Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

foreigners chillout joint. - Foreign Affairs (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / foreigners chillout joint. (136161 Views)

Zulu King Changes Tone And Calls For End To SA Attacks On Foreigners / South Africans Ignore Appeal, Continue Attacks On Foreigners / We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (92) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 01, 2015
soilsista:

Lol no sir. I'm a Mopedi girl
Oh ok madam.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 02, 2015
pkjag:
Your deputy president was actually here to celebrate with us, Isizulu is the most widely spoken language, it's like asking what is it with swahili when Kenya also has 42 languages.
Kiswahili is Kenya's National language.It is spoken by everyone regardless of tribe. Swahili natives in themselves are only around half a million.It is taught as a compulsoryi subject in both Primary and Secondary
It is also spoken by nearly 200 million people in East and Central Africa giving it the status of a regional language.Mind you,it is both the National and Official language of Tanzania,the national language of Uganda and the language of Inter-ethnic communication in Eastern DRC.Swahili speakers are also found in Malawi,Zambia and parts of coastal Mozambique.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by soilsista(f): 10:15am On Jun 02, 2015
GERALD710:

Kiswahili is Kenya's National language.It is spoken by everyone regardless of tribe. Swahili natives in themselves are only around half a million.It is taught as a compulsoryi subject in both Primary and Secondary
It is also spoken by nearly 200 million people in East and Central Africa giving it the status of a regional language.Mind you,it is both the National and Official language of Tanzania,the national language of Uganda and the language of Inter-ethnic communication in Eastern DRC.Swahili speakers are also found in Malawi,Zambia and parts of coastal Mozambique.
Another East African? Hello, hi smiley

Wait, so Swahili is Kenya's national language? Does this mean all government proceedings are done in the language? Like it's spoken in Parliament and stuff? I know it sounds silly so please clarify. Thanks
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2015
GERALD710:

You don't need to remind me what i learned in primary school.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
soilsista:

Another East African? Hello, hi smiley

Wait, so Swahili is Kenya's national language? Does this mean all government proceedings are done in the language? Like it's spoken in Parliament and stuff? I know it sounds silly so please clarify. Thanks
Yeah, but not all government proceedings, frankly Tanzania does a better job of that than Kenya but we are catching up, yeah it is also spoken in parliament. But basically it is mostly spoken in Kenya and Tanzania, most of the other nations just use it sparingly and their swahili is almost incomprehensible due to mixture with lots of native bantu languages. e.g the people of the DRC speak a very funny form of swahili that's a mixture of french and Lingala.

BTW National means everyone speaks it and Official means it's used in government, so yeah it is Kenya's and Tanzania's Official and National language.

1 Like

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 5:10am On Jun 03, 2015
GERALD710:

Let's not forget the eloquent Bajuni in Southern Somalia
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by soilsista(f): 9:15am On Jun 03, 2015
pkjag:
Yeah, but not all government proceedings, frankly Tanzania does a better job of that than Kenya but we are catching up, yeah it is also spoken in parliament. But basically it is mostly spoken in Kenya and Tanzania, most of the other nations just use it sparingly and their swahili is almost incomprehensible due to mixture with lots of native bantu languages. e.g the people of the DRC speak a very funny form of swahili that's a mixture of french and Lingala.

BTW National means everyone speaks it and Official means it's used in government, so yeah it is Kenya's and Tanzanians Official and National language.
Lol thanks for the English lesson
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by ichommy(m): 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
Hello everyone *drop bags*
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by soilsista(f): 12:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
Happy Youth Day Mzansi!! Enjoy the celebrations and party safe. Don't drink le apere uniform guys, it looks wrong hle. Ke le rata ka lerato la love kiss

Dankie Class of '76

1 Like

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by soilsista(f): 12:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
ichommy:
Hello everyone *drop bags*
Hey there! Welcome smiley
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by ichommy(m): 12:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
soilsista:
Hey there! Welcome smiley
Thanks
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by soilsista(f): 8:15am On Jun 17, 2015
Good morning guys. I trust you are all keeping warm on this very cold morning! As we are recovering from the Youth Day celebrations let's not forget the Boipatong Massacre which happened on this Day in 1992.

One of the things we weren't taught in History class. Let's educate ourselves MaAfrika amantle. Viva cheesy
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2015
soilsista:
Good morning guys. I trust you are all keeping warm on this very cold morning! As we are recovering from the Youth Day celebrations let's not forget the Boipatong Massacre which happened on this Day in 1992.

One of the things we weren't taught in History class. Let's educate ourselves MaAfrika amantle. Viva cheesy
now kea bona hore na o no ithutela political science ka mabaka a feng.

@ ichommi welcome, and to the Easterners let me say my formal welcome to you all; Karibu katika Nairaland.

Hope I got that alrighty

1 Like

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 17, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:

@ ichommi welcome, and to the Easterners let me say my formal welcome to you all; Karibu katika Nairaland.

Hope I got that alrighty
Haha it's right but too formal, plus Karibu is for a single person and Karibuni is for many people, you should have said Karibuni Nairaland or Karibuni katika/kwenye/kwa jukwaa (forum) la Nairaland but it's okay grin

1 Like

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
pkjag:

Haha it's right but too formal, plus Karibu is for a single person and Karibuni is for many people, you should have said Karibuni Nairaland or Karibuni katika/kwenye/kwa jukwaa (forum) ya Nairaland but it's okay grin
ahhh, asante sana.

My sister and I @soilsista happen to be lovers of our continent and the love of Swahili is just too much. Haven't gotten people who speaks it as their first language.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
ahhh, asante sana.

My sister and I @soilsista happen to be lovers of our continent and the love of Swahili is just too much. Haven't gotten people who speaks it as their first language.
Well now you do, there are lots of kenyans on nairaland who would love to engage you if you understand the language smiley
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:24pm On Jun 17, 2015
pkjag:

Well now you do, there are lots of kenyans on nairaland who would love to engage you if you understand the language smiley
I stay away from people this days, hate being dragged into politics. If you do catch my drift
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
I stay away from people this days, hate being dragged into politics. If you do catch my drift
Yes I know, aside from that we can always reach a middle ground, that's what is important, besides i thought you guys had beef with Nigeria, we Kenyans have no beef with anyone except Somalia.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
pkjag:

Yes I know, aside from that we can always reach a middle ground, that's what is important, besides i thought you guys had beef with Nigeria, we Kenyans have no beef with anyone except Somalia.
Got no beef with any African nation, gott beef with how 'some' people think/reason including south Africans.

Why the beef with Somalia? Pardon my ignorance, haven't been on duty since forever.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
Got no beef with any African nation, gott beef with how 'some' people think/reason including south Africans.

Why the beef with Somalia? Pardon my ignorance, haven't been on duty since forever.
It's not really beef with Somalia but Al Shabaab from their country, since Somalia isn't even a united country as we speak, just a group of regions each with its own government.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by soilsista(f): 9:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:

Hope I got that alrighty
Eya mma! For the love of Afrika maan. Ka bona o founile, o sharp?

Pkjag I'm still waiting for my Swahili lessons sha!! Lol let me show off the little I know: usiku mwema smiley
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 17, 2015
soilsista:

Pkjag I'm still waiting for my Swahili lessons sha!! Lol let me show off the little I know: usiku mwema smiley
How do i teach you when you already sound okay smiley where do you take your lessons? And good night to you too smiley
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by soilsista(f): 9:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
pkjag:

How do i teach you when you already sound okay smiley where do you take your lessons? And good night to you too smiley
Google is my friend
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
soilsista:

Google is my friend
Haha tongue don't trust google too much silly coz not all the translations are on point some come out very funny, coz there are idioms that you can't directly translate.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by soilsista(f): 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
pkjag:

Haha tongue don't trust google too much silly coz not all the translations are on point some come out very funny, coz there are idioms that you can't directly translate.
I'm still learning the basics, you know greetings and stuff. Once I master that I'll move to proper sentences.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by suzzy16(f): 12:46am On Jun 18, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:

dear,dis is moji,d nigerian lady on ur bbm,how is mother doing,I added u on dis my moniker now
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 18, 2015
soilsista:

I'm still learning the basics, you know greetings and stuff. Once I master that I'll move to proper sentences.
The greetings do matter but it would be wise to know how and where to use them as different populations greet each other in different ways, First search for a good book to learn from, I'm sure there are many then when you're stuck I can help you.

Frankly I wouldn't know how to start teaching unless you exhibit a significant amount of passion, teaching is hard and I do not think I have the diligence or the patience, the best advice I would recommend is that find a good book, learn as much as you can, then whenever you need clarification or help I will always be available, unless you are paying me, that's the most I can offer at this time, good luck and keep me informed on your progress smiley.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:28am On Jun 19, 2015
pkjag:

It's not really beef with Somalia but Al Shabaab from their country, since Somalia isn't even a united country as we speak, just a group of regions each with its own government.
so you should say its about your beef with Al Shabaab not Somalia as it represents a certain group of people.
soilsista:

Ke sharp, you know whenever I buy airtime your my first girlfriend so I need to check on you regularly but got that your annoying voicemail.

O sa le mo fasting?
suzzy16:
dear,dis is moji,d nigerian lady on ur bbm,how is mother doing,I added u on dis my moniker now
why the new moniker? cheesy lemme guess, you messed up and deleted your old moniker right? Or too upset then decided you were never coming back to nl only to realize the next morning you needed to come back...tongue

Ma is doing great. Hola sometimes on BBM when your not busy and I'll reply when m less too
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by soilsista(f): 11:57am On Jun 19, 2015
Nkele akere you know Eskom? So sometimes ke battery.

Lol second question, re sa dira
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by suzzy16(f): 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
so you should say its about your beef with Al Shabaab not Somalia as it represents a certain group of people.Ke sharp, you know whenever I buy airtime your my first girlfriend so I need to check on you regularly but got that your annoying voicemail.

O sa le mo fasting?why the new moniker? cheesy lemme guess, you messed up and deleted your old moniker right? Or too upset then decided you were never coming back to nl only to realize the next morning you needed to come back...tongue

Ma is doing great. Hola sometimes on BBM when your not busy and I'll reply when m less too
I'm telling u,I will try chat with u on bbm,just dat our electricity is so bad,and dats what's keeping me frm chatting nowadays,cos I dnt like being offline

1 Like

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
suzzy16:
I'm telling u,I will try chat with u on bbm,just dat our electricity is so bad,and dats what's keeping me frm chatting nowadays,cos I dnt like being offline
I thought with the new government you guys would be sorted by now
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by suzzy16(f): 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
I thought with the new government you guys would be sorted by now
everything is getting worst,dear,I'm tired

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (92) (Reply)

Chadian Soldiers Led By President Idris Debby Burst Boko Haram Warehouse / COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) / Deadliest Black/African Warriors!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.