Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

foreigners chillout joint. - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / foreigners chillout joint. (136551 Views)

Zulu King Changes Tone And Calls For End To SA Attacks On Foreigners / South Africans Ignore Appeal, Continue Attacks On Foreigners / We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (92) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by paniki(m): 11:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
Derailment on on page 11, not bad. I was expecting it by page 2.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Sagamite(m): 11:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
Theben: @semhule, thanks, I just checked my dictionary and discovered that we are both right.

You are a person!

What they taught you was "None of his people has nothing to do with sex"? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And you refuse to admit you are a product of a failed education system? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by sCun: 11:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
Just like I said earlier, glad Semhule has confirmed it.
Scun: Prove it you prat! ''None'' can go with both singular and plural verbs depending on the context.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
Scun: Now you agree with me, so what do we call Sagamite?
No sagamite is right. Read my bolded sentence. He is talking about himself not in third person
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Sagamite(m): 11:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
Scun: Don't try to be too intelligent next time.

person, try and be intelligent once!
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Theben(m): 11:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

You are wrong. We are not both correct! grin

Are you still laughing? Who is embarrassing himself? grin grin grin grin
You are a product of failed education system. I'm even trying to be diplomatic. In a formal writing, using a plural verb is not appropriate. Stop embarrassing your school.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 05, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
When is it appropriate to use have and when is it appropriate to use has?

Use Has -. when only one of each thing, It, She,m He , A /An/One etc

Or If a colletive , for instance the family/the Police is seen upon as one then has (in America), but in Britain its have ..

(BUT it varies in British English and America English and ...)

When using the present tense (with 'to have' as the main verb), or the present perfect tense (with 'to have' as the auxiliary verb), 'has' is used only in the third person singular-- that is, when the subject is a single entity that is not you or I: he, she, it, John, the Eiffel Tower, etc.

I have a headache.
You have a headache.
She/ he/ it/ John/ the Eiffel Tower has a headache.
We have headaches
You all have headaches.
They have headaches.

I have never eaten locusts.
You have never eaten locusts.
She/he/it/John/the Eiffel Tower has never eaten locusts.
We have never eaten locusts.
You all have never eaten locusts.
They have never eaten locusts.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Sagamite(m): 11:35pm On Oct 05, 2013
Theben:
You are a product of failed education system. I'm even trying to be diplomatic. In a formal writing, using a plural verb is not allowed. Stop embarrassing your school.

You are a person!

You are a person!

What they taught you was "None of his people has nothing to do with sex"?

And you don't think your school should be closed down? grin grin grin grin
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Sagamite(m): 11:36pm On Oct 05, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
I have a headache.
You have a headache.
She/ he/ it/ John/ the Eiffel Tower has a headache.
We have headaches
You all have headaches.
They have headaches.

To these Nigerian "graduates", it is:

We has headaches
You all has headaches.
They has headaches.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Afam4eva(m): 11:36pm On Oct 05, 2013
This one wey i dey see person everywhere, has apartheid come back?
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
Anyways this has/have is always tricky so anybody can make a mistake
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by sCun: 11:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
No sagamite is right. Read my bolded sentence. He is talking about himself not in third person
I was actually referring to your previous post, the one with a bolded part is completely different from what we are discussing about right now, it dealt with the basic use of ''have'' and ''has' as shown in the examples given.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by sCun: 11:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
Sagamite:

We has headaches
You all has headaches.
They has headaches.

You are a real waste of space, you keep twisting the issue. We are talking about the use of ''have'' or ''has'' in sentences that start with phrases like “Each of them”, “One of them” or “None of them. Don't try to be too smart.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Theben(m): 11:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
Afam4eva: This one wey i dey see person everywhere, has apartheid come back?
Afam, please take a look at this sentence and tell me if it's wrong

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
None of my posts has anything to do with sex.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
It's Have. Have is right in the context of that particular sentence.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Sagamite(m): 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
Theben:

We has all seen it, person. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Theben(m): 11:46pm On Oct 05, 2013
Sagamite:

We has headaches
You all has headaches.
They has headaches.

Stop changing it. This is how you twist subjects when you are on the verge of losing an argument. You are a disgrace to your school, your family and your neighbourhood. And to think that you claim to be a graduate of one UK uni.

2 Likes

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Sagamite(m): 11:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
Theben:
Stop changing it. This is how you twist subjects when you are on the verge of losing an argument. You are a disgrace to your school, your family and your neighbourhood. And to think that you claim to be a graduate of one UK uni.

You are a person!

Is that not what they taught you at Uniben? grin grin grin grin grin grin

We has headaches
You all has headaches.
They has headaches.

You is a graduate, just like Patience Jonathan. grin
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by sCun: 11:51pm On Oct 05, 2013
Sagamite:

We has headaches
You all has headaches.
They has headaches.

Good job trying to twist things.
Going by your useless logic, ''none of you has a headache'' is wrong. Right?
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Sagamite(m): 11:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
Scun: Good job trying to twist things.
Going by your useless logic, ''none of you has a headache'' is wrong. Right?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

person, it is very "right"!

Product of a failed education system.

Most cretinous of cretins! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by sCun: 11:54pm On Oct 05, 2013
Sexily Endowed: It's Have. Have is right in the context of that particular sentence.
Prove that ''none of them'' cannot go with ''has''. Don't even try to post any other thing here, just prove that ''none of them'', ''none of my friends'', ''none of whatever'' cannot go with ''has''.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
I see some really dumb argument going on lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Afam4eva:
Their body no ugly at all oo. Their babes are also fresh looking.
If I hear? cheesy grin grin lipsrsealed. Even their female stars sef ugly! talkless of the ordinary ones lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by sCun: 11:56pm On Oct 05, 2013
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

person, it is very "right"!

Product of a failed education system.

Most cretinous of cretins! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Good, now stick to the issue and stop twisting things in the name of trying to appear smart.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Theben(m): 11:58pm On Oct 05, 2013
grin grin grin grin
I've always avoided engaging this guy in an argument cos I know it is totally impossible for him to concede defeat.

I don waste time dey argue with mad man. Choi, this mistake will never repeat itself. Oga saga, good night. Please avoid ogogoro when next you intend arguing with intellectuals. grin grin grin grin grin

Scun, please don't bother arguing with him. He's a nutcase. Educating him is like pouring water in a basket. Just read his posts and move on.

1 Like

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Theben(m): 12:01am On Oct 06, 2013
Sexily Endowed: It's Have. Have is right in the context of that particular sentence.
Consult your dictionary please. Don't just take side just because it's sagamite we're up against.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by sCun: 12:02am On Oct 06, 2013
Theben: grin grin grin grin
I've always avoided engaging this guys in an argument cos I know it is totally impossible for him to concede defeat.

I don waste time dey argue with mad man. Choi, this mistake will never repeat itself. Oga saga, good night. Please avoid ogogoro when next you intend arguing with intellectuals. grin grin grin grin grin

Scun, please don't bother arguing with him. He's a nutcase. Educating him is like pouring water in a basket. Just read his posts and move on.
The guy never accepts defeat, he is ready to repeat the same nonsense all day long. Nairaland's resident clown. Hahaha
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 06, 2013
I will soon declare winner! But I dey search google for backup so that this rubbish argument ends once and for all. Tenk angry.

You should all be ashamed of your selves though! You no dey argue right/wrong Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or even Pidgin....Na english una wan kill una selves ontop

FUCKTARDS lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Afam4eva(m): 12:10am On Oct 06, 2013
Theben:
it's actually wrong and it can be tricky. The plural in "posts" already negates the "has". When it's plural, you use "have" instead of "has" and when it's singular, you can use "has".

1 Like

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Theben(m): 12:14am On Oct 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
it's actually wrong and it can be tricky. The plural in "posts" already negates the "has". When it's plural, you use "have" instead of "has" and when it's singular, you can use "has".
Even you? Please, check your dictionary and type everything you see under 'none' here. Don't alter anything abeg.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by RoyalPearl(f): 12:15am On Oct 06, 2013
Lol you guys are still arguing about this matter
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Afam4eva(m): 12:16am On Oct 06, 2013
Theben:
Even you? Please, check your dictionary and type everything you see under 'none' here. Don't alter anything abeg.
You mean the word 'none'?
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Theben(m): 12:17am On Oct 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
You mean the word 'none'?
Yea

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (92) (Reply)

COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) / Deadliest Black/African Warriors!!!! / Kim Yo-Jong, Jong-Un's Sister To Lead North Korea If He Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.