Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (73932 Views)

Graphic Photos Of A Motorcycle Rider Killed By A Train At Iju Ishagba Yesterday / Motorcycle Pictures From 2014 Bikers Convention In Nigeria / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
Hotel carbike park pictures.
Daytime pictures to follow

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 10:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
I particularly love this picture

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati: I particularly love this picture

This hotel is in east legon' right?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
Picturesque hotel setting
Hotel is located in East Legon

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 10:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
spongeback:
This hotel is in east legon' right?

Yes ma'am
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Tonylyte(m): 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
Op, u went to gayna on bike. Did u bring bak charcoal 4 us to roaste corn?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by solomon111(m): 10:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
My mother must not hear that i tried this kinda stunt.
Na heart attack straight.
I admire you,bro.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati:

Yes ma'am
Hope you went to osu! Ghana New York. wink
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by solomon111(m): 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati: Picturesque hotel setting
Hotel is located in East Legon
pls do you have more pictures of togo?
That's the country i am particularly interested in.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by eaglechild: 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
This is the coolest thread in a long while.
Enjoying it.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by GHPATRIOT(m): 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati: Landed in Accra, straight to the hotel, hit the showers, and then some dinner.

This is the most interesting rendition I have seen of mashed potatoes and seafood sauce. Yum! cheesy

@Shagati, please how do y0u mean everything went by the B00k in Aflao?, and also did you not stop by a pitstop to refuel and also to eat? And did you take the Motorway in Accra? If you did how was your speed? Thank Y0u.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by DisGuy: 11:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
Lovely pics, Looks so clean serene like it not in the same West Africa with big brother

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 11:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
t-die:
Nice one Shagati.
Were there any 4 wheeled vehicles in your trip?
Would be nice to do such a trip with a combination of cars and bikes (with me safely in a carwink )
Would love to take part (next time) if cars are allowed...

No, no cars on the trip.
Cars would slow you down.

Bikes don't queue at the borders. Ride through and you are immediately processed
Bikes don't attract attention at check points in most places. Very little space to hide contraband like frozen poultry, textiles and such see?
It takes 3 minutes maximum to completely search a bike and rider at the points where we were stopped and frisked.
Bikes can pick up the pace like no car on deserted mountain roads #Whistling a concerto#

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 11:08pm On Oct 04, 2013
spongeback:
Hope you went to osu! Ghana New York. wink

Yes we did...twice. wink
There was a club we went to Friday night (forgotten the name)
Also had dinner at the KFC on the high street
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Fuelish: 11:09pm On Oct 04, 2013
Dis Guy: Lovely pics, Looks so clean serene like it not in the same West Africa with big -for-nothing -brother
grin
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati:

Yes we did...twice. wink
There was a club we went to Friday night (forgotten the name)
Also had dinner at the KFC on the high street
Was it at Osu near Frankies? Bellorama?
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
ricki: not enough picture to tell the interesting trip.

That is totally my opinion.

I'm sure you're much happier now? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Heyliesha(m): 11:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
GH PATRIOT: @Derailers, Please if you want any bike info, I suggest you use G00gle, please stop Derailing! aah!
you wan make we notice you gh PAROT....well aw ghana?

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 11:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
Miss_3v3: Was it at Osu near Frankies? Bellorama?

Hmmm...you know your Ghana cool
Had a meal at Frankies on Sunday
There was a bike event at Bellorama same Sunday which we showed up for.

The club I'm talking about is further up the road. Most of the patrons were expatriates. (up to 99%)
Ratio changed though when we rocked up though. All 15 of us Naijarians wink

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by telexfree1: 11:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
Miss_3v3: Was it at Osu near Frankies? Bellorama?

I remember that club Bellorama. Has a narrow entrance.
Jokers was da bomb
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 11:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
Fhemmmy: But please make sure there are more pix than talking oh

Done Sir
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati:

The club I'm talking about is further up the road. Most of the patrons were expatriates. (up to 99%)
Ok cool. i don't think i know that club, but will check it out when am in Ghana again.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
telexfree1:

I remember that club Bellorama. Has a narrow entrance.
Jokers was da bomb
Yeah that's it. True Jokers is off the hook.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
wazobia_N9: Yep, I saw these guys at A&C mall in Accra last weekend. Wasn't surprised they rode from Lagos, saw the Nigeria license plates on their bikes... I know my people have guts. I have driven across Lagos-Accra route a number of times myself, and currently drive my Lagos licensed car around Ghana.
Kudos guys!!!

Was that you with the black Merc G63 with Lagos plates? cool
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by GHPATRIOT(m): 11:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati:

Is it EXCEL? If it is I won't be suprised because its barely six months 0ld.
Dele M0M0DU of 0vation also has a restaurant in that Vicinity.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by infoscope(m): 11:27pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati: We had a spectator/fan with a difference at the Aflao border.
He followed/stuck with us for the entire 2hours we spent at the border!!!
On learning we were from Nigeria, he proceeded to tell us about every single Nigerian; Male, Female and Child that had ever crossed the border in either direction and wanted to know if we knew them

One person he kept repeating was a lady that drove a red Range Rover and was going to Abuja from Accra. He practically insisted that we knew her.
Ok, what is her name? "No clue, I just know she drove a red Range Rover and was going to Abuja"
LOL!

OP I no gree oh, you keep covering your face on all the pictures but forgot to cover this man's face. #racism

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by telexfree1: 11:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
Miss_3v3: Yeah that's it. True Jokers is off the hook.

Wow.
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 04, 2013
Heyliesha: its like i will come with him....so dat u can ride on us......i mean on our bike
grin naughty u!..
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by 360command: 11:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
Shagati: We had a spectator/fan with a difference at the Aflao border.
He followed/stuck with us for the entire 2hours we spent at the border!!!
On learning we were from Nigeria, he proceeded to tell us about every single Nigerian; Male, Female and Child that had ever crossed the border in either direction and wanted to know if we knew them

One person he kept repeating was a lady that drove a red Range Rover and was going to Abuja from Accra. He practically insisted that we knew her.
Ok, what is her name? "No clue, I just know she drove a red Range Rover and was going to Abuja"
LOL!
that guy on your pic dat kept asking of a girl who drove a red range rover, I think I know d old guy. He is a fockn guy. I once used dat road trip when I came across the guy, he speaks french when he heard me speaking my little french. He is cunning if people are not careful when interacting with the guy, he is deceitful. He speaks french, english and yoruba. He has lived in Nigeria, Ghana, togo and cote d ivoire(so he told me).
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Shagati(m): 11:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
GH PATRIOT:
@Shagati, please how do y0u mean everything went by the B00k in Aflao?, and also did you not stop by a pitstop to refuel and also to eat? And did you take the Motorway in Accra? If you did how was your speed? Thank Y0u.

By the book means:
You register with immigration...yourself
You touch base with Customs...yourself
Customs official comes outside to write down the bike vin to cross check with the documents before entering it into the system (Oh, forgot to mention, Ghana side of Aflao is fully computerised so entries done with one agency is uploaded live and is available by the time you get to the next agency)
You make payments to the ECOBANK....yourself (be ready for long queues as Aflao is a busy border)
You get issued a temporary importation of vehicle certificate from Customs
etc etc
My point is, at the other locations, you can use an agent for facilitation

The GS Adventure has a 33Litre tank which is good for 500km if you baby the throttle reasonably.
So, both GSes filled up at the Conoil at Seme and didn't refuel till the next day in Accra
The ZX14 has a 21Litre tank and refuelled once on crossing Aflao. Aflao is 160km to Accra
The 1000cc bikes have 18L tanks and fuelled up twice during the trip

We had cookies/sandwiches and packed juice to snack on during the trip. No stopping to eat. Too much adrenaline I guess tongue

Yes @ Motorway.
Speeds well within the limit sir
Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
Sleeping on shagati's thread this night

I swear I love bikers!!... Not okada type abeG

1 Like

Re: Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. by 360command: 11:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
kaeyame:
Girls like me?
Have you seen me before? Lol! What if I am "orobo"?
if u b obolo(orobo) , u r on your own.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Old Cat Hides Under Donald Trump's $1.5m Armoured Beasts Limo,Render It Useless / Nigerian Man Redesigns A Beetle Tortoise Car Into A Rolls Royce / Rolls-Royce Boat Tail Is The Most Expensive Car In The World in 2023

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.