Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (73953 Views)

Graphic Photos Of A Motorcycle Rider Killed By A Train At Iju Ishagba Yesterday / Motorcycle Pictures From 2014 Bikers Convention In Nigeria / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
Fhemmmy: But please make sure there are more pix than talking oh
Lol! Fhemmmy, spyder880 don spoil us!

@shagati, I can just imagine the adventure and wish I have the guts to try such.
Bikes are a no-no for me, but, in a landrover, I am sooo good to go!
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2013
lertee:
Ok,thanks for sharing. cool
Nice signature!!
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by dominique(f): 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
Jarus: when i saw 'motor cycle' on teh homepage, was expecting to see okada-type machine grin

Na wa for you grin grin grin

Op, wey the pishures
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by lertee(f): 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
spikes C:

What are you planning shocked

Don't leave me out wink
You don't worry huh? I aint planning anything you cannot handle.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Timijo(m): 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
Arosa:

I think it's better for you to swim there. undecided
No, I have decided to use witchcraft from Naija to U.S because it is the fastest.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
Arysexy: Whenever I see power bikers, wot comes to my mind is wot if...... At such top speed, a cow or goat jumps into d road, na flying away from d bike be dat and instant death. I never wan die!
See imagination! Hahahahaha,
Cow and goat don turn frog

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by lertee(f): 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
kaeyame:
Nice signature!!

wink
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by olushollys(m): 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
omoghana22: I DONT THINK THIS IS TRUE. IS IT THAT YOU GUYS DONT HAVE PICTURES TO PROVE? YOU MUST STOP AT 3 BORDERS BEFORE GETING TO ACCRA. WHERE ARE THE PICS. ONLY SEME? WHAT ABOUT ELAKOJI AND AFLAO. ANY THE IDEA IS A GOOD ONE........LET THE COMPETITION START.

Yea its TRUE, I actually saw these guys last week thursday on my way to lome Togo, around a police check point in benin away from cotonue when they over took our car onE after the other, it was a beautiful sight and I later saw their bikes at "elakoki" border . But u said you got to seme border around 730 if am correct, how come the car I was traveling in got ahead of you? I remember the car left seme borde park in cotonue around 12 noon
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by chatterly: 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
Somorin#1:
Nice, very nice.

Definetely a far cry from the Suzuki GT550, GT750, Triumph Tiger, BMW R60 that we used to ride back in the 80s in 9ja. Back then the longest distances was going from Abeokuta to UniIlorin, UniIbadan, etc for weekend parties or to the shrine. Back when 9ja was good, imho.

Still thinking of shipping my Ducati Supersports to Nigeria. Maybe I'll join you guys in one of my trips down home.

Still looking for one of my road dawgs, Dare, he used to ride a Suzuki GT550 and worked for an elevator repair company in Lagos back then.
wow,
This takes me way back,i was still in secondary school in the 80's but my big bros in those days in Ibadan were real bikers and the bikes usually used then were the GT550 auctioned off by the police,the Harley Davidson 1000's used by the original Oyo state road safety corps,and the triumphs which were bought from the Nigerian army. Those were really good days,SMH.i wonder if any of those bikes survive today?

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
obo_man: @ OP, I'm thinking maybe next time, you attach a mini camera to your bike, so that we can see the landmarks, the nice views, the people and the countries.

You then upload it to Youtube, like a form of documentary.. wink wink wink
My exact thoughts too
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati wen u coming to south africa??

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by 360command: 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
kaeyame:
Lol! Fhemmmy, spyder888 don spoil us!

@shagati, I can just imagine the adventure and wish I have the guts to try such.

see your write up, u like awoof ! Go to benin rep, burkina faso , you will see girls like u on bike
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by pappilo(m): 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
nadia_SA: Shagati wen u coming to south africa??

See toasting tingz.... Me sef get keke NAPEP... When make I dey come?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by 360command: 8:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
nadia_SA: Shagati wen u coming to south africa??
I think u beta ask 'when will he get visa to S.A so as he can ride down'.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by agabaI23(m): 8:36pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati: It is imperative to note that this trip started on Thursday 26th and we returned to Lagos on Monday 30th.
Yes, 'WE' as I rode in a group of 4 bikes outbound and 6 bikes on the return leg.

The outbound bikes were:
BMW R1200GS Adventure (Me) (Adventure touring bike)
BMW R1200GS Adventure (Adventure touring bike)
BMW K1600GTL (Luxury Grand Tourer)
Kawasaki ZX14 R NINJA (Hypersport bike)

The bikes on the return trip were:
BMW R1200GS Adventure (Me)
BMW K1600GTL
BMW R1200GS
BMW S1000RR (Super sport bike)
Kawasaki Z1000 (Nak.ed road bike)
Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa (Hypersport bike)

Pictures to follow.....
I so wanna be part of this.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by 50calibre(m): 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
Some people just like embarking on suicide missions, lagos to Accra on a motorbike? In Africa? Wow!!
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Fhemmmy: 8:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
kaeyame:
Lol! Fhemmmy, spyder888 don spoil us!

yes oh, cos i cant picture all the words without pix . . but i cant understand the danger of riding and taking pix . . .
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Highjayklm(f): 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
Just following d thread nd loving d conversatn. I think u r a very down to earth and cool tempered person Shagati, kip it up. Dazzall.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Jarus(m): 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2013
dominique:

Na wa for you grin grin grin

Op, wey the pishures

don't mind me.....who deosn't know power bike can easily travel from Lagos to Accra. It will be news if it was okada cheesy
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
Apologies for the break in transmission.
Where was I?
Yes, Seme border. The Nigerian side was cleared without much fanfare. We then crossed to the Benin Republic side where we had to obtain the Laissez-passer.
Total time spent at Seme was about 70 minutes.

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
Call me next time so we go together,I love adventures.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nuzo1(m): 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
Wow! I love this! cheesy

I used to have a crazy biker friend in Abakaliki. Ugo exposed me to the adranaline rush that comes with riding a power bike. Craziest biker ever! cry

Later had the craziest road experience somewhere in China. This time around, we used an SUV. We were trapped for 2 days by the great snow disaster of 2008/09. We were very young, wild and free. The risk and adrenaline rush cannot be described. I could still remember our SUV slipping like we were skating. It was the exploration of my life.

I would love to try this Lagos-Ghana-Moroco trip with them Shagati sometime. Heard Ghanians are very enthusiastic riders.

Any bikers club in Abuja?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Years(m): 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
azpekuliar: On the Wheelers FB page, someones got a 2012 Yamaha FZ8 with 6000miles on it for N1m. This is my favourite bike. Thought I should post here, perhaps someone might be interested.

Paste pics now or send me a PM...!
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by baby124: 9:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
All that biker gear in hot naija sun. *fainting*. Special biker gear is needed for Naija weather. Otherwise na ICU straight. Anyway, happy travels. Hopefully some bad belles will restrain themselves from hijacking these explorers and robbing them. Make sure to post your last location an hour or a day after you left. Especially on naija side.LOL
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
Sweet grin
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by pryd(m): 9:15pm On Oct 04, 2013
Road trips are simply fascinating..
No doubt pictures would have made it more interesting.
@Shagati nice one bro....#respect
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Years(m): 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati: Apologies for the break in transmission.
Where was I?
Yes, Seme border. The Nigerian side was cleared without much fanfare. We then crossed to the Benin Republic side where we had to obtain the Laissez-passer.
Total time spent at Seme was about 70 minutes.

Good job bro, I belong to the Steel knights shey you don't mind sending me a PM next time you wanna do another outside border? i wanna cure my boredom.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by tellwisdom: 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
Bro, how do i know you rode to Benin Rep??...Are you sure this is not idumota?? sad #No come act indian film for here oo undecided
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by infoscope(m): 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
following.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
Formalities completed and we head out towards the Benin/Togo border @ Hillacondji (I have seen quite a number of wrong spellings here. Please note the correct spelling).

Trip through Benin was dampened by the 18 km stretch of dirt road that I had mentioned before. You know how it is when you first hit it and you're thinking..it's gonna end soon...soon...and it doesn't for 18 clicks!!
Needless to say, too frustrating to stop for pictures cry
There is a picture though taken during the return trip. Kindly wait for the sequence.

Plan was to go all crazy at Hillacondji and take 1000 pictures to make up for the lack of any within Cotonou but I had just managed to squeeze off the first shot when I was hounded by the Benin Police and shown the sign that says NO PICTURES! Arrrgh!!
So I pocket my camera and sulk while we were being processed.

Total time spent @ Hillacondji was 1 hour

Picture of the Police Post grin

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by agabaI23(m): 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
Wow! Glued!
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by dante23: 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
wow!!! Nice one shagati, you guys should meet some lovely roads there. i would like you to upload a video of that ZZR14R in action. whoop!! whoop!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Redesigns A Beetle Tortoise Car Into A Rolls Royce / Rolls-Royce Boat Tail Is The Most Expensive Car In The World in 2023 / This Is How Lawyers Advertise Themselves With Their Cars (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.