Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (73925 Views)

Graphic Photos Of A Motorcycle Rider Killed By A Train At Iju Ishagba Yesterday / Motorcycle Pictures From 2014 Bikers Convention In Nigeria / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
Welcome to Togo wink

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 04, 2013
pappilo:

See toasting tingz.... Me sef get keke NAPEP... When make I dey come?

No! I want shagatis bmw..nothing else!
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 9:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
Saddling up to depart the border into Togo en-route Aflao.
More spectators pictured grin

"SHAGATI, LET'S GO!!!"

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
360command: I think u beta ask 'when will he get visa to S.A so as he can ride down'.
shagati answer this ooo
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2013
Years:

Good job bro, I belong to the Steel knights shey you don't mind sending me a PM next time you wanna do another outside border? i wanna cure my boredom.

A Steel Knight was on the trip. Ask your guys wink
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by GHPATRIOT(m): 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
Seriously, all these side comments/posts are unnecessary, allow @Shagati to complete his Story. Thank y0u!

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by makizee(m): 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
This is the type of Adventure i would like to embark on...but instead am stock in this job that pays but sometimes bore me to death...oh well...maybe next life then

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by GHPATRIOT(m): 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Shagati please continue.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 9:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
FINALLY! Stopped for pictures at a non-border location
I don't know where this was but it was a bay overlooking the Atlantic some kms into Togo. Beautiful scenery!

A policeman passing on an Okada-type bike stopped to ask who we were and why we were taking pictures.
Us: Shuo?! We're Tourists na?
Policeman: Yes, but why are you taking pictures? And why pictures of this place? angry
Us: Errr....ok....Taking pictures so that when we get back home, people will believe we really came to beautiful Lome embarassed
Policeman: Ok Ok, that's alright! grin

I thought he would ask us to follow him in which case he would have had a very hard time keeping up #Cough, Cough# wink grin

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by idupaul: 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
More More More pics
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by favcom(m): 9:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
Good job Shagati. (y)

Following!
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by eaglechild: 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati: The Bike

2013 BMW R1200GS Adventure (Same bike used by Ewan and Charles in The Long Way Down)
If that is your bike then you are a confirmed big boy.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Arysexy(m): 10:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Years(m): 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati:

A Steel Knight was on the trip. Ask your guys wink
Am guessing its Baba himself? well i'll be glad to join up next time bro.Thumbs up for you.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 10:09pm On Oct 04, 2013
nadia_SA: Shagati wen u coming to south africa??

360command: I think u beta ask 'when will he get visa to S.A so as he can ride down'.

nadia_SA: No! I want shagatis bmw..nothing else!

nadia_SA: shagati answer this ooo

ZA Visa locked and loaded cool. Just give the word and I will appear.

Lagos to Jozzy is another kettle of fish entirely. 9,900km via 10 countries shocked shocked shocked

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Heyliesha(m): 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
nadia_SA: Shagati wen u coming to south africa??
to do what?

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
Heyliesha: to do what?
I want to ride him

Bike
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by DJDOLA(m): 10:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
Observing things
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati:

ZA Visa locked and loaded cool. Just give the word and I will appear.

Lagos to Jozzy is another kettle of fish entirely. 9,900km via 10 countries shocked shocked shocked
damnnn..that's a lil bit too much..

But u can make it..

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by bfire(m): 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
@OP:

This is very tempting.

I love this type of adventure. I somehow never learn how to ride a bike even when my younger one owns old Honda GL1500 Power Bike.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
Arrival at the almighty Aflao Border.
Almighty because every crossing formality is done by the book and in person. Operation of Touts Agents is at the barest minimum
Vehicle VINs are physically cross checked with papers by customs and payments are to the bank etc etc

We had been told to prepare for a 3-4 hour waiting time.
Providence was on our side....all was completed in just over 2hours smiley

Same as with all borders, no pictures allowed... wink

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Heyliesha(m): 10:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
nadia_SA: I want to ride him

Bike
its like i will come with him....so dat u can ride on us......i mean on our bike

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by DisGuy: 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati: FINALLY! Stopped for pictures at a non-border location
I don't know where this was but it was a bay overlooking the Atlantic some kms into Togo. Beautiful scenery!

A policeman passing on an Okada-type bike stopped to ask who we were and why we were taking pictures.
Us: Shuo?! We're Tourists na?
Policeman: Yes, but why are you taking pictures? And why pictures of this place? angry
Us: Errr....ok....Taking pictures so that when we get back home, people will believe we really came to beautiful Lome embarassed
Policeman: Ok Ok, that's alright! grin

I thought he would ask us to follow him in which case he would have had a very hard time keeping up
#Cough, Cough# wink grin

Chei african tourism don suffer
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2013
We had a spectator/fan with a difference at the Aflao border.
He followed/stuck with us for the entire 2hours we spent at the border!!!
On learning we were from Nigeria, he proceeded to tell us about every single Nigerian; Male, Female and Child that had ever crossed the border in either direction and wanted to know if we knew them

One person he kept repeating was a lady that drove a red Range Rover and was going to Abuja from Accra. He practically insisted that we knew her.
Ok, what is her name? "No clue, I just know she drove a red Range Rover and was going to Abuja"
LOL!

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by tobyharwe(m): 10:31pm On Oct 04, 2013
how much does the bike cost, love them....could get one if price is within range.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by DisGuy: 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2013
well perhaps he's seen only one red range rover EVER!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2013
Landed in Accra, straight to the hotel, hit the showers, and then some dinner.

This is the most interesting rendition I have seen of mashed potatoes and seafood sauce. Yum! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by DisGuy: 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
tobyharwe: how much does the bike cost, love them....could get one if price is within range.

About $18,000 Sir, well within your range!
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Kenechy: 10:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
I Enjoy Killing those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau.

Like this page for more gist & info....
https://www.facebook.com/newsinfok
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
360command: see your write up, u like awoof ! Go to benin rep, burkina faso , you will see girls like u on bike
Girls like me?
Have you seen me before? Lol! What if I am "orobo"?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
oh! So am nt the only one drming of a bike?
It is well.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by GHPATRIOT(m): 10:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Derailers, Please if you want any bike info, I suggest you use G00gle, please stop Derailing! aah!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Old Cat Hides Under Donald Trump's $1.5m Armoured Beasts Limo,Render It Useless / Nigerian Man Redesigns A Beetle Tortoise Car Into A Rolls Royce / Rolls-Royce Boat Tail Is The Most Expensive Car In The World in 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.