Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Women Buying Positive Pregnancy Tests 2 Trick Boyfriends Into Marriage Proposals - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women Buying Positive Pregnancy Tests 2 Trick Boyfriends Into Marriage Proposals (1290 Views)

7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals / He Saw A Positive Pregnancy Result In Her Room. / Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Women Buying Positive Pregnancy Tests 2 Trick Boyfriends Into Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
Women are reportedly buying positive pregnancy tests on Craigslist to deceive boyfriends into proposing marriage.

Pregnant women across the United States have taken to extreme measures such as hawking their “positive” pregnancy tests on Craigslist charging a minimum of $25 per a pop.

Some ads suggest buyers use the tests to finally get longtime boyfriends to propose. Others suggest pranking mom and dad. There are those who see this as n opportunity to help their fellow woman who’s been in a long-term relationship with no hope of proposal. By selling their pregnancy test, many hopelessly desperate women out there will get to experience the joy of being proposed to, said one woman. And another one even suggests asking for money for an abortion and then using it to go on vacation.

“I will provide you with 1(one) positive pregnancy test with NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Taken same day,” writes one woman from Florida. “It isn’t my business what you choose to use it for!”

Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the pregnancy Hormone, human chorionic gonadotropin, which is only present in pregnant women’s urine.

Another woman in Toledo, Ohio, is asking for $10 plus the cost of the test. Like the Florida ad, this one promises not to ask questions.

“I will no [sic] take any responsibility for the test after it has been sold nor will I assume any obligations for the test after it has been sold,” the Toledo woman writes. “What you do with the test is your business. I do reserve the right no [sic] deny any requests.”
[img][/img]
She wasn't the only one to have that idea. Check out all these ads posted in states as far apart as Arizona and New Jersey that HuffPost found online after just a quick search:

The ads appear in Chicago, Manhattan, Houston and other cities. Some have been flagged for removal by Craigslist, but new ads that have not been shut down remain.

Via Daily News
- See more at: http://jadeafrican.com/women-purchase-positive-pregnancy-tests-on-craigslist-to-trick-boyfriends-into-marriage-proposal/#sthash.O9SNoBGG.KrJgHF3W.dpuf
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/31/positive-pregnancy-tests-craigslist_n_3848728.html
Re: Women Buying Positive Pregnancy Tests 2 Trick Boyfriends Into Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
Perfect. I've been looking for a lil money earner to try during maternity leave undecided

1 Like

Re: Women Buying Positive Pregnancy Tests 2 Trick Boyfriends Into Marriage Proposals by lekpalicious(f): 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
I'll take 10

Just Joking tongue On a serious note:
A man would have to be a fool to fall for this. All he has to do is go to a couple of doctor appointments to confirm. If she refuses to let him go or finds an excuse why he can't, then he should immediately be suspicious. Or simply have her do a second test while he's in the house with her.

(1) (Reply)

'submissive Role' With Husband: 'I Want Him To Lead / When You’re In A Goodrelationship, You Learn These10 Things / Top Reasons Why Everyone Should Date An Extrovert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.