Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,261 members, 7,811,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517337 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:19am On Aug 17, 2014
Kamsified and Rich4god you too should pity my ribs please grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 10:10am On Aug 17, 2014
"....for even the dogs can feed on the scraps which fall from their master's table"

Just as the Canaanite woman did, may we always show faith in God even when faced with what seems to be impossible.

We pray Oh Lord.

Good morning ndi nke Chineke

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:21am On Aug 17, 2014
jnrbayano:

Right here dear.

How have you been? smiley
You disappeared na so my office was about to declare you wanted wink
Welcome back dearest, I've bn fine thanks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:23am On Aug 17, 2014
hurricaneChris: "....for even the dogs can feed on the scraps which fall from their master's table"

Just as the Canaanite woman did, may we always show faith in God even when faced with what seems to be impossible.

We pray Oh Lord.

Lord hear our prayers

Good morning to you bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:25am On Aug 17, 2014
SalC: I just saw this, I will provide proof since you dared me

You will know better than to do so next time tongue

My dear here's the pics o grin
In a whisper* which one is the theologian? cheesy
Oga Syncan, this woman testeth thy patience lipsrsealed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:30am On Aug 17, 2014
SalC: Kamsified and Rich4god you too should pity my ribs please grin
tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:36am On Aug 17, 2014
Where is wonda26, I hope you eventually succeeded yesterday. Was going to respond to your post also but sometimes this thread moves faster than my fingers can catch up lipsrsealed
A wonderful day to you sir
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:40am On Aug 17, 2014
Good morning and happy Sunday brethren

I have a question on today's reading
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:42am On Aug 17, 2014
I sight Salc, I'm always loya ma wink
Happy sunday
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:44am On Aug 17, 2014
SalC: Happy Happy Happy Sunday to you all. I bring you baskets of blessing. cool take and enjoy. smiley
Same same same to you cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:45am On Aug 17, 2014
Ify124 I greet you ma wink. Happy Sunday to you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:46am On Aug 17, 2014
Kamsified:
In a whisper* which one is the theologian? cheesy
Oga Syncan, this woman testeth thy patience lipsrsealed
I refrained from saying whom among them is him because I want to at least respect his privacy but if he dares me one more time, I will break the "aku oyibo nsugbe" grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:47am On Aug 17, 2014
Kamsified: Good morning and happy Sunday brethren

I have a question on today's reading
Shoot....wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2014
Kamsified: I sight Salc, I'm always loya ma wink
Happy sunday
Ada bekee Happy sunday to you too. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:54am On Aug 17, 2014
Mark 2:27 Jesus came to the world to call sinners to repentance
Matt18:11 for the son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost
So many passages that point to the love of Christ for sinners just to mention but a two wink
But in today's reading, a Canaanite woman came to request for healing from Jesus and he ignored her in Matt 15:23, then in verse 24, he says " I was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel" and then in verse 26, he said to her " it's not right to take the children's food and throw it to the dogs"

My question is what could have made this woman's case different? I mean she is the one that came to Jesus but Jesus didn't want to look her side, to the point of calling her(abi her people) dog

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:57am On Aug 17, 2014
SalC: I refrained from saying whom among them is him because I want to at least respect his privacy but if he dares me one more time, I will break the "aku oyibo nsugbe" grin
Now she threatheneth him cheesy
Syncan ndooo
Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 11:08am On Aug 17, 2014
Kamsified: Ify124 I greet you ma wink. Happy Sunday to you
Happy Sunday sis. God bless you

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 11:10am On Aug 17, 2014
kissHappy sunday every one. Have a blessed week
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:11am On Aug 17, 2014
IFY124: Happy Sunday sis. God bless you
Bless you too dearie. How was mass?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:24am On Aug 17, 2014
Kamsified: Mark 2:27 Jesus came to the world to call sinners to repentance
Matt18:11 for the son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost
So many passages that point to the love of Christ for sinners just to mention but a two wink
But in today's reading, a Canaanite woman came to request for healing from Jesus and he ignored her in Matt 15:23, then in verse 24, he says " I was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel" and then in verse 26, he said to her " it's not right to take the children's food and throw it to the dogs"

My question is what could have made this woman's case different? I mean she is the one that came to Jesus but Jesus didn't want to look her side, to the point of calling her(abi her people) dog
Oops... I believe the words and action of Jesus Christ in that passage was not that of rejection but trying to drive home two salient points.

1) Israel (the literal israel) happened to be a nation after God's heart, God chose and loved them, therefore gave them utmost consideration in virtually every of his plans for humanity.
The woman in question was a Cannanite, (those who God allowed to be defeated in other to establish the land of israel) therefore they could be said to be secondary in God's plan of salvation yet a woman from among them came seeking for the succour originally meant for the house of israel.

Jesus' answer was to show God's plan but remember he went ahead to grant her request when she showed faith in him.
This is to say, throw faith or by faith salvation got to the non israelites.

2) That passage show the "strength of faith" the faith and insistence of the woman move Jesus to a point where he couldn't resist not turning the woman down.
When he addressed the woman directly or indirectly as a dog, ordinarily the woman would have gotten angry and walk away, but no she insisted.

Unusual faith and attitude attracts God's favour, the woman showed unusual faith in Jesus which he couldn't even find in Israel and she received what was originally meant for the children of Israel.

This is to teach us the benefit of faith, patience and perseverance in God. With these, we stand to be steadfast and not give up thereby attracting God's unmerited favour.

My 2 cents. cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 11:34am On Aug 17, 2014
Kamsified:
Bless you too dearie. How was mass?
It was great. A beautiful eucharistic celebration.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:42am On Aug 17, 2014
IFY124: kissHappy sunday every one. Have a blessed week
Happy sunday dearie.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:52am On Aug 17, 2014
SalC: Oops... I believe the words and action of Jesus Christ in that passage was not that of rejection but trying to drive home two salient points.

1) Israel (the literal israel) happened to be a nation after God's heart, God chose and loved them, therefore gave them utmost consideration in virtually every of his plans for humanity.
The woman in question was a Cannanite, (those who God allowed to be defeated in other to establish the land of israel) therefore they could be said to be secondary in God's plan of salvation yet a woman from among them came seeking for the succour originally meant for the house of israel.

Jesus' answer was to show God's plan but remember he went ahead to grant her request when she showed faith in him.
This is to say, throw faith or by faith salvation got to the non israelites.

2) That passage show the "strength of faith" the faith and insistence of the woman move Jesus to a point where he couldn't resist not turning the woman down.
When he addressed the woman directly or indirectly as a dog, ordinarily the woman would have gotten angry and walk away, but no she insisted.

Unusual faith and attitude attracts God's favour, the woman showed unusual faith in Jesus which he couldn't even find in Israel and she received what was originally meant for the children of Israel.

This is to teach us the benefit of faith, patience and perseverance in God. With these, we stand to be steadfast and not give up thereby attracting God's unmerited favour.

My 2 cents. cheesy
Nnem thanks for your wonderful contribution. Believe me when I say I've had this question in mind for a very long time. Doesn't this suggest some serious par-tia-li-ty
Anyway let me wait for more contributions before I conclude.
Thanks again dearest sis. God bless you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Kamsified:
Nnem thanks for your wonderful contribution. Believe me when I say I've had this question in mind for a very long time. Doesn't this suggest some serious par-tia-li-ty
Anyway let me wait for more contributions before I conclude.
Thanks again dearest sis. God bless you
Lol it may seem so but then God knows better than we do. Our major concern is that we all who believe in him are now the new israel and we all are after God's heart.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
IFY124: kissHappy sunday every one. Have a blessed week
Same to u dear
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
Rich4god: Na wetin.... Shey na everything you wan drag... Oya, kamsified come tell me d truth...
shocked drag wetin again?

Which truth you wan hear?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
Rich4god and kamsified sad sad
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
SalC: Lol it may seem so but then God knows better than we do. Our major concern is that we all who believe in him are now the new israel and we all are after God's heart.
Anyway it feels even more special that we're among the favored ones wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
IFY124: It was great. A beautiful eucharistic celebration.
Nice
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
Looking for Rich4god, how are you feeling today dear? I hope the agbo has did the magic
May our lady, health of the sick continue interceding for you my prince wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
hurricaneChris: "....for even the dogs can feed on the scraps which fall from their master's table"

We pray Oh Lord.

Those verses bring goosebumps whenever I come across them.

Another is that of the Centurion.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: Rich4god and kamsified sad sad
tongue
Were u not there when he performed all the traditional marriage rights
If I don't take care of him, who will

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.