Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

foreigners chillout joint. - Foreign Affairs (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / foreigners chillout joint. (136353 Views)

Zulu King Changes Tone And Calls For End To SA Attacks On Foreigners / South Africans Ignore Appeal, Continue Attacks On Foreigners / We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (92) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
Martin0:

oh, intrude! where are you from

IN.

How are you?
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Thanks for the invite.
Yes, I have seen the brutailty of Nairaland. Its seems like everyday, you have to put on crusader armour on certain posts. And I tend to get in trouble bc I insert myself in "family matters."
I found Nairaland through google cuz I had some questions on Nigerian culture. And then decided to stick around for now.

Lol...have I been through it or what?
I've been called ignorant, controlling, domineering, a feminist, crazy etc...lol.
If I hadn't had a dose of the Nigerian mentality all through my years of growing up with a Nigerian dad, then I would've long been gone off this site.
But see, I have to prayerfully tame that "gene" in me...cause Lord knows it's there.
Nobody tells it "like it is" but a Nigerian.
No filter, no tact....just brutal truth (as they see it)... smiley
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Martin0(m): 7:21pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

IN.
How are you?
Am fine and you
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
Martin0:

Am fine and you

Im good. Thank you.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

Lol...have I been through it or what?
I've been called ignorant, controlling, domineering, a feminist, crazy etc...lol.
If I hadn't had a dose of the Nigerian mentality all through my years of growing up with a Nigerian dad, then I would've long been gone off this site.
But see, I have to prayerfully tame that "gene" in me...cause Lord knows it's there.
Nobody tells it "like it is" but a Nigerian.
No filter, no tact....just brutal truth (as they see it)... smiley

Yeah, but on this forum it seems to be more #alternative facts.

1 Like

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Martin0(m): 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Im good. Thank you.

welcome, we stare, been a good day, jiggling, guess urs, splendid other than day to day activities .where's khiaa she's to be here
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
Martin0:

oh, intrude! where are you from

My brother,
I am an "elderly" Black American/Nigerian lady...born, raised, and living in the U.S.
Be careful...I don't want you to be stoned for speaking to me wink
It's improper and immoral for a young guy (which I'm assuming you are) to be chatting with an "elderly" lady wink

1 Like

Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
Martin0:

welcome, we stare, been a good day, jiggling, guess urs, splendid other than day to day activities .where's khiaa she's to be here

We should invite her.

Khiaa, come join the foreigner chill out room.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Yeah, but on this forum it seems to be more #alternative facts.

Well I am impressed...because I've been reading your comments trying to see how you would handle yourself....
So far, you've done so beautifully...
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Alezy(m): 7:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

We should invite her.

she is still on bed. Allow her rest a little wink
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

Well I am impressed...because I've been reading your comments trying to see how you would handle yourself....
So far, you've done so beautifully...

Thank you.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Martin0(m): 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

My brother,
I am an "elderly" Black American/Nigerian...born, raised, and living in the U.S.
It's improper and immoral for a young guy (which I'm assuming you are) to be chatting with an "elderly" lady wink

well you are welcome, born Nigerian breed with an outfirst mind!

hey you are right, but then again very correct on your description ,but for now, I will base that on probability for you!

As per elderly, who cares other than me, well let the criticism come.

well well well you don't look bad as per your introduction
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Martin0(m): 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

We should invite her.
yeah
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
Martin0:

hey you are right, but then again very correct on your description ,but for now, I will base that on probability for you!

Lol...I actually was being sarcastic...but it seems to be of utmost importance in Nigeria...and on N.L.
Since I know I'm not a "sugar-momma"...all's well!
My dad is Nigerian...late mother Black American. Joined Nairaland (originally) back in December 2016.
Thanks for the welcome...
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

My brother,
I am an "elderly" Black American/Nigerian...born, raised, and living in the U.S.

The term i have run across here is "evening newspaper" Which i dont understand, was afraid to ask.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Martin0(m): 7:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

Lol...I actually was being sarcastic...but it seems to be of utmost importance in Nigeria...and on N.L.
My dad is Nigerian...late mother Black American. Joined Nairaland (originally) back in December 2016.

hahahahah sugar-momma hahahahah am deadgrin chaigrin
well all's well to be precise!
oh yeah you don't need to introduce more of yourself to me, I knew who you are before now, but I never followed up, just like observing what you really are, especially wanted to be sure you are not probably "gullible "

Someone mentioned to my email so year's back, what black have been willed to look or feel like in your country, but all the same I hope you are very well safe and fine, especially in your vicinity/environs!
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
Martin0:

hahahahah sugar-momma hahahahah am deadgrin chaigrin
well all's well to be precise!
oh yeah you don't need to introduce more of yourself to me, I knew who you are before now, but I never followed up, just like observing what you really are, especially wanted to be sure you are not probably "gullible "

Someone mentioned to my email so year's back, what black have been willed to look or feel like in your country, but all the same I hope you are very well safe and fine, especially in your vicinity/environs!

Yeah...you know the "sugar-momma", "sugar-boy", "sugar-daddy", "sugar-girl" thing... wink
Too much sugar everywhere..lol!
Oh I'm in a safe environment....God's been good to me for sure.
Living in a country such as the U.S..means a lot of responsibility comes with the power....
We have freedom (so to speak)...but we also are an extremely violent country...
So there are some pros and cons..
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 07, 2018
Martin0:

Why is there such hostility about a woman's age here?
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

You mentioned you have to be careful bc of past experiences. Can I ask like what?
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

The term i have run across here is "evening newspaper" Which i dont understand, was afraid to ask.

Well I deduced that it meant "used"..and no longer useful and fresh.
Most papers are delivered in the morning...fresh, clean and ready for the day.
You are considered old and elderly if over 35..and it's over if you are unmarried...lol.
I told my brother "the evening newspaper" adjective and he thought it was hilarious!
When I told one of my sisters, well her response wasn't nice at all lipsrsealed
I stay laughing on this site...when I'm not frustrated.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

Well I deduced that it meant "used"..and no longer useful and fresh.
Most papers are delivered in the morning...fresh, clean and ready for the day.
You are considered old and elderly if over 35..and it's over if you are unmarried...lol.
I told my brother "the evening newspaper" adjective and he thought it was hilarious!
When I told one of my sisters, well her response wasn't nice at all lipsrsealed
I stay laughing on this site...when I'm not frustrated.

Well, I dont like it either. But you are right, the memes are hilarious at times.
Im going to resolve to stay off the Romance section, I noticed that is where I get mad the most. But its like a accident, I cant help watching. Sometimes the situations are intriguing but they are really just the same thing every day with a different title.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Well, I dont like it either.

Well it's definitely uncouth terminology and shows a troubling lack of respect for "age" in general, but see you're up against a patriarcial deeply ingrained mentality that's not going anywhere...regardless of the fact that they seem to be having as many problems with marriages as Americans.
What annoys me though is the double standard.
That's why I'm trying to tread cautiously.
Don't want to give the wrong impression...cause this lady's no where near desperate.
I'm not into young boys....(under 30)..although in America..as you know...it's no big deal as long as one is legal.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Well, I dont like it either. But you are right, the memes are hilarious at times.
Im going to resolve to stay off the Romance section, I noticed that is where I get mad the most. But its like a accident, I cant help watching. Sometimes the situations are intriguing but they are really just the same thing every day with a different title.

Yeah...it's probably best to take a small break from commenting (in that room) and perhaps even reading (although that may be difficult).
I used to be on the Religion section a whole lot...like I lived there.
But it became nauseating.....
I would read some stuff on the Romance section for a comic relief...
But stuff gets annoying on there too....
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

Well it's definitely uncouth terminology and shows a troubling lack of respect for "age" in general, but see you're up against a patriarcial deeply ingrained mentality that's not going anywhere...regardless of the fact that they seem to be having as many problems with marriages as Americans.
What annoys me though is the double standard.
That's why I'm trying to tread cautiously.
Don't want to give the wrong impression...cause this lady's no where near desperate.
I'm not into young boys....(under 30)..although in America..as you know...it's no big deal as long as one is legal.

You are right tho. I have to be careful as well bc Im not here to find anyone. I just want to engage and meet people. And yes i know what you mean about being misunderstood when you are trying to be friendly.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

Yeah...it's probably best to take a break from commenting and even reading (although that may be difficult).
I used to be on the Religion section a whole lot...like I lived there.
But it became nauseating.....
I would read some stuff on the Romance section for a comic relief...
But stuff gets annoying on there too....

Good talking to you, Im leaving the forum for today.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

You mentioned you have to be careful bc of past experiences. Can I ask like what?

Some people have very wrong motives on here..and I'll leave it at that.
I can respect the ones that are up-front and aren't playing games. Tell me what you want with me and then let me decide...you see?
But deceptive, treacherous and malicious stuff is what I don't tolerate.
Nigerians are brilliant people...but with that brilliance comes some abuse..a manipulation of that brilliance..
Using it in a conniving way.
I call stuff out and am vocal..(I'm sure I have made some enemies unfortunately).
But such is life....
I'm learning......slowly but surely.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

Some people have very wrong motives on here..and I'll leave it at that.
I can respect the ones that are up-front and aren't playing games. Tell me what you want with me and then let me decide...you see?
But deceptive, treacherous and malicious stuff is what I don't tolerate.
Nigerians are brilliant people...but with that brilliance comes some abuse..a manipulation of that brilliance..
Using it in a conniving way.
I call stuff out and am vocal..(I'm sure I have made some enemies unfortunately).
But such is life....
I'm learning......slowly but surely.

Well this is why I dont answer PMs unless we are acquainted. This way, all the shenanigans are avoided. Sorry about your experiences.

That outspoken and vocalism, hey, I recognize that. That must be the American in you.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Well this is why I dont answer PMs unless we are acquainted. This way, all the shenanigans are avoided. Sorry about your experiences.

That outspoken and vocalism, hey, I recognize that. That must be the American in you.

You made a wise choice.....you have to tread cautiously.
I made a terrible mistake in the past....
Lessons learned though....
Well I'm a mix of both...a dangerous combo.
Nigerians/ Black Americans...vocal beasts.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Good talking to you, Im leaving the forum for today.

Same here...you take care.
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Martin0(m): 9:15pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

Yeah...you know the "sugar-momma", "sugar-boy", "sugar-daddy", "sugar-girl" thing... wink
Too much sugar everywhere..lol!
Oh I'm in a safe environment....God's been good to me for sure.
Living in a country such as the U.S..means a lot of responsibility comes with the power....
We have freedom (so to speak)...but we also are an extremely violent country...
So there are some pros and cons..

yesh I understand basically!
Well God is good!

wait this sugar thing, sometimes I keep wondering oo, but all same everybody got motives in whatever he or she got involved in .it all got to do with your mindset and instinct!

Basically we term to conclude firstly in this manner for now!

well relocate your Ass down here and enjoy the culture and reach natural nature.

hey I want all my female foreign friends to Bring their ass down here, in probably stay here with Nigerian's .grin
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Martin0(m): 9:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Why is there such hostility about a woman's age here?

I wonder why sometimes, but I know for sure it definitely based to be fake admiration .

well down here seeing aged lady mingling with young blood is tagged "benefits "you know wht I mean, same applies for ladies going about with old men "aged "
Re: foreigners chillout joint. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
Martin0:

yesh I understand basically!
Well God is good!

wait this sugar thing, sometimes I keep wondering oo, but all same everybody got motives in whatever he or she got involved in .it all got to do with your mindset and instinct!

Basically we term to conclude firstly in this manner for now!

well relocate your Ass down here and enjoy the culture and reach natural nature.

hey I want all my female foreign friends to Bring their ass down here, in probably stay here with Nigerian's .grin

"Natural nature"....interesting choice of words.
Well....I have my relatives over there...
So that's a good thing.
Nigeria seems to be going through some really tough and hard times though.....
I read almost daily about the main issue being about a recession and lack of jobs for graduates, infrastructure issues and corruption etc...
Maybe that's why guys are into "419" , online romance scams, or yahoo.. undecided
Desperate times I guess...

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (92) (Reply)

Chadian Soldiers Led By President Idris Debby Burst Boko Haram Warehouse / COVID-19 In US: Thousands Lineup Orderly In Their Cars To Get Food, Items(Pics) / Deadliest Black/African Warriors!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.