Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,518 members, 7,836,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (520496 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
vest: For He(christ) Establish A Single Church

To Ensure A Single Message

Would Lead Every Single Person

On A Single Path, Through That Single Narrow Door To Savation.

Good Manwin Every Single Person Happy New Week.

Salc Peeping Is Nt........

Nice one. Happy new week to you as well
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
vest: Bookmark Hmm! Nice 1, We Should Also Visit Dis Site www.Catholic.Com Every Week To See New Issues Updated
Saved to favorites
Thanks for sharing
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
FrankySnow: Hello SalC smiley

Hi kamsified. smiley

Good morning house.

Hi Franky smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
Rich4god: And when I was thinking to be the FTC on page 200.... There is God o... Nice to have mumsy back... Waiting for Kiddablingz...

Looking for kiddablingz too. Hope he's fine
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ubenedictus: hehehe...

Na dat kind story you dey like abi?
grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ubenedictus:

my thought process
Are you sure you've figured out that one, my thoughts are wonderfully complicated.
Besides, i may very well just be a young man who loves reading old boring books.
Uncle do you remember me saying we only need a simple yes or no answer? lipsrsealed cheesy

All these long stories.smh
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
striktlymi:

I think, in that regard, the objectivity of truth largely depends on what we agree to be the reference point. It would be difficult to say how objective truth is without defining the basis on which whatever we hold as true is established.

I can say, it is true that a man commits murder when he kills another wrongfully. If we do not define what we consider as 'wrongful killing' then I think it may be a bit cumbersome to say what is true in this case.

If we look at a set of Integers 'Z' such that 'x' is a member of Z where Z contains the values -3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3 on the real number line. Would it be true to conclude that 'x' = 1 is contained in that set?

Of course it would be true because the parameters are well defined. If on the other hand, I did not define the parameters and just gave a closed set of (1,2) and asked the same question; I am almost sure that everyone may argue that 'x' = 1 is contained in the set.

If I go on to define my set as (4-3,2) that may influence the various answers and opinions. Note that (4-3,2) is not necessarily the same as (1,2).

The point I am trying to make here is that truth may not be objective if it is not properly defined.
i'll agree with you that the truth should be defined if it is to be considered objective...most time it should obey a set of rules.

If we can agree that truth can be objective but needs to be defined, I think the question is :

who defines what is objectively true?
What do u think?

I don't think you belong to any congregation that is as rigid as some of the mendicant orders. I presume you would be somewhere in between. A congregation that allows some degree of flexibility. Somewhere in between MSP or SPS and the Vocationist. Not strictly missionary and not 'too religious'.

then maybe you don't know me that well.

IF (and that is a very big if) i were a religious, i wouldn't want something in the middle, i'll go for a congregation with a dynamic contemplative life, practical ascetism, powerful pastorial work(evangelisation), culture of heavy theological thought and enviable charity....

I will be interested in doing everything, doing everything to its allowed extreme....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:18am On Sep 23, 2014
Day 5
.Reflection from Luke 12:13-21

13 Someone in the crowd said to him,
“Teacher, tell my brother to divide the family
inheritance with me.”14 But he said to him,
“Friend, who set me to be a judge or
arbitrator over you?”15 And he said to
them, “Take care! Be on your guard against
all kinds of greed; for one’s life does not
consist in the abundance of possessions.”
16 Then he told them a parable: “The land of
a rich man produced abundantly. 17 And he
thought to himself, ‘What should I do, for I
have no place to store my crops?’18 Then
he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my
barns and build larger ones, and there I will
store all my grain and my goods.19 And I
will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample
goods laid up for many years; relax, eat,
drink, be merry.’20 But God said to him,
‘You fool! This very night your life is being
demanded of you. And the things you have
prepared, whose will they be?’21 So it is
with those who store up treasures for
themselves but are not rich toward God.”
The lesson in this passage is some what similar to yesterday's own. We neglect the fact that God gave us a command to help the poor ones among us. Taking a look at the passage, we get to see that the man has laboured and has harvested so much in return/as a reward. Watch this, God didnt complain about him "labouring"... But about the way he handled his harvest/wealth. Its not bad for someone to labour hard for his dialy living, its not bad for someone to have so much wealth... But the question is, how do you make use of the wealth/harvest that you have laboured for. Do you just stock it up for yourself without putting into account those around you. Do you raise your shoulder so high in the company of others because you feel you have so much, therefore you dont need to be humble in front of anyone. Do you severe your relatonship with your friends/brothers/relations because you feel comfortable with your wealth and so dont need their relationship anymore. Do you associate with people of your class because you see the others as inferior to you. Do you make investment/expenditure just for youself (and your nuclear family) without putting into consideration your relations/neihgbours who are in need. Do you use your wealth to trample on the right of others and surppress justice for the needy. Do you try to build up treasures for yourself in heaven by using the wealth you have here on earth. Remember the bible passage where Christ said we should build up treasures for ourself in heaven where thiefs cannot break in and nothing can destroy it.
Today, God is telling us to use our wealth wisely, for we dont know the day that we will leave this earth, and the wealth that we so much cherish and laboured for will end up in the hands of someone who didnt even contribute a dime to it...
We pray today that God will help us to not only build up wealth on earth, but to also build up wealth in heaven so that when we die, our heavenly wealth will be waiting for us... For it is in given that we recieve...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:26am On Sep 23, 2014
Good mornng friends... Wishing you all a wonderful day...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:56am On Sep 23, 2014
Rich4god: Day 5

The lesson in this passage is some what similar to yesterday's own. We neglect the fact that God gave us a command to help the poor ones among us. Taking a look at the passage, we get to see that the man has laboured and has harvested so much in return/as a reward. Watch this, God didnt complain about him "labouring"... But about the way he handled his harvest/wealth. Its not bad for someone to labour hard for his dialy living, its not bad for someone to have so much wealth... But the question is, how do you make use of the wealth/harvest that you have laboured for. Do you just stock it up for yourself without putting into account those around you. Do you raise your shoulder so high in the company of others because you feel you have so much, therefore you dont need to be humble in front of anyone. Do you severe your relatonship with your friends/brothers/relations because you feel comfortable with your wealth and so dont need their relationship anymore. Do you associate with people of your class because you see the others as inferior to you. Do you make investment/expenditure just for youself (and your nuclear family) without putting into consideration your relations/neihgbours who are in need. Do you use your wealth to trample on the right of others and surppress justice for the needy. Do you try to build up treasures for yourself in heaven by using the wealth you have here on earth. Remember the bible passage where Christ said we should build up treasures for ourself in heaven where thiefs cannot break in and nothing can destroy it.
Today, God is telling us to use our wealth wisely, for we dont know the day that we will leave this earth, and the wealth that we so much cherish and laboured for will end up in the hands of someone who didnt even contribute a dime to it...
We pray today that God will help us to not only build up wealth on earth, but to also build up wealth in heaven so that when we die, our heavenly wealth will be waiting for us... For it is in given that we recieve...
Thanks for this....

It is not surprising to see in our world today, that most of us think of acquiring the best of everything we can think of, but we seldom see us trying the best we can to help others, yet it is in helping others we pile up treasures in heaven not by providing excessively for ourselves..... If we can take few minutes break and consider what it means to be "a rich fool" maybe it will instill in us the conciseness to seek more of the heavenly treasure and not cling tenaciously to our earthly possessions. To acquire rich isn't bad but it is wiser to use it for the good of our soul and that of the people who we are privileged to find in their time of need. ...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:59am On Sep 23, 2014
Rich4god: Good mornng friends... Wishing you all a wonderful day...
Do have a gracious day dear
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:10am On Sep 23, 2014
So much have passed here, so much to comment on, so many mentions...yet I'll plead dear brethren, that i don't say a thing on them for now. I have been captivated by these posts from Rich4god(hope he gets seun to change the g to G), messages so ancient yet so new. I rather see out the novena to an end, reading these messages as they come each day, and hoping it makes a better me at the end. God bless you all.

Goodmorning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 23, 2014
Ubenedictus: i'll agree with you that the truth should be defined if it is to be considered objective...most time it should obey a set of rules.

If we can agree that truth can be objective but needs to be defined, I think the question is :

who defines what is objectively true?
What do u think?

That is where it becomes very problematic. For Catholics truth is defined by whatever God chooses to reveal via his Church. For the protestant it may be what they believe God to have revealed through the instrumentality of Sacred scriptures.

Muslims may choose to see truth in the light of what they believe God to have revealed through the Quran and the Hadith. Pagans still, may choose a whole set of framework as the objective basis for truth. The Atheist and other irreligious folks may want to see truth only in terms of whatever can be experienced and proven scientifically.

For me as an individual I choose to subject myself to whatever God chooses to reveal through his Church, even though it is most times difficult to swallow. Thus, my thoughts on the matter would be that the objective base for which truth should be defined would be God but this cannot be so until everything is revealed and we all see God as he truly is on the last day.

But before then my guy, I think the objective base of truth is relative and very subjective. That's my thought for now. If you have any super duper logic or argument to sway me off that line of thought, I would very much want to read it.

Ubenedictus:
then maybe you don't know me that well.

IF (and that is a very big if) i were a religious, i wouldn't want something in the middle, i'll go for a congregation with a dynamic contemplative life, practical ascetism, powerful pastorial work(evangelisation), culture of heavy theological thought and enviable charity....

I will be interested in doing everything, doing everything to its allowed extreme....

The above defines exactly what it means to be in the middle. I may know more about you than you are ready to admit. cool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:08am On Sep 23, 2014
Rich4god: Day 5

Good morning sweetheart.
God bless you real good for sharing.
A wonderful day to you as well
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:12am On Sep 23, 2014
Kamsified:

Good morning sweetheart.
God bless you real good for sharing.
A wonderful day to you as well
Thanks alot my zing... I know you just finished taking your breakfast... Already preparing lunch...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2014
Syncan: So much have passed here, so much to comment on, so many mentions...yet I'll plead dear brethren, that i don't say a thing on them for now. I have been captivated by these posts from Rich4god(hope he gets seun to change the g to G), messages so ancient yet so new. I rather see out the novena to an end, reading these messages as they come each day, and hoping it makes a better me at the end. God bless you all.

Goodmorning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

I agree on 'g' ish actually, if at all it's possible to change it.

Welcome back sir. A splendid day to you as well
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:16am On Sep 23, 2014
Rich4god: Thanks alot my zing... I know you just finished taking your breakfast... Already preparing lunch...

I haven't started making lunch. still waiting on u to say what you want to eat smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:19am On Sep 23, 2014
Kamsified:

I haven't started making lunch. still waiting on u to say what you want to eat smiley
All I need is yam porriage with "ukpaka" and vegetable all over it...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:23am On Sep 23, 2014
Kamsified:

I agree on 'g' ish actually, if at all it's possible to change it.

Welcome back sir. A splendid day to you as well
It was "G" before... But after the tsunami, it reverted back to "g"... Though I have mailed seun and the mods, but nithing have been done about it...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:24am On Sep 23, 2014
Rich4god: All I need is yam porriage with "ukpaka" and vegetable all over it...
Lol. Consider it done sweetheart

Any word from your brother kiddablingz yet?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:27am On Sep 23, 2014
Rich4god: It was "G" before... But after the tsunami, it reverted back to "g"... Though I have mailed seun and the mods, but nithing have been done about it...
Eiyaa. I didn't think they'll be able to change it(but that's because I equally made a request they couldn't fulfill ). But let's watch and see.
Did they say they could do it but haven't or they didn't respond at all?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:30am On Sep 23, 2014
Kamsified:
Lol. Consider it done sweetheart

Any word from your brother kiddablingz yet?
Cant wait... KiddaBlingzz ran away cos he doesnt want to wash plate...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:31am On Sep 23, 2014
Kamsified:
Eiyaa. I didn't think they'll be able to change it(but that's because I equally made a request they couldn't fulfill ). But let's watch and see.
Did they say they could do it but haven't or they didn't respond at all?
No respond from them...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:33am On Sep 23, 2014
Rich4god: Cant wait... KiddaBlingzz ran away cos he doesnt want to wash plate...
it's actually unlike him to stay away for many days in a row
Find him o biko. Tell him salc is buying a dish washer this weekend smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:35am On Sep 23, 2014
Rich4god: No respond from them...
Mail the super mods as well. At least let them reply so you know your options
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:36am On Sep 23, 2014
Jnrbayano good morning to you
How is the capital city this morning?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:39am On Sep 23, 2014
Kamsified: Jnrbayano good morning to you
How is the capital city this morning?

She saw me cheesy

The city is serene and beautiful. wink

Hope your day broke well.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:42am On Sep 23, 2014
Kamsified:
it's actually unlike him to stay away for many days in a row
Find him o biko. Tell him salc is buying a dish washer this weekend smiley
:p lol... Soon he will come...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
Rich4god: Cant wait... KiddaBlingzz ran away cos he doesnt want to wash plate...
You know, I was about asking what you people did to KiddaBlingzz in my absence, he ran away completely

#BringbackmyKiddaBlingzz.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Burmak: 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello fellow catholics am a new member of precious blood apostolate i hv been trying to say the chaplets pls i want to know how and where it is appropriate to add my personal intention i will be glad if anyone can help thanks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
Did God abandon Adam and Eve at the Garden of Eden?

Think critically and review the story in Genesis before answering.

cc: ubenedictus, italo, syncan.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 12:59am On Sep 24, 2014
Burmak: Hello fellow catholics am a new member of precious blood apostolate

Nice devotion. I'm also a member.

i hv been trying to say the chaplets pls i want to know how and where it is appropriate to add my personal intention i will be glad if anyone can help thanks

we normally pray the precious blood chaplet immediately after the rosary prayer. It's during the rosary prayers that we pour our intentions. I.e.

(lets assume one is about praying the holy rosary)

1 *sign of cross*

2. *come holy spirit...*

3. *ALL INTENTIONS*

4. *I Believe in one God.....*

5. 1 Our father

6. 3 hail Mary

7 Glory be to the Father..

8. The first Joyful/luminous/sorrowful/Glorious mystery of the holy rosary...,

in a nutshell, After laying your intentions during d rosary prayers and are done with the rosary, proceed immediately with the chapter of the precious blood. No need of laying another set of intention because the rosary prayer intentions are intertwined with the precious blood chaplets prayer. Besides, the mysteries of the precious blood chaplets contains beautiful prayer intentions attached to each mystery. Just follow the the guidelines in the prayer book.

I hope dis helps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.