Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? (8717 Views)

10 More Things From 1960 That Are Worth Celebrating In 2014 / Google.ng Celebrates Nigeria's 53rd Independence With A Doodle / A Message To Nigerians As We Celeberate Our 53rd Indepence Day. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Rawpidgin(m): 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
Annie2gud: I will always celebrate.Naija is my Country...naija no Good.ma me and you spoil am o.welda Good or bad.all we can do for naija to reclaim her lost glories..is for us to change and have a positiv mind.Naija a free country where everything is posible.happy 53yrs birthday,my Belove naija.God Bless Naija...God BLESS DELTA state.i love delta state.to all the deltans in the house(ijaws)(urhobos)(isokos)and not forgetin the itsekiris.....we are the Best#teamDelta state....the Big Heart#
Where u dey state 4 delta state?
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Akeem79(m): 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
Evestar200: Stop hating if u knw u wont celebrate,,,just leave it 4 me and the people that will decorate the whole world with GREEN AND WHITE 2mrrw tongue tongue
So this Manure fan is still have mouth to talk on NL ? I thought you have runaway last two weekends during 4-1 / 1-2 flogging haha ..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Daniel2802(m): 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
Annie2gud: I will always celebrate.Naija is my Country...naija no Good.ma me and you spoil am o.welda Good or bad.all we can do for naija to reclaim her lost glories..is for us to change and have a positiv mind.Naija a free country where everything is posible.happy 53yrs birthday,my Belove naija.God Bless Naija...God BLESS DELTA state.i love delta state.to all the deltans in the house(ijaws)(urhobos)(isokos)and not forgetin the itsekiris.....we are the Best#teamDelta state....the Big Heart#
Yes oh,we must celebrate our country because we are better off than some countries like Somali,Sri-lanka,Syria just to mention a few and remeber that America did not achieve all the have in 50yrs,it took more than 150yrs after indepence so please people be patient with Nigeria.Even though we dont have anything tangible,we should atleast celebrate our independence from the whites because it wasn't easy for our forefathers to acheive that.
GOD BLESS ME!!!
GOD BLESS DELTA STATE!!!
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!
#Team Delta#

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by tolurainbow(m): 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
Dat day is a day... we should all wipe tears because dere is not nothing. Special abt d day everything is getting worst especially d regime of goat Jonathan...s.h.it
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by verajite(f): 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
yes oh. @ least ASUU @ 3mnths is worth celebrating.
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by deols(f): 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
No.

It is a waste of money, time and energy.

And only the elite gets to celebrate with our money. It makes no sense. at all

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by tyson99(m): 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
Evestar200: Stop hating if u knw u wont celebrate,,,just leave it 4 me and the people that will decorate the whole world with GREEN AND WHITE 2mrrw tongue tongue
Who know u
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by festusfeezy(m): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
Celebrating fire, na Boko we dey celebrate or waiting, those of u celebrating, watch well, else a load of bomb might land on ur skall
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Evestar200(f): 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
Akeem79: So this Manure fan is still have mouth to talk on NL ? I thought you have runaway last two weekends during 4-1 / 1-2 flogging haha ..... cheesy
you are off topic tongue #team Delta#

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Evestar200(f): 1:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
tyson99:
Who know u
Billonaires and trillionaires cheesy #team Delta#

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by eluquenson(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
I can only celebrate my birthday! There is nothing I need to rejoice for in Nigeria, we need to morn the dead student killed by the monsters in the North, no time to celebrate may be wen garri come down to 100naira cheesy
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by taiocol: 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
it will worth it if you ppl stp asking such silLy question. Celebrate 9ja come rain nd sun
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by smart134: 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
if u can be with naija during hard tym? Wen will be d best tym..wen evrytin is good! I stick with naija 4 ever! Happy birthday Naija!!! We shall Glow!

Dnt be ungreatful! U can compare us to SYRIA! So Jst tnk God u saw Naija at 53
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by gwariman007: 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
Why will I not celebrate....Boko Haram will never see my brakelight....KIdnappers nor value me...I nor dey university...I nor play. Politics...I nor be Amaechi or Wike or Jang or even PREZI ....why I nor go celebrate Oct. 1st...When there is Life there is Hope...2moro I go drink 3 bottles of DUBIC lager beer .....in the evening I go join Chelsea beat Stauea BUcharest ...

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by xager(m): 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
this same question has always been asked since i can remember...Nigeria may not be exactly what we want it to be right now, but there has been a considerable increase in growth and development rate. So yes, the little we have is worth celebrating
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by chukxie(m): 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
Beaf!:
The Retardeen will once again fill our ears with a loong boring speech.

Retardeen this , retardeen that! Another proliferation of otiose vocabulary on NL! Happy birthday Nigeria!!
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by jmoore(m): 1:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
Do you want the colonial masters to come back?

We should celebrate it.
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Abelbenker(m): 1:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
did u know dere was a media chat yesterday GEJ for ans u well well.
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by kstyle2(m): 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
I pledge 2 9ja my country...i promise 2 luv dis nation lyk no oda....abi which oda country i fit cal my own....d change u n i wnts starts 4rm me n u...a land filled wit hot chicks,wondaful n funny folks(yuzedo coms 2 mind),a land wit d greatest food ish....is there anytyn worth celebratin?...YES...we r stil 1....lets jst put ethnicity n religious ish behind us n den we r gud 2 go......9ja 4 lyf
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Halb: 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
dvdon: If u are a true and patriotic Nigerian, you shouldn't be asking such a question.

If u believe in God and the bright future of Nigeria can start from you, you shouldn't ask such a question.

If you sit down and think even if for just a minute on how to start improving this nation, u wouldn't be asking this question.

Even if we are dissapointed so far with the mode of leadership in Nigeria, we shouldn't be hopeless rather we should pray and celebrate every single day in anticipation of a great expectation.

Long live Nigeria God bless u.
Mind u,I'm a TRUE,LOYAL and PATRIOTIC citizen of this country and i pray everyday 4 dis country,i also believe and have Faith in GOD. It's just that d situation we are in PRESENTLY,is so depressing and fraustrating 4 us 2 start thinking of celebration.I ask dis question 2 know our views on how 2 move dis country 2 a greater height and i also want 2 know ur views on how u feel about 2morrow, IS IT WORTH CELEBRATING OR NOT,SIMPLE!! .I believe we can all contribute our quota 2ru dis platform, u never can tell if d president is reading dis.And i also beleive dat one day Nigeria will rise among the Greatest countries of d World.Thanks 4 d criticism and HAPPY INDEPENDENCE IN ADVANCE!!.
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by pbling: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
we r sti fools @ d ds age,we gat evry yet dere is so much chaos,let d change start 4rm d top,d ghetos r tired of listenin "e go beta"

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Akeem79(m): 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
Evestar200: you are off topic tongue #team Delta#
Off topic indeed cheesy today you are team Delta because Manurechester lost two straight league game haha .... grin

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by papi365: 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
IT IS A PITY SAY U DEY CELEBRATE URSELF AS A MUMU VICTIM 4 53YRS.
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by papi365: 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
IT IS A PITY SAY U DEY CELEBRATE UR DISEASE AS A MUMU VICTIM 4 53YRS. SHAME ON U
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by hustla(m): 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nonsense celebration were WO
Light no go even dey here sef..no light for 5days now...oh sorry..they brought it for 1minute yesterday undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by hustla(m): 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Daniel2802:
Yes oh,we must celebrate our country because we are better off than some countries like Somali,Sri-lanka,Syria just to mention a few and remeber that America did not achieve all the have in 50yrs,it took more than 150yrs after indepence so please people be patient with Nigeria.Even though we dont have anything tangible,we should atleast celebrate our independence from the whites because it wasn't easy for our forefathers to acheive that.
GOD BLESS ME!!!
GOD BLESS DELTA STATE!!!
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!
#Team Delta#

To mumu no be easy thing o

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by papi365: 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hal b: mind u,I'm a TRUE,LOYAL and PATRIOTIC citizen of this country and i pray everyday 4 dis country,i also believe and have Faith in GOD. It's just that d situation we are in presently,is so depressing and fraustrating 4 us 2 start celebrating.I ask dis question 2 know our views on how 2 move dis country 2 a greater hight and i also want 2 know ur views on how u feel 2morrow, IS IT WORTH CELE BRATING OR NOT,SIMPLE!! .I beleive we can all contribute our quota 2ru dis platform, u never can tell if d president is reading dis.And i also beleive dat one day Nigeria will rise among the Greatest countries of d World.Thanks 4 d criticism and HAPPY INDEPENDENCE IN ADVANCE!!
u re just confusing urself.which day naija go beta? 10yrs ago people were complainin but neva new dat in d nxt decade to come it would be worsen. stop hoping for shit.
Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by Uyi168: 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
D only tin we cn celebrt is d fact there is stil hope!aside dis notin to celebrate,maybe we'll cotinue hoping 4 a hopless hope!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? by papi365: 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hal b: mind u,I'm a TRUE,LOYAL and PATRIOTIC citizen of this country and i pray everyday 4 dis country,i also believe and have Faith in GOD. It's just that d situation we are in presently,is so depressing and fraustrating 4 us 2 start celebrating.I ask dis question 2 know our views on how 2 move dis country 2 a greater hight and i also want 2 know ur views on how u feel 2morrow, IS IT WORTH CELE BRATING OR NOT,SIMPLE!! .I beleive we can all contribute our quota 2ru dis platform, u never can tell if d president is reading dis.And i also beleive dat one day Nigeria will rise among the Greatest countries of d World.Thanks 4 d criticism and HAPPY INDEPENDENCE IN ADVANCE!!
u re just confusing urself.which day naija go beta? 10yrs ago people were complainin but neva new dat in d nxt decade to come it would be worsen. stop hoping for shit. evryday unemployment rises 100%. u beta watch ur word b4 i sepe 4 u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Simplejoe4x.com. Scam Or Not? / I Need Serious Financial Assistance / The Good Or Bad Things That Happen To You In 2012?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.