thing to different people. I opened a thread about this some days ago as it cause problem and makes it very hard for argument to run smoothly.....more like atheist arguing with pantheist on God. We all know atheist disbelief in God but pantheist believe in God....however, God to pantheist is universe. So will atheist says he doesn't believe in universe? I think you can see how problematic conflict the term 'God' cause in different conception. Read about Concept of God and atheism here.

I dont believe in God the creator of world, the ruler and maker of world, the humanic nature God (laugh, angry, walk, talk, live, die, sit, rest and depicted with human character), omnis and other religious attribute this being can have. It lie and product of mind.
Though...I agree with some people here that says God is the totality of force and energy in the universe. It mean you, I and other things in the nature are God. Also if by saying God, you could mean admiration, respect and thing thats due for honour.....like I will say, fela is my god/deity. I dont worship fela but love, admire, and honour his concept, philosophy, and style of life. I see fela as God but not as creator of the world or ruler of the world. Im not bowing down to his image or calling on people to worship him. I just admire his ways and that made him my God.

Eledumare = El' (body) + Odu (intelligence/conscious) + mare (infinity) which mean the body of infinite intelligence/consciousness. So Eledumare is totality of forces, energies and all that therein in the universe. No skydaddy attached to this. Eledumare is universe itself. I dont need to believe in Eledumare as a god.....it universe and we human are microcosm of the whole. I am God, you are God, we are God and everything is the universe is conscious so they are Gods. I dont need to believe I exist, I know that im existing. Within the body of God, all things, both abstract and concrete, are cells. Each and every animal, vegetable, mineral, thought, feeling, idea, emotion and concept has its own ashe (energy) and therefore contributes to the whole that is Eledumare.

Orisa = Ori (consciousness) + sa (selected) which mean selected consciousness among the infinite consciousness....ELEDUMARE. The theist usually think Orisa means deity so Ogun is one humanoid that suck blood. Nope....these are just form of consciousness.

Certain constellations of energies bear within their structure an assortment of related cells that together create a force of divinity called an Orisha, which can be best defined as a facet of God. Each of these constellations of energies, while made up of many different individual components, has its own, for lack of a better word, personality.

Therefore, God to me is a plural legion of higher intelligence that are not necessarily outside us but a part of the matrix of energy, the brightest amongst us assume esoteric mandate to join the legion of GOD.
In the begining was the word (audio-sound energy), and the word was God: Energy is God, God is energy.
Since God is Energy, it therefore means God can not be destroyed but converted from one form to another. Therefore Energy is God.
Since Energy can be converted from one form to another, it therefore means, that the totality of all that there is in the universe is called GOD.
God means all that there is, including you and I. So, do not look out there to God, you are a part of it. Little wonder the bible says, Ye are Gods and children of most high. Meaning you are the microcosm of the whole.

The mistake theist and some atheist made arose when attributing sex and human nature (laugh, angry, talking, thinking, walking, fighting, hatred, etc) to God. Some will say God is masculine and believe he is humanlike. This is work of mind in action.
Everything in nature is God. Stone, Animal, water, trees, magnetic force, energies....everything is God. My body is God in the sense of functionality of each of it. I see the reason some respect and honour head, some bosom, some private part and among yoruba traditionalist, they honour toes. Some people are my God and im God to others. The totality of the universe can be said to be the GOD.

@folly, exactly where did you answer the question?
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
wiegraf:

@folly, exactly where did you answer the question?

You know why I did not honour you answer? My name not spell correctly..... If this is how you will continue, I bet I will continue ignoring you.

Secondly, I treated the concept of God on a separate thread. Here is the link https://www.nairaland.com/1457170/atheist.....what-concept-god-disbelief . So I dont know which concept you asking about.

If the term God from the pantheism view is what you ask for, the universe is your evidence.

I am evidence too....because im part of God as well as God myself.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by wiegraf: 5:14pm On Oct 05, 2013
^^^^

how do you gauge the evidence for/against gods?
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
wiegraf: ^^^^

how do you gauge the evidence for/against gods?

Erm....what is God? Fela is my God....he existed. Wrong?

This will only stop if you take your time to read through that link I gave you....by then, I will know where to drive at
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by wiegraf: 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Erm....what is God? Fela is my God....he existed. Wrong?

This will only stop if you take your time to read through that link I gave you....by then, I will know where to drive at

Any god. When someone shows up at your door claiming allah, thor or pikkiwokki, how do you assess their claims?
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
wiegraf:

Any god. When someone shows up at your door claiming allah, thor or pikkiwokki, how do you assess their claims?

I see that as joke. Lol.

Again what is God?

Give me the definition and concept of God you are asking claim of, by then you have a straight answer.

If you have go through the link I gave you, you would have understand me better. Read through the link and ask your question with clarity.
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by wiegraf: 12:16am On Oct 06, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I see that as joke.

Why?
Re: 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:48am On Oct 06, 2013
wiegraf:

Why?

Because it a joke. Could be self-esteem.....or drama. Lol

Can you answer my question. What is God? What concept of God are you refering to?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong / Rhapsody Of Realities: World's Most Translated Book After The Bible- Wikipedia / How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.